Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Intrepida thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: ayushimehra

after reading this post, i think, show is going good,

not saw TV last one month, after seeing i will comment soon.

Yea its getting better but praja need to leave Chittod!
history_geek thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Charu.S

Hi Radhika, Abhay,

Thank you both for sharing candid views on the July 8th episode. ðŸ˜Š

The story of MP is progressing really well. I love the portrayal of the Rana, his selfless nature, true love for the 'praja', his country and above all his never-say-die attitude. His depiction is so 'real'. His queen Ajabde Baisa is also a quiet but strong woman, and a supportive spouse. Her gesture of sealing a sister/brother bond with Ismail Khan, by tying the rakhi, is truly praiseworthy.
Ismail Khan, the pathan, is a gentleman. What a fine character !
I am enjoying watching MP these days. Production values are awesome, the storyline and dialogues are weaved in with believable NR, the sets and costumes are good and the actors are doing a fine job. Thanks to Abhay's treasury of historical information, the more I read, I'm beginning to admire the personality, tenacity and principles of the great Rana Pratap.

PS : Radhika, you refreshed forgotten memories by mentioning Tagore's poignant 'Kabuliwallah'. ðŸ˜Š

Charu,
Good to see you here. Thanks for sharing your views on the episode. :)

I also started to watch from the Chittor Siege track. I agree about one thing. The characters look believable. I remember watching in the 'other show' , Akbar giving a speech on non-violence when his troops were going to fight a war. Contrast with the present Akbar, at least in times of war, any king will behave very seriously in sync with the conditions. Hence, this NR is believable in this track, and when we compare this with history we do feel that this is much fine.

I am enjoying the track, only complain is that, i wanted to see Chittor's army with resources and i want the command of fort to be COMPLETELY given to Jaimal asap. Chittor folks were not resourceless or withou weapons as the makers are projecting. They fought and gave a really tough time to the Mughals. Next post is coming soon. We will see more in that. :)

history_geek thumbnail

Originally posted by: Intrepida

Very nice post abhay!

Thanks Rati. :)

Charu.S thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: history_geek

Charu,
Good to see you here. Thanks for sharing your views on the episode. :)

I also started to watch from the Chittor Siege track. I agree about one thing. The characters look believable. I remember watching in the 'other show' , Akbar giving a speech on non-violence when his troops were going to fight a war. Contrast with the present Akbar, at least in times of war, any king will behave very seriously in sync with the conditions. Hence, this NR is believable in this track, and when we compare this with history we do feel that this is much fine.

I am enjoying the track, only complain is that, i wanted to see Chittor's army with resources and i want the command of fort to be COMPLETELY given to Jaimal asap. Chittor folks were not resourceless or withou weapons as the makers are projecting. They fought and gave a really tough time to the Mughals. Next post is coming soon. We will see more in that. :)

Thank you Abhay. Eagerly waiting to read your next post ðŸ˜Š. 

Yes, I completely agree with you, about the dull and pathetic portrayal of Akbar, prior to war, in the 'other' show.😒

I like the depiction of Akbar in MP. I read that the actor currently playing Akbar, is being replaced. 

The Chittor siege is an important aspect of history, that has left an indelible mark of destruction by the Mughals, which we discuss even to this day. That Akbar went on a rampage being treacherous and manipulative with his military strategies, is well known, but as you have so clearly explained, the fearless Rajputs retaliated equally bravely under very difficult circumstances too. I too wish to see their military prowess and tactics being explored to the fullest.

We have to wait and watch how the plot unfolds from the Rana's side this week.----------------- 
history_geek thumbnail

Originally posted by: ayushimehra

after reading this post, i think, show is going good,

not saw TV last one month, after seeing i will comment soon.

Ayushi,
Nice to find you also in this forum. :)
Yes, show is going good. The Saka and Jauhar are approaching.

ayushimehra thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hi Abhay,

your title recalled me, story of Raskhan,  Which Pathani Jidd,accepted Lord Krishna, or he wore

Pathani dress, or called in this earth, Pathani, Krishna.

Raskhan born aftter so many years after Krishna, but his Pathani Bhakti , melted Krishna Heart,
or he accepted Raskhan wishes.

posting two links

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=218459944885447&id=133913083296699

http://www.shareyouressays.com/124083/story-of-raskhan-the-devout-poet-in-hindi