touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago

Katrina Kaif rejects Jackie Chan

Deccan Chronicle | Subhash K. Jha | June 28, 2015, 22.06 pm IST
Katrina Kaif
Katrina Kaif has become very selective about her co-stars. She is said to have turned down films with both Rajinikanth and Kamal Haasan at around the same time. Recently, she refused a Jackie Chan film too. News that Katrina was teaming up with Jackie Chan has been written about but now reports say otherwise. 

"She wasn't aware that Jackie Chan had already done Myth with none other than, Mallika Sherawat. When Katrina discovered that Mallika had a 10-minute role in Myth, she lost interest. It took away the shine from the opportunity of working with the biggest star of Asia," says a source.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/150628/entertainment-bollywood/article/katrina-kaif-rejects-jackie-chan

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Originally posted by: touch_of_pink

"She wasn't aware that Jackie Chan had already done Myth with none other than, Mallika Sherawat. When Katrina discovered that Mallika had a 10-minute role in Myth, she lost interest. It took away the shine from the opportunity of working with the biggest star of Asia," says a source.

😆
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
10 minutes is not bad considering Dhoom 3 ðŸ˜†
Women dont have role in jakie chan movie. Tuxedo was exception.
misshypocrite thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I knew she wouldn't do  it ðŸ˜† I believe her film with Sidharth starts in September.
dhartiamber thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Whats the proof she was actualy offered? it looks a planned Kattu PR strategy. 
EllaElla thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
*Lights a diya and goes to find a 101 coconuts to break at the temple*

Praying this is true.  Iss paagli ka koi bharoosa nahin. 

Edited by EllaElla - 8 years ago
light_year thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dhartiamber

Whats the proof she was actualy offered? it looks a planned Kattu PR strategy.

Just like deepikas fast and furious 7 😆 . I have a feeling sonam will do it and even 10 min role will open new avenues for actresses who chooses to do this movie.
light_year thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: EllaElla

*Lights a diya and goes to find a 101 coconuts to break at the temple*

Praying this is true. Iss paagli ka koi bharoosa nahin.

She should do this movie, comedy is her zone. Many hollywood actors know mallika than deepika or katrina in bollywood. If this movie is not taking much of her time than she should do it.
EllaElla thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: light_year

She should do this movie, comedy is her zone. Many hollywood actors know mallika than deepika or katrina in bollywood. If this movie is not taking much of her time than she should do it.

Sorry but I disagree. Yes comedy is her zone but just because any comedy comes along, does not mean she should accept it. Jackie Chan does not guarantee it will be a  quality movie with great script. The box office gross of his last few films in America have been abysmal. He does not sell on his own right now and I don't think he sells in India either. Getting Katrina on board is just trying to use her fame to attract Indian audiences. She needs get smarter and use her brain about these things and stop letting people use her this way. 

I don't mind Kat doing a comedy but I'd be much happier about it if we had some clue that it was going to be a good project with a good script and  good (big) role for her. This project does not give that feeling.  As far as Hollywood is concerned, Kat has never said anything that indicates she wants to even try to go in that direction. She's already come to one foreign land and has received so much success. Isn't that enough?

Kat said in the India Conclave interview that she wants to focus on her craft as an actress. I hope she has learned well from the criticism she rightfully received for the last few movies she did. If not and if she continues to pick roles like D3 and this Kungfu crap then I will know what she said was all smoke and mirrors. Then we will all know she did not mean anything by it. 

"If this movie is not taking much of her time than she should do it"

Does not take much time = short role. No thank you, I don't want another Dhoom 3 scenario. I already watched steroid muscled Aamir and pakoda faces of Abhi and Uday to get a glimse of Kat. I will not watch another short man doing stupid hijinks for hours onscreen so I can watch Kat in 10 minute role. Nope, nope, nope. 

Edited by EllaElla - 8 years ago