plz update next part soon plz plz plz
rbb1 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
Nice story it's good purab has decided not to interfere
x-Ri-Ri-x thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Loving it so far!!! You've done a great job of getting down their emotions! Can't wait for more
ShivaliShaji thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

2. Distance

Abhi retired to his room a little after eleven o' clock. Tanu had insisted that he spend the night with her but tired of her constant nagging, Abhi declined. He hurried up the stairs ignoring the sting he felt on his injured abdomen and the sickening feeling in his stomach. He turned the knob slowly and opened the door to see what Fuggy was up to. After the confession she made at the lakeside, he had been hesitant around her. It annoyed him to the core that the rockstar who could listen to a day full of I Love You' from his fans were confused about one from his own wife. Was it because this one was different? Was it somewhat special?  

Abhi shook of the weird thought from his wandering mind and peeked in. His Fuggy was there alright, brushing her thick curls of ebony hair. He couldn't help but remember their second night of their marriage when he caught her dupattaless' and how she quickly draped her neck that night. Today too she was wearing the same suit but she had her dupatta on. Abhi stood there like an idiot watching his wife brush her hair for minutes, but then he found it strange that Fuggy was taking this much time. Taking his gaze of the movement of her hand, he looked up at her face: she was looking at her image alright but her mind was somewhere else, somewhere dark and miserable. Abhi felt the sick feeling in his stomach grow and then he felt another sting, a much more painful sting inside his chest when he noticed that she hadn't put kumkum on her maang. He forgot all his hesitance and nervousness and walked in.

Pragya was still in her own world. She didn't seem to realize that her so called patidev was back from romancing with his girlfriend. She kept on brushing her hair, her mind lost in her dead sea of thoughts.

"Eyy Fuggy!!"

The arrogance in his tone brought her back to the inevitable reality.

"Aapko kuch chaahiye? (Do you need something?)" She asked with a poker face. The poker face was back, hiding all kinds of emotions she ever had. That was Pragya Arora's greatest weapon, a face that said she didn't care, she wasn't scared, she wouldn't back down, everything is going to be fine, but Pragya Mehra's poker face only said that she was alright and she wasn't hurt.

"Haan, tumse freedom. (Yes, freedom from you.)" Abhi joked. Nok jhok was the only thing he knew would make Pragya smile or give that if looks could kill' glare.

"Sure..." Pragya whispered and taking her duvet and pillow, walked over to the balcony door.

"Fuggy, main mazaak kar raha tha. (Fuggy, I was just joking.)" Abhi laughed but to his astonishment, Pragya ignored him and went out.

She seems pissed and probably because of me. I should leave her alone for now.' Abhi thought and lied down on the bed himself.

It was two o' clock now and Abhisekh Prem Mehra was having a hard time getting some sleep. He tossed and turned all night long but he couldn't get even a blink of sleep. He wondered why, why he was having such a weird feeling, why he didn't feel any peace of mind with his favourite pillow in hand. He wondered what he was craving for so badly.

On the other hand, Pragya cried herself to sleep, shivering and teeth chattering. Summer nights in Mumbai were pretty cold and it rained that evening to top it all. But the external coldness was nothing compared to the ice cold corner in her chest where she buried her indestructible and indescribable feeling for the man who even though being hers, never belonged to her.

The next morning Abhi woke up to the annoying beeping of the alarm. Today his Fuggy didn't wake him up. He was about to call fuggy for his special coffee when he found it on the side table. What the hell is going on here? He thought to himself as he made his way to the bathroom.

When he came out of the bathroom after half an hour, the bed was made; his breakfast was kept covered on the bed; the scent of the agarbhatti (incense stick) had diffused all over the room; the bakthi (thread) had been changed and the diya (lamp) was lit, she had done her morning pooja; his towels and water bottle were kept on the table for his workout sessions and his rock music was being played. Abhi smiled to himself as he walked over to lift his dumbbell. How could I forget that today Fuggy is going to be really busy? There's a party today!

Pragya busied herself in all the chores and preparations not taking a second's rest fearing that she may start thinking about him' again. Every time she did thought, she was reminded of the times he ditched her and flaunted Tanu around. Obviously he will choose his supermodel girlfriend over his daadi's behenji bahu. Jaise usne kaha tha, Tanu gulaab ki phool hai aur main gopi ki. (Like he said, if Tanu is rose then I am cauliflower) Pragya thought bitterly as she baked cookies for her laadla batheeja (darling nephew).

"Chaachi, aap kya soch rahi ho? (Auntie, what are you thinking?)" Bunty asked. He was playing with car his rockstar chaachu had gifted him on his birthday. It was the same car which proved her innocence in the MMS scandal.

"Kuch nahi hai bachche, main sirf yeh soch rahi thi ki meri raajkumar ko main aaj cookies ke saath saath pakode banaao ya samose? (Nothing my child, I was just thinking what should I make for my prince along with cookies, pakoda or samosa?)" Pragya smiled.

"Both! Please chaachi, make both of them!!" Bunty smiled his charming smile.

"Okay... Mere rajkumar keliye main dhonom banaaongi!" Pragya laughed while Bunty flew kisses at her and jumped around singing, My chaachi is the best!'

Edited by Shiva4201 - 8 years ago
vlhs12993 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Wonderful update 😃
Beautifully written 👏
Waiting for the next chapter
ShivaliShaji thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vlhs12993

Wonderful update 😃
Beautifully written 👏
Waiting for the next chapter

Thanks a million. Will update soon!
--simmi-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Aww feel horrible for Pragya! This line -  But the external coldness was nothing compared to the ice cold corner in her chest where she buried her indestructible and indescribable feeling for the man who even though being hers, never belonged to her. 👏 Loved it!
nilmi thumbnail
Awesome update...poor Pragya...