Decoding Shraddha's feelings for Sher

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

Hello all!

Not sure if you guys still remember me😆 as I was missing for a few days & will be missing for the next week as well due to my holiday. EXAMS are over, YAY! But before I go, I wanted to discuss something that the last episode has made me curious/confused/wonder about. 

We have often looked at Sher's POV, thought about his character, his motivations, his feelings, but there's been little discussion as to how Shraddha views this situation. Yes, she made it clear to Virat that she is living for her family. She also made it clear to Sher that she will remain loyal to him & will respect this bond with utmost sincerity. That is the status quo of their relationship. But where does Shraddha & her heart stand in all this? What is her relationship with Sher beyond the 'named' relationship society has given them as husband/wife?

Flashback to their first meeting - we saw a smiley, open Shraddha who shook hands with Sher & walked off happily, leaving him awestruck. Then in the second meeting, with the very mention that Sher is BD's son, we saw a slightly hesitant but yet playful Shraddha. Playful in the way she looked at Sher & understood that he was flirting with her. More than attraction, Sher seemed to have left an impact on her, as she turned around to have a last look at him before she left, while Sher looked on playfully😳
Then the next we saw was her refusal. Even after her refusal, she turned back slightly to look at Sher as they both walked away, then we saw her acceptance & attempts to convince him & marriage happened finally. Things happened too quickly but if you look at it, more than Sher, it was Shraddha who adapted to things very quickly. On the first day, she was slightly timid, shocked upon seeing guns, liquor, money, & heartbroken as the gates were closed on her. But she did not sit & lament, or hate on Sher, or bear any resentment. She got up quickly, & got on with life. Initially, she appeared numb. But when it came to Sher, I realised, she was always affected (how she would turn to look at him). After marriage, she found comfort when he returned the sari to her. The next scene when Sher made her apply lep, they were 'speaking' with their eyes. Even though he was taunting her, their eyelocks made it obvious that she knew he didn't mean it. When Sunehri applied lep (is that how you spell it😆) Shraddha looked disgusted, and even walked away. What was she disgusted about? Disgusted that she married such a man? Or disgusted as to the environment she was in? Or was she hurt by his taunts about her & BD planning this whole marriage thing out? That very night, Sher got drunk & even though Shraddha removed his hand that he held out, she looked on, at him very sadly, very painfully. It was then that I realised she was touched by his love. It wasn't the first time she was touched, even though it was probably the first time, she understood & acknowledged the depth of his feelings. She had always been touched by his love & her marriage to him wasn't just something she did out of fear for her family. Somewhere, she did it out of trust for the man who loved her. She herself acknowledged that he could have forced her, but he didn't. Yes, something definitely broke inside her when the marriage happened, but what broke wasn't her heart (that didn't love this man), but rather her identity as Shraddha. Now she sees herself as his wife, she is bonded to him for life. She is no longer just Shraddha. 

Then things took a turn & she saw the ugly side of Sher. But strangely, that ugly side worked reversely for them. Because after that, she began to understand Sher Singh. She saw his rough exterior, but she did not forget the genuineness of his feelings for her, as we see in the flashbacks when she looks at his sunglasses. She is not in love with him. Not yet. I don't think she is attracted either.  She doesn't think beyond Sher as to whether he is the best option for her or not, like when Virat tried to explain to her that she isn't happy in this marriage & she told him that she is fine the way she is. Because she is fine. Somewhere, she has finally acknowledged (thanks to Sher) that she has come so far with him that there is no turning back. Whether they fall in love or not, it has to be him. And she wants to make this marriage work, because she believes in destiny & somewhere she has come to believe in him.

Honestly, I have no idea if I made sense because I just typed this out as the words came to my mind. But I would love to read all of your opinions on Shraddha's feelings. 

Cheers,
Samridhi
Edited by prc_fan1 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CatcherInTheRye thumbnail
Well as per Shradha's character...what i come to know or what i could understand is that Shradha who was a very lively girl suddenly met with a guy and whole her life took a U-turn. Though guy's intentions were never to harm her but circumstances evolved in such a way that she could not even understand what all happened. As din't watch recent episodes so can't make any guesses what she felt about sunheri or Sher, disgusted or jealous.But on the basis of few episodes what i watched or noticed is that somewhere Shradha has got attached to Sher. Got a bit confused by last episode where she tells that whenever she thinks she knows Sher; one more face of him comes infront of her, she is not able to understand him and even he doesn't trusts her.She thought that by letting him know all the reality their relation will start with truth but all that turned against her. There i felt that yeah she is doing all this as her responsibility now, she is wife to Sher so she thinks that following his orders and keeping him happy and fulfillinf all hr duties is her life. But then she sits in the car and looks at the aviators and then goes into flashbacks, there i felt that this Shradha is not under pressure of responsibilities but she loves to be with Sher and she loves to do his stuff. Can't say that she loves Sher, but yeah somewhere she herself is not sure about her feelings and a sudden turn in her life.Still she is confused and trying to get with it. She cares for him,though she says that its her responsibility and she will do it with all her heart, but don't know my heart says something else.Might be i wanna think like that, its my own imagination for their relation. But yeah for me Shradha is sad that all her dreams remained unfulfilled ,she wanted to do more but could not. And now when she is trying to accept what destiny gave her, then Sher is not letting her do by his distrust over her. Ohk even m confused🤣
Anyways, missed u Sam and gonna miss u again😳

Love,
Babbar Sher😎
Edited by BabbaR_SheR - 9 years ago
WinniethePooh. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hello Samridhi. I missed reading your posts for the past few days. Sad that you are going to be away again. 

I am glad you made this post because I was confused about Shraddha's feelings, especially that whole bit when she thought about him. 

OK finally found the time to edit and comment. I like the way you put Shraddha's feelings across. It definitely made it easier for me to understand her because to be honest I dont quite understand her feelings. I can understand Sher even though he's the more complicated character. But Shraddha's feelings seem very ambiguous to me..especially the bit when she was looking at his aviator. She was touched by his love initially. I agree on that. She does recognise that he is not a bad man. I agree. But the way Shraddha has suddenly become more open towards him.. i don't quite understand. I am happy that finally they can have more light moments but to me it makes more sense from Sher's POV because her revelation hit him hard. But I wonder what is it about her revealing that to him that has changed things for her? Is it like you said her acknowledgement that no matter what it is Sher for her now? Or is it more like a wake up call she got making her realise that Sher might love her, might be a nice guy but he has these inner demons which can only be tackled if she learns to deal with the situation? And so she is dealing with it by being the girl he loved? The one who smiled and wasn't scared? Remember the constant remarks he made when he was questioning her about Virat..there seemed to be a lot of emphasis placed on the fact that he can read the expressions of the girl he fell in love with..that little comment came back in a very indirect way the next morning and even the scene when Sher warned Virat. As of now, I am not sure really which of these it is when it comes to her feelings. I'd like to believe its the former as you said😳

The show is going great. But we need some monologues and solo scenes for Sher and Shraddha for us to really understand what they are feeling. And like you said everything happened so fast that all the more this is needed. 

Great post.😃
Enjoy your holidays. Please visit the forum once in a while if you get the time. I am so used to reading your thoughts. 
Edited by EBPfan - 9 years ago
WinniethePooh. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Edited. See above😊
Where are you going for hols by the way?
Edited by EBPfan - 9 years ago
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail

Originally posted by: BabbaR_SheR

Well as per Shradha's character...what i come to know or what i could understand is that Shradha who was a very lively girl suddenly met with a guy and whole her life took a U-turn. Though guy's intentions were never to harm her but circumstances evolved in such a way that she could not even understand what all happened. As din't watch recent episodes so can't make any guesses what she felt about sunheri or Sher, disgusted or jealous.But on the basis of few episodes what i watched or noticed is that somewhere Shradha has got attached to Sher. Got a bit confused by last episode where she tells that whenever she thinks she knows Sher; one more face of him comes infront of her, she is not able to understand him and even he doesn't trusts her.She thought that by letting him know all the reality their relation will start with truth but all that turned against her. There i felt that yeah she is doing all this as her responsibility now, she is wife to Sher so she thinks that following his orders and keeping him happy and fulfillinf all hr duties is her life. But then she sits in the car and looks at the aviators and then goes into flashbacks, there i felt that this Shradha is not under pressure of responsibilities but she loves to be with Sher and she loves to do his stuff. Can't say that she loves Sher, but yeah somewhere she herself is not sure about her feelings and a sudden turn in her life.Still she is confused and trying to get with it. She cares for him,though she says that its her responsibility and she will do it with all her heart, but don't know my heart says something else.Might be i wanna think like that, its my own imagination for their relation. But yeah for me Shradha is sad that all her dreams remained unfulfilled ,she wanted to do more but could not. And now when she is trying to accept what destiny gave her, then Sher is not letting her do by his distrust over her. Ohk even m confused🤣

Anyways, missed u Sam and gonna miss u again😳

Love,
Babbar Sher😎

HahahahahA
Babbar sher you're too cute. 
But I get what you're staying. There is something that attaches Sher to Shraddha. Somewhere its because he is her husband, but there is something else also. Something unexplained & unsaid. I wont call her confused because its not like she has much choice. But like Sher, she too is trying to understand what their relationship is & what is it that is pulling them together. 
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail

@EBPfan
Hey :)
I will be travelling to Istanbul & few countries in Eastern Europe!
Coming to your post, I never thought about the possibility of Shraddha changing overnight to accomodate Sher's interests. Your question about the relevation & what it did for Shraddha is valid. But I think somewhere, it was a defining scene for Shraddha as well because of a few reasons -
1. Her voicing out that he matters. Somewhere the depth of it struck her as well. Not only Sher.
2. She read the expressions on Sher's face. That fear, that love & she was overwhelmed by it. Notice how she literally wrapped herself in the blanket. She feared that he would come embrace her or look at her in a certain way which she would not be able to reciprocate. Pretty much similar to what she told him. She won't be able to break his heart & neither would she able to leave him. 
3. And I think she felt light & at ease, having voiced it out. If you think about it, it was their first serious conversation post marriage where they were both sober. 

Monologues are very much needed! I have been wishing for it ever since I started watching the show. I hope the CVs are reading this.
Joja thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi Samridhi, i am new here and loved your post.
I am in lovewith the show. I initially started watching because of Babber sher but now I like Shraddha too.
Coming to shraddha's feeling for Sher,
1. She is from a simple family who believes in God. who things family is everything and maybe pati parmeshwara types.
2. Now that she is married to Sher, she wants this marriage to work. She wants the relation to grow.
3. She has realised Sher loves her a lot and he is a possesive guy.
4. She respects him and likes when he does not force on her. He could have done anything to her, who could have stopped him but he doesnt. points to Sher from shraddha here.
5. He went to her Dadi's anthim sanaskar. This made her more strong that she has to make this marriage work no matter work.
6. As you said Samridhi, i guess she did like him from the first time. If not BD's sone, she might have happily agreed for marriage. The only think which made her to run away from marraige is because he is BD's son.
So, even i feel she likes him if not love. but just the fact about his family and environment is hlding her back. but now, maybe Sher's love will make her come over her fear and start to lover him