Javed Akhtar's very obvious bias

r_tvfan thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

I think there have been multiple posts opened on this topic. But I just want to state some facts. In the first episode when the judges were asked who will be the Indian Idol, Javed Ji took Emon's name. If he claims that Emon can NEVER become a playback singer, why did he take his name? Let's rewind to the auditions. Udit did not want to take Emon, but Javed said Emon's voice is unique. Why did he say unique when now he finds him a Sonu clone?

There have been 10 galas. Most of the galas, Javed Ji's comment on Emon has been- "Yeh toh acha singer hai, ab kya kahein, .......". So he claims that he is a good singer till gala 8 and the piano rounds, but then in gala 9 realizes he can NEVER become a playback singer. And lastly, in gala 10, in the second song, he told Emon you were good, your voice sounded good, and I am ready to praise you as much as you want and today again he goes back to saying you resemble Sonu. Again he contradicted his statement. This is definitely not the sign of an intelligent and wise man. Wise men stick to their words. Javed Ji camouflages whenever he likes. First he said support singing when Deepali was going out, today he said performance and people call him intelligent??

Emon haters might say he said the right thing. But can these people let me know, why then did he always say he sings well? Why did he say Emon can become II in the first gala?Why did he choose Emon in the auditions?

Javed Akhtar is known for his intelligence but today he seemed like the biggest fool contradicting what he had said for 8 galas and the audition, theatre and piano rounds.

And I have to say I always mocked other shows for the yelling and screaming judges. But Javed Ji broke even Himesh's record of yelling at the top of his lungs. An intelligent man talks politely like he did when he discussed Deepali's issue. Today he was just yelling and said I don't want anyone to discuss this further. Why? Just because he is the eldest, is it necessary that people should agree with what he has to say.

During Deepali's elimination, Javed Ji expressed is point of view after Anu was done. Anu didn't tell him to shut up or not discuss it further. He let Javed Ji speak. Why then today could Anu not speak after Javed Ji had his turn?

I have no more respect left for Mr. Javed Ji after today. Yes he is the best lyricist in the country but alongwith that he is a biased human being just like most of us who has favourites and therefore, should leave the judges seat.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rinku6us thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
You are exactly right. This man should leave judges seat. By his rudeness and extreme biased nature he proved that he is not fit for judging. He must leave that seat. Edited by rinku6us - 16 years ago
Ishya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I agree with every word you wrote 👏 . It was definately weird to see such a respected man in the industry yell and scream...Everybody has an opinion, he got that right. But what Anu Malik wanted to say was also his opinion. I don't really see that as a behas..but I guess it was in Javed sahebs opinion. I rather think that he is stretching the matter too much, it not a women discrimination issue anymore.

I think it was a big slap in his face that Ankita got out. See what happens if you demoralize a person without any good reason. What did Emon ever do to him? I did not even realize that he was contradicting his previous opinion about Emon. Thanks for reminding!!

I don't hate Ankita, it was really nice to see her in the top 4. But as Javed saheb once said singing goes above performance! And it should always be like this. So the fact that Ankita got out, is not a matter of discrimination. And he should not eat our heads off with his meaningless BEHAS about this matter. Edited by Ishya - 16 years ago
quboolhai_1fan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i agree wid evryone here! 👏
krutiv100 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i agree with you... i felt so sad for emon when he said that emon will be nakamab in playback singing and preforming but atleast ankita will be kamab in preformance.. he should't have said that it it must have hurt emon a lot and made ankita feel bad also.
i really wanted to hear what anu malik had to say about it but javed akhtar didn't want to hear anyone say anything about his opnion!
i hope that he loses that biasness and now judges emon, prashant and amit without being biased......
kismix thumbnail

JAVED IS VERY BIASED!... iz not about girls he usually talks but no matter how bad Ankita sings..he always praises...

HOW DARE HE SAID ABOUT EMON'S CAREER?? Javed was nothing when he meet Honey Irani and married her for fame.

joshi23 thumbnail
All comments are fixed..

JA, AM, UN and AC have been doing these fake fights since many galas to increase ratings. Poor Emon is on the wrong side of the stick this time but I do thin he will reach the final top 2 alongwith the eventual winner (either Amit or Prashant). Sony Tv knows the trend in voting and this fight is only to generate controversey and more votes for Emon.
charmedangel thumbnail
I Know ... But Ignorin JA's bias comment..... think abt Emon u guyz??? How he must hav felt? Being a playback singer is a dream come true 4 him.... JA crushed his dream with his words today!!! 😭
ProdigalStudent thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I so agree with everything you've said. It does not make any sense, truly I've also lost all respect for javedji today and am gonna take his words with 10 grains of salt! What 10, 1000000 grains of salt!

It seems Javed Akhtar is supporting Ankita solely for gender bias. As someone said to imply a gender bias on the basis of individual preferences is, in my opinion, a bit of a stretch. I mean if I like reading books written by women, more than books written by male, does that mean gender bias? Or if I prefer the color red to white, does that mean I'm color biased? Its stupid, really, we all have our own preferances. And I'm sure most of us voted for Emon/Amit/Prashant more than for Ankita because we liked them, not because we thought "Ok Emon is a guy, that means a vote for him." I don't think any of us solely voted for a contestant just coz he's a guy. And it makes me question his credibility as a judge. Suppose imagine if the top 4 were deepali, puja, ankita and emon? Would he still be championing for ankita to stay in the competition? Or would it be emon? 
Edited by meteora_smt - 16 years ago
kismix thumbnail

Originally posted by: r_tvfan

I think there have been multiple posts opened on this topic. But I just want to state some facts. In the first episode when the judges were asked who will be the Indian Idol, Javed Ji took Emon's name. If he claims that Emon can NEVER become a playback singer, why did he take his name? Let's rewind to the auditions. Udit did not want to take Emon, but Javed said Emon's voice is unique. Why did he say unique when now he finds him a Sonu clone?

There have been 10 galas. Most of the galas, Javed Ji's comment on Emon has been- "Yeh toh acha singer hai, ab kya kahein, .......". So he claims that he is a good singer till gala 8 and the piano rounds, but then in gala 9 realizes he can NEVER become a playback singer. And lastly, in gala 10, in the second song, he told Emon you were good, your voice sounded good, and I am ready to praise you as much as you want and today again he goes back to saying you resemble Sonu. Again he contradicted his statement. This is definitely not the sign of an intelligent and wise man. Wise men stick to their words. Javed Ji camouflages whenever he likes. First he said support singing when Deepali was going out, today he said performance and people call him intelligent??

Emon haters might say he said the right thing. But can these people let me know, why then did he always say he sings well? Why did he say Emon can become II in the first gala?Why did he choose Emon in the auditions?

Javed Akhtar is known for his intelligence but today he seemed like the biggest fool contradicting what he had said for 8 galas and the audition, theatre and piano rounds.

And I have to say I always mocked other shows for the yelling and screaming judges. But Javed Ji broke even Himesh's record of yelling at the top of his lungs. An intelligent man talks politely like he did when he discussed Deepali's issue. Today he was just yelling and said I don't want anyone to discuss this further. Why? Just because he is the eldest, is it necessary that people should agree with what he has to say.

During Deepali's elimination, Javed Ji expressed is point of view after Anu was done. Anu didn't tell him to shut up or not discuss it further. He let Javed Ji speak. Why then today could Anu not speak after Javed Ji had his turn?

I have no more respect left for Mr. Javed Ji after today. Yes he is the best lyricist in the country but alongwith that he is a biased human being just like most of us who has favourites and therefore, should leave the judges seat.

JAVED take a CHILL PILL!  kya gandagi machai is episode mein? Yelling drama all for Ankita's love???