Users

Frequent Posters

-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: firsttimehere

Rithu , How are you ? Nice update yar ๐Ÿ˜Š

I liked the following aspects a lot about this update : 

1. Paro's insecurities. - This is pretty natural given the circumstances and how different Paro and Rudra are . I am eager to know how you take this forward. I really want Rudra to reassure her and at the same time may be paro is gonna take some step towards education in addition to her NGO work. ๐Ÿ˜Š

2.  Family Dynamics - I say this almost for every chapter of yours ; You bring out family dynamics really really well ๐Ÿ˜Š I can just visualize entire Ranavat family sitting in the aangan communicating with each other how a normal Joint family would do while am reading your chapters ๐Ÿ˜Š

I really hope the hoarse voice at the end is Rudra and not someone else ๐Ÿ˜›

I'm fine. How are you?
Thank you.

Parud are actually from very different worlds even though their soulmate connection helps them transcend everything. But reality does interude. Paro will find a way to make things work with Rudra's support.

The Ranavats are fun. What more can I say๐Ÿ˜‰
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: deepsel

That was a sweet update..whole family planning for my Tractor dilwala Sumer's marriage๐Ÿ˜ณ..That cute lap arm embraceโ˜บ๏ธ, DILs & MIL enjoyous moment, Sumer's cracker jokes and finally Paro's jealous thoughts crowned the chapter...Very warm and nice to read dear..

So am hoping in some way you are going to make Paro educated!!?..way to go..and unless you are planning something very drastic I believe thats Rudra behind Paro...

And Sumer's "Looks like your wife didn't enjoy HM" made me LOLed...This guy surely knows how to push Rudra's button..๐Ÿ˜†

A doubt: Is the chapter unusually small or I felt it that way?! ๐Ÿ˜•

Good going Rithu

I knew you would be excited with this update. I wanted to ask, do you like Shatabdi? I hope you approve of her for your tractorwala dil.

I do have plans for Paro's future. You'll come to know soon.

Sumer always has to goad Rudra. His lucky day, he didn't get a stronger response.

It is shorter than the previous one. I had a busy week. So lack of time. I will try and post the next part sooner to make up for this.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cutemithra

Nice chapter rithu. Lovely family moments.
Loved the way how the General said that Rudra may not be perfect but he s wat Paro needs.

Paro feeling inferior now. Poor Rudra. Just now he has started socializing with people. Like making sunehri feel better and giving advice for Sumer. And he has inadvertently made Paro restless. Are you planning tomake Paro continue her education or something like that..? If yes am looking forward for that. But before that Paro should be made to feel better and assured that Rudra needs only her and this is the Paro he fell for.

Btw, wat s wrong with Sumer. Why s he on suicidal mode..? Pulling Rudra's legs..?

Thank you.

@bold - That's what I liked about RR from the beginning. Two imperfect souls in a perfect union.

Paro needs reassurance from her husband. Like you pointed out, he got the strength to rebuild his relationships because of her. He needs to become her strength now.

Sumer won't be Sumer if he behaves properly with Rudra.
KhushiParo thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Huh! Chapter finished?๐Ÿ˜•  Am I the only one feeling like this or as usual I'm craving more of Parud๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜† 
Nice, smooth and family filled update. The lines general used for Paro Rudra is so apt. They are made for each other. It's nice to see how well you incorporated serial scenes in your story about Shatabdi coming for pickles. ๐Ÿ˜† 
Sumer joking on Rudra but still alive๐Ÿ˜† it's not his luck but it's becuase of Rudra  bannasa changed a lot  because of his pari.๐Ÿ˜ณ Small gestures makes lot of difference.
What's on your mind next Rithu? Both updates talking about Paro's education so I'm guessing that's what you'll handle next.  What about Mala? The Parud life is so smooth right now but I know you writers๐Ÿ˜• making us calm to bring a big storm๐Ÿ˜ก  ๐Ÿ˜†

Thanks for the Tumbler link.  Is it a gift for me ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I'll think so and will be happy till you break my bubble๐Ÿ˜† Both stories are good and heart warming. 
Pregnant ... Felt sad for the girl but this is happening in reality too.. it is heart wrenching  when I read these kind of news. Glad father and doctors decided to help and at last convinced her.  Doesn't matter young or matured for a girl maternal instincts are natural isn't it?
Daughter of mine... Cute and inspiring story.  Absolutely agree with Priya she can't have any one else as mother better than Sheena. All is well when it ends well. 
Can I have some humor filled stories? ๐Ÿ˜ณ I know you can do it as noticing a lot of humor in Sumer's dialogues and Mohini's. 

Sorry I couldn't answer for your question before...
The song was picturised on Sanaya and Barun in the serial Iss Pyar ko.๐Ÿ˜ณ  

PS: I know skipped commenting one chapter๐Ÿ˜” but I did read and liked it. It's just my kid's spring break made my days more busier than before.  Hopefully I'll be regular now  if not I want you to know I always liked your writing style and will wait for your next updates๐Ÿ˜Š

Edited by KhushiParo - 9 years ago
silvercloud1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hi Rithu,
Nice update.   Thanks for the blog link. Surely will read ur stories when I am free
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: KhushiParo

Huh! Chapter finished?๐Ÿ˜•  Am I the only one feeling like this or as usual I'm craving more of Parud๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜† 

Nice, smooth and family filled update. The lines general used for Paro Rudra is so apt. They are made for each other. It's nice to see how well you incorporated serial scenes in your story about Shatabdi coming for pickles. ๐Ÿ˜† 
Sumer joking on Rudra but still alive๐Ÿ˜† it's not his luck but it's becuase of Rudra  bannasa changed a lot  because of his pari.๐Ÿ˜ณ Small gestures makes lot of difference.
What's on your mind next Rithu? Both updates talking about Paro's education so I'm guessing that's what you'll handle next.  What about Mala? The Parud life is so smooth right now but I know you writers๐Ÿ˜• making us calm to bring a big storm๐Ÿ˜ก  ๐Ÿ˜†

Thanks for the Tumbler link.  Is it a gift for me ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I'll think so and will be happy till you break my bubble๐Ÿ˜† Both stories are good and heart warming. 
Pregnant ... Felt sad for the girl but this is happening in reality too.. it is heart wrenching  when I read these kind of news. Glad father and doctors decided to help and at last convinced her.  Doesn't matter young or matured for a girl maternal instincts are natural isn't it?
Daughter of mine... Cute and inspiring story.  Absolutely agree with Priya she can't have any one else as mother better than Sheena. All is well when it ends well. 
Can I have some humor filled stories? ๐Ÿ˜ณ I know you can do it as noticing a lot of humor in Sumer's dialogues and Mohini's. 

Sorry I couldn't answer for your question before...
The song was picturised on Sanaya and Barun in the serial Iss Pyar ko.๐Ÿ˜ณ  

PS: I know skipped commenting one chapter๐Ÿ˜” but I did read and liked it. It's just my kid's spring break made my days more busier than before.  Hopefully I'll be regular now  if not I want you to know I always liked your writing style and will wait for your next updates๐Ÿ˜Š

Sorry dear, posted it in a hurry. I wrote another OS, Under the cover of the night in between with lots of Parud.  I'll be posting the next chapter this weekend. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you. Parud were never perfect by themselves, perfection was in their union. Somehow the idea of Shatabdi and pickles can't stay out of my head.๐Ÿ˜ณ

Sumer took a big risk inspite of the softer version. He is plain lucky.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Paro's concerns will be addressed next chapter. Missing Mala?๐Ÿ˜ฒ I'll write about her just for you

It's a gift for all the people who like my writing and want to read more of it.

Yeah. Its a hard life for a pregnant teenager. But it needn't be with the right support system. Priya is blessed indeed. Thank you so much for reading and reviewing. It means a lot. As for the humour filled stories, I'll definitely give it a try.

Really, I should see if I can find the Youtube link for the song with Sanaya.

That's okay. I hope you had fun having more of him around during his break. 

-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: silvercloud1980

Hi Rithu,
Nice update.   Thanks for the blog link. Surely will read ur stories when I am free

Thank you. ๐Ÿ˜Š
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
CHAPTER 21

"Jallad!" she scolded before settling into his arms. He tightened his grip around her waist and asked if she was scared. She shook her head. He bit her ear and she winced. "That hurts," she complained rubbing her now red ears. "Good, that's your punishment," he told her sternly. She turned in his arms and placed her hands on his chest. She wondered what she did. "What was the hurry for you to change for the night? I had made nice plans for you and your saree tonight," he said running his hands through her dark tresses. Now it made sense to her how she disappointed him. She had traded the 'stunning' saree for the 'simple' ghagra. That is why he seemed upset. Rudra felt his wife stiffen in his arms. He sighed as he let her go. All he wanted was to spend the night in Paro's arms before he leaves the next morning. First his cousins delayed him for no good reason and now his wife was lost in her own thoughts. Then he tried to connect the dots. He pulled her towards him, "Did Samrat say something?" She shook her head. "He said he needed to talk about something but Shanti dragged him away. I don't know why but I have a feeling it is not good news," he admitted. She thought for a second, Jeeja never said anything. Maybe everything was fine and Rudra was being unnecessarily suspicious. "What's bothering you, Paro? You're not talking properly to me," he complained. She bit her lip as she wondered if her concerns were too silly.

Rudra's glance then fell on a large parcel kept along the wall. He jumped to his feet like a little child. He tore open the packaging. "This will cheer you up. Remember the portrait I made of you in Kashmir. I got it framed as soon as we got back. Do you like it? I want it to hang right over our bed," he rushed to get the tools. She looked at the canvas. He was very good with the brush. She saw that he had captured coyness in her eyes and the blush on her cheeks perfectly. Kashmir Ki kali, that's what he had called her that day. Her eyes then fell lower at the soft pink anarkali salwar. Her hand traced the petals of the roses embroidered on it. He had picked this dress for her specifically because of that. Her love for Roses. She stepped back as he returned. He quickly fixed a nail and raised it up. He looked at it lovingly and said, "My Perfect Paro, will remain here with me forever." She quickly wiped away the tear, that wasn't her. She looked like a better version of herself. Someone smarter and more stylish than her.

Rudra saw her crestfallen face as soon as he got off the bed. He held her gently and asked again softly, "Come on now, tell me." She looked at his concerned eyes and said, "I'm sorry I'm simple. I'll go back to school and become smarter. And I'll pay more attention to my dressing too." Rudra was baffled. He didn't understand why she was suddenly feeling so bad about herself. "Paro, did someone say anything? Kakisa or Sumer?" he enquired ready to hunt down the villain responsible for her sullen mood. She shook her head, "Nobody said anything. But when you were talking about Shatabdi earlier, I could make out how much you admired her." He burst out laughing, "You think I admire her. And now you want to become like her copy." She glared at him, "Your eyes never lie, Rudra. I can always tell what you are thinking." He looked deep into her eyes and realised she was jealous. He also saw that this was motivating herself to pick up her books again. "Do you really think if you start studying again, you will become like her?" he asked seriously. She looked at her portrait, "The only difference between that girl and Shatabdi is that she call speak good English." Rudra stared at her resolute face. "If I have to sit and read horrid books for that, I'll do it," she continued. He kissed her forehead, "My Bewakoof ladki, why do you want yo to trouble yourself with horrid books. They can't teach you what you already know. See your Mamisa and Maasi have done a great job in teaching you skills to lead a good life. Unless you want certificates, there is not much use for you to go to school. Watch the news, talk to people, read magazines, these will help you gain all the knowledge you want. You don't have to deal with books if you don't want to. You have had enough struggles so far. I just want you..." He stopped when he heard a knock on their door. "That's probably Samrat. He wanted to talk about something important. Don't wait up for me, Paro. It's already late," he explained and kissed her gently. He wanted to deepen the kiss but there was another knock. He sighed and left. Paro almost grabbed him back when she remembered that he will be leaving the next day. "Rudra! Are you up?" called out Danveer Ranavat. She sighed. It must be important indeed.

Rudra was suprised to see his uncle on the other side of the door. He was even more surprised when he was asked to come along to the terrace. "What's going on Kakosa? First Samrat tells me he needs to talk now you?" he asked starting to worry. Danveer looked at the eager face of his nephew. He had just begun to trust him again, trust in family again. Would he understand? "Banna, before I tell you anything you must try and remember that it was a difficult situation where I did the best I could," he admitted. The warning bells started to sound in his mind. Rudra knew he wouldn't like his uncle's news. "Get to the point, Kakosa. I don't enjoy riddles," he told him sternly. "You probably know that Tejawat had claimed that his wife was innocent and she was to be released," he started. One look told him that Paro's Rudra would turn into the Jallad before this conversation was over. "There was a lot of gossip in the office about her fate. Where she will live? Whom she could turn to? I went to Singh Sir that day and informed him that she and your Kakisa grew up together," he stopped seeing the rage erupt from his nephew's eyes. "You told him everything about our family?" Rudra roared. His uncle covered and shook his head as he stuttered, "No, Kuwarsa, I just said that they are from the same village. Whether or not he be told about her relationship to this family is upto you." Rudra walked to the edge of the terrace and held the rails. It was a abominable to even to think of her as family. How could his uncle even utter those words? "Constable Danveer Ranavat, you have more to say?" he asked instantly erecting a wall between them. Danveer stood straight and proceeded with his tale. He knew that in the place of his nephew stood the BSD Major who was personally involved in the case. He recounted how he made arrangements for Mala Tejawat, what they spoke off when they met. He observed how the tense hands on the railing slowly relaxed.

Rudra looked on at a far off distance and then turned to face his uncle. "So she really knew about the entire operation. Only thing they both probably didn't know was what happens to the brides. Why are you telling me this? If you have General Singh's approval for this, you should report this to him," he casually asked. Danveer didn't expect this question. Wasn't he even a bit concerned about her. After all she was a good mother the first few years of his life. "I was asked to wait for Aman Sir to return, since he is handling the case. It's okay if her shenanigans bother you, I don't like it either," he stopped when he heard the small laugh. "I withdrew from the case because I married the principal witness. Besides the trial part of the case isn't appealing. I should go find Samrat," he walked towards the door.

"They wanted to tell you about the same thing. They want me to stop. But I couldn't. They felt if you as a Major might be able to make me," his uncle clarified. Rudra was surprised, "They? Samrat and...Sumer?" he guessed. He wasn't surprised that Sumer was involved. His cousin had been very useful in capturing Tejawat. His uncanny knack for being at the wrong place at the right time making him a good informant. He didn't want to be named or a reward. All he wanted was for Mala to be kept away from the family. Samrat's involvement was unexpected. He was the quieter brother. "How did they find out?" he asked. Danveer replied that Samrat had spotted him buying sarees for their prisoner and pawning her jewels. He must have told Sumer. They both had confronted him. Since he didn't heed their warnings, they must have decided to tell him. So that as a BSD officer he will order him to back off. "Would you have backed off?" Rudra asked asked knowing well that he couldn't override the general's orders. His uncle shook his head, "Samrat and Sumer don't understand. I thought you might." Rudra raised an eyebrow at him in question. Danveer continued, "I'm her Jethjisa, I have to make sure she is fine. I owe it to your Nanosa. So even though she hurt this family, her father was always there for me until his death. Surely you feel some responsibility towards her?" Rudra looked at swing on the terrace where he used to come up on full moon nights. She used to sing to him as he slowly fell asleep. "I have forgotten what she did. Because of the good times we shared together, I am trying to bring those girls home. Because of everything else I never want to see her face again," he said as he walked downstairs. "Rudra, one minute," his uncle stopped him just outside his room. He was annoyed now. He just wanted to get back to his wife not talk about that woman. "Bhaisa and Mohini don't know about me meeting her. I can't see the disappointment in their eyes. Please don't say anything to either of them," his uncle pleaded. Rudra nodded and stepped into his safe haven, his world. Where nobody but Paro had a place. His Sleeping beauty.

The next morning, Paro was woken up by Maithili. "Paro, it's your first day. Are you planning on being late? You have to go all the way to Jaipur" her sister scolded. She looked around for her husband but he wasn't there. She saw a note placed under the vase with fresh roses.

Paro,
There is something I have to take care of.
-Rudra

She didn't understand what was going on. First Samrat baisa wanting to talk. Then Kakosa's late night visit. Now this. She knew in her heart that something was wrong. "Today my little sister will wear what I pick for her," Maithili said looking through the wardrobe and choosing a green bandini saree. "Rudra baisa won't mind will he?" she asked thinking of how possessive he was. Paro shook her head and took the saree. "Jeeja, do you know where he is?" she asked. She wanted to see him before she left for work. Her sister replied that she hadn't but not to worry some BSD related work must be keeping him away. "Maithili, are you going to perform the Aarthi after the sun has reached its peak?" Mohini said as she entered the room. Maithili rushed out immediately. Mohini turned to the other young woman, "I packed lunch for you and Sumer. Now get ready soon." Paro was surprised, "You made lunch for me too?" Mohini just tugged her pallu, "Don't get used to it. I was doing it for Sumer anyway." Paro just nodded. "Wait, when he drops you off, don't let him meet your friend," came the next instruction. Mohini wanted to be the one to meet the bride and her family first. Not like how Rudra courted Paro. There was a protocol for all this. She didn't want her son to be a love struck fool like her nephew. "Don't worry Kakisa, I'll make sure he is dropped first. And I'll get up earlier from tomorrow and help out Jeeja," Paro assured her mother-in-law. She didn't want to ignore her chores. Her phone beeped. She rushed hoping it was Rudra. Can't wait to see you, said the message from her aunt. She remembered her words about how busy BSD men are and that they may not be able to be a part of a lot of occasions. She shook her head and headed to the bathroom.

Paro was happy to get back to work but she worried about her husband. What was taking him so long? What if he leaves on his mission without even meeting her? She wouldn't see him for days. "Don't be selfish, Paro. You know his work is important," she told herself. She saw Shatabdi and went over to talk. Her friend gave her a warm hug. "I'm so glad to see you again. I thought Rudra will never leave you out of his sight," she teased. But Paro wanted to talk about her visit to their home. Shatabdi shook her head, "I want to hear about your trip, first." Paro frowned as she realised her friend was trying to changed the subject. This was not a happy morning at all. "It was fine", she replied and suggested they get back to work. An hour later, she leapt to her feet dropping the garment she was working on. The other women turned around to see Major Rudra Pratap Ranavat strut into their place with a bag in his hand. They all expected him to meet his wife but everyone was shocked to see him walk towards Shatabdi Sisodia instead. I just want you... his words from last night reverberated in her heart. What did he want from her?

In the shadows of the NGO office, stood a very confused man. He had assumed the Major was a devoted husband who was enamoured with his wife. The local gossip had certainly made him a sound so. A handsome and brave soldier rescues a delicate maiden. They fall in love and later wed. But it seemed like he had now a soft corner for another. This might make things easier. After all she didn't have guards.

Edited by -Suganthi- - 9 years ago
custodian75 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Yeah!  I am the first to comment. 
Lovely update. Paro is jealous of shatabdi. She is even ready to study further in order to be a perfect wife for him, though she is not too fond of it. Though Rudr would like her to study further, he does not want her to do it under pressure. He is happy with who she is. 

Kakosa, tells Rudr about his mother, but somehow his reaction is not what I thought it to be. He seemed so cool about it. Something is going on his brain that he is not letting out. 

Paro is worried about not seeing rudr before going to work. But seeing hm at her work place and that too headed toward shatabdi is going to prick her. 
thakurpreeti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hii Rithu,
Lovely update, lovely part paro wants to study n became a perfect wife for Rudra, overall nice, but y he didn't next meet Paro??