"Moralistic Middle-class"

Cat. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago
Something interesting in the Noyonika-Nandini encounter was the wording of Noyonika's dialogue
"Moralistic Middle-class" with a condescending tone to it. But its the two words clubbed together with Noyonika's background in retrospect makes you wonder about the violent hate for Nandini. Yes on one hand , her unhealthy obsession with her son is the key factor but I also felt the underlying conscience of a  lost " moralistic middle-class" girl.

I am intrigued and interested by Noyonika. She is deliciously manipulative and downright evil but also unnaturally obsessed with her son. 

How did Noyonika from the suburbs become this dysfunctional unit of motherhood?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MKrayZee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Nyonika is a very interesting character. She doesn't have any love lost or  liking for the middle class/working class perhaps because of her lifestyle and what she did to climb up the ladder. Nandini probably reminds her of all the judgemental people she may have encountered in her past, not to say that that is how Nandini is. 
lovemyself thumbnail
What i feel abt. nyo is once even she was just a middle class girl and just tto become rich married a rich old man and now her son is the key for the treasure so she is obsessed. She gets scared of nandu as she seeing herself her fortunes being endangered by nandu and also the way her son is changing because of the same girl she feeling her ground shaking. She is feeling she is loosing her battle.
Abt obsession i can say or i hv experienced my self the single mothers will always be obsessed with their sons (if only ine son their obsession will be more)
Its like they can treat their sons the way they want but will never allow esp. Any other females to come near them.
Sayali_23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
well as thy say nobody in born evil... they become one as they grow with the influence of their surroundings...
so it could be tht at one time of life Nyo too was a normal moralistic person and life taught her some tuff lessons that has changed her to what she is today...

so looking at Nandini she might be seeing that long lost some part of herself...
Cat. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Its kind of interesting that she throws so much scorn on " moralistic", seems like a defense mechanism or an out for her to explain a " lack of morals" and indeed seems like a once " moralistic middle-class" girl got sucked in by the greed and ambition of the world.
lovemyself thumbnail

Originally posted by: AnomanderRake

Its kind of interesting that she throws so much scorn on " moralistic", seems like a defense mechanism or an out for her to explain a " lack of morals" and indeed seems like a once " moralistic middle-class" girl got sucked in by the greed and ambition of the world.

I think there is more to her story than just being a poor girl marrying a rich old man once its revealed we will get answers
MuratHayat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i believe it was all about choices she made in her life...like u rightly pointed...may b she was just like nandini bt her ambitious nature made her overlook her morals she was brought up.. nyo wen took that path never looked back...nd she got more engulfed in that grey world that she cudnt even give  motherly love to her son...at one side itz her obsession with her son on other side i believe she hates nandni as she reminds her of the long forgotten choices she made...
Sexpot thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Adhi wrote about Nyo 
I wish they would give this lady ,her story and her interaction with Manik more screen space. Frankly all the other characters are like an open soda can. No fizz! 
Nyo is lashing out at Nandu because she understands the value of Manik's detachment. She must have cultivated this icy demeanour as a result of a very deep betrayal. She projects this on Manik, by encouraging his Ego and suppressing the id. If you don't care you can't get hurt. But she is beginning to see Manik evolve and grow and this must truly scare her. If she is unable to maintain the same equation with M as a result of him changing,it will really throw the spanner in the works. Manik must be very important in the equation with his father and hence her sustainance.
She is the ultimate survivor. Her language with Nandu is pure defence mechanism, it's the tone that intrigues me.
OmaRamdass thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I think the CVs next track will be to reveal nyo character 
She is deliciously evil and I like her 
She is going to cause serious  problems between Manan and it will be worse than the other small fry like pundit and Sonia.  

Once she finds out manan are back together - all hell is gojng to break loose and manik knows that.
There will come times where manik can't be around nandani and nyo will pounce- trust me. 

Nyo is a bitch and she will use things that nandani don't have - against her - like money , position , power and influence.

In boys over flowers - the mother destroyed the girl family business and made them even poorer - I don't know if the CVs are going to follow this track also later on.

Edited by OmaRamdass - 9 years ago
slyther_in thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Even now I dont undrstand her. What is she gud 4?