Ah, you. Your Arnav is so damn adorable. I think I've fallen in love with him, and he is most certainly way too old for me 😆 But what can I do, you've just made him so... cute! Sigh. I feel a little spring in my heart and I'm currently doing double integration- it is pretty damn hard to feel a skip in your heart with that. 😆
You know, I love Manorama. But I cannot focus on her this update- although, I absolutely adored the scene between her and Khushi. The pair of elderly ladies may just be my favorite in this story, you know? Forget Arnav and Khushi. Give me these two women.
But no. This one, I will dedicate to Sumitra. She seems to be trying to hard to understand this situation that for someone of her generation, is... odd, isn't it? But even though it doesn't fit her idea of an ideal husband-wife relationship, even if Mohan has ASD- she still wants to understand. I don't resent her for struggling with this idea. Not at all- because she wants to understand, and she only wants the best for her child. Her affection for Arnav and her desire for him to be happy above all... is heartening.
The conversation between Arnav and Khushi- whenever you weave them together, it's magic. I've told you this many times, but these two together... the reader can feel the connection between them. There's an easy friendship but that something lurking behind their conversations... is so palpable. I would say it's uneasy, but it's not- it's begging to be heard, insistently pushing at the surface. Kind of like Nessie! The Scottish not-so-legend, I mean :)
"That was probably the first time in my life I realized how silent silence could be": you and silence. Your silence is never just silence- it speaks louder than in any story I've ever read. Every single silence you write is different. Forever in awe of your pen- or rather, your keyboard.
I won't be pleased with lengthier waiting periods between updates, but sigh (to be read in a teenager-esque whine), I will wait for you. I guess :)
Love always,
G.
Edited by chotidesi - 11 years ago
2