Fraudulent conversion-a shame on humanity

osprey thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
My name is John writing from the US. I am a devout Christian and have extensively travelled in India and other Asian countries. One thing that really bothered me during my visit was the conversion activities of the Christian Missionaries in these countries. I was surprised to see that the preachings of Christ are propagated by hatred and not by love. The fundamental principle in Christianity is love and its a pity to observe the contrary in these countries. It is the word of Jesus Christ to love our fellow beings and not just fellow Christians. His word was never to convert people to Christianity and then love them. Please do not listen to the preachings of some cheaply trained pastors regarding converting peoples faith. Our aim should be to become a better Christian rather than increasing the number of Christians. So please think with your conscience before you step forward against the principles of your religion. I hope this will enlighten you in making up a peaceful world.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shriman thumbnail
I am a Hindu and extremely proud of it. Your viewpoint regarding conversion seems to be appealing and political, it might be genuine, but most are not, most missionaries are on the aim of converting us "heathens" into people of Christian faith, which is okay according to them, but no one should be influenced to pick a religion, you are in a religion when you are born.

You are right, part of the conversion is to make this world peaceful and they are trying that, but they should stop those words that come and accept christianity and you will be free from all misieries. This is not the true philosophy of christianity after studying christian philopshy for almost two years
sawagat thumbnail

Originally posted by: osprey

My name is John writing from the US. I am a devout Christian and have extensively travelled in India and other Asian countries. One thing that really bothered me during my visit was the conversion activities of the Christian Missionaries in these countries. I was surprised to see that the preachings of Christ are propagated by hatred and not by love. The fundamental principle in Christianity is love and its a pity to observe the contrary in these countries. It is the word of Jesus Christ to love our fellow beings and not just fellow Christians. His word was never to convert people to Christianity and then love them. Please do not listen to the preachings of some cheaply trained pastors regarding converting peoples faith. Our aim should be to become a better Christian rather than increasing the number of Christians. So please think with your conscience before you step forward against the principles of your religion. I hope this will enlighten you in making up a peaceful world.

Every religion preaches to love but we can see hatred is all over the world. Even hatred among Christians of different denominations. You should have rather told in detail, who is preaching with love and who is loving to preach. May be its only you who has love but unintentionally preaching to avoid some unknown people.

Whosoever is a mature person can understand whats right and whats wrong. Thanks for teaching, anyway.