Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

usaonly thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Thank you to three of you Doc, Aru and Nikki to continue this story. It is lovely start so will wait for your update next part.Please PM me when you update. Have a wonderful weekend dear.😊
ekta979 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Hey guys plz do continue soon ...  and PM me too ... :)
Welcome and best of luck to you  @desire_nikki and @arunabhi... !!! 
Edited by ekta979 - 9 years ago
ankita_sidana thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
aww...so ruhi is wid ishita now
gr8 update
thnks 4 pm
update soon
ankita_sidana thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
nikki and aruna si..wow
gr8 idea...will love 2 see how u two take it forward
update soon dearies
maya252 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Since no-one was continuing this one and I found my lost time backπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†... I thought I could continue this one. I hope you guys didn't forget me πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
Ajab Leher Hai Meri Padosi

Chapter 4

[Tu badalta waqt koi... khushnooma sa pal mera
Tu woh lamha joh na thehre... aanewala kal mera]

Ishita quickly put the phone down and rushed to work on her plan. She pushed a clueless Mihika to her room and asked her not to come out until she says so and then rushed to the mirror to give her reflection a final touch up.

The bell rang and she rushed to the door and opened it with a wide smile.

Raman looked awkwardly at a grinning Ishita "Why are you smiling like a fool? I'm sure there is nothing funny written on my face" he said annoyed "anyways is your sister home?"

"My sister?" Ishita's smile faltered a little "Why do you need my sister?" she asked suspiciously.

"I don't need to tell you that" Raman retorted

"You come at 9 in the night asking for my baby sister and you don't want me to know the reason" she faked anger "aye Mr. stay away from my sister"

"baby sister? She is younger to you?" he asked surprised

"Yes, ofcourse, what did you think?" she asked "Anyways she isn't home" she lied smoothly

"good for her" he glared at her and turned around to leave.

She pouted at the thought that their well devised plan flopped and was about to close the door when he stopped her with a hand on the door.

"This is out of total desperation that I'm asking you to help me with something" he looked here and there, nervous for the first time.

She stood there hands folded under her chest, trying hard to look unfazed when each cell of her body was screaming with laughter "Sure, neighbors are supposed to help each other in need" she replied

He looked up shocked at her "you will help me?" he asked suspiciously "Is it a way to get to Ruhi?"

She shrugged her shoulder "maybe, you never know" and winked at him.

~~~~~~

"You can't stand in there and do nothing Mr Ravan Kumar" she said while making the batter for idli. When she heard no response coming her way she turned to look quizzically at him.

"what?" she asked when she saw him looking at her thoughtfully

"Did you just call me what I heard you call me?" he asked

Ishita bit her lower lip, slip of tongue "ayyo murgan save me" she murmured

"Raman Kumar... Isn't that what your name is?" she said "What else would I call you?"

He still looked confused "Nothing" He sighed "I just thought you called me Ravan"

Ishita giggled nervously "Really? Who gave you that perfect name?"

He shrugged his shoulders "I just remembered there was this girl back in school" He seemed to think very hard "a small chubby girl with two pigtails" he smiled with humor dancing in his eyes and her heart skipped a beat.

She turned away from him and smiled, tears threatening to come out of her eyes... At least he remembers her.

When he didn't show any sign of continuing the conversation she said "go on"

His trance broke "What are we? Best friends? That I should share all my secrets with you?" he mocked

"Oh ho... secrets ha? So did you have a secret crush on that chubby pigtailed girl?"

He gave her a 'are-you-out-of-your-mind' look "She was a baby for God's sake" When she returned a 'i-don't-believe-you' look he continued as if justifying himself "I was in my final year of high school and that baby little girl I'm talking about was a 5th or 6th grader. So you see there is no way of any other connections here"

"So how come you remember what she called you?"

"That's because she gave me an advice one day and I didn't follow it" his eyes grew dark "And I shall regret that all my life" he sighed "and she also called me Ravan Kumar on my face, some guts she had" he smirked.

~~~~~

"You are supposed to teach me not only cook" he ordered

"Don't boss me around, I'm actually doing you a favor here" she hit back "be kind"

"Fine, Miss Ishita Iyer will you please teach me" he said through gritted teeth

"Sure Mr. Bhalla" she faked a wide smile and pulled his hand and placed the batter bowl in it "I'll show you"

Thus began their cooking together...

She helped him with the sambar, and told him all the ingredients needed while he followed her like an obedient student. She would steal a glance now-and-then at him admiring him as he concentrated hard as if cracking a business deal.

Half an hour later :

Ishita sat on the kichen counter holding her head out of frustration. Raman had done every possible thing but couldn't place the batter right where it should be put. In the process he ruined the entire kitchen and ofcourse his and Ishita's dress. He looked sheepishly at her as she glared at him.

She finally sighed and went near him, covered his large hand with her small one and guided it over the pan. Her little heart beat fast as her back hit his hard chest time and again and his deep sighs that sounded musical to her ears.

"Its done" she smiled and left his hands "now it will be ready to serve in 15 minutes"

"Oh thank god" he said "complicated madrsis and their complicated food"

"Its not complicated, you don't know how to cook the simplest thing" she told him

"Excuse me" he bit out "I am a very good cook, I cook every day; ask my daughter" he called out "Ruhi...Ruhi"

Ruhi came running and jumped to Ishita's lap, much to her father's annoyance "What is it papa?"

"Tell her how well I cook" he told his daughter

"yep, Ishita aunty papa can cook rajma-chawal and bread-omlet very well and..." she trailed off

"And?" Ishita asked

"And that's what we eat 24*7 because papa can't cook anything else" both the girls giggled as he glared on.

"Enough" he said "I need to freshen up" he turned to Ishita "Thankyou for your help you too can go now"

Ishita's mouth opened wide "hwww!!!! How rude of you Mr. Ravan Kumar... I helped you cook and you are dismissing me like a servant"

"What do you want me to do? Invite you to dinner?" he asked irritated

"A gentleman would do that" she hit back

"Yes papa" Ruhi pipped it "Its so rude of you not to invite Ishita aunty to dinner"

"Fine" he sighed and turned to Ishita "I'll keep an eye on you"

He turned to walk away as Ishita yelled back "shoukh se..." and both the girls giggled on.

~~~~~~

Their silent dinner was interrupted by a phone call. Raman glared at the phone as Ishita wondered who it might be. He looked up at her with a tad bit of annoyance and received the call "what do you want?" he barked at the person on the other side of the receiver. Both Ishita and Ruhi cringed at that, Ishita held Ruhi's hand and pointed to the food in an assuring manner. The gesture didn't go unnoticed by Raman.

"Yes I would have kept my side of the agreement had you not sent spies over my house time and again" he paused, Ishita could only hear his side of the conversation "Don't pretend as if you don't know what I'm talking about"... " No I'm not letting my daughter to even talk to you" with that he slammed the phone shut.

He then proceeded to continue with his food as if nothing happened. Ishita looked open-mouthed at him and he said "what?" she quickly looked down and started eating.

-----

"Mr Bhalla" she said as she bid Ruhi good night "She didn't send me here, you need to stop doubting everyone or else you will miss out the people who genuinely want to help you" she sighed "Just like the little girl back in school"

Before he could process what she said, she left closing the door behind her.

He hadn't felt this guilty and heavy-hearted in years. He silently sat on the sofa. Oh how he wished he could go back in time and listen to her advice. How he wished he could meet her once and thank her for the advice he never took...

Edited by dochdoe - 9 years ago
jiyaa02 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Welcome backπŸ€—
so happy you updated your story. thanks for an awesome update dear.Loved it
N pls pls pls do cont.

maya252 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: jiyaa02

Welcome backπŸ€—

so happy you updated your story. thanks for an awesome update dear.Loved it
N pls pls pls do cont.

Thanks... πŸ˜‰
I cant open IF on my laptop, you can see that the result of updating from my phone isn't pretty
Are you guys facing the same problem or is it just me?
Nikki_Titli thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
omg so so happy to see u continuinin this...i really loved this ss n this new update is rockin...liked the school conn u bought here b/w ishra..!! plz continue soon
AdventureGirl14 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Hey.. so glad you're continuing this oneπŸ€—
Lovely update😊
shravani_2311 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
finally update...

loved it...

continue...

wil b waiting fr next...