Posted: 9 years ago
lay a finger on her and I'll break ur face πŸ˜³ Edited by Anaya13 - 9 years ago
Divya879 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

*~ Torn Apart ch 21 part 1~*

Jalal POV

" this was planned out ,"
he said, his solemn voice thickly accented, he kept his silence for a while giving us time to digest the new fact. For me I was taken aback with his words " planned out?", in the anticipating silence I leaned forward my body temperature rising by the second.
Jalal: " what.. What do you mean?" I ask in anxiety 
He meets his eyes with mine for a second or two , he grabs one of the files that were handed to him from his left side policeman. He places his left hand under the file while opening it as he goes through it , pulling out a couple of photos , then leaning forward towards the coffee table  he places the first one. As we glance at it , which was of jodha's navy blue car crushed in a horrifying state from the back.
Rahim: " for this to happen , let's the state the obvious reason for such a state it would only mean something had forced its way to hit from the back of miss rajput's car"
he says while looking up to us , but our eyes were glued to the photo still thinking about what he had just said. While I was more rage than shocked , I kept my silence to listen to what he has to say more. He pulls out another photo as slides it with his finger tips . in front of the previous photo , this one of the car's front side of it which was also crushed but not as much as the back. The front glass , half of it was gone but a huge crack on the other side making it look like it was about to be broken in a million pieces. He pulls out another photo and places right next to the one he put out before , this one of a side view picture jodha's car near the side of cliff half hanging , then there is that vast space but not to much a tree with its bark half gone , as it slighting bending. 
Rahim: " miss Rajput's car crashed into this tree , for such a crushed impact for the front of the car to happen "
he says circling the damaged front of the car with his fingers.
Rahim : "when it happen the car was stopped there there is no way the car could've landed there"
he says pointing towards the photo where you could see jodha's car half hanging in the side of the cliff.
Rahim: " in other words miss Rajput's car was placed there" he says finally looking up to us again.
But I didn't meet his eyes , I was too shocked with what he had to say somebody had this all planned out to take her life?. No one said anything everyone had their own blank space rather than asking him , they all asked themselves their unanswered questions.
Rahim: " making it look like it was some accident or rather , miss Rajput's body was never found , making it look like she fell to her death ".
I look up in a jerk , making Rahim startle slightly "fell to her death?" No she couldn't have was he here to make it official. I could hear slight sobs from none other than Ashwini, I stared away from him I felt nothing I just said there staring out in pain.
Jalal: "  so you're here.. To make it offical.. T-that she's dead?" I shudder , as I ask him tears just well up in my eyes but they don't fall. I'm glad they didn't atleast I collide my hands together as I lean forward and looking down as tears just glazed my eyes.
Rahim: " I said we never found her dead body... I said they made it look like this is what happened " he says sounding more firm, 
Surya: " what'd u mean?" He says confusingly with a sob like tone
I sit back slowly , as he said that my mind grew in this unbearable anticipation, everyone looks towards him suddenly Rahim chuckles softly and grins  making everyone confused with his sudden smile. He picks up the photo the one of Jodha's car hanging on the side of the cliff.
Rahim: " if that did happen , if they were trying to making it look like she did fall to her death well they failed because there is a blooper in the photo" 
Rithik: " a blooper? " 
I look closely at the photo , he eyed me expecting me to get it but I didn't as surya and rithik closely scans it but failed to notice .Just after awhile from a close scan I got it.
Jalal: " the driver's door is closed" I say having my eyes glued on the photo.
Rahim: " exactly"
Rahim: " saying there is high chance that miss Rajput is out there alive" he replies in a husky tone, he scans the photos with his eyes.After he said that ,  I froze scanning him recalling what he had said for that moment I stayed there staring out motionless paled as my eyes widened.She.. She's alive? Jodha she's alive?, I slowly sit back almost drowning myself in the sudden frozen relief that welled up in my body. still in dilemma more out of that suffocating feeling I was before. The impatient need of seeing her grew stronger inside of me , just like before , but at the midst "of all this impatient and frozen emotions anger grew out it. Thinking someone wanted to take her life , playing such a deadly game who ever it is I'm gonna make them regret it. 
Bharamal: " I'm so glad.. " he says free from his usual sobbing tone. 
Rithik: " oh my god she's alive " he says in heave 
The same sayings came from surya and Ashwini.
Rahim: " doubt for long " we all look towards him followed by a disturbing silence.
Rahim: " they have taken her away.. As a possible hostage that is the only explanation I mean how could she just disappear like that?" he says frimly though his face expressions looked as if he was confused with his own saying. So was everyone else , stunned to hear that as well. Before anyone could say anything, Rahim opened his mouth to continue .
Rahim: " so we need to know , are there any rivals or enemies of miss rajput that you could think of?" He questions us , with a rise of hope.
Enemies? Did Jodha have any? , at the moment of time i could barely think of anyone. Still digesting the confronting facts , it was then I thought of that someone. Could it be? 
Bharamal: " I'm afraid not.. Jodha never really had any enemies as far as I know " he says sounding disappointed.
Minutes passed as everyone began to think throughly , but my mind was set on that person... Rukiaya? Could it be? Can she be that extreme?. Unsure whether I should Mention her name or not. Rahim' phone rings as he stands up and pulls out his phone staring at it for a second or two, then back to us.
Rahim: " sorry but I need to get going , um think about it but make it quick 
I doubt we have enough time " with that worrying tone , he takes his leave with a Salaam. As everyone nods as he turns around to leave , he walks towards me.
Rahim: " keep this , it'll be handy " he says passing my his business card. I nod him a thank you. He once again turns around and walks away attending the impatient phone call. 

After he left everyone slowly began to pale out , from the corner of my eye I could all of them faintly smiling. For me? I was happy in the inside m my smile wasn't shown coz I guess that was waiting till I see her. I decided to take my leave from them  I stand up and turn towards the them.
Jalal: " I should get going " I reply quietly with less mourning tone, I do a salaam with my right hand as they nod and giving me a reassuring smile. But Ashwini and Bharamal  smile fades away as a troubled look took over.
Ashwini: " Jalal what happened to your hand?" She asked worriedly , as she stands up and walks over followed my Bharamal.  my eyes and rithik and surya's eyes follow her as he comes forward as gently and carefully takes my right hand and examining it carefully. I look down to see my hand grazed and cut , as I remember the cause for it. I  pull my hand out slowly.
Jalal: " it's fine" I say passing a fake reassuring smile.
Bharamal: " it doesn't look that fine!" He asks with a suspicion. 
Jalal: " no really it is " I say while I pull down my shirt's sleeve., just as I turn around I hear rithik chuckling , and saying " I'm gonna kill Jodha when she comes back!". " that is if she comes back" replies surya in a serious tone.
Jalal: " she will , I promise you that " I reply firmly still having my back on them. 

** Time Lapse **

As I drive along the overwhelming relief, As I felt it make a resting to my Mind. But still the tremendous heavy feeling in my heart stayed there. The inevitable loneliness was too much, but my mind was set that's it I'm going to find her. I'll make them regret they ever did this, I repeat to myself. But other thing my mind was confused about was rukaiya would she be that extreme? , as I drove further I was set on telling Rahim about this. I take out his card from my pocket with my left hand , staring at it for a few seconds switching my right hand from the steering wheel. With my left hand still holding the car I pull out my phone before I start dealing I notice the date on the lock screen "6th July ".
Jalal: " tomorrow" I whisper to myself , soon enough my heart tightened thinking about tommorow. I take a deep breathe And start to dial the phone number saying the numbers in my head while it type it in. Keeping my eyes on the road still, I place the phone on my right ear waiting for him to attend the call. Just after a few seconds he attends the call.
Call convo
Rahim: " hello?!"
Jalal: " Sir it's me Jalal " I say with a neat tone
Rahim: " oh hey Jalal , cut formality call me rahim" he says causally for an inspector.
Jalal: " right sorry! , um I was thinking about what you asked us earlier both jodha's enemies.. " 
Rahim: " yeah what about it?"
Jalal: " well.." I begin my sentence thinking if I should mention pher name or not.
Jalal: " well.. I've someone in my mind.. But I guess I'm not that sure if that person would go to such extremes but then again I thought I should let you know" 
Rahim: " hmmm well I'd like to know about this someone... Tell you what why don't you come to the scene and we'll talk?"
Jalal: " yeah um I'm on my way" I reply
Rahim: " great Khuda hafiz "
Jalal: " ji Allah hafiz " with that ending the call , I drive towards the scene.

** time lapse **

As I reach just as the entrance of the Kabul ranges , I park my car and head towards the scene. The same policeman comes towards me for inspection but I give him deadly glare , the one enough for him to get out my way. But even before walking in , my feet stopped and I was standing there staring out. just yesterday I thought that she had died here , but she isn't she's alive out there somewhere. With someone , I slowly walk in  
The side paths made for us , still the place made my heart pound hard against my chest having that disturbing feeling. Uneasy and unsafe feeling passed though my veins , I began to walk faster and faster not to look around too much soon enough I reach at the end point taking a deep breathe before I look out. Rahim and another officer were standing and talking where Rahim seems frustrated and disappointed. As they kept talking further Rahim notices me as smiles and nods. Rahim excuses himself as he walks over to me.
Jalal: " is everything okay?" 
Rahim: " yeah I'm not so sure.. No fingerprints found not even one!" He says frustrated.
I frown , as I glance at the scene behind his shoulder 
Rahim: " about your suspicion?!" He snaps me out my daze.
Jalal: " um yeah about that" as I was about to continue that office comes and takes his leave from Rahim and leaves.
Jalal: " why don't we go to my house and talk I mean it's gonna be a long explanation and all "
Rahim: " um yeah if that's okay with you"

~ Residence Mohammad Mansion ~

As we walk in the long corridor which now seemed endless and with Rahim telling me more information about what he had found. But my mind was wandering with Jodha she was alive , It seemed whenever I repeated that fact to myself my mind always froze.  But what else I've noticed is that no one was here , it was so quite a little too quite.
When we finally reach the corridor's end , I look to my right towards the grand living room no one was there ether just that disturbing silence.
Rahim: " so who else lives here?" He says scanning the place
Jalal: " well.. " I say staring my sentence and continue walking towards the stairs.
Jalal: " My ammi , my elder brother, his wife  and their son and now my three cousins". I reply still looking around. Where is everyone? As we both being climb up the stairs. 
Rahim: " right... So where is everyone?"
Jalal: " I'm not sure... It's usually pretty loud " I reply feeling disturbed by the silence when we finally reach the top of the stairs. I see Adham Bhai coming out of ammi's room and quietly closing the door. As he turns to leave he sees us , as I give him a confused look as he comes towards us.
Jalal: " Bhai what's goin on?"
Adham: " when were you going to tell us?" He asks in quite voice, it took me a moment to realise he was talking about Jodha. I slowly look away from him , and keep my silence for a few seconds.
Jalal: " how'd you... Find out?" I ask him in the same quite tone he used for me.
Adham: " my friend works at the scene he told me everything "he says slightly swaying his head. I nod silently it was then he fully notices Rahim.
Rahim: "  as-salamu Alaykum " he says with a salaam
Adham: " ji wa Alaykum s-Salam" he replies in the same manner,
Rahim: " I'm inspector Rahim Ali " he introduces himself while extending a hand for a shake.
Adham: " I'm Adham mohammad " he says shaking Rahim's hand. 
Adham: " and you're here for?" He says confusingly , but he managed to ask that in a polite way. Before Rahim could reply Adham Bhai interrupted.
Adham:" you're not here to interrogate Jalal are you?" He asks in shock.
Rahim: " no.. Not really , I needed to talk to him about something " he says as Adham bhai eased up a little.
Jalal: " did you tell everyone?" I ask him looking up to him.
Adham: " yeah.. I did I'm sorry I found out today and I thought everyone should know... And knowing jodha's disappearance everyone got really disturbed and upset.. I guess everyone's just in their rooms". He explains in his tone somewhere regression was shown. I look behind his shoulder my eyes landed on ammi's room. 
Jalal: " Rahim I'll be back in a few minutes I need to talk to someone " I say looking half way at him.
Rahim: " uh yeah take your time" he replies politely , aware of my situation.
Jalal: " Adham Bhai mind taking him to the main study room ?" He nods and takes Rahim with him towards the study room. I wait for them to leave and look at Ammi's doorway. As I take a deep breathe and walk slowly towards door when I reach there I stare out and gently knock before I walk in.
Not a reply came so I softly opened the door trying to avoid the creeky noise. I walk in to see only a side of her but she was sitting on the arm chair facing the balcony. I walk towards her and stop right behind 
Jalal: " Ammi?" I say tilting my head
Ammi: " Jalal?" She says in sad surprising tone she slowly gets up , and turns around. She looked pale and tired as her eyes crinkled, My eyes widened to see her like this giving me slight chills . I've only see her when dad died and bakshi died.She looked so depressed and weak, it killed a part of me.
Jalal:" ammi.." With that I trailed off unsure of what to say, it seemed as if I said a wrong word she collapse. 
Hamida: " Jalal when did you come?.." She said in lowly voice 
Jalal: " j-just a few minutes a ago I guess..." When I look straight at her she looked as she was about to fall to the ground which scared me. She started to have unsettling stand I quickly walked towards her and before she could fall off. Putting my right arm around her in a startle, holding her pale cold left hand as I make her slowly sit down. I crouch down Infront of her and hold her left hand. I looked up to her as he she looks at me with those depressed eyes. Those pair of eyes i only saw her like this when when dad and bakshi died. I gulp down the pain , but it almost feels like I'm going to burst out crying. 
Hamida: " Jalal you don't need to say anything , I'm sorry you have to go through so much" she says in quite voice , she seemed guilty and sounded like she was sobbing in her words.
Jalal: " but I'm not going not let her die..." I reply to her in a low voice , but with determination. I'm not going to let her die ,not like this.
Hamida: " I know.." She says in a proud fragile voice , leans and places a soft kiss on my forehead. My eyes were watery but they don't fall , just glazing my eyes. 
Hamida: " Jalal you do remember what tommorow is?" 
Jalal: " yes.." It was then a tear suddenly drops down , I blink several times to get rid of the other tears. Before thinking about it more I decided to leave before she really starts to talk about it. Because nether do I want to hear about it or nether do I want to remember about it yes I messed up in past but I never intended things to turn out this way . I slowly get up , placing her hand back in her lap.
Jalal: " ammi I need to get going.." She weakly nods , a passes me a frail smile. 
Jalal: " take care of yourself " with that I turn around and walk a few meters.
Hamida: " that wasn't your fault Jalal.. Please stop thinking about it like that way it's doing no good to you" she says in a teary voice.
Jalal: " please Stop it! Stop talking about this please.." I plead her , she keeps her quite as I leave the room closing the door a little hard. The walk towards my main study room , my eyes were getting heavy with tears , thinking about Jodha what was going to happen? My heart tightens  As I recall what Rahim had said earlier. It scared me , someone did such a dirty thing just a day ago I thought that Jodha died. And that was it , but now she's alive out there somewhere. Fearing thoughts ran through my mind was she getting tortured?.
" Jalal? Um Jalal? Hello?" Someone calls out for me breaking my chain of thoughts. I come back to my senses to see a worried Rahim looking over at me.
Jalal: " um yeah! Sorry" I apologise and trying to look as firm as I can.
Rahim: " that's okay , but are you?"
Jalal: " yeah I'm fine.." 
Rahim: " then why do I see tears? " , I realise that my face was tear stained which i wipe off instantly.
Jalal: " um nothing I'm fine!" I lie trying to reassure him.
Rahim: " if you say so.." He says , I could see he wasn't buying into my reply.
Jalal: " well then.. About your question" 
Rahim: " yeah so tell me who's that person in your mind?" He says sitting him self into one of the chairs near the desk. I do that same , 
Jalal: " well , look I'm not sure if that person is that extreme but then I again I guess Jodha and I did have a really rough past with her.
Rahim: " go on.." He says suspiciously interested 
Jalal: " her name is Rukaiya Sultan " I begin 

few minutes later...
After I finish telling him , I turn around to see a deeply in thought Rahim. " hmm" he says still in thought his eyes. were staring contactless for a few seconds.
Rahim: " well... That sounds pretty roughed up" he says breaking his contactless staring as he eyes meet with mine as I slowly nod. For a few seconds both of us unsure of what to say , I stared at the ground as Rahim thought more.
Rahim: " do you know if she is still in India?" 
Jalal: " well after that.. I broke every relation I had with her, and after that if I'm correct the sultan family moved away from India to Australia".
I sighed silently remembering those horrifying days.
Rahim: " never contacted her after that? Or did she ever try to contact you?" , I swing my head sideway signalling a no. As I lean up against the bookshelf. 
Rahim: " and after that.? Did miss rajput ever confront her further ?"
I keep my silence for a bit , as Rahim gives me a confused faraway look.
Jalal: " Jodha left to Paris for 2 years.. So I'm guessing no.." I reply frowning as I remember waking up in the hospital a few days later.

~ flashback~ 
I heavily open my eyes, from a beeping noise I stare at the off White celling. I stare at it for a while , unsure of why I am here still tired and feeling heavy and tight. I felt something sticking tight around my mouth I lower my too see I was wearing an oxygen mask. I look around , my surroundings to see I was in a ward with a second the painful memories rushed into my mind making me wince. " Jodha" I whisper , I suddenly began to breathe heavily. Was she okay? Where is she? I tried to get up but my body failed to every muscle in my body ached in pain. " damn it". I hear the door  creek so I realised someone is coming in. I saw abdul , quickly coming over to me.
Abdul: " oh my god you're awake " he says in a relief. " I'll call the doctor"
He says in a hurry as he leaves the room almost running. In a minute or so the doctor comes in as he greets me and injects something into my arm. Soon enough my body felt less tighter , and he takes off  the oxygen mask. Makes me comfortable in bed as I lean on the bed post with 2 pillows supporting my back. Then they take their leave, and it's just abdul and I.
Jalal: " Abdul where's Jodha? Is she okay?" I ask quickly, for a few seconds Abdul kept his silence which only angered me.
Jalal: " JEEZ I'M ASKING YOU SOMETHING!" I yell at him, he gives me a painful look as he frowned in such a way I felt so bad.
Jalal: " Abdul I'm sorry I'm just not my"..
Abdul: " Jalal, Jodha left India.." He says interrupting me  , I stop at my sentence and stare at him blankly. She? She left?, I lowered my eyes as my heart tightened and I felt as if everything inside of me broke all over again , My lips trembled.
Jalal: " but.. How could she?" I ask him in a broken voice.
After that Abdul said something I couldn't quite hear, I spaced out as my vision became blurry with tears. " why did you leave me?".

~ flashback ends~

Jalal? Jalal? Someone calls out for me , as I snap out of it. I blink my eyes as I look at him. " yeah", I reply 
Rahim: " hey are you okay?".
Jalal: " I'm fine.." , he looks at me suspiciously, as he looks down the up he had a look of sorry. 
Rahim: " Jalal I need you to tell me something "
Jalal: " yeah what is it?"
Rahim: " you know her better than I do , what'd you think? Should we look in to her? Or no?"
Jalal: " I don't know.. Like I said I feel like this is something way to extreme for her to do so.. But then again God knows".
Rahim: " hmm yeah I guess was thinking like that too.., but I guess we'll keep her on the list". He says solemnly , I nod in agreement.
Rahim: " whoever is doing this They're not alone that's for sure" he says 
In a serious brooding tone. And all I can do was nod, again a silence was followed after he said that. Within a few minutes later Rahim speaks again.
Rahim: " you know Jalal.. Now that I actually think about it, rukaiya incident she did that to get to you am I correct?" He says his face showing no more a serious emotion.
Jalal: " yeah.. " I reply, he eyed me for a second I was confused but then it hit me.
Jalal: " you don't think someone is doing this to get to me are you?" I ask wide eyed , this panicked me.
Rahim: " why don't you tell me about your enemies Jalal?" He says leaning forward.

To be continued in part 2...

yeah I know short chapter... 🀣,  I at least updated didn't I??πŸ˜†... just so you guys know the story is coming to an end really soon.. like super soon i guess 🀣 so yeah just putting that out there!πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰
so I hope you guys had a good holiday and Christmas😳!!.
I love u guys! ❀️

Regards
Divya! πŸ˜›

Edited by Divya879 - 9 years ago
Divya879 thumbnail

~ Ch 21 part 2 ~

|| IMP NOTE ||

Hold up , hey guys I know I'm late as ever and I update really irregularly but hey I'm sorry I really am and I know you've been waiting for months and months but I've been just caught up with everything , and I've had so many court based thing okay hold up not because I was on drugs , or drunk driving or any deranged things , my parents just recently divorced and I was really caught up in that and I didn't really feel like writing anything. OKAY if I did write at that time , okay it would go somethin like dis I would have some terrorist bombing the mohammad mansion and killing everybody in it , and then this world would have world war and then the kidnappers would be all like " screw this " and shoots Jodha and everyone dies!. Hehe anyway that's not gonna happen so u guys are lucky I think , and the main reason I wasn't as regularly as some other writers did coz I still haven't got the story line in order okay , my story is soo messed like yea. Hahaha anyway I hope you guys enjoy this and yeah and I love u guys a lot thank u so much for support for #TornApart.😳

~ Chapter 21 part 2 ~

Jalal POV 

" why don't you tell me about your enemies Jalal?" He asks as his voice thickens with a serious tone. For a minute or two I stared at him blankly wide eyed unsure of what to reply. When I thought over it made sense someone is after me.. But they're using Jodha to get to me , because It makes no sense if they're only after Jodha. I lower my head down as my right fist clenched tight gritting my teeth my face hardened. " how dare they.." I look back at Rahim who seems to be looking right at me with nothing but a straight faced expression
Rahim: " well?" He says snapping me out of my chain of thoughts 
Jalal: " I don't understand because I don't have such extreme enemies as far as I'm concerned.." I say with more a questioned like tone.
Rahim: " what about your business rivals ?" he says suggesting a broad idea. I stop and think for a minute as I go through some of them in my head but no it seems they're not such enemies but just people who wants to take up the mughul industry's high standard but all of them gave up eventually.
Jalal: " well there is the one person that really hates me as I equally hate him"
Rahim: " and who might that be?"
Jalal: " one Mr. Arjun Punjj " (  those who used to what KMH would know this nameπŸ˜† ) 
Rahim : " the head of the P& M media limited ?" 
Jalal: " that's him " I reply as I nod 
Rahim: " but your industry is on a different field than his company then how come you guys are rivals?" He asks in a confused tone.
Jalal: " for one , we hated each other since we were kids and two  There's the mugual media limited which Adham Bhai is the head of" 
Rahim: " ah yes that's right, hmmm arjun punjj I don't know he doesn't seem". I knew what he was going that sentence so I nod slowly making him stop at his sentence. After much more silence of him thinking and me trying to go over anyone just anyone would do at this point but rahim and I after a long dissusion realised that arjun wouldn't highly unlikely do something like that. And I guess I was defending him a bit you could say for one thing I know arjun might be a total jerk and all. But he would never be a part of something like that , he would never stoop so low. I could think of no one which only made me get angrier at myself. The sound of the clock ticking was the only thing you could hear in this room.  Breathing silently , no movements just plain silence closing in me. I felt such pressure and restless welling up in my body. As I open my mouth to say something rahim' phone rings building up more restlessness in me he looks at me for a second , and glance back at his phone as he attends the phone still his eyes kept on me.

Rahim: " yeah what is it?" , soon enough his forehead cringes as he looks down and back to me. He looked confused with a tint of hope in his eyes,
" yeah we're on our way" he says ending the call.
Jalal: " what's goin on?" I ask impatiently 
Rahim: " they've found another car trail " he says in a brooding tone , a chill ran beneath my skin , as I felt uneasy as well as thankful. This could actually lead us somewhere. " let's go " he says signalling me to come with him I nod and quietly follow him.

*** time lapse ***

When we finally arrive there , Rahim was greeted with a firm salute from everyone. Which suddenly made me feel out of place , I walk just beside him walking carefully , stepping over the tapes carefully. Rahim started talking something official to a serious looking man that looked like he never smiled in his life. I decided to stay out their discussion only because I thought that's the least I could do. I glance back the car now a group has surrounded it nodding their heads and examining the car. " jo I promise I'll find you ". With the movements of someone coming from the behind I turn around to see Rahim as he raises his eyebrows and right back down. " sorry to keep you waiting " he apologies . " no worries " I reply back. He signals me to follow him again as we walk towards the half  broken tree just like the one we saw in the picture. There were tapes around blocking anyone from going in side there, it took me a while to really see it but there were some car trails, a man comes there holding a file under his arm he looked like a fine man he smiles at us though he looked a little confused of my presence and salutes Rahim.
Rahim: " ah Daniyal , good to see you again briefly explain ". He says referring to his findings.
Daniyal: " yes sir." He replies politely.
Daniyal: " sir just yesterday a car trail aside from miss rajput's were found, these car trails have come in and out also these car trails have overlapped miss rajput's car trails... Sir they stopped just a 3.2 meters away from miss rajput's car. So we're sure that the car had forced its way to hit the back of miss rajput's car.
Rahim: " hmmm.. Before you continue i have a question".
Daniyal: " yes sir?"
Rahim: " how the hell did they manage to get the car placed over there?" He asks in confusion I've been wondering that too you could say.
Daniyal: " we are still unsure about that sir..". He says disappointed 
Jalal: " um I've been thinking.. Obviously whoever did this must have gotten out of the car right? Any I don't know footprints ?". I ask Daniyal nodded " there has been some footprints I was just getting to that ". He says smiling slightly , he seemed proud of his findings he smiled in not a over confident way.

We followed Daniyal a little a beyond the tree nearer to the car , as he stops in his tracks and turns around to face us again. 
Daniyal: " the footprints ends here" he says pointing to the ground where else if you look closely there was footprints. One of the foot prints was more visible while the other was lightly visible which seemed rather odd. I stared at them for a while , on the other hand Rahim and Daniyal was in formal conversation. After a while questioning myself with the foot prints existence walking around a little noticing something rather odd about the way they were printed on the ground. The left footprint a deeper print while the right foot made a light print , cringing my forehead trying to understand why it was made like that for a while I stared at it blankly and then I understood why that was like that.
Jalal: " who ever it is , had a limping problem ." I say my eyes still fixed on the prints. I could hear the foot steps coming from my behind.
Daniyal: " how do you know that?" He asked out of suspicious sounding curiosity they continue walking and stops to stand just beside me. I extend my right arm pointing to the slightly faded footprint and then point to the more visible footprint. 
Jalal: " what do you notice different about the prints from the left one to the right one?" I say as I glance at them , they seemed lost and confused as their eyes scan the prints. They look back act me again almost in Union , their eyes seemed awfully lost.
Jalal: " take a closer look... The left footprint is pressuring more creating a much more visible print.. While the right foot is just simply and normally  there.." I say as I explain what seemed like a enigma to them a few seconds ago. I examine their reactions only to see a impressed smirk on both of their faces.
Rahim: " very impressive Jalal!" He says as he chuckles a bit
Daniyal: " yeah I agree.. Man you've got good eyes are you new here?" He says looking over at me passing me a surprised look. Before I could say anything Rahim opened his mouth completely cutting me off.
Rahim: " you idiot he's Jalal mohamaad " he says laughing at his colleague. I stare back at Daniyal only to see him in an uneasy shock like he regretted talking to me.
Daniyal: " I am so sorry... Sir I didn't know " he says apologising uneasily tensed.
Jalal: " no don't sweat it.. It's fine just call me Jalal " I reply back to him , I always felt strange when people who don't work with me address me with that kind of formality it always made me feel bit uncomfortable. Daniyal seemed as if he was going to say sorry one more time , but I passed him a reassuring look , he calmed down a bit more after that. Our gaze fell upon the footprints again, I know someone... I know someone that has a leg limping problem... I can't put my finger on it. Frustrated at
My thought , trying hard to remember that person who limps?. 

Daniyal: " Sir I have to get these files back to them , I'll get going now." He says he says his formal goodbyes to us and leaves. As we watch him from afar " maybe you should quit the industry and become a detective ?!" Rahim says in a sarcastic tone as he chuckles gently. 
Jalal: " like hell I would?!" I reply in a puzzled sort of way , I keep the sarcastic tone . But I just couldn't laugh the same way he did, after a while Rahim said it would be better if we left now as there was nothing much he can observe , he grabs some new files that were given to him as he both head back to the mohammad mansion.

** time lapse**

~ Residence Mohammad Mansion~

We walk yet again in the corridors that seemed haunting , it was so utterly quite it was disturbing. It only made me feel worse such tension rose in my body as we come to an end of the long corridor to the way of the great living room , there Adham Bhai was taking to someone one the phone and Hussain sitting in the couch with a frown plastered on his face. Adham Bhai notices our presence gave us a saddened smile , and ended his call immediately as he walks towards us. I didn't want to talk about it , I know what he might wanted to say or he wanted to remind me but I didn't want it hear it as much as the day will disturbing and depressing I didn't want to hear it. 
Jalal: " I know.." I whisper cutting him off completely he seemed offended by it. He lowered his eyes as Rahim and I slowly walked away from there.

* time lapse *

3 Hours passed as we went through more discovering only the obvious things, made me feel so fustrated out of rage and tension.  It was getting dark as the sky was hazy and gray shot through the lines of blue where the clouds briefly drifted apart from one another. 
Rahim: " argh we're getting no where.. With the foot print thing "he says in a irritated tone slightly throwing down the file on to the tea table. 
" Jalal Bhai jaan.." A child's voice called out for me , Rahim and I stared at each other puzzled and turned to our side to see anaya standing there with such a frowned expression. And just standing behind her was ruthshalini wrapping a light warm coloured shawl around her keeping herself warm from the chilly evening. My gaze fell back to anaya as I tried to smile but it just didn't go the way I imagined it.
Jalal: " anaya?! " I say as I pass a surprised look to her, she comes towards us and sits next to me and ruthshalini just behind her as she stands nears my chair.
Jalal: " well this certainly isn't you" I say worried 
Anaya: " you'll find her nah?" She says in a low childish voice.
I glance at her , and found myself nodding gently to her.
Jalal: " I promise I will " I say promising her firmly at the corner of my eye I see Rahim passing a smile.
Anaya: " promise nah that's good" she says giving me her gentle smile.
Rahim: " is this your sibling?" 
Jalal: " um no.. Actually my cousin anaya , ruthshalini and saumya " 
Anaya: " I'm anaya :)" she says introducing herself
Rahim: " and I'm Rahim nice to meet you" 
Anaya: " you too" 
Ruthshalini : " Anaya it's getting late go to sleep baba" she says with concern. They both take their leave with a salaam , I turn back to him too see a deep in thought Rahim. I let him be , for awhile he then
 started to randomly summaries all the key things that happened with i closely listened to then he stopped.
Rahim: " doing all of this don't you think they would have kept an eye on her?" He says , the corners of his crinkled as he spoke. I glanced at him and down and found myself agreeing with him. Before I cold say or ask he interrupted me.
Rahim: " who was the last person jodha saw?" , I found myself wondering at his sentence after a few seconds unsure of what to reply I gently shrugged my shoulders.
Jalal: " I'm not so sure , I wasn't here at that time I was in Canada" I reply disappointed at myself of what all things occurred.
Rahim: " where was her last destination do you think?" , I look up to him only to find me broodingly starting at me.
Jalal: " if I'm correct , it should've been right here " I reply back to him referring to what ruthshalini had said a day ago.
Rahim: " could you call out one of the members so I can interrogate them?" He asked passing a glance at me.
Jalal: " yea I suppose you can".

We entered back into the house from the patio , as I look around only to find no one around. The chilly tension was thick as ever in the house , making it seem so utterly endless the clockwork mechanics echoed through out the room footsteps from the hard sole of our shoes rang in rythmed Union. In a few minutes a gentle footsteps approached us , as we both turn back only to see ruthshalini there passing us a surprised look, she put the lock of her hair behind her ear. 
ruthshalini: " Is- everything okay? Do you need anything?" She asks, her voice seemed fragile.
Jalal: " um..yeah actually you said that jodha came here a two days ago right?" 
Ruthshalini: " yes.. She did why you ask?" She replies in a confusion.
Rahim: " do you know why she came here ?"
Ruthshalini: " no not exactly.. She left in a hurry " she says shaking her head lightly.
Rahim: " miss , who was the last person she talked to?" He says slightly swaying his head to the right.
Ruthshalini: " um from here it should be anaya " 
Rahim: " right.. Um Miss did you I don't know see someone here that seemed out of place? Or odd " 
Ruth kept her silence for a while as she thought. Her eyes contactless as she thought it over. A disappointed look covered her face.
Ruthshalini: " I'm afraid not I'm sorry " 
Rahim: " no it's alright Miss thank you " he says giving her a reassuring smile, he looked at her a few seconds and then looked away his eyes wandered to my face, I squinted my eyes at him in confusion he gently shrugged his shoulders , slight embarrassment was seen on his eyes as he smiles again as he continued walking away .I turned around to thank shalini and left to catch up with Rahim , who had already started climbing up the stairs. When I caught up to him , his mouth was wearing a slight smile. Confused at his sudden smiling behaviour, I ask him
" what's up? " , he simply shrugged and kept walking " do you even know where you're going?" . He stopped walking and looked behind and scanned the entire place
 " wait how'd I get here??" He asks me , his eyes crinkled as a confused expression covered his face. Twice as puzzled as he is stood me staring back at him I rolled my eyes and walked up to him.
Jalal: " never mind that are we going to talk to anaya? But I don't know if she would help us but I guess it's worth a try " , Rahim nods as we continue walking up , and through the empty corridors towards her bedroom. I gently knock the door , as no reply came by we open the door only to see anaya sleeping on her side. We both quietly walk up to her side and crouch down as I gently try to wake her up.
Jalal: " anaya.. Anaya... Wake up!" I shake her shoulder , she only got irritated and murmured something i couldn't quite here. As i Continue to shake her , soon enough she budged and we she did one of her eyes sharply opened , she gave us a deadly glare I look back to see Rahim completely take aback with her look.
Rahim: " how is it possible that the cutest item here is the scariest?" He says his eyes widened in shock. I gave him a uneasy chuckle , and I look back to see anaya staring right back at me.
Anaya: " what?!" She says in multiple greasy voice stuck in one voice. I hear Rahim gulp , wide eyed staring back at anaya who seemed awfully cross with us. I shake my head , and open my mouth to talk.
Jalal: " anaya.. Please get up we need ask something really important" she looked at rahim and back at me , and got up her hair down her elbow as she half sat up and nodded.
Jalal: " um rahim if you would.." I say starting him off.
Rahim: " yes right um.. So you were the last person to meet Miss rajput from here am I right?". She nodded and said " yeah it was me why?" She asked.
Rahim: " um I don't know how to put it .. But did you I don't know see someone rather out of place ?! Actually no tell me what exactly happened 
To the time she left.." He asked her , anaya once again nodded and stay up straight. And I grabbed two chairs from the nearby table and places it beside Anaya's bed as we both seated.

Anaya: " well.. For starters Jodha di was already hear when we all came , and we had a little talk and then well begum Sahiba wanted a file , but saumya di and Shalu di refused to go and take. So begum sahiba sent Jodha di and I guess I just followed her to jalal's Bhai jaan's room where the file was kept... And then " she stopped for a second as she stared at ground she seemed a little confused.

Jalal: " and then?" 

Anaya: " and then as Jodha Di was going through ur files cabinet , I don't know why after a while I heard her crying.." She said her forehead wrinkled in confusing. " crying?" I thought was it because of me? Most probably , a sting of guilt shot through me as I looked away.

Rahim: " hm. And then"

Anaya: " and then she handed me the file , to give it to begum Sahiba and tell everyone else she was leaving. And with that she ran out , I was a little worried so I ran behind her and outside the house , well I nearly caught up to her but then I bumped into someone and then it took us awhile to get back up again and then.."

Rahim: " who did you bump into?" He asks suddenly his eyes were darkening. I glanced back at anaya who seems confused by the question.

Anaya: " I.. I don't know I don't think I've ever seen him before " she says looking down in disappointment.

Jalal: " do you remember how he looked like? " I ask her , it was rather odd because all of the servants and maids here are well introduced us. And I don't quite remember recruiting a new servant , could this be the person who was keeping an eye on her?

Anaya: " sorry not really , I only helped him up and he left quickly "
Rahim: " was he limping anaya? She looked up and passed a suprised look and nodded.
Anaya: now that I actually think about he was limping " in a union second me and Rahim instantly looked at each our eyes grew wide , this person was around here for sure he was the person that did this. 

Jalal: " anaya.. Please try to remember how he looked like " I was desperate , I wasn't going to take a no for a answer I was gripped on the feeling of desperation.

Rahim: " that won't be necessary " he says as he rose to his feet, 
Rahim: " I assume you have security cameras operating around here?" He says staring at me.

Jalal: " um yeah we do.." I knew where he was going with this ,
Jalal: " I will contact the operators right away" I say pulling out my phone from my pant pocket.

Rahim: " thanks kiddo you helped u quite the bit " he says his eyes looked relaxed but somewhere.. You could see the tension on his face.
I thank anaya as well , and we both walk out of the room closing the door behind me as I go through the contact ,list i gradually walk slower and slower trying to find the God damn number. 
Rahim: " well.. This is something I reckon we should have a talk with the Rajputs as well who knows " he says walking already walking down the stairs. 

Jalal: " hm yea u agree " I say nodding to him
Rahim: " mm I doubt this is a time to go right now it' already half past ten , but I'll give mr rajput tonight " he says looking down on his phone. It's already half past ten? , the corners of my eyes blurred as I continued to scroll down the contact list. I walk up to him , only realising we were talking about this matter for hours , I've forgotten he hadn't eaten anything.

Jalal: " hey... You haven't eaten anything for hours , and I've forgot about that do join for dinner " I say standing beside , he looked up and grinned.
Rahim: " oh it's perfectly fine Jalal don't sweat it I'll go home and eat something "
" no.. That wouldn't be quite right now would it?" A feminine voice said from behind , rahim looked at me as if I had spoken that he then looked behind my shoulders , and his eyes gleamed , and his mouth curved into a smile out of nowhere , if I had seen this right his cheeks had a shade of red " wait what?" I follow his gaze and see ruthshalini there, with both of hands balled into her fist on her sides.  She walked towards us , 
Ruthshalini: " come on please stay for dinner atleast ", rahim didn't speak for for second he just stared at her with a smile, between these two stood me confused at rahim's sudden behaviour.
Rahim: " um yea , if you insist " he replied , ruthshalini gently smiled in a approval.
Ruthshalini: " and Jalal you are joining us right you look awfully tired " she says worriedly.
Jalal: " no.. I mean I will eat later there's something I need to do " I lie to them , I wasn't in a particular mood to eat my entire throat tasted bitter and I really didn't want to talk to Adham Bhai about tommorow. I glance back at ruthshalini who seems disappointed, and nods hesitantly.
Rahim: " um are u sure?" , I nod at his question with reassuring look.
Rahim: " if you say so.. Well I'll come around here in the morning and we'll both go to the rajput haveli. Shalini and I passed each other a worried look.
Jalal: " um Tommrow yea.. Um maybe not too early in the morning , there's something going on in the morning , but I'll make sure I have your necessaries done ". As Rahim was going to ask further I quickly exchange a goodbye and he hesitated for a moment and said a goodbye to me , as I watch them both walk down the stairs , I glance at them one more time and head to my room.

( yea um guys just so you know um I'm doing a little rahim X ruthshalini shipping here so yea there will be moments hehe, and during their convo you'l, find out something hehehehπŸ˜†πŸ˜†)

( ooo and also you guys I don't think I've told you guy their age so let's make it up okay , coz yeah it doesn't make sense when you do the math , but then again this story story doesn't make any sense lol , um so 
Jalal's age : 24
Jodha's age : 23

I know I know it doesn't make any sense when you do the math please bear with it 🀣)

Rahim POV 

What was it he was hiding?, it was almost as if he ran away from my questions. I desperately wanted to ask ruthshalini about it but , I felt if it would be to nosy of me to do so. I steal a glance at ruthshalini who was serving me the food , she was so beautiful I found myself smiling she caught me staring at her as I looked down on my plate , too late Argh.
Ruthshalini: " is everything okay? " she asked gently seating herself to chair opposite me.
Rahim: " uh yea.. Everything's just fine miss "I say as I take a spoonful of fried rice into my mouth. 
Rahim: " um Miss I was wondering what's goin on tomorrow?" , I place my spoon down and look at her , as her eyes looked a little taken aback with a sheer for sadness took over. 
Rahim: " I'm sorry miss it isn't really my business I apologise for asking" I say guiltily ' way to go rahim' I cruse myself.
Ruthshalini: " no.. It's fine , tommorow is... The 8th year death anniversary of jalal's dad". her voice ever so choked , her eyes were watery 
As she looked down
 . As for me I felt terrible , I wanted to say something comforting to her. How could I forget that? Humayun Mohammad's death the ever so humble man , I grit my teeth for being so stupid enough to ask that.
Rahim: " Miss... I- I'm so sorry... I didn't " my sentence broke away , by her.
Ruthshalini: " it's fine don't worry too much" she says putting on her best smile in her saddened face. I still felt guilty so I kept my silence, for a while and begin again " Miss".
Ruthshalini: " you are well aware of the fact that I do have a name" she laughing a little but the corners of her eyes were wet, but her voice ever so gently spoken. 
Rahim: " uh.." I say uneasily 
Ruthshalini: " my name is Ruthshalini you know but call me shalini " she says with a smile. Was she telling me to call her by her given name? I suddenly felt the heat rising in my cheek as I felt awfully awkward.
Rahim: " um right Miss.. I - I mean" I heard her giggle , " it's not impossible you know" she says still giggling. " just call me shalini it's not that hard". She says her eyes gleaming expecting me to call her by that name, I stare back at her light brown eyes , complementing her fair complexion her hair was jewelled up in a braid. " shalini" I call her as she smiles back.

Jalal POV 

As I finished calling up the cctv camera operators, I sit down crossing my fingers together leaning forward. Shots of pain stung me as my hand was exposed .I felt uneasily dizzy as they room before me blurred out a bit. My head began to throb in a jerking speed and pain.I closed my eyes and all I saw was " her". I need to see her , I can't loose her , I can't afford to do loose her just like that. but something tells me that I will meet her again. Which makes me wonder in the end of all of this , she'll never come back to me no matter how much I wished
Maybe that was for the best , maybe one day she'll get married to someone else , and everything inside of me will die seeing that. 
But even so she'll still be my priority, I promise I'll find you Jodha.

~Midst of the Kabul forest...

I heavily open my eyes , opening just one eye was so painful. My head felt like I've been crowned with thorns. My entire body shivered in fear and pain , I was scared , I was scared to open my eyes. My throat was perched everything about me , cried and screamed in pain for the last 3 days. These people were beasts , " Jalal" I whisper as a tear slide down my face.

Flashback.
I writh in pain, as I slowly look up to a place I did not know, my surroundings puzzled me. " where am I?" ,  i look to my left and right something stayed tightly around the side of my mouth I looked down a little to see a cloth around my mouth , pulling tightly at the edges of my lips . I tried to move away I felt fear rising up in my body I didn't not know what I was doing here. My hands were tied onto the chair I was sitting , as I breathe heavily. I tried to wriggle my hands out , as it stayed clenched on to my wrist as I felt my blood hot , my neck strained and the cut on my faces and neck shot up pain , a rope was tied on my chest making it so difficult to breathe I found myself trying to breathe , gasping for air I grunt , I hear footsteps coming towards , my heart felt heavy my cheeks burned as he comes closer to me coming out of the shadowy form. He walked closer to me as he scoffs. I squint my eyes , as sweat dripped down my forehead.
Unknown: " well.. Finally the sleeping beauty had awaken , you slept well?" He asked in a mocking away , as I move my shoulders. The man comes closer to me , as I move my face away from him in disgust. He smelled of wet stones and metal. He rips the mouth cloth with yank as I let out pained cry. I press my lips together still keeping my face away from him. 
Jodha: " don't touch me" I warn him , he grinned in a dodgy manner as he slides the back of his index finger down the side of my face. It disgusted me as i closed my eyes tightly. " don't touch me" I say chocked
He cups my chin with his fingers , and brushes the top my chin with his thumb. He leaned into my ear lob like a snake , " I'm gonna make Jalal pay". My eyes widened , 
Unknown man: " I know , that you are well aware of where jalal's current location is ?" He moved away from my ear , and standing up straight again why did he want to know?.  I flicker my eyes , my heart was beating loudly against my chest. Anxiety curled into my stomach there was no way I going to tell him whatever the reason was. I grunt again , as my wrist felt like it was cutting itself , a scent of blood reeked through my nostrils. I keep my silence , still refusing to look at him biting the inside of my cheeks to stop myself from crying in pain. 
Unknown: " listen I don't have time for your attitude , just tell me where he is and I'll let you free". He says with a clear annoyed tone.
Jodha: " like hell I would say it to you " I reply , whatever the reason he had to find Jalal clearly looked like they didn't have a pleasing history. He crouched down , only making my heart beat faster yes I was scared. He harshly grabbed my chin in order to make me  look at him. His hands were rough as he makes me look at him. I stared back at his dark eyes , 
Unknown: " listen love , it would be such a shame for a pretty faced girl like you to get murdered don't you think?". I gulped down , I shivered my lips quivered my eyes widened .A chill froze the back of my neck The fear in me only rose I was more scared to speak but I'm not going to tell anything. Which only made him angrier by my long silence.
Unknown: " I can not believe you're not telling me , he doesn't care one bit about you , Infact he hates you why are you protecting him?" He says standing up and pushing my chin away in a jerk. He was right , Jalal did hate me but I'm not going to let this man come near Jalal.
Unknown: " after all he said , after all he did that night you're still desperate for him , it's pathetic he could care less if you die ". As he went on , he was right I was desperate for him even he didn't care about me. More over I wanted cry so badly all of the things , he went on it got to a point where I could not hold it in but I bit my lip as hard as I could to stop myself from crying in front of him. " it hurts Jalal".

Flashback ends.

As two days went on , so did the tortures and so did I find out much more . This man he wanted Jalal dead as far as he is concerned, he wanted to murder him with his own hands. This man , was tearing me apart mentally with his words ,  his rough hands ever so harshly placed on me when he raged. As for me my stomach clenched , my heart felt as if it was filled with ice. I wanted to break down all my defences and cry, but I couldn't I just can't.

Once again , his footsteps echoed through the long corridor this place it seemed as if it was once a mansion. Smell of death was reeking through the walls. The footsteps matched with my own heartbeat , I could hear my pulse in my ears I looked down staring at my bare feet dirtied.

Unknown: ah you're awake again , I've some pleasing news for you ". He says in a mocking manner. 
Unknown: " refusing to hear me out , are you now?" He says , as he laughs a greasy laugh.
Unknown: " all right then... Perhaps this will grab your attention... Jalal has returned back to India". I stared down frozen horror as I slowly lift my head to stare at his face who had an ugly grin on his face. " no" I whisper.
Unknown: " oh yes , I pity him he's been devastated by your so called death ,he's desperately looking for you ."
I stare right at , him my breathing became slower and faint.

Unknown: " and here I thought , he would care less about your death but don't get all too welled up in joy , this is advantage for me.. Now he'll stubbornly do anything to get you back now wouldn't he" he says his mouth grinning in such a ugly manner , I knew where he was going with this.He cares for me? It took me a second to realise what he had said after that " please don't" I whisper to him , my voice sounds as if it was rasped with glass. He snakes up to my earlob again " I will kill that bas***d " he says in a gritting tone , he moves again from me and has his head up high.

Jodha: " why.?" I ask him my voice was filled with tears , but I didn't cry even then.
Unknown: " because he deserves death.. " he says in a raspy tone , he turns on his heels and heads back. As he continues walking leaving me in frozen horror, he slight turns around and says " you're loving a murderer " he scoffs in disgust and continues walking. 

" murderer?" I sat there like a monument frozen, my breathing became fader by the second. 
" murderer?" I whisper again.

Edited by Divya879 - 9 years ago
mamtasingla thumbnail
i've just read all the chapters in one go and loved it. bt where is the chptr 21 and pm me too

Devilicious_ME thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Anaya13

lay a finger on her and I'll break ur face πŸ˜³

awww beti jaan😭
Divya879 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ...Shefa...

Waiting for your update.

lol its not exciting as you think it is🀣