Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Chapter 39

Rudra had to leave for home earlier than usual. The general had given him a earful for the interview, for being rash. He hadn't taken any action against him, so that was a good thing. His words made sense the more he thought about it.

Rudra, your are one of my best men, I need you to be focussed now that Tejawat is on the prowl again. The fair at Sanganer attracts lots of people from both sides of the border. The security at the border during these times are usually lax so as to make it easier for our neighbours. But people like him will use this to their advantage and escape. You have to be alert and ready for anything. Your eye should be on the prize, which is to capture Tejawat.

His superior was right, he had to focus on Tejawat and not be distracted by Paro. She had decided to move on anyway, the best he can do is capture Tejawat so that she can rebuild her life in peace. It hurt his heart that he won't be a part of his new life. The only way to win her back was for him to admit his past with Laila with all the gruesome details. But his own father didn't understand his reasons why would she. What if she thinks that the one woman who shared her body with him has a greater right to him? That would seem like the moral choice wouldn't it. No, its best that he keeps his shoddy experience to himself and let her move on. She had told him a long time back that this was a nightmare for her and she wanted to leave it all behind. Wasn't he a part of the nightmare, didn't he hold a gun to her face and torture her in so many ways after that? Maybe a fresh start was what she needed and he should just let her go. Let her live the life of her dreams. Paro considered him her rakshak, so that is what he going to be. He will safeguard her dreams and ensure she gets what she wants. And that means put Tejawat begin bars. He hated it when he was wrong and the general was right, he thought to himself as he drove into the Ranavat Haveli. Tejawat would know by know that the judicial procedures have been completed on the other side of the border and the army here was preparing for returning the Birpur girls home. He will use this fair to cross the border. He just needed to plan one step of him so that he can finally catch him.

He saw his bhabhisa when he entered going towards her room with a tray of snacks, she looked surprised to see him. "Devarjisa, you're home early today, shall I make you a cup of tea?" she offered. He declined assuming it was Shanti's snack time and told her he'll have it later. His head was pounding he felt like drowning himself in whiskey and hitting the sack. He couldn't reveal that though, he just told her he had a headache and wanted to lie down for sometime. She felt guilty at hiding the fact that Paro was here, but she wanted to know the girl was taking such drastic step. She told herself that he wanted to rest anyway and proceeded to her room. "Give me the cereal I'll feed Shanti," Paro asked her ignoring the samosas on the tray. She told her to help herself before they get caught. Maajisa made these samosas for Devarjisa as its his favourite snack. He has been feeling low lately, you wouldn't know anything about that would you," she prodded. Paro was surprised that Kakisa was taking efforts to cheer up Rudra, "Really, but these don't have potatoes in them. And I thought that was his favourite vegetable." Maithili remembered an old conversation where he was teased about eating potatoes when Paro cooked it even though he hated the vegetable. But now was not the time to reveal that little fact, the girl was still looked upset from the day she had. She took her hand and told the younger woman, "You know what my little sister says when I'm feeling low, le aatan paatan chuski phiske,moriya leja tu peer iski." Paro smiled hearing her Mamisa's words. Her sister assured her, "I know you are scared. But now your safe here. My Devarsa is a Major in the BSD, nobody will hurt you here. Don't worry so much." Paro remarked how her Devarsa was the problem as he kept his feelings to himself. She then told her sister everything that happened from the time she met Laila to yesterday's conversation with Rudra. Maithili sighed, this was such a mess. The entire family wanted to see Rudra happy and they could all see that it is possible only with Paro.

Meanwhile Rudra was happily downing a glass of liquor trying to forget his miserable day at work. Sumer barged in, "Rudra! I wanted to talk to you." He turned around and looked questioningly as his cousin deliberated if the drink would make him less violent or not. He offered a drink and asked, "Tell me quickly, I don't have all evening." Sumer gulped it and told him bringing her here was not his idea, she insisted and he couldn't say no. He didn't want to get in the middle of this but she was in trouble and needed help. Rudra calmly poured him another drink and asked him to sit down and explain things clearly. "I was with a tour group at the Hawa Mahal when Paro bhabhisa ran into me. She told me that a man who works for Tejawat was chasing her" he informed. Rudra looked at him without reacting though a thousand thoughts raced through his mind. Tejawat's men had spotted her, where was the guard appointed to ensure her safety. He wanted to rush out and check of she is alright when Sumer added, "Relax, she is fine now. She asked me to bring her home to you. So I drove her here. Look banna, I don't know what is going on but if she considers the place you live as home, it means only one thing." Rudra didn't want to listen further, he wasn't sure what Paro wanted and he had decided not to force her one way or the other. "Where is she?" he asked in an even voice. Sumer informed that she was with Maithili bhabhisa who wanted to talk to her and asked if he wants to go see her. "No, she knows the way to my room, she can come anytime she needs to," he said firmly. She was alright, that's what mattered now. Tejawat wouldn't dare attack her here. If he wanted to stay away from jail, he would plan on fleeing the country. He won't waste his time chasing Paro as he had fewer resources. Tejawat wasn't a common criminal he was a terrorist. He will want his revenge on Paro but he will wait till he has the means to exact it. Besides Paro could have called him, if she wanted. She knows well that he will come running to her rescue. If she is avoiding him, she would have her reasons. He wasn't going to force his presence on her. He had put his heart on the line here, the next step had to be hers.

In Maithili's room, Paro looked beseechingly at her Jeeja, hoping she had some words of guidance as to how to approach her Jallad. From the bruises on Sumer bhaisa's face she could judge that his indifference would stand as a wall between them if not his anger. "You know Paro, the first time I saw Rudra bhaisa, Maajisa commented that his eyes are exactly like her sister's. And everyday those eyes made her see him as her sister's image. But it took time for her to realise that he has inherited his personality from Thausa. The same sarcastic wit, same few but frank words, same quick to anger temperament. At the same time, he has the same loving heart which puts family first, who cares about his brothers, sister even the orphaned little girl who is now his niece. You know what I like best about Thausa, he never took another wife after Thaisa left. He doesn't know where she is, who she is with or whether she will ever come back. But he never gave her place to anyone else. That's trait your Samrat bhaisa also has which is why he loves me and stands by me even though I cannot give him a child of his own" Paro wiped a tear that fell on her sister's cheek. Maithili held her hands in her lap and told her softly, "Rudra bhaisa is like that, when he loves someone, its with his whole heart not half way through and move one when he sees the next pretty face. Believe me when I tell you this, if he ever loved Laila, he wouldn't have looked twice at you. So don't give up on him unless you are absolutely sure that he is wrong for you." Paro hugged her sister tight and hoped she could fix things soon.

Mohini found the two young women playing with little Shanti, Maithili was displaying how the child was saying her maasi's name, "Papo, papo!" in her little treble voice. She was disappointed when she was told the child's first word not addressing her father but her aunt. She was further annoyed when she saw that her beendini had sneaked in the samosas she had made especially for her nephew, "Beendini, did the samosas which were meant for Rudra's stomach make a detour here?" Her daughter-in-law replied that as there were plenty in the kitchen, she had assumed it wouldn't be a problem if a couple of them are missing. She added that her devarsa had complained that he had a headache and wanted to rest awhile. She assured her mother-in-law that she would take them along with tea shortly. "What will I do with this woman! She has no sense at all! Maithili did it occur to you that he may have a headache as he was hungry. He must have worked all day without taking a break for lunch," she yelled at her. Paro offered to take something for him immediately. "Like this, with your hair out of place and dirt and grime all over yourself? Why do you want him to go out with a gun and start shooting people?" she yelled at Paro this time. She asked them to stay right there and went out. The sisters looked at each other uneasily. Maithili felt guilty, was she going to be punished for ignoring their chores, it certainly looked like it. Mohini returned a few minutes later with an orange bandini saree and asked Paro to make herself more presentable. She left for her bath immediately before Kakisa yells a second time. Mohini waited for the sound of the water to be heard then pulled Maithili towards the closest chair, "Listen beendini, this is a matter of grave importance and I don't want anyone else to know about this." She nodded her head wondering what secret her mother-in-law was about to reveal.

"Maithili, six years back I brought you into this home as Samrat's wife. Since then you have done your best as the beendini of this family. You have taken care of the home and hearth, been docile and deferential to your elders, kind and considerate towards my children. But sometimes a beendini needs to step up and protect the family too, that's what I need you to do. I know your are as guileless as a lamb which is why I am warning you before hand. The others have more sense than you," Mohini told the bewildered Maithili. As expected her beendini who had never hurt a fly looked at her in all seriousness asking what must be done. She took a photo from an envelope and showed it to her, "This is Mala, she has been trying to contact your Bapusa asking for help. She is on the run with Tejawat Thakur, the same man who ruined your sister's life and the main suspect in Rudra banna's case. Beendini, at one point this woman was married to your Thausa..." Maithili gasped, "That's why she came, she is Rudra bhaisa's mother. Maajisa, she was here during their sangeet." Mohini didn't know what to say, her daughter-in-law continued, "Do you remember that day, I told you some lady wanted to meet you, but she had left before you came close. It was her," she said pointing at the picture. Why? What did she want? Had she left him behind all those years ago, what made her return? She pushed the questions out of her mind and try to focus on what Maithili was saying, "That day Devarjisa had bumped into her in a rush and I helped her up. Then I wanted you to greet her as I didn't recognise her. But when I brought you to her, she had left". Mohini held her tight by her shoulders and asked, "Did he see her? Did he talk to her?" Maithili shook her head and replied that he didn't seem to notice, it looked as if he was searching for Paro. "Good. So he didn't notice her, if he did, the earth under his feet would cave. Let him be wrapped up with Paro, till this storm passes. His mother's return will do this family no good, she needs to keep away from all of us especially from Rudra" she instructed. Maithili's news bothered her a great deal, who called her. Was her husband in touch with her all along information about them? Will she return the way her husband and son did? "Don't worry, Maajisa. I'll do my best to honor your wishes. I'll keep this from devarjisa," Maithili assured her. "Keep what from Rudra, jeeja?" asked Paro as she entered. The two women wondered how much she heard and Maithili replied, "Nothing baisa, Maajisa was telling me not to talk to him about your ordeal today. He doesn't usually respond very rationally when it comes to your safety." Paro was surprised, wasn't she supposed to tell him that Thakursa's men are still around. Mohini explained that she can tell her in a way that doesn't send him out if the house guns blazing with no respect for lives, his or anyone else's Paro understood and quietly settled down to play with Shanti.

After sometime, Mohini enquired if she informed her aunt about coming here. Paro tells her that she informed her uncle as soon as she got here and he will be coming himself to take her home. "Why did you trouble him beendini? Sumer can drive you back to Jaipur and hopefully he will stay there this time," Mohini remarked. Paro replied that the general wouldn't mind picking her up on his way back. Mohini rambled a bit about how Sumer comes running home every chance he gets ignoring his work. How she will have trouble finding a bride for him, if he is not responsible. She then sent both women to the garden at the back of the house along with Shanti, "The weather is very nice today, it will do the child some good to be outdoors. I'll send Sunheri up too when she gets here." Maithili proposed to do just that after giving her Devarsa his tea. Her mother-in-law surprisingly offered to do it herself and told them to carry on.

tinamehta thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
nice build up rithu. So Rudra is planning to confess everything to Paro. I am looking forward to how Paro will take it. I am liking this new mature Mohini. She has enough of her sass to keep her interesting without becoming negative. Sumer is turning out to be one funny dude. Will we see Rudra and Paro face to face next chapter?
prabha.abha thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
sumer is funny...waiting dear ...nice one 
custodian75 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Wonderful update. Rudra is back from work. Why is Paro not going to him. He seems to be waiting for her next move. Hope they will resolve their differences. Maithili nailed it when told Paro about rudra being a one woman man. 
seeta_naips thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hmm I like how Mohini is trying to protect Rudra

Can't wait for them meet
kulfi89 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I really luved d way u justified Rudra's character in maithili's words... it was totally acceptable... Y isnt Paro trying to talk to rudra.. wat is she waiting for?...
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: tinamehta

nice build up rithu. So Rudra is planning to confess everything to Paro. I am looking forward to how Paro will take it. I am liking this new mature Mohini. She has enough of her sass to keep her interesting without becoming negative. Sumer is turning out to be one funny dude. Will we see Rudra and Paro face to face next chapter?

Thanks Tina. He is not planning on confessing anything but will end up telling her anyway. Paro will need to channel her patience and understand him, if their relationship ever has a future.
Mohini is more interesting when you keep her smart and away from kitchen politics.
Sumer is best as the funny brother who can be counted on as the guy who will pull you out of rough spots.
Yes, Parud will meet in the next chapter.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail
@prabha.abha and Shafoo - Thank you for commenting 😊 Edited by rithureuben - 9 years ago
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: custodian75

Wonderful update. Rudra is back from work. Why is Paro not going to him. He seems to be waiting for her next move. Hope they will resolve their differences. Maithili nailed it when told Paro about rudra being a one woman man.

Thanks dear. Rudra is back but Paro is hesitant to meet him after seeing Sumer's bruises. She needs a pep talk from her jeeja. Rudra is aware that he is the emotionally weaker person so wants her to come and make everything clear. Maithili has a PhD on Parud, nobody understands them like she does.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: seeta_naips

Hmm I like how Mohini is trying to protect Rudra

Can't wait for them meet

Mohini has started to genuinely care about Rudra. Parud meet in the next update.