Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Disenchanted- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
Chapter 28

"There were sixteen brides before you, Paro. I had told you a long time back that nobody knew the fate of the girls. I went across the border and were able to trace some of them, seven to be precise. The rest have to be assumed to be dead. Five of them were forced into slave trade and made to work long hours in horrid conditions. Singh sir knows about this." The general confirmed this and said they were now negotiating with the neighbouring government to bring them home. They hoped that Geethanjali's NGO will be able to rehabilitate them if their families didn't step forward. Paro's joy knew no bounds, he had managed to find the missing girls. She just knew her jeeja was among them. She hugged him and sobbed, "Thank you, Rudra. I knew you would find my Nandu jeeja and return her to me." He released himself from her embrace and shook his head. "No, Paro your sister cannot return home, lots of things had changed," he said and a part of her died when he uttered those words. "The two most beautiful girls were sold to a dance bar and your jeeja was one of them. I don't know how she lived for the last year but a rich middle-aged man, Mr. Rusheed Khan, fell in love with her and married her. She later found out that he was already married and had fathered three little girls. He started a neglect his first wife as she didn't bear him any more children. He married Nandini now known as Nadia Rusheed Khan the hope that she will give him the sons he wanted. I just spoke to her husband now, he called to inform that his new wife was in the family way."

Paro thought over what he said as the general asked Rudra, how the whole Mrs. Parvati Rudra Pratap Ranavat story came about. He clarified "Mr. Khan was is orthodox man who wasn't willing to let us meet his wife. When I became certain that she was Paro's cousin, I introduced myself as her husband. This satisfied him and he welcomed me as a brother. Sir, I know this is a blatant lie, but I'm sure that Paro wouldn't mind if it meant that we can be sure of her sister's wellbeing. She is a victim of Tejawat's crimes too and that makes it our duty to ensure her safety."

Paro interrupted, "I want to meet her. You must take me to her." No, that was not an option for Rudra, had she forgotten how Tejawat blames her for his troubles and wants her dead. "He blames you too, when you are able to move on with your life why can't I? I'm tired Rudra. Tired of having a guard all the time, tired of staying at home. Did you know how much I had to beg to join Maasiji at the NGO?" she asked. He felt bad for her but her situation is not the same as his. He is a soldier and is trained to handle criminals and terrorists. He will be able to tackle anyone that attacked him. Besides she wants to cross the border and not just roam around Jaipur, she will be as vulnerable as her butterfly friend there and he won't be able to protect her to the same extent as it is out of BSD jurisdiction. Paro didn't relent, "How will I be in danger if I just visit to my sister? I'm not going to do anything more. Rudra, you know that after Mamisa's death I'm all she has left. Besides you helped capture all the people involved in this case over there. So who will want to hurt me there. Don't look surprised, Aman bhaisa tells me things even if you don't." Rudra was now irritated, why couldn't she just trust his word for once and listen. "Paro, enough. You are not going and I don't want to discuss this further" he said with an air of finality. Paro reminded him that she was not really his wife and she didn't have to listen to him. That little fact did not help his temper and he told her curtly even though that is true she did promise to just listen and not act on his news.

He knew he deserved the anger erupting in her eyes, he earned it. But that wasn't the only emotion he read in the soft eyes that he loved so much. There was also hurt that he kept this from her, pain that he wasn't letting her reach out to her cousin and regret that she couldn't celebrate her impending motherhood with her because of Rudra's cynical beliefs. Why can't he just accept that there were good people in the world who can be trusted. She looked around and realised how he took so long to accept his own blood. His mother seemed to have taken his trusting nature with her when she left. There was no point discussing things with Rudra, he wasn't being reasonable, she had to wait till he calmed down. But she also had to find a way to meet Nandu jeeja somehow and she had to do it without antagonising him. Nadia, it sounded strange to her ears. But if she is content with her lot, as a sister she will be happy for her too. She said her goodbyes to the Ranavats and got into the car. The general told Rudra to meet him the next day at his office. His wife was disappointed too, she had made so many plans for the two of them. She gave them all a sad smile before getting into the car.

Dilsher was the first to react to Paro's abrupt departure, "What is wrong with you? Why did you hide news of her sister like that?" His son was more concerned about where Sumer disappeared. His uncle replied that he just left for Jaipur citing an early work day. Rudra left for the privacy of his own room and his father followed. "Don't ignore the question Rudra, you have made a habit of keeping things from her" Dilsher continued. Rudra didn't agree the letter was the only thing he hid from her on purpose. And that was because she had moved away without an address. Nandini's fate was still a confidential matter so he couldn't discuss it with anyone or share her phone number. Dilsher pointed out to his wardrobe where her red lehenga was peeping out and asked if he had an excuse for keeping her clothes with him too. Rudra looked at it, and her terrified face as he held a gun to her came into mind. He pushed it inside and shut the door. "Rudradev, if you want an honest relationship with her, you should stop hiding things from her" said his father and left him alone.

On the way to Jaipur, Geethanjali's heart ached for the young woman sitting next to her. She had started to weave her dreams around the major only to have it shattered. She knew enough about Paro's past to understand the effort it took for her to trust a man. She had worked with such women her entire life and helped them to rebuild their own little world. The hardest challenge for them was not to fall in love but to learn to trust that the man they are enamoured with will take care of their needs and watch over them. Though Paro maintained a positive frame of mind, it was her faith in Bholenath and sheer will that kept her going. She understood how fate played with both their lives and it wasn't really anyone's fault. But as her aunt she had to take necessary measures to mend her broken heart. She had to talk to her husband in private. "Maasaji, what happened to the other girl at the bar?" they heard her soft voice ask. He smiled and replied, she was the luckiest girl of the lot. A poet found his muse in her and they eloped to Lahore sometime back. Its what he wanted for his little girl too, he thought to himself. A life filled with love, joy and adventure, was what she signing up for the closer ahe got to Rudra. He was torn between being a concerned uncle and kind boss.

Samrat returned home after seeing his brother off at the bus stand. Maithili was singing a lullaby to their little one. "What a day!" he remarked. She told him that it must have been so much worse for Paro as she just found out that her sister whom she hadn't met in over a year, was living so far away and that she may never meet her again if devarsa has anything to do about it. "Maithili, that was always the case since her sister is married and lives across the border. Why is it Rudra's fault? He is just being cautious, that's all" he explained. Mohini entered their room at that moment and said, "Samrat is correct, I don't think Paro has even heard news of her sister after her marriage for so long. Why is she suddenly worried? Especially since we now know that she is married and expecting a child." Maithili replied that now that the intention behind the weddings is clear, she is worried about what cruelty her sister is facing. Her fears are natural. "You can defend your little sister all you want, beendani. But so far Rudra has so far done nothing but take care of her and her affairs, every step of the way. I know its not an ideal match for her sister as her husband is already married. But from what Rudra has said, it doesn't seem terrible either. It shouldn't be so hard for her to trust his words" Mohini defended her nephew. Samrat tried to pacify his wife, "Rudra has always taken care of Paro's interests. His heart is in the right place even though he doesn' show it. He will make sure that her sister is all right. Don't worry. I know you were planning on discussing their marriage again. Maasa, Bapusa and Thausa have discussed it too, maybe we can talk to the Singh family after things settle down" guessing that her sour mood transpired from not being able to discuss her sister's remarriage. Mohini confirmed this and added that they couldn't find another person more suited for Rudra. "Papo...Papo..." little Shanthi started mumbling in her sleep. Samrat told his mother that their daughter was trying to say Papa with fatherly pride on his face. Mohini was happy that her son was getting the simple moments of joy she wanted for him when he had a child of his own. She softly kissed the child's forehead and left the room. Samrat gently caressed his daughter's hair and let her cuddle into his arms as she slept. Maithili however had a lump in her throat as she realised, the child had said Paro not Papa. Just like the other morning, when she was in Rudra's room. This meant her devarsa was pining for her sister and had discussed it with the only person who will not tell a soul. She felt bad for the two lovebirds and prayed that bholenath will guide them back to each other.

Rudra looked at his glass, it didn't offer him the comfort that other patrons of the bar seemed to drive from the same amber liquid. He wanted to leave, but couldn't go home yet. Someone might still be awake, he didn't want any more questions regarding Paro tonight. He felt someone's hand hold his shoulders firmly as if they had a right to his person. "Laila" he said softly cursing his luck inwardly. She always managed found him when alcohol wasn't enough to drown his misery. There was a time when drowning in her arms was enough. He shrugged her off as he realised that this temporary comfort was no longer enough. He wanted more, he wanted to see his wife's bright face when he wakes up in the morning. He wanted to eat her cooking packed in a lunch box. He wanted to come home to her a hard day's work and just relax in her embrace at nights. And to him, the term wife always meant Paro, even though she was mad at him right now. She was the one. He had accepted it and will prove it to her too.

"Why are you looking for me so strangely? Who else knows when my Rudra needs support as he is falling apart?" she asked pouring more whisky into his glass. He pushed the glass side, "Go away, Laila" he told her. She was used to his rebuffs as she knew he won't seek her till he hits his own emotional rock bottom. She had enough time now that Paro was out of the picture, "You are still angry with me aren't you, for that poisoned Haldi. I'm sorry, I didn't know it was all an act. I was crazy with jealousy thinking that you cared for another woman. I should have known better it must have been some BSD matter. This janwar can be tamed by only Laila, Paro can't handle you" she stopped as she saw his eyes narrow and fists clench. "Ok, I won't talk about her. You must be hurt after she left you at the mantap listening to that Tejawat. Forget about her, come with me," she pulled his arm. He stopped her and asked her to go home. He had meant it that day, whatever relationship they shared was over. He cannot call her his friend after what she tried to hurt his Paro. "After the eight years that we spent together, I'm a friend and that village girl is what? Your what?" she was enraged. She felt insulted by his casual remark. She gave him the best of her and was willing to give him anything he wanted. But he didn't care, she was just a means to an end for him. "What do you think of yourself? That you are a regular man who can have a normal life? No Rudra. You are broken and empty inside. You can't make anybody happy. And girls like Paro won't look twice at you. Even if she does, can you settle down and raise a family with her? You have to love her for that and don't we both know you are not capable of that. After so many years with me you have no emotional ties with me, why do you think it will be different with her?" she asked. There was only one reason why it could turn out any different, if he cared about Paro. The only thing she wanted to know right now, yet afraid of the answer, did he love Paro.

custodian75 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
So Rudr did mange to find Paro's jeeja. But he his concerned for her safety to take her to meet her jeeja. But he has to let her meet her jeeja. She is the only living relative in the world and unless and until she meets her and makes sure that she is fine Paro will never find peace. 
Mohini has changed so much these past days. She is even supporting Rudr. 
Edited by custodian75 - 9 years ago
KhushiParo thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hi Rithu,
 nice update. Both are correct in their own POV like always ...
Glad Nandini is alive but it seems situation is not so good.πŸ˜”
Paro is mad at Rudra but I think she'll understands his fear that's why she wants to wait.
You need to bring Laila back sigh!πŸ€”
I hope Parud will talk soon and clear things and hope Rudra will cut Laila from his life forever.

πŸ€—
tinamehta thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I loved the way you built up the story to this point. So many things to look forward to. Rudra and Paro getting together, what will Laila do next. I always thought Laila had lot of potential but the makers didn't handle her characterization well. And Paro's promise to Maamisa that Major Saab will find her Nandu Jeeja :) how awesome.
kulfi89 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
So laila is back... wat is she gonna do next?... maybe she will tell paro abu their relationship... nd mohini is supporting Rudra... 😊... maithili finally got it.. Papo is paro... overall a nice update.. nd here i think paro is right she will definitely want to meet her jija... how can she just sit quietly wen she knows tht the only remaining family is out there somewhere😊
thakurpreeti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Dear Rithu, ur writing skill is superb , love to read ur story , thank u for pm, u always send me, nice update, Rudra n paro both are correct at their places n understand ravisher very well,
SPraba thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Lovely update rithu. Agian misunderstandings between Parud and both are correct in their own perspective. Well hope they do srt out things and glad to know Nandini is safe and alive. Cant wait to see how Paro manages to meet her jija cos it is right for her to meet her only living relative but how rudra will permit this is what we have to see
Oh god hope rudra just kicks Laila out of her life soon
Thanks for the update and pm dear😊
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: custodian75

So Rudr did mange to find Paro's jeeja. But he his concerned for her safety to take her to meet her jeeja. But he has to let her meet her jeeja. She is the only living relative in the world and unless and until she meets her and makes sure that she is fine Paro will never find peace.

Mohini has changed so much these past days. She is even supporting Rudr.

Rudra found all the missing brides who are still alive including Nandini. He is a little overprotective of Paro and doesn't realise how much she needs this.
I always wondered how things would turn out if Mohini and Rudra were on the same side, hence brought about a change of heart in her.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: KhushiParo

<font color="#cc0000" size="2" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">Hi Rithu,</font>

<font color="#cc0000" size="2" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">nice update. Both are correct in their own POV like always ...</font>
<font color="#cc0000" size="2" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">Glad Nandini is alive but it seems situation is not so good.πŸ˜”</font>
<font color="#cc0000" size="2" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif">Paro is mad at Rudra but I think she'll understands his fear that's why she wants to wait.</font>
<font color="#cc0000" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">You need to bring Laila back sigh!πŸ€”</font>
<font color="#cc0000" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">I hope Parud will talk soon and clear things and hope Rudra will cut Laila from his life forever.</font>

<font color="#cc0000" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif" size="2">πŸ€—
</font>

Thank you. Nandini is alive but not so good. More on her story in the next chapter.
Rudra is being overprotective because he thinks he has a good reason to and Paro won't accept it but will wait for him to come around.
I'm not a big fan of Laila but I felt Rudra ended things too insensitively on the show. A little maturity on his part would have helped, he did call her a friend once. I will try to keep her mischief to a minimum.
Parud will talk in a few chapters, till then let them muster the courage to admit their feelings.
-Disenchanted- thumbnail

Originally posted by: tinamehta

I loved the way you built up the story to this point. So many things to look forward to. Rudra and Paro getting together, what will Laila do next. I always thought Laila had lot of potential but the makers didn't handle her characterization well. And Paro's promise to Maamisa that Major Saab will find her Nandu Jeeja :) how awesome.

Thank you for commenting Tina. Rudra and Paro's journey will be a rollercoaster till they settle down. Laila is mot my favorite character, so she won't be around a lot. I added her in because I want Rudra to give her a better closure. Major saab did find Nandu jeeja, trouble is Paro can't meet her for now.