sweethoney06 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Why is it that often Asian shows are always having leaps?..I mean almost all the dramas i have seen they have leaps of about 2 years...1 year or even more? Why do u think that is?

Do u feel it makes the show better? Or does it make the show more dragged on or the show seems longer?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pj04 thumbnail
depending on the story i like/dislike the leap. when it comes to asian shows , the leap is there to signify some important point and not just drag the story . it could be to show
1) couple survives all odds
2) change of heart
3) preservence of love
4) destiny
5) love conquers all
6) life goes on....
7) the couple matures

in two of my fav shows there was a leap of 5+ years . in delightful girl...the story started with puppy love under difficult circumstances. the leap signified many things ...the leads had matured and become force to reckon, the antogonist does not get his way completely and is remorseful, none of the three are ready to move on hence the preservence of love.
in my lucky star , the hero is betrayed, he becomes a ruthless person who waits to take revenge, however when he sees female lead after 5 years , all he wants to do is hold her and his hate vanishes, he beguns to turn once more into nice person (love wins over hate). also the couple is initially brought together when hero is rejected by his first love and you wonder if he uses her as substitute because of his stubbornness and rebellious nature but 5 years in close proximity with his first love does not chnge his feelings for ah xiang (female lead) (preservence of love , destiny).
in hyd and goong series , the leap shows maturing of characters and destiny.
   for most part i think the leap adds an element of reality in the show

BengaliChica92 thumbnail
lol..I know realli Leaps are like sooo big in the all Aisan Drama. I dunt realli like leaps makes the show borinEdited by CrystalBue345 - 16 years ago
sweetsorrow18 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
interesting topicπŸ˜ƒ

hmm im personally not fond of leaps in dramas....somehow they magically change the person's personality and all of sudden, 2 years later, after agonizing and thinking of their love, do they realize how much they love them......ive only liked leaps in a few shows as puja mentions...delightful girl had the best leaps in them because they actually contributed to the character development and growth...it wasnt just throwin in there because things werent working out at the present momentπŸ˜† 
Naughty_n_nice thumbnail

Hahaaaaa, the only one i've seen, devil beside you... had a wierrddd leap πŸ˜› πŸ˜›
BengaliChica92 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Naughty_n_nice

Hahaaaaa, the only one i've seen, devil beside you... had a wierrddd leap πŸ˜› πŸ˜›

Devil Beside You had a leap....lol

Oops just notic, I didnt mind that leap

Fallen_Beauty thumbnail
it realli depends but sumtymzz it makes things go interestin nd sometymzz BORIN!!
sweethoney06 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Wow thank you guys for replying πŸ˜ƒ !!

Most of the leaps i have seen in the shows have been really unnecessary...like it just made the first realize they love some1 after the leap and or so..
@Puja: I agree Delightful girl was the only show i liked the leap in otherwise the others i thought were pretty unncessary!
ih8desippl thumbnail
so true leaps are in almost every asian drama! i think they put it there to show changes in each character! personally i think leaps are quite annoying! 😑