My Personal View & Scores on ALL the Performances! [Aug 9th/10th]

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Disclaimer: Other than 7 years of training in Bharatnatyam & 2 years in Bollywood, I don't have as much knowledge as the respected judges. No matter how biased they may be at times, they def know a ton more than I do. So this post is no insult to the judges or those individuals who have immense dance knowledge. I'm going to simply put my view forward. 
Also, I don't give out 10's easily. ๐Ÿ˜› And I judge classical dance forms on a more stricter basis since that is the form that I can connect with more and the form that I'm most experienced with.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Shakti & Tushaar: It was a nice act, but I didn't feel anything to it. I thought it could have been a whole lot better and innovative. But Shakti is Shakti. And Tushaar is Tushaar. Whatever they bring on stage is always eye-pleasing to watch.

Score: 8

2) Karan & Bhavna: I love Karan. He's amazing and when I see his journey from when he started to how he is now, it is truly commendable. He has improved so much and just that fact alone makes me a very proud fan. I enjoyed his act. It was creative having the background dancers as comedians. That was innovative. But I wouldn't rate it as high of a performance. I felt the choreography could have been stronger, otherwise the act itself was good.

Score: 8.5

3) Malishka & Her partner: No offense, but finally a deserving elimination. Didn't like her performance at all. Again its the same problem - no gracefulness, no dance purity, not the right expressions. I'll score her .5 higher than last week, but that's it.

Score: 7

4) Mouni & Punit: For a second, I'm going to put my dislike for Punit aside. Whatever issues I have with him are personal. This was probably the MOST creative concept I have seen on Jhalak so far. I LOVED it from beginning to end. And this is probably the FIRST performance that I think deserves the FULL MARKS!!! And trust me I hardly give out 10s unlike the judges. The two background dancers were so on point. We already know the abilities of Punit & Mouni. Obviously there were good, but this act the background dancers deserve the MOST praise. They were just amazing. Beautifully executed act.

Score: 10

5) TJ & Jack: Oh Jack. I love you. Whenever someone tries something out of their comfort zone, I'll love it. TJ did something that was new to her. Not being from the Bollywood background, she did a great job. It wasn't a perfect 10, but I'll cut her some slack because it was the first time she attempted such a dance form.

6) Kiku & Kruti: I'm loving Kiku more than 'Palak.' His real art is coming forward. It was a nice dance. Could have been better. Kruti is an amazing choreographer, so I know how well she can do. Just felt something was missing, but still a great attempt.

7) Akshat & Vaishnavi:  This little one is just out of the world. I loved his performance. It was so sweet and very heart-touching. It wasn't a perfect 10 because I felt like it could of had more dance elements, but other than that the theme, concept, execution, expressions were bang on by both of them.

Score: 9

9) Sophie & Deepak?: I guess I'll cut some slack here too, because of Sophie's injury. The dance was beautifully executed, except that slip up. The only problem I really had was the simplicity of the dance. So much more could have been done, but because of Sophie's injury Deepak was restricted.

10) Ashish & Shampa: The concept was great and I thought it was creative too. I felt Ashish struggling a bit in places like with certain lifts and dance steps. Otherwise the dance was great.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A special shout out to Manish, Colors, & JhalakDikalaJaOnColors - Thanks for all the retweets & love! The greatest thing for a fan is to be appreciated by the celeb. Love you for that Manish - India's most talented host/anchor!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Me_Anonymous thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I pretty much agree with your scores except for a few different ones:

1) Shakti & Tushaar - The concept was amazing. The execution was not. If Shakti hadn't mentioned they'd be making clocks, trains, work desk etc. I wouldn't have noticed it except for the train maybe. Tushar is very limited as a choreographer. He has an amazing celeb who knows dance and has the grace but his choreography lacks. Sorry, it may offend Shakti-Tushar fans but I haven't enjoyed any of their performances fully so far. A few performances have had bits and pieces that made me go "wow" but not fully. Feel free to disagree

2) Karan & Bhavna - The concept was nice. They could have utilisied background dancers more. It was the first time that I have seen comedians paid tribute to.

3) Malishka & Diwakar? - It was a good dance routine but nothing that made me sit up and notice.

Score: 6

4) Mouni & Punit - reminded me of Punit-Shibani lyrical-something Hip-Hop performance. Sometimes Punit comes up with excellent concepts and thankfully succeeds in execution most of the times. This was one of those.

5) TJ & Jack - I like TJ. She can dance and Thank God Jack tries something new each week. If I were voting, I'd vote for them. This performance was okay. Nothing extraordinary. Maybe Jack should have gone for a normal Bollywood number rather than the Item number.

6) Kiku & Kruti - finaly dancing as a guy. Palak was annoying. I was bored in this week's performance. I have seen other performances on similar themes which are more impactful but this wasn't.

Score: 6

7) Akshat & Vaishnavi - It was a good performance. Theme was good. Akshat is a good dancer. Sadly, I kept wishing the performance to end sooner. I remembered Bharti's performance (from JDJ5?) on a similar theme and that was more impactful than this one. Akshat has an amazing choreographer (watched his work in Nach Baliye). Wonder why this performance lacked that "something"...

9) Sophie & Deepak - reminded me of Salman-Isha Acrobacia performance (or Exotic Yoga in Karan Johar's words๐Ÿ˜†). It was okay. Background dancers weren't really involved in the performance as much as other performances this week. I guess Sophie's injury is limiting their options. Deepak is one choreographer from JDJ whose performances I look forward to.

Score: 7.5

10) Ashish & Shampa - what is wrong with Shampa? It happened in season 5 as well that about half-way through Shampa's choreography became lacking and its happening this season too. Who is interfering with her creative processes now or has she run out of steam?

LazyBing thumbnail
I mostly agree with your comments and marks for the contestants but this is how I feel:

1) Shakti & Tushaar: I think this performance of shakti and tusshar was their weakest one. I felt it wasn't to their standard and they could have had done much much better. Another thing I felt lacking was the concept which I wouldn't understand of they didn't show us the video before their act. Also it was a little boring to the eye. Shakti is the strongest contender so I expected a little more

2) Karan & Bhavna: the best thing about their performance is always their expressions which I think is the highlight of him being an awesome actor. It's always a treat to watch his performance (2nd fav after Ashish). But again last performance was better.

3) Malishka & Her partner: I know it will sound a little bit strange but I strongly felt that she was better than Kiku in the face off. It was her best performance. I don't know what it was but I enjoyed watching it. However I'm quite happy she went as she was very annoying.

4) Mouni & Punit: I am loving their performances. Seriously!! Punit has proved himself as a great choreographer. Last year with Lauren I felt that they were giving such good performances because of Lauren's innovative ideas but this year with mouni I am quite impressed. The concept itself was so beautiful and unique that even such a simple dance worked. They proved that background dancers don't mean to have 20 dancers behind them even 2 can work and it did. The lifts the expressions everything was wow. A perfect score .

5) TJ & jack: the thing I appreciate is that they tried something new and it was out of their comfort zone which not everybody manages to do so beautifully. But I felt that there was such glamour to TJ that I didn't even notice jack dancing with her. It was also the Bg dancers that I could notice jack. They were dancing with so much force. Jacks choreography for them could have had been better. They were seeking the limelight after TJ.

6) Kiku & Kruti: as you said Kiku is better than palak but still so annoying mainly hai expressions. I felt his dance was weak. There was more acting on his side than dancing . Same problem with them. I couldn't notice kruti again because of the Bg dancers. They were wearing so much and their costumes were so heavy. I didn't like the choreography. Overall, malishka deserved to get eliminated but purely on this performance, Kiku deserved to go out.

7) Akshat & vaishnavi: this was the first and hopefully not the last performance of his that I felt it was PERFECT! Amazing choreography. Akshats expressions were so overwhelming. Some of the lifts were beautifully done. The song suited the situation perfectly. It was damn good.

9) Sophie & Deepak: It was so close to a perfect f there wasn't an injury. The lifts were beautiful. Great use of Bg dancers. Beautiful water act. I felt sorry for Sophie when she fell down. I guess I the as slippery because of the water. The best thing is that they are taking risks and increasing their level. A good job.

Score: 9

10) Ashish & Shampa: I love this guy. However this performance wasn't their best. I've seen him doing better and also shampas choreography of a very high level. She is the best choreographer acc to me and this isn't her level. I'm feeling that as the weeks are passing her choreography level is decreasing. She needs to buck up! Ashish is such a strong contender being a non dancer and e can do much better if it's given to him. I hope next week it's at least a 27 from the judges !

DANCELOVE thumbnail
My personal score to the comments made above.
FIRST COMMENT: 3.Your CLAIM to be a trained dancer sounds pretty arrogant & from the likes of it quite BOGUS.From the marking you have given it seems you have an utterly bad taste in choreography or perhaps lack of any proper knowledge.

SECOND COMMENT: 0.From your grammar it obvious that you are none other than the same guy/gal who made the first comment.So I wouldn't bother wasting my time on you.

THIRD COMMENT: 3.The explanations for your marking are quite...weird.It reminds me of lame excuses people make time and again.Being different in opinion is one thing but being different just for the sake of it is entirely another concept.For you specifically,Punit pathak is a dancer of calibre lower than shakti(DID proved it) & a choreographer of calibre much much lower than tushar's.Most of his "brilliant" choreography ideas are copy paste of foreign dancing shows.Last year he had lauren to cover his ass,but before that all of his jhalak choreography was BELOW AVERAGE.The choreo of the episode you are talking about was nowhere "10".Mouni is a terrible actress(extremely bad facial expressions) & despite having some dance training,a bad dancer.Nobody that I know liked the performane of punit-mouni that you are so lovingly giving 10 & I,a dance teacher with 20 years of experience ,couldn't manage to sit through that performance w/o getting pissed.On the other hand,tushar-shakti performance was an amazing concept which needed a certain level of intellect.I knew from the beginning this performance was not for every tom-dick or harry.
I am no shakti-tushar fan.But what is wrong is wrong.