Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..oneOone.. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 9 years ago
Thank you everyone for the amazing feedback...
Really that meant alot <3
..oneOone.. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Part 17

Next day, Maan was getting dressed up to go to office but the events from last night were keep on jumping infront of his eyes. She had accepted his gift. He thought with a dreamy smile while making his tie. The day he saw her eying that sari on that pre wedding shopping, he was adamant to buy that in spite of Annie's opinion of it of being too dull, but she loved it and that's all what matters. He wanted to give everything she desires. He wants to give her the world.

Wearing his grey coat over the white shirt, he went towards the closet to take out his handkerchief along and pulled a drawer to take out his gold platted watch when his eyes fell on the small box. He bit his lower lip as an excitement surrounded him and his fingers touched the box before taking it out to open. His expectant gaze fell on the gold ring he had bought on the same day as of the sari. The simple yet elegant ring explains her nature to him. "One day, I will make you wear this Geet" He hoped and put it back carefully at the spot.

All were settled down on the dinning having their breakfast. Rahul stayed over last night and was joining them when Aryan's voice caught their attention. "Maan...You know my cousin Pratik...He is getting married next week.." "That's good...Its years I met him last" Maan replied knifing the egg and eating it with the help of a fork. "Yeah...so I need to go to Missouri...And I was thinking that I should also take Shaina with me...In this way she will meet the family too." Maan nodded carelessly while the girls share a stare and grinned. Aryan taking Shaina to meet his family was a big step indeed and it shows that how serious he was. His first two wives were hardly interested in meeting anyone of even his friends, leave family and even he didn't care. "Don't worry...Rahul and I can handle till then. You better go and enjoy" Aryan nodded and looked gleeful. "Oh no! You are too leaving?" Annie questioned up, taking others with surprise. "What do you mean by 'You Too'?" Aryan inquired. "Actually there is a fashion show in Bangalore for which I am invited. It will be for a week or so, depends on the audience response." Annie explained. She used to go on such events along with her friends and colleagues from the fashion fraternity. Annie put a hand on Geet's and whispered a small sorry. "I am sorry...I know I should have ask you to come along but I know that in between all these shows, I will be so occupied to give you some time". Now she was feeling bad that Geet has to stay all alone in the home but Geet gave her a warm smile in return. "No problem...Anyways, I will be accompanying Maan to the office in the mean while so I can get the knowhow of business and furthermore my exams are coming...and also I have to work on my final project so even if you had asked, I would have refused to go." She explained that put all in ease. Maan was happily surprised to know that Geet was planning to accompany him in office. Another way of God to help him stay close to her. God knows how much it killed him to stay away from her in the last one month. But now, he can surly hope for a future where they will be at the same level of emotions.

Later in the day, Geet helped Shaina pick out few dresses from the lot; she brought with herself in marriage that will go with the occasions of a wedding. "I think this one will look good for a mehndi function or even for haldi" Geet pointed towards a white and red lehnga having light silver work "And for baraat and reception?" Shaina said as she put the earlier decided dress in a carry bag. "I think it should be something heavy...It is going be my first appearance in his family" She was feeling jittery but excited at the same time. Geet noticed it and felt happy for her sister. "You are falling for him...aren't you?" She inquired softly but her words made Shaina stunned. She kept quiet and run those words through her mind before she whispered. "I guess...I am". Geet gauged her expressions before asking. "What about Maan? You started to love him before" Shaina shifted near her on the bed caressing the dress she was holding in her hand absent-mindly. "I don't think I loved him ever...even though I thought I do...But if this feeling is really so charismatic that I feel for Aryan...Then I guess, all I felt for Maan was an attraction..." She took a breath sighing before she started to speak up again. "You know, when we got married...I hated him...I hated the feel of being him...But he...From the first day of our marriage, he is nothing but truthful...He told me that he wants this marriage to succeed and he will do whatever it takes to make it work and expect me to to the same...He told me that he loved me right from the start and even though he was hard on me before but then I realized, it was for my own betterment...If he hadn't done it, probably I would have been still blaming you for this whole thing...I am sorry Geet..." She said from the depth of her heart. "I am sorry for doubting you...I am sorry that I...I never stood up for you...I am sorry that I let grandpa insult you..." Shaina pulled Geet's hands in her own ones. "I saw you always craving for his one word of encouragement, of love...but I stood at the side like a scene watcher...I am sorry" Geet shook her head and made the grip stronger on her hands. "No need to say Sorry Shaina...I always wished for a sister and if after all that, I found it in you...than i guess, it was all worth" Shaina smiled and hugged this girl, feeling so proud to be associated with her, if not by blood but by heart. "Now, I always want to see you smiling...You get that...No old talks" Geet warned making her giggle. "Ok" Shaina again started to do her packing while Geet helped her to neatly arrange the rejected ones back in the wardrobe. Shaina looked at her back and wished to God to bless her with immense happiness too. God knows, she deserves it the most. But will she take a step on it on her own? Hell no. As far as Shaina knew her, Geet will not take the first step even if the love will walk to her from the front door. Someone has to push her.

"Geet" She decided and called up her once again. "Hmmm" Geet replied distractingly while arranging a pile in the wardrobe. "Can't you forgive Maan and move on in this relationship with him?" Geet kept her silence on her question and that made Shaina push her more. "If you can give me a chance after everything I had done to you...Can't you give Maan the same chance...One chance..." She pleaded. "It's not the same thing Shaina..." Geet replied in a curt tone, making her see that this discussion was over and started to move towards the door but Shaina got up and stopped her. "Ok, Ok...I.am sorry...I just wanted to make sure that you are not angry to him cause of me or the way he made me marry Aryan...I want you to forgive him if this is the reason cause unknown to him, he did m a great favour. I wouldn't have found this once in a lifetime kind of love if he hasn't done it..." The sincerity in her eyes and voice was a clear indication that she is speaking the truth. "And if you are angry to him with the way he married you...Than you do have a right to stay angry but somewhere, I feel that he likes you...He likes you all through...Aryan told me that last few years, he only spend with the hope that he will find you...And you do know it very well that love do make you selfish at times ...Otherwise You would never have put up with Grandpa's anger all through those years". Shaina saw her deep in thoughts and knew, Geet will surly give her words a thought.

Next day, early morning, Shaina and Aryan left for Missouri in their car. Annie had to leave for Bangalore at 1pm so Maan and Geet volunteered to see her off till airport. As soon as they reach, they got to know that the check in has already started so Annie wished them a quick farewell and hugged them. "I hope everything will be fine till my coming back" Maan just patted her head with a smile. He wanted to tell her to not hope for too much, that no matter what, he won't push Geet for anything but then, he didn't want her to lose that smile. Kissing Geet's cheek, Annie went inside to check in. Geet saw her disappearing into the crowd and turned so they can go back but Maan stood at his spot. Before she could question him, she saw Samar(bodyguard) coming up to Maan, pulling a carry bag behind. "Make sure she will stay fine..." Maan warned. "Don't worry Sir..." Samar replied. "Your ticket is at the counter as per usual..." Samar gave a final nod and get in. Maan turned to Geet who was looking at him with a raised brow but for the time, he ignored the questions in her eyes an moved outside.

"So what are you planning to do today? All alone..." He inquired in a good hearted way to Geet who just sat in the car beside him. "Nothing planned till now...I was just thinking to complete the project...only final touches are remaining...and then I will take a nap and later, I might would bake something to pass the spare time...if left" And God knows, after the sleepless night of yesterday, she badly needed that sleep. Shaina's words have somewhere brushed a string in her heart. She observed and re-observed Maan's behaviour in the last one month. He was everything, he was before they parted. Caring, supportive and dependable. He tried his best to make her feel comfortable in the new environment and has not forced him for anything. Isn't he the friend she had grabbed for the half of her life? Isn't this friendship is what she missed he most. She remembered that when day before yesterday, she had accepted his friendship once again, there was a lightening in his eyes. As if...As if he go alive once again.

Maan smiled on hearing her schedule and broke her train of thoughts by saying. "That seems like a lazy plan". Geet just rose up her shoulders in reply while a hesitant smile was placed on her lips. "Ok..as its lunch time...Would you mind eating somewhere with me before I drop you off to home and go back to office. "Hearing about lunch made her realized how hungry she was. In the morning, she didn't feel like eating much to her appetite "I guess...That will be great" She patted her hungry tummy smiling, Maan turned the car towards his Delhi hotel Branch which was having a very cozy and well interior restaurant in the Ground floor. Beside keeping the hotel well furnished, Maan had made sure that an equally well restaurant and basement wedding halls are also well managed and elegant..

All were alert, as soon as his car entered the hotel premises. From valet to the doorman, all corrected their attires and a quick Red Alert was sent to the other hotel staff members. Those, who were away having their lunches, heard the siren and rushed back to their places and those who were on duty, made sure that its well done and the area is clean. The surprise visit surely took them with a Surprise.

Geet looked at the tall 42 story building with such an amazement that she totally skipped to read the name.. "Maan...This looks like more of a hotel than a restaurant..." Maan smiled and stop his car right in front of the main glass gates. The valet rushed to open the door of the passenger side after wishing a quick Good afternoon to his boss who had got out but rose up his hand to stop him in his tracks. He rounded the car and opened the door for her like a true gentleman. Smile doesn't seem to get away from his sweet lips from the last 30 minutes. Geet got out and moved towards the entrance as Maan hand over the keys of his BMW to the valet and followed her.

Mr Purohit greeted him on the entrance itself with his ever so big belly. "Welcome Sir...Good Afternoon...What a pleasant surprise" Maan rubbed his temple and looked back at Mr Purohit with a mock look. "I perfectly know what kind of a surprise it is..." And he took out a tissue from his trousers pocket before pushing it towards him. "Wipe your face...there is still some ketchup stains on your chin". Embarrassed, Mr Purohit quickly took the tissue and wiped his face. "I am sorry Sir ...It won't happen again" He stuttered while replying as Maan gave a curt nod. Geet silently watched the whole scenario and wondered what he is up to. "Good Afternoon Sir...Maam" A passing by cleaning staff member wished and get away. And that's when Geet read the name of the hotel written on the wall behind the reception. Khurrana Hotels. "It is Maan's hotel" She thought with widened eyes and looked back a Maan who was passing glares at Mr Purohit and the poor man was sweating badly infront of him.

"Maan" She took pity on the manager and distracted him and that did the trick. "Aren't we going to dine? I am pretty hungry" "YES..." And ignoring everything around, Maan lead her towards the restaurant which was mostly secluded except few tables which were occupied by the guests of the hotel. Maan pulled a chair for Geet but she settled on the other side and scratching his temple, Maan sat on the place. He wouldn't feel bad about it. He will be happy with whatever she could offer now. The restaurant manager personally sees them and came up with menus. It's for the first time; Maan brought a woman with him and was dining in the restaurant. They need to extra careful.

"What will you take?" Maan questioned as he put away his menu card. Geet was going to the menu and was getting confuse. The menu was filled up with Thai, Italian, Chinese and Desi food. She looked up to see Maan's raising eye and she put her menu away. "It's tough to choose" She could only mutter that instantly made Maan laugh, throwing his head back. "Sir, why don't you check Chef's special?" The manager spoke and Geet quickly agreed with it. As the manager left, they heard a commotion from a corner and Maan left to check on it. Geet looked around the restaurant and couldn't help but feel proud. He has achieved so much on his own self. All she remembered from before was a 14 storey building of Khurrana Hotel that was used to be run by his father. She Annie and Maan would use to go their sometimes and have fun. Sometimes, they used to do help of the two chefs that the hotel used to have. That's from where she developed the interest in baking.

"Sorry...Just some employees fighting over petty issues" Maan said apologetically and in the meantime the manager served them the food. The fragrance of the lime and crispy chicken with baked potatoes made them start on the food right away. "It's great to see you being so successful Maan...Aunty Uncle must be so proud of you" Geet said with sincerity. Maan smiled feeling extremely elated at her reorganization. "Thank you...It was a long journey but I am glad that I got some sincere friends...plus, I had Annie to protect" Maan replied remembering old days. Geet nodded, wondering how a mere boy of 18 years fights from the world to make up his own name. And then something clicked in her mind and she rose up her eyes to look at him with a frown. "But now, don't you think that she is old enough to take care of herself... Why you have to send that bodyguard behind her?" Maan stopped eating and took a gulp of the 7up served along with food. "Its necessary...Earlier, it was to protect her from this world but as we progressed in this business, we surly had made some bad opponent if not enemies. So I have to make sure that she is safe wherever she goes" Maan replied. "But don't you think you Overdo.it sometimes...Doesn't Annie mind this over possessiveness? Cause surly, I would never tolerate such thing in my life" Geet questioned making Maan flinch a bit but he controlled his expressions. "She used to crib in the start but now, she knows that she can't help it...After losing Mom and Dad, she is all I had in my life and I don't want to take risk...In between, had you realized that all through our morning ride and then ride from airport to here, there were my bodyguards who were following us?" He asked grinning and that left Geet shocked as she shook her head in no. "That's how they do their work mostly...Most of the time Annie is not even aware of their surroundings...but I feel confident that she is safe and in my care. I will never keep her away from the fun of life but that fun should always be in limit." Geet nodded and kept munching on her food, thinking about his words. His fear is what is making him cautious. He is afraid to lose his loved ones. And then a thought strike her as she looked up at him once again. WAS THAT THE SAME FEAR WHICH MADE HIM MARRY HER?

Maan later on made her see the vacant rooms of his hotel. Each one was designed differently from the other one but had the aura of peace. The colours were a mixture of bright and dull but were incorporated well to make it look eye pleasing. Geet adored each room and that made Maan felt extremely happy. All his hard work seemed worth to get acceptance and reorganization by her. Though many people praised him over the time but her praises, were different. It was from her heart and made the way to his heart. Maan was about to take her to his pent house but was stopped by Rahul's call. There was a meeting which he had to attend so he rushed back home to drop Geet before making his way to the office. But all through the way, a smile was lighting up his face. The moments spend with her today seemed to have made up for all the loneliness, he had to bear all through past years. And then he wondered. Was this the first step of them together towards a happy future?

The question of whose answer, he surly wants to know much sooner than later.

Edited by ..oneOone.. - 9 years ago
honeygrape thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
😃😃
glad to ssee the tiny improvement in their relation...glad that all are away from them...May be this will defo help them come closer to each other...Thanku for the part..do continue soon
Edited by honeygrape - 9 years ago
chavvi16 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
am sure it is a start
yes dear he is afraid to lose you
not when the poor man just found you
so maan cant help be over possessive of his loved ones
s it is he has just you and annie as his family
with of course aryan and rahul
but they he knows can take care of themselves right
awww so its beautiful start
its getting somewhere
i think she will give them a chance
so no shaina or annie
just the two of them in the end of it
well this sure is interesting
nice lunch date
its a date right
i think so seems like it
awww so cute
one day maan she will give you the place in her heart that you want
if she doesnt already but doesnt know about
what a day right
but am glad they are moving on
-Ratzz- thumbnail
sweet update love this lunch date
DimaagKaKeeda thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Maan is so so madly in love with Geet. His simple reason to get her that saree just cos she liked it, just warmed my heart.

And Shaina, that girl has changed so much, of course for good. Though i never thought her to be so mature n understanding but only she has the power to make Geet see those things which at this time no one has. And m glad she asked Geet to move on n give a chance to Maan that too by giving Geet a example of her own craving for their grandpa's love. And her assurance n seeing her so happy in her own married life with Aryan, does made Geet light at heart. Cos i believe Geet was somewhere blaming herself for the sudden changes in Shaina's life as well n for all she went through. But now seeing Shaina falling for Aryan does made Geet's life a lot peaceful n she got rid of that guilt she was living in and a whole of a burden is of her heart now. M happy for Shaina n Aryan.

About Maaneet moments, they were just mind blowing. Cos of Shaina, Geet was forced to see things from Maan's perspective. Maaneet are almost back to being that old friends they once were. And that is clearly seen on Maan's face in the form of that smile that dint vanish even for a minute. It was great to see him smiling all through the day after seeing her proud of his achievements n appreciation in her eyes for him. Loved Maaneet's conversation in hotel n Geet getting to know The MSK. Thoroughly enjoyed the update. 

-Sanjana!
fict thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Loved the update. Maan is taking everything slowly and giving Geet all the time to accept the relation
sporthy_smile28 thumbnail
It's always great to know your friends achieved so much in their lives isn't it? ðŸ˜ƒ
Lovely part...
So Geet is trying!
Intresting. ..
Waiting for the next! 
Downhill thumbnail
simply superb
loved it=
Craziest_MG thumbnail
good to see they're spending time with each other ...and even conversing

Nice update