waiting for the next chap 😊

Thank you dear 😃😃
You are not at all late 😊
Hmmm... their meeting and their relationship is gonna be interesting as will 😉
Will update soon dear 😊
Celestia3 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
wow a different one...ashlok writers...waiting to see their meeting..update soon
cid_duo thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
awsm yaar
totally a differnt concept
shlok writer...hummm
nice approch
gud luck dear
n sorry for late reading :-)
Optimist_d thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ..optimist..

Thank you very much for this lovely post!!! 🤗
thank you very much for the lovely response!!!🤗

lachii thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Nice start and a different concept
..optimist.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: hashima

wow a different one...ashlok writers...waiting to see their meeting..update soon

Thanks hashima!! 😃
Will try to update tomorrow 😊
..optimist.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: cid_duo

awsm yaar
totally a differnt concept
shlok writer...hummm
nice approch
gud luck dear
n sorry for late reading :-)

Thanks so much Deep!! 😃
You are not late yaar...

Hope you are fine!!
..optimist.. thumbnail

Originally posted by: lachii

Nice start and a different concept

Thanks a lot Sonia 😃
..optimist.. thumbnail
Will update in a few minutes 😃
..optimist.. thumbnail
Hi all 😃 Thank you very much for the love 🤗 I am glad to see your response 😊 So here's the next update... Hope you like it 😃 Please ignore mistakes!

----------------------------------

Link - CHAPTER 1

I HATE YOU!!!

CHAPTER 2

Aastha reached Nakul's office at 9:00 am as decided. She was carrying a small handbag with her just enough for a month's stay at Panchgani. Nakul first checked and verified her identity. He checked the print of the appointment letter Aastha was carrying. After he was assured that this lady was Aastha Kirloskar, they both left for Panchgani. There was a driver with them. Nakul sat in the passenger seat in front and Aastha sat on the back seat. Being the only female in the car, she was feeling a bit insecure though she knew there was nothing to worry. Nakul was a very nice gentleman and anyone would feel comfortable with him in the first meeting itself. Aastha was silent. Nakul asked her whether she had met Shlok Agnihotri before. She told she hadn't and she had only read about him and seen his photo in the newspaper. She also told that she had read all of his books and she loved his writing. Nakul smiled. Aastha guessed that Shlok Agnihotri must be a very gentle, understanding, calm person. Nakul laughed at her guess. Aastha gave him a confused look.

"Miss Aastha" said Nakul, "Don't judge Mr. Shlok on his writing!! He is totally opposite of what you have guessed!!"

Aastha just stared at Nakul as if she got to know some grave truth just now. Nakul smiled and said, "Don't look at me like that please...! Shlok Agnihotri is not that bad a person!" he laughed and further said, "Don't worry Miss Aastha, I think I scared you! Look, I don't want you to face any problems during your internship, so I just warned you. The experience of the previous interns with Mr. Shlok was not so good, you know"

Aastha's eyes widened. Not so good? All weird thoughts flushed into her mind... "Oh my God!! I would be staying with that man in his bungalow for one month... A single lady, all alone... with a guy... one month!!" Nakul could see the fear on Aastha's face. He was trying to guess what she was thinking, when she asked, "How can I stay alone with him? I mean... I can't... I..."

Nakul understood what she meant. He assured her that there was no such problem with Shlok. Shlok maintained a purely professional relationship with his interns and he stayed as away as possible from the interns. "And yes, you won't be alone there... Kaveri Mausi will be there with you. So there won't be any problem!" said Nakul.

"Kaveri Mausi?" said Aastha.

"Yes, Kaveri Mausi... She is the most loving and caring woman I have ever seen!" replied Nakul. "She is the caretaker... And she will take very good care of you too...!!" he said with a wink.

Aastha felt somewhat relieved.

Kaveri Mausi was looking around for Shlok. She went to his room and saw that the door was closed. She knocked on the door and called out to Shlok but there was no reply. She opened the door and saw that Shlok was still sleeping. She smiled as she sad beside him and caressed his forehead.

"Shlok?" she said gently. Shlok just groaned in reply. "Wake up beta, it's already 9:45!" said Kaveri Mausi, "The intern will be reaching by 11... Wake up now and get ready"

Shlok graoned again and without opening his eyes said, "Let me sleep for some more time Kaveri Mausi..." He changed side and said, "After that intern comes, I won't be getting a peaceful sleep for one month!!"

Kaveri Mausi laughed. "Poor interns... They have to tolerate you for one long month!! I really pity them!"

Lifting his head and looking at Kaveri Mausi with slightly opened eyes, Shlok said with surprise, "Poor interns?!!! Poor ME!!! You know very well how irritating these interns are!" and he slept again.

"I know, I know!" said Kaveri Mausi as she stood up to leave. "Don't sleep for very long, okay?" she said as she walked towards the door.

"Fifteen minutes more!!" said Shlok as he pulled the blanket over his head.

"Not more than that!" said Kaveri Mausi as she closed the door.

Shlok got up after half an hour. He came out, sill rubbing his eyes, and sat down at the table. "Ramu..!" he called out to the servant, "Where's my coffee?"

Just then Kaveri Mausi brought coffee for Shlok. "I have told Ramu to trim the lawn... So he is busy there!" Kaveri Mausi sat down to accompany Shlok. "So, had a good sleep?"

"What sleep Kaveri Mausi!! The thought of the new intern has made me lose my sleep!!" said Shlok.

Kaveri Mausi laughed. "Don't worry Shlok, this time the intern will not be like the others... You will see!" said she to pacify Shlok.

"Tumhaare munh mein ghee-shakkar Kaveri Mausi!! I hope what you say is true!!" said Shlok as he sipped on his coffee.

Aastha and Nakul reached the bungalow in Panchgani by around 11. The driver took out Aastha's bag from the dickey. Aastha looked around admiring the natural beauty of the place. The sun peeping from behind the clouds, the fresh air, the dense trees, the sweet chirping of birds... Ah! What an environment! Refreshing! Unknowingly a smile spread across her lips. Forgetting all the worries, she was enjoying the moment after ages.

Ramu, who was working in the garden, saw the guests arrive. He quickly went in to inform Kaveri Mausi and Shlok. "Come Miss Aastha!" said Nakul as he entered through the gate. Aastha followed. The driver offered to carry her bag, but Aastha preferred to carry it herself. She looked at the beautiful garden, very-well maintained. The yellow-green plants with clusters of colourful flowers welcoming her as she walked through the walk-way. There, in front of her, stood the beautiful bungalow named Shabd! "What a name!" she thought, "Shabd - that means words! Mr Shlok loves writing so much that he has even named his bungalow after his profession!" Aastha was amazed.

They reached the door where Kaveri Mausi welcomed them. Her smile and the glow on her face radiated her love and warmth that captured Aastha. Nakul introduced Aastha to her. Aastha felt as if Kaveri Mausi was no stranger to her... as if she knew Kaveri Mausi since long! She completely agreed with what Nakul had told her about Kaveri Mausi on their way. They recieved a warm welcome and breakfast was ready for them on the table. They all sat round the table. Aastha looked around expecting to see Shlok Agnihotri for the first time. Her heart was beating fast. What would his reaction be on seeing her? How should she react? Should she shake hands with him? Or should she just smile? Should she say "Hello Sir"? Or shlould she wish "Good Morning"? She was confused and waiting for Shlok in anticipation. Kaveri Mausi told them to have breakfast. Nakul asked about Shlok. Kaveri Mausi said that Shlok was busy in work and would eat later. This killed Aastha's curiosity. But then she thought, "Why would the great Shlok Agnihotri have breakfast with us? We are no celebrities..." and she silently ate whatever was served. The food was prepared by Kaveri Mausi and was very tasty. Aastha appreciated it. At home, it was Aastha who prepared food. She always loved the food prepared by her grandmother. And today, food prepared by Kaveri Mausi reminded her of her grandmother. Her eyes watered suddenly. And then she remembered she had to call her grandpa to inform him that she had reached safely. She called him on his mobile but he didn't pick up. This was usual. Baba hardly picked up his phone the first time when called. She knew he would call later after seeing the missed call.

After the breakfast, Nakul left with the driver. Kaveri Mausi took Aastha to her room. Aastha was looking around at the beautifully furnished home as she followed her. On the way, there was a room with the door closed and a "Do Not Disturb" sign put on the handle. Aastha halted in front of it staring at the sign. Kaveri Mausi smiled and said, "Shlok's room!! He always puts that sign when he needs to be alone..." Aastha smiled faintly and followed Kaveri Mausi through the passage. The passage turned to lead them to another couple of rooms. Kaveri Mausi showed Aastha her room and told her to make herself comfortable. She also told Aastha to ask for anything she needed without hesitation. Aastha nodded. Kaveri Mausi left.

Aastha arranged all her things in the cupboard. There was a window to her room and a small balcony. She opened the window and cool air filled the room. She went into the balcony. Dark clouds had covered the sky. It seemed as if it would start raining heavily any moment. The weather was cold. She stood there staring at the the beautiful surroundings. Suddenly her face saddened. She looked up at the dark clouds and some words escaped her lips...

Yeh bhaagya ke wohi kaale baadal hain,
Jo srishti ko khushiyon ki barsaat de gaye...
Lekin meri zindagi mein yeh baadal aise chhaaye,
Ki kabhi na dhalne waali raat de gaye...

(Meaning - These are those clouds of fortune that have given rains of happiness to the nature... But the same clouds brought with them the never-ending dark night in my life...)

Aastha's eyes watered. And then she saw someone standing in the balcony opposite to her. She wiped her eyes dry and saw that it was none other than Mr. Shlok Agnihotri! And he was much more handsome than he looked in newspapers. Aastha looked more carefully and noticed that he was staring at her! Aastha immediately looked down, embarrassed. Shlok kept staring at her. She was so beautiful. Is she the intern? He had never seen a girl so closely before that he could admire her beauty. But today he couldn't stop looking at this girl in front of him. What was so special about her? What was so different about her that was attracting him? She was just another girl, just another intern of his, wasn't she? Aastha slowly raised her gaze to match his. Why was he staring at her? The thought scared her for some reason. They both kept staring into each other's eyes. And then rain began pouring down. Aastha broke the eyelock and went into the room closing the door of the balcony. And Shlok stood at his place staring at the closed door as the rain drenched him completely.

Link - CHAPTER 3

------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading!! Do let me know whether you liked it 😊
Edited by ..optimist.. - 9 years ago