6APJ7F7446D4BA74 thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
#1

So much is being said after Koyal's rendition of Rock Me Baby and Ashaji's cabaret type songs. I came across this rendition of Ashaji from the movie Waqt. Its a song that says so much without being forthright and the picturization is just wonderful....... so enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM7VR9JS-BA

This one is also from Waqt....... Kon aaya........ I liked it so just posting. Enjoy. Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtgZu1fiUVw&mode=related& amp;search=

Created

Last reply

Replies

33

Views

2.7k

Users

17

Likes

1

Frequent Posters

X4F64KALPU4QNEYA thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
#2
My father's first comments when Ashaji made her comments were "Wait, she was known for her riske songs when we were young. What is she talking about"

Interesting. Thanks and good joice of songs.
Edited by ranig - 19 years ago
KKNDOO5HLNXHQZ6H thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
#3
That's a beautiful song link Minali 😃 TFS.

As far as comments against Asha for being hypocrite are a bit baseless IMHO 😛 .

She has been a trend setter with bringing in remix. However, show me ONE of her vulgar remix. There is a QUALITY of VOICE that she has that she can liven a vamp songs with. Not everyone can / should play with fire. None of Asha's vamp songs sound vulgar. There have been several "toxic" and "suggestive" lyrics that she justified with her tone w/o sounds trashy.
However, I was surprised why Koyal took an exit keeping Shreshtha in. I am quite amazed. For one- Koyal looked uncomfortable, atleast to me.
ASHA was extremely gracious in saying SORRY to Koel, which Asha-critics conveniently forgot 😉 although they remember her old risque- gems.

Moreover, probably if Himesh picked this bold song for his contestant a little bit later during the competetion, would it have been digested better? perhaps 😊. It wasn't like Koyal gave a performance of the century on that song! She would have survived if she did that.. she was wayy more in sur compared to "tere liye hum hai jiye", yet seemingly lacked something somewhere :(..
As far as bringing Asha's item numbers into this discussion, I don;t see a reason there. She is upbeat with new age and one cannot criticize her for not being honest about what she felt. It is about what suits one, and how one presents oneself through song, how one portrays their feelings by singing 😳😳 (and portray even otherwise for many who judge looks of singers 😉)
Edited by mermaid_QT - 19 years ago
X4F64KALPU4QNEYA thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
#4

Originally posted by: M7ZCIVBGQWNBE55X

That's a beautiful song link Minali 😃 TFS.

As far as comments against Asha for being hypocrite are a bit baseless IMHO 😛 .
She has been a trend setter with bringing remix. However, show me ONE of her vulgar remix. There is a QUALITY of VOICE that she has that she can liven vamp songs with. Not everyone can / should play with fire. None of Asha's vamp songs sound vulgar. There have been several "toxic" and "suggestive" lyrics that she justified with her tone w/o sounds trashy.
I was surprised why Koyal took an exit keeping Shreshtha in. I am quite amazed. For one- Koyal looked uncomfortable, atleast to me.
ASHA was extremely gracious in saying SORRY to her, which Asha-critics conveniently forgot 😉 😉
Moreover, probably if Himesh picked this bold song for his contestant a little bit later during the competetion, it would have been digested better. It wasn't like Koyal gave a performance of the century on that song! She would have survived then..
As far as bringing Asha's item numbers into this discussion, I don;t see a reason there. She is upbeat with new age and one cannot criticize her for not being honest about what she felt. 😃

I disagree with you. I do think she was being hypocritical. I love her voice though. And I always liked her because she was a risk taker and chose unconventional songs . But, I do agree that when someone sounds good they don't sound vulgar. When someon has a good body and is relatively thin , they don't look vulgar.

But, when someone has a bad body, they can look vulgar. Just as a badly sung song can sound vulgar.

Another great song by Ashaji

Raat akeli hai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN17ebmfW9w

KKNDOO5HLNXHQZ6H thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
#5

Originally posted by: ILCQBMQNO5KIPRXU

I disagree with you. I do think she was being hypocritical. I love her voice though. And I always liked her because she was a risk taker and chose unconventional songs . But, I do agree that when someone sounds good they don't sound vulgar. When someon has a good body and is relatively thin , they don't look vulgar.

But, when someone has a bad body, they can look vulgar. Just as a badly sung song can sound vulgar.

Another great song by Ashaji

Raat akeli hai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN17ebmfW9w



You hardly disagree with me then! 😆😆.. Why is she a hypocrite? She said whatever she wanted to say to Himesh. That song was not a cup of tea for his contestant. She was being NICE in asking her to try other simple & sweet songs. She was being nice I thought by not calling it vulgar. Asha was in fact, truthful in admitting how Koel held on to the tune and tone. Expression is SOUL of song and it was lacking due to a wierd level of discomfort. The way she said she did not choose the song, clearly showed her certain dislike toward it. It completely sent Himesh on defensive- which again says a lot! 😆 I truly felt bad for Koyal. I still liked her more than shreshtha's performance in spite of the awkwardness and crass lyrics.
This also is a learning process for the MENTORS, isn't it? 😃
Edited by mermaid_QT - 19 years ago
6APJ7F7446D4BA74 thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
#6

Originally posted by: WSG3EATMOW2VDNNS

That's a beautiful song link Minali 😃 TFS.

As far as comments against Asha for being hypocrite are a bit baseless IMHO 😛 .

She has been a trend setter with bringing in remix. However, show me ONE of her vulgar remix. There is a QUALITY of VOICE that she has that she can liven a vamp songs with. Not everyone can / should play with fire. None of Asha's vamp songs sound vulgar. There have been several "toxic" and "suggestive" lyrics that she justified with her tone w/o sounds trashy.
However, I was surprised why Koyal took an exit keeping Shreshtha in. I am quite amazed. For one- Koyal looked uncomfortable, atleast to me.
ASHA was extremely gracious in saying SORRY to Koel, which Asha-critics conveniently forgot 😉 although they remember her old risque- gems.

Moreover, probably if Himesh picked this bold song for his contestant a little bit later during the competetion, would it have been digested better? perhaps 😊. It wasn't like Koyal gave a performance of the century on that song! She would have survived if she did that.. she was wayy more in sur compared to "tere liye hum hai jiye", yet seemingly lacked something somewhere :(..
As far as bringing Asha's item numbers into this discussion, I don;t see a reason there. She is upbeat with new age and one cannot criticize her for not being honest about what she felt. It is about what suits one, and how one presents oneself through song, how one portrays their feelings by singing 😳😳 (and portray even otherwise for many who judge looks of singers 😉)

Wow....... thanks for your input yaar!! You sure know so much!! She is coming to N. America and I may just end up going to her show! Tks again.🤗

OO52ZWRRTQWSYMUW thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
#7
Wow, great topic Minali ji and great choice of songs.... will listen to them soon and give my input!! 😳
KKNDOO5HLNXHQZ6H thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
#8

Originally posted by: CRAZCREJCDK2FPMI

Wow....... thanks for your input yaar!! You sure know so much!! She is coming to N. America and I may just end up going to her show! Tks again.🤗


Aww minali 🤗. I am excited about that show as well.. I love her. she rose against so much politics to make herself heard and to become so popular. She is a legend and there is so much to learn from her hardship and eventual success.. 😳😳. I hope all these new singers appreciate all the exposure they get these days. It was so hard for the earlier generations as is apparent from the bits and pieces delivered in retro-cafe..
2LSRP5WJ7B667NKD thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
#9
i think there was nothing wrong with koyal's perfomance.but ya , every one has their own thinking..and as far as human mentality is concern..it comes against some one or in favour o him\her...so i think in this era..asha ji is also singing a song like yaee re from rangeela.. so she should just diest wats going on in sa re ga ma pa.. and i m lokking frwd to my favourite mauli's perfomance.. and thanks minali or all this.
EPDQD66BYOSVVNDQ thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
#10

Originally posted by: MFM234KVZBMCCXU7

So much is being said after Koyal's rendition of Rock Me Baby and Ashaji's cabaret type songs. I came across this rendition of Ashaji from the movie Waqt. Its a song that says so much without being forthright and the picturization is just wonderful....... so enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM7VR9JS-BA

This one is also from Waqt....... Kon aaya........ I liked it so just posting. Enjoy. Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtgZu1fiUVw&mode=related& amp; amp;search=

Wow! Very nice choice of songs....It depicts all the emotions in style..Well, art can be as abstract or as concrete as you want it to be.... It depends on individual's taste...Liked those songs..thanks Minali for sharing..

Related Topics

Top

Stay Connected with IndiaForums!

Be the first to know about the latest news, updates, and exclusive content.

Add to Home Screen!

Install this web app on your iPhone for the best experience. It's easy, just tap and then "Add to Home Screen".