Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HappilyLost thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

note

Yes I know I had dropped the idea of continuing this story in public interest but then i changed my mind after all. And trust me, I had solid reasons for that as well!

The first one was this lovely friend who urged me to continue without thinking too much (you know who you are!) a big hug to you from my side after that inspirational message. I love you too much.

And I have read incomplete stories, and at the end of each I feel like shaking the person gently and urging her to complete it for my sake at least. Or if that's not possible then at least enlighten me upon the state of my favourite characters. Trust me, I would never want that to happen with me.

And yes, for all the readers who took out time to read the story!. Cheers to all.

And no, this is not a farewell speech , as there are 2 parts which are yet to come.

HappilyLost thumbnail

Part 3

"You are my refuge, my sanctuary from everything that would harm me."

Director V.K Singh was not an emotional man. It seemed as if emotions and those highly overrated feeling had said their goodbyes on his first day at the CBI headquarters itself.  But, the general was not deterred. If his love for the country and his passion for protecting it came at this cost, then he was ready. Tears/ sympathy/ kindness/joys, these things did not belong to this profession. And V.K Singh had accepted this way before he decided his career. And not only him, but each and every new recruit into the central bureau of investigation had accepted the director's indifferent attitude without any questions.

But something was amiss today, a strange sensation had tugged at his  heart without giving any prior notice. The air itself had been carrying a dying note of desperation, a suffocating sadness looming around the 15 CBI officers as they made their way towards the mighty parliament house through the crowd of citizens and media persons. There had been mothers begging for their help, men pleading for immediate action, young children wailing, yearning for their parents to hold them in their arms again, but sadly V.K Singh and his fellow men were as helpless as the crowd was at the moment.

The security men clad in khakhi uniform ushered them inside the massive board room with grim faces. Even before the ministers inside, currently involved in a grave discussion, took notice of these men in uniform, Singh spoke in an urgent voice, we can't do this sir. It would be foolish to bow down to their baseless demands. Sir, if this terrorist is released today, there will be cold blooded murders in the future!. We can't risk the country's life this way!"

The whole room was quite now, the men taking in every one with a skeptical expression. Exactly a minute after the long silence, the vice president spoke up in a gruff voice,

"So what do YOU propose Mr. Singh? We let those 139 passengers die this way, while we sit here and watch like dummies. Did you even see the crowd going mad outside?"

"Sir, leave this case to us. We assure you that those innocent lives will not suffer, not today and not even in the near future"

The prime minister had had enough now. He could not sit here with folded hand while those monsters shoot down the passengers one after another. It was against his principals. His instincts told him that now was not the moment to hand over this responsibility to the police. What could they do after all? And who will be answerable to the country after this? He got up from his chair and faced the general.

"In case you have forgotten director V.k SINGH we had already given this responsibility to your men 24 hours ago after getting the warning regarding an impending attack. And we still haven't got any damn results.  So you tell me, where are the results? Where are the brave CBI officers you had promised not long ago who had the situation under control? Where are they GOD DAMNIT?"

"They are on the plane sir!"?

Three men armed with the AK-47s and shotguns take a commercial airplane on hostage. They kill the co-pilot, and threaten to kill the pilot himself if their demands were not met. But how, just how did they get the darn GUNS on the plane? There could be two possibilities, either the airport security has been crashed by a traitor, or there is a mole in the plane itself which is pretty obvious. We can't start fighting, or the mole shoots the pilot killing everyone in due course, unless we find the mole himself! Rudra racked his brain, still clueless after almost 90 minutes of poor helplessness.  I have to save these people at any damn cost. But how? He scanned the faces of the frightened airplane crew right in front, anxiously glancing at each other. He has to be someone from the crew, there is no explanation of the guns otherwise. But the aviation staff won't yield that much power. The co-pilot is dead, and the pilot is as helpless as he is. The second officer perhaps?  If the flight engineer chooses to join hands with the terrorist, then getting the guns on the board is almost a child's play! But then, am I completely sure about it?think rudra, think!

Rudra Pratap Ranavat had never faced such a situation before. With the culprits right before his eyes, he could not do anything more than bow down in defeat. But would that be justified? Will he give up this soon? The CBI had put weeks in this mission. On 20th march 2014, they had received this piece of information from the American intelligence, that there was a certainty that the aviation industry would be under attack in the coming weeks. Hours of sleepless nights were put in for this mission by the officer . Not one, but every other individual in the CBI headquarters, rank holder on not, had lived on nothing but coffee and stale food to trace the direction of the terrorist attack. Did he have the power to disappoint them? Did he have the courage to trample upon their efforts? And suddenly he knew his answer. He won't give up.

If this had been his ideology the day the rumors of the impending disaster were rubbished, almost a week ago now, he would have never dared to step on the plane against the generals strict orders. There was no turning back from this point. Rudra was ready to face the do or die situation once again in his life.

************************************************************************************************************

Around 10 minutes later, the second officer got up from his seat. There was a brief conversation between him and the leader of the attacking group. His outstretched hands were hinting towards the restroom, but rudra's eyes were no amateur to miss the slightest hint of nervousness in his voice. Far ahead Aman seemed to be noticing the same thing. He turned towards the major waiting for the instructions earning himself a nod in return.  It was the time for action now.

*****************************************************************************************************************

Parvati was still reeling under the after effects of the sudden and unexpected kiss an hour ago. He had done that to send a crisp message to the assaulter of course, but somehow his presence next to her still made her utterly conscious. Time and again, he had protected her in unforeseen circumstances, and yet those months of sheer ruthlessness managed to cloud her judgment regarding her protector. Hey bholenaath, why did I have to meet him in such malicious circumstances? Why couldn't he be like aman bhaiya instead, polite and generous?

No matter how much she made herself understand, paro's heart had already registered the officer's humanity when he had come to rescue her.  But she trusted him, even after the hardened emotions that greeted her after her parent's death. Yes she did trust him. Had it not been for him, she would have died months ago. And today, she gulped remembering the unfortunate moment.

Paro's heart somersaulted inside her chest. She had forgotten to say thank you yet again. He deserved that much. She turned to him with yet another resolve twinkling in her eyes only to find him unfastening his seat belt.

Where are you going?' she said with a note of alarm in her voice.

Rudra's bulging eyes reflected pain and confusion and that look reminded her of those times in her childhood when she would forget to carry an important assignment in school. She was definitely worried now.

Where are you going?" she repeated, a little louder this time, and his hands immediately covered her mouth.

"Shhh...you wouldn't want them to know my intentions. I am trying to save you all here. I'll be back in no time, I promise that to you"

The words hit her hard with immense force . He was leaving her here alone after all. The dreadful fear had managed to seep into her veins. She was frightened, not only for herself but for rudra as well. Almost in a reflex, her fingers dug deeper into his forearms, she wouldn't let him go.

'nahi ...hum aapko nahi jaane denge. Kitne saare hathiyan hain unke paas. Aapko kuchh ho gaya toh? Hum kya karenge aapke bina? She was almost blabbering now (no, I wont let you go. Look at the weapons they are carrying. What if something happens to you? What will I be able to do without you?)'

'Paro, I am not leaving you alone. Ghar nahi jana chati kya (don't you want to go back home?) don't you want to get away from these monsters? This is important Paro.'

But parvati was in no mood to budge. The fear of being left alone was nothing new to her. It had reared its ugly head 6 months back as well. And those horrid memories which had scarred her for life came rushing back to her, this time with an even greater force.

The distant sound of coughing from bapusa's room made this decision even harder. She wanted to stay at home, near her bapu sa tending to him but maasa just wont let her. As she checked her bag for the umpteenth time now, making sure nothing was left out, the gnawing intuition in her head did not leave her for even a single second. And with that paro went to confront her mother in another failed attempt of compelling her.

She found her in the kitchen, stirring the pot which contained the magical kadha for bapu sa's fever.

"maasa.  Please let me stay. How long will you be able to complete all the household chores all by yourself? This college trip isn't important, I tell you. I will go some other time, I promise. I will help you in taking care of bapu sa this time." Her voice gave away the desperation and longing but went unheard this time as well

Her mother turned to face her. The look of barely contained fury made paro flinch. Why was she this hell bent on sending her away? She thought. I had missed many other outing as well!

You are one stubborn young lady Paro. I have told you the very same thing many times, yet you force me to repeat this again and again. This is the last excursion from your college. After this you will have to take up a job, and then marry as well. Who knows whether you will get time to go out and enjoy yourself?'

Somehow paro was not able to make sense of anything that her mother was saying. Job? Marriage? Would that keep her away from going out?

maasa, is everything all right. Tell me you aren't hiding anything from me.'

Her mother turned away this time, looking for something among the containers in the shelves right above the stove in a desperate attempt to hide her features.

I will take care of your bapu sa Paro, she said with her back towards her daughter.' Don't make me loose my temper yet again'

And with this Paro knew, that no amount of convincing will make her mother change her decision, well until...

After a few quick goodbyes, she left for the trip. She returned though, after one hour of hiding in the nearby park. She would tell them that the she had missed the bus. And they would have to take her back, after all they knew how clumsy she was, right?

She found the door ajar, which frightened her. Her mother was never this careless. Paro quickly stepped inside the foyer and tip toed to the living room ready to wound any intruder who had made his way inside.

And then there were those screams...one she would never forget all her life, the ones which belonged to her mother. She had been too scared to move, but her maasa needed help. Was something wrong with bapu sa? It was fairly easy to discover their source, as their humble abode managed to accommodate only two rooms inside. It was her baapu sa's room, the one she had scrubbed spotless just in the morning. It was not sparkling though; rather it was in a mess. And there lying fairly lifeless on the bed was her bapu sa, her mentor and her best friend since her childhood. His white kurta was stained red and there were men, no monsters around him laughing and mocking her wailing mother near his body. Her mother was the first one to notice her thankfully she thought and her eyes registered shock, fear and then pain in a swift motion within the next fateful seconds. her shook her head violently screaming no, hinting her to run away but Paro, it seemed was too shocked to respond. Her feet remained rooted to the spot, her features frozen. And then her mother lifted herself up and attacked one of the assailants in an attempt to cover her daughter's unmoving form at the doorstep. She was stabbed though and the next thing that Paro knew was that she was running. The cars whisking past her, strangers cursing her under their breadths and neighbors calling out her name but, nothing registered in Paro's head. She had to run, till her legs gave away and the huge lump in her throat died and till, those emotions had hardened into a solid mass, one which would never break until the death of her parents was avenged.

But they had left right? She had been not able to save them, nor was she able to get away to the place where they resided now. She won't let rudra go though. She could not loose him. Tears welled up behind her eyes and stung bitterly.

"nahi jaane denge apko hum( I won't let you go anywhere!) She said firmly unaware of the sympathetic eyes of the others passengers riveted towards them.

"I don't have anyone other than you. "

As rudra grew aware of the attention they were getting and the figure of the second officer moving ahead, he had the toughest decision of his life made in the spur of the moment. Looking beyond parvati's delicate features which were scrunched up in excruciating pain at the time, he mustered enough courage to blurt out in a menacing voice.

'Nahi, kuchh nahi lagta mein tera. Jo the who chale gaye( no, I have no relation with you. Those who had are long gone now!)'

With that he unfastened his set belt and went after the officer with aman following close behind.

And paro remained rooted to her seat like she had had months ago, gazing lifelessly at her sanctuary's retreating form.

Edited by HappilyLost - 10 years ago
ArshiAnalyst thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
👏 waiting for the next part...
Santhu.The.King thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Amazing... Wonderfully written... 👏
lourel24 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
well written n is intersesting too
HaRul-lover thumbnail
Omggg I wanna know more 
WHo killed her parents how she met rudra's and all 
Good SS I wanna read more of it
custodian75 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Very well written. Sometimes you are forced to hurt in order to save them. 
niki_2293 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
lovely update...waiting for the next part now!! you write very well dear!!
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
wow amazing! glad u r writing this again!! loved it!
HappilyLost thumbnail

Originally posted by: custodian75

Very well written. Sometimes you are forced to hurt in order to save them. 

thank you😛😛
we hardly see one hurting someone in order to protect him/her from even greater miseries. and rudra had being doing it all along right? your comment reminded me of that saying, you have to loose something in order to gain something else.😊😊