Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
indu,

i just saw your intense piece on 184. will read again, it was beautiful. i did write 184.

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/94386940
Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Horizon

ASR's breakdown after anjali's accident, Arshad Khan said couple of times this one being one of his most favorites.  To one's delight, one can almost feel the director's pride and pleasure in etching the fine nuances of this of this reclusive character in these few seconds...

As his sister lay in bed all bruised, he stands there distantly.. his head hung in defeat, guilt... almost reminding one of that famous  "I failed you" 9/11 confession from Richard Clarke ...he couldn't protect one woman that meant the world to him.  Today the very reason for a 14 year old discombobulated boy to transform into a resolute man overnight is in front of him after being dangerously whiskers close to death. He wouldn't utter a word.. he wouldn't  even come into her vicinity...an absolutely realistic regress of an introvert.. something matters to him very deep.. so deep that he is scared even to whisk the surface.  A lion hurt.. tamed...a sob held muted inside.. lest perhaps it would have come out akin to a newborn's  first cry after being separated from the umbilical cord to sustain independently..

She calls him gently.. he breaks down in her lap apologizing for all the times he has been insolent with her.. her presence is all that matters ... he could care less for all his ideologies and ego. A fine line that is hard to walk , to exude emotional richness without being  over dramatic.. portrayed realistically by two artists with great chemistry.. IPK had done it many a times.. subtlety in rawness.. this is yet another!  

hi indu,

i missed this. beautifully intense like that moment when a man stands away, head down, concentrated, tears redden eyes. who would say it was all glycerine. thanks, had no idea it's one of arshad's favourites. curiously as i started typing godfather's theme started playing on my iphone set to shuffle. asr was michael corleone here too, as he will be again and again in te course of that night i felt. a man with not too many choices though it looks the opposite. a man not many will understand or love or pray for...

you are right both daljeet and he brill here. so often have i wanted to say anjali is too much, because i am not soft and gentle in her expression of love like her, i can never put a hand on a head or a cheek like that, but daljeet made anjali real... anjali.

beautifully written, indu, so enjoying your scene takes.
👏 👏 👏
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: aarwen

Episode 236

I found this an extremely difficult episode to start writing about. frankly, i dreaded it. talked to myself alot, said, don't let that beginning bias you... boy, it was tough.

How do you start when you have an aversion to what it shown? For one thing if this is about TRP then what was the TRP bringing thing? That Arnav was wet and shirtless or that Khushi was teaching him a lesson? If it was about drooling on Arnav I can come up with fifteen different scenarios right now. While she irritates him he pulls her inside and we get a rabba ve. Cliche sure yet way more enjoyable right? totally right.

And if he needed to be taught a lesson her earnest speech as in the dargah or even later in the day today would have left much more of an impression than what she is about to do.
oh i loved her character dheela day speech on what is mariage. and the sorry night scene, where she tells him he thinks no end of himself so can't apologise to her. hits him where it matters... what was thsi.
"Aap Indraji se kahiye". "thik hai tum phone karo main baat karta hun." He is stuck in a bathroom with barely room to stand. Face covered with soap, no water, unhelpful infuriating wife and yet ready to solve the problem. How is Khushi resisting this man? teehee, such a man in command type... in any state, ready to rule, even out there with that bizarre tubewell lot... classy, hot, haughty for the right reason... no me not resisting him, does khsuhi know she has serious competition here...😃

Amma and buaji at least show some panic at parading damadji outside in this state. Really if it was this normal as roz ek kabhi kabhi do baar why don't I see any grown men bathing outside? Won't even go into that debate. ridiculous self righteousness which khushi really does not need. at all. she is a girl with enough brains to give him hell without this nonsense.

Once his vision clears you can see Arnav aghast and I cannot get myself to listen to any of Khushi's side's excuses for doing this to her husband. When she is about to mention her pati owns AR.. He immediately stops her and you realize how important this man his. His family, the writers, his wife everyone takes him for granted. But he is after all a top businessman with a reputation to uphold. It is not Vimla mausi's fault that given a chance she would eagerly wipe off the extra soap from behind Barun's ear but today I grit my teeth and wish she minded her own business for this once. Arnav is squirming, uncomfortable and angry. He walks away with "baat mat karo..I don't want to talk to you."  I feel that too. he was speechlessly good in that moment. and bigger than what anyone gives him credit for... moths later in aweek track khsuhi will acknowledge that he taught her a lot about life, opened her up... thsi character spelt class, and when the writer botched it, the actor and director took over. just with voice at time, oh what he made asr into...

You know what really makes me mad is that he was really not okay with this and still Khushi felt not one bit of remorse. you are dead right. i have gone on and on about thsi, same pinch... and ha ha given him an unqualified apology for treating him so bad.

So she wants to show him this extreme middle class side of things but this is not really common anymore. Lets say he says he likes his girl in western short dresses. Everyone in his society wears them and forces his wife to wear it for him saying there is nothing wrong in it. Whom would we side with in that case? brilliant question, but rhea, i sometimes think we women love our cloak of we are so perfect and never dare to say it as it is.

She was the wife of this business tycoon but never once did he ask her to change for him. Instead when she tried to on their dinner date he claimed she was the coolest person he knew and should do what feels right to her.  this man deserves much, especially in our chauvinistic society, with patriarchy, male supremacy, yikes... i loved him for his way of handling women... he always levelled with you.he meant that coolest too, no sop and meaningless praise. what about kuch dhang ka karo? ufff. remarkable quality. he is rare and beautiful and full of flaws too because he is human... in a world that is all about men and  feudal, he has dropped his dad's fam name, embraced his mom's, shows nothing but respect to women, is an atheist, works hard to make his life, does not rely on destiny, fate, whatever, hurt beyond belief, he strengthens and refuses to collapse, people forget to be sensitive to his needs on a regular basis, he bears no grudge, loves them anyway... after kidnap, no  one had time for him, no one worried while he was gone... i was greatful they didn't turn him into a kurta wearig, hindi speaking man who goes for regular visits to mandir and smiles beatifically when his wife says she willl keep a vrat as her duty to the well being of fam despite her mad busy life as a successful business woman or whatever.

he was a bad boy who was so so good i wouldn't want him even slightly changed. that conscience, i wish our god sanskaris had even an iota of that. and that introspection and self examination, where is this man, i want him now. and i have a good idea where he might want to take a bath.

And here Khushi is shown putting him in this very awkward position which he feels so uncomfortable about. Am very very bothered by these 5 minutes. Apologies if I sounded too preachy, strict .. can't help my self today..  not preachy, fantastic. someone has to say this.

Lingering frustration, unvented anger..Barun got the right expression while murderously looking at his laptop and phone running out of battery. Notice he still keeps the problem to himself. Am going to ignore Khushi for some more time  😆 though her Arnavji has quietened down listening to her voice. he is so sweeet, no malice in the guy. He decided to take matters into his own hands regarding lunch today. "Paanch Hajaar"! in a really cute accent by Amma. How normal to not want to take money from the damadji... Buaji and aunty try to scrounge money to pay the bill. Has me in tears seeing their desperation over something in a way quite trivial. It is a good detail that Khushi gave the money she earned to her family. But that does not mean I am in talking terms with her yet. okay okay, turn your face away with a hooonh! 😃She has seen the bill and again misunderstands Arnavji's intentions.

Already my mood is off and then we get snakewa plotting. No one suspecting his evil intentions.  Maybe I shouldn't be writing at all. Skip it, eat some jilebis while dancing to Hindi music and go to the next episode, exactly how our heroine would have reacted.  👏 No am not going to think about her even.

He sees the food and immediately takes out his wallet. It was always his idea that he would pay. This time both the ladies don't seem as upset as about the AC. Buaji rushes to switch on the cooler but not before Arnav tries to stop her. Yes he is no longer that overly nervous new damadji. This is the man we know and admire so much. When he quickly says "ji buaji" and the two ladies smile in relief exhaling the breath they were holding, it feels so good. Very nice acting. i fell for this entire segment, it helped me deal with that opening sequence.

He was considerate after all. Ordered keeping in mind everyone. So now his wife decides to be touched and a little tearful. Maybe I can think of forgiving her after all. He brought you teekha italian khana and look what you did to him? wasn't he lovely?  Feel the guilt girl.. yeth! hmm anyone else want to know what the man ordered for himself? The atmosphere has changed in the Gupta household. No longer the chaos. A calm descends as everyone gets used to the new food and the fact that their damadji is not as scary as their daughter had portrayed or he himself portrays. When bitwa explains "Aunty isse aise khate hai" am in tears. I like to believe am not that easily moved by a mere television show but somehow I am really touched. How simply he asks "aapko khana achaha laga?" . I think we are gettign glimpses of how he would have been with his mother .. uncomplicated ,down to earth, eager to please and involve. Like Khushi even I wait with abated breath to hear the verdict. The ladies are always ready to please the damadji so how can they not like the food.  I am remembering the scene where later the two will try to read a cookbook and make pasta for their favourite bitwa.  But today it didn't really matter if the taste was to their liking on or not. He does it in his definitely unorthodox way but the gesture itself has the purest of intentions and no disrespect. never ever did he mean to disrespect.. soon he will say "ghatia" that is the result of gussa, he doesn't mean that and instantly apologises, but never do we see khsuhi in this mode, why, huh? we women make no mistakes or what? is that what makes us strong? ricidoudlous.

No today I won't get to leave happy. Mohan comes and calls sir outside. Nice direction that he doesn't speak of this in front of sir's new family. This is the last straw. His what the almost begging to be completed today! This time sir goes inside and asks madam to come out. If I was Khushi and saw that scary glint in Arnavji's eyes I would walk out quietly. Again its good to see he did not want to create a scene in front of her family. Drags her in anger his control completely lost. This is not a moment to be cute. Arnav clenches his jaws, turns her head around to show what is the real problem. The music is trying to make it funny and Sanaya tries the sanka act but I am shaking my head. Is she blind to the grimace, the eye roll, the body language which exudes the effort Arnav is having to exert to remain in control! This is serious. What it is leading up to is way serious.

He thinks it is so ridiculous that he blames his wife for it. And she takes umbrage at his insinuation.  He has said much worse and more hurting things and Khushi has dealt with it much more gracefully and forcefully. Oh how I lament the loss of that girl I knew... He keeps bringing the morning incident into his arguments. We know that her callous behaviour has disturbed him, hurt him. In a way that is what is triggering this outburst. I hate them fighting this way. They have done it before but somehow this fight seems way more public. Am feeling awful seeing her walk away and him giving up, leaning that way on his white SUV, looking around slightly lost

alas, the girl we knew. rhea, they started to take her apart bit by bit... she was still fascinating at times, but only when the plot needed her to be, or barun's time constraints... she became just a tool in her writer's hands... in the initial days, such a charming girl with so much potential, and how beautifully sanaya etched khushi... was watching one of her little talks with herself over thsi laad governor, sanaya was so comfortable with khushi, her instinct knew this works, this is real... during ott sanaya tried hard, and maybe only because it was her i could bear to watch, but the real woman was nowhere to be seen anymore, patchy scratchy, end oriented writing, no flow in it.

loved the take... comments everywhere.

Javeria3991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: aarwen

Episode 237

Thora khatta thora meetha thora theekha is today's episode. Delicious blend of happiness, laughter, heartache, tears, love..Tastes of life which is sometime sour or sometime bitter or sweet.

Looks like the SUVs stolen parts have been found. As resourceful as ASR himself this Delhi police is!  Immediately his mind flashes back to Mr Raizada hurtling accusations at the indignant Mrs Raizada. Turns to go in and looks upon a subdued buaji and aunty trying their best to buy some time. The man actually concedes to not bill them for last month given that damadji has come. But even he can't give them ration for today. What will they cook? The little money kept aside has been used up for damaadji's sumptuous Italian lunch. His actions have inadvertently caused hurt.  His eyes downcast. This sensitive man has been too busy caught up in the love/hate play with his wife, but now this problem has his undivided attention. Our favourite resourceful problem solver stops the man outside and we don't get to know more for now. ASR can't let other to be effected of love and hate war with Khushi. I like that Arnav solve the problem though he was a damaad but he acted like the true helpful son of the house. Last 24 hours changes him a lot.

The entire gupta family stands uncertain suspicious of all the sacks of food being brought it. Garima hesitant yet tries to reason out with damaadji. I really like how they show Garima to be the one handling him. She calmed down buaji about the new AC, she refused to take the money from him yesterday and today she is the one who tries asking him what's going on bitwa? In answer , "Kyu main kyu nai kar sakta hun? Ghar ka dammad hun..". cute tone yet matter of fact. In hindi there is a phrase used to describe baal gopaals antics often "hat karna" ..hmm like adorable childish tantrums.. somehow that is what this feels like..  Wonderful smile by Garima. I adore this actress. Yes Garima character was wonderful, she was full of love and positive thoughts for others and khushi learned a valuable lesson of spreading happiness and to never pay heeds to ill thoughts too much from Garima. She was the respectable woman, dutiful wife, obedient sister in law and wonderful mother. 

No one can deny that bitwa has style and a very loving heart. He who supposedly hates their daughter, is from such a rich family that it is almost inconceivable to imagine him in this surrounding and yet he manages to do a thing millions of normal well intentioned son-in-laws find hard to do. Straightforward direct as usual is he. He gives them a right over him while establishing his bond with them.  No longer the proud ruthless business tycoon he is simply an extremely good hearted son-in-law who wants to show his wife's family that they needn't treat him in this formal fashion. 

Love above lines 👏 👏 👏 The way you describe Arnav actions and thoughts of being a dammad of a middle class family and him being adjusting in the family is awesome. New bonds are forming and Arnav is himself taking steps towards them. The warm place of khushi's home is effecting him in a positive way. I love him for openly accepting his duties of a son-in-law.

"Kuch bhi..bas achchi sehat wala khana nai..please aunty." That they should consider him a son. He had once longingly asked Khushi if his mother was proud seeing him. And as this scene unfolds I can only think how proud she must be looking down from the stars. Off course as mother she worry about her daughter relation with her husband but now that hr son in law has won their heart, she is satisfied with the choice of her daughter and finally at peace that she has fulfilled the promise she once made to her dead sister, khushi's real mother. 

This time I am not going to blame Khushi. She got carried away. This is the daughter who is excited that the man she loves is coming closer to her family. I know it is not even the slightest bit hinted at but at some level Khushi could have known that Arnav missed having a mother. So her insistence on him calling her amma. Would have been nice. But it happens in real life too. In our excitement floating we rush headlong and then the sharp crash into reality.

The music increases in tempo.. "just shut up" he lashes out.. It has been a long long while since he has been this angry with her specially in front of an audience. Even the dreaded bath outside did not cause such an outburst. You can feel her heart break as his in turn is ripped apart in shreds. The concerned elders look on. Have they ever known how much hurt resides in their complicated angry damaadji?  Amma speaks up sternly chastising her daughter. Buaji joins in. But it is not really because he is having a tough time settling into the Lakshminagar lifestyle. This is a far deeper festering wound. The suffering that he has subjected himself to for almost half his lifetime and definitely all of his adult life is kept painfully in check by Arnav. But there are some things that lay bare that agonizing chot.

He missed her mother so much and every moment in his life. Truly this is the deepest wound which is still left to be heal and he doesn't want it to be heal. For the world he has moved on from his parents death and the fateful night but in reality he has never forgotten a thing. He missed his mother so much that it hurts. Poor Arnav i feel so bad for him that his past wound is breaking khushi too badly.

Clenching fist, breathing hard, extreme restlessness he throws open his laptop in an attempt to gain some control. He has hurt devi maiyya's murti in the process. All that anger.. 

Khushi comes in sincerely apologetic. A woebegone expression portrayed by Sanaya. Closes the door behind her. Now she wants the conversation to be between them only. He is right Khushi has no idea what has been going on in this man's head. Somehow I always felt she instinctively knew him more when they did not even seem to have a single calm conversation. She loves Arnav and yes sometime it showed that she knew all about Arnav but she is unaware of the biggest truth of Arnav of Arnav's life which transform the prince in to a beast. As khushi once said " Jis sey hum itna pyaar kartein hain unkey barey main tu hum kuch jantey hi nahin"

Oh those forlorn damp red eyes.  "is ghatiya ghar mein" .. Fights! How they tear us apart..  Now her eyes are brimming with tears.. Arnav has frozen to an abrupt stop. Whose hurt is more? Who will win? Both have lost for now.. This speech that Khushi gives was enough if they wanted to show her getting him accustomed to middle class life. I still don't think he needed this lesson but if it had to to be given then these words were the best lesson possible. His scathing hurtful words had flung out in mindless pain.  He bends his head in remorse. He is feeling really wretched. Barun once again manages to convey it all..

The outburst on both sides was essential. All that pent up frustration, rage needed a vent. And we needed as much as Arnav to be reminded that Khushi has millions of reasons to be devastated, angry. Yet she smiles and takes care of his family. Cries while going away from them. Cares about them. Looks after them. No longer questions. It is natural that the woman has to make everyone  in her husband's house a part of her family while a man can remain distant to his in laws. But this is not a regular marriage. It is a forced contract marriage. 

She even took care of Arnav who forced her into the marriage without giving any valid reason but still she showed concern for everyone and smiled even when her heart was breaking and was depressed. Indeed this is not a regular marriage but she has to act like a normal wife in front of world in which her family counts too.

After all the ha ha he he of the previous days we now get this display of raw emotions. The gravity in this mess sinks in..

Khushi does not want to involve her family in the fight. Am very pleased with her decision. A husband wife is what they are and their trouble their very own. kisi ko janane ke zarurat nai jab wo akele hote hai wo kya karte hai ... 

From all the high voltage drama we get a bit of respite. Mr and Mrs A looked pretty nice in the vibrant combination of turquoise blue and emrald green.

Whoever wrote the next scene did a perfect job of it. There is no melodrama. Very sweetly handled. This is the fourth time he is messing with their food plans! Earnestness in his apology. Overwhelming sincerity. Like the time he came to Payal and apologized.  In a way I like it that Khushi isn't here. Her apology will come later in the form of those irresistible golgappe. This moment was for the orphan boy and his loving mothers. "Khushi ne jo kaha thik kaha". How clear hearted is he! To him this family is already his own. "Main kisi ko ma nai keh sakta"... He who never said sorry was letting them know of his deepest darkest fears. It is the more strict, more vocally hurt buaji who comes forward to lovingly cup his face, but amma also says wise words.."Aap jo humein bulao usse humara rishta toh nai badlega". Progressive and genuinely loving people in Gupta parivar as well. He looks awestruck. A glimmer of that smile. Relaxing of features. Relief...

Okay Okay I know whoever is reading this is skimming the last lines in eagerness to satisfy the hunger for something chatpata. A popular saying in hindi the way to a man's heart is through the stomach. Ingenuous Arnav has successfully applied the theory for his foodie wife. 😆 If khatta is titliya, teekha the angry rough ASR then definitely today is the day of the meetha buaji and amma. Everyone balancing other too well So without further ado I give you..

The game plan of Mr Harvard himself... Board of directors under control? check. An offer she can't refuse sent out to the already suspicious owner? Check. Time to sit back with his adrak ki chai and wait. With such a mouth watering delectable merger offer Mrs Sankadevi is sorely tempted. Time to give in to the temptation and preview the terms. Oh what delicious terms! He allows his prey some moments of indulgence and just as he is ready to announce the first quarter statement declaring himself the winner... breaking news! Tables have turned and Mr ASR has been completely taken over by the new player in the market Mrs KKGSR. 😆

From the corporate world we move behind the scenes.. Who would have thought that a golgappa would turn out to be this potent an aphrodisiac.. He stands no chance against the allure of innocent rapture while his wife enjoys his delicious peace offering. Unaware of his dreamy expressions she raises her hand to wipe the trickling flavoursome pani.. If today morning Khushi could not look away now its Arnav's turn to be hopelessly mesmerized.. The Completely enamored husband just can't seem to resist and is hungry for a taste..

Gupta house trip is tasting their patience, its getting beyond control. 

Arnav knew that his recent quarell with khushi has upset everyone. ASR took everything in control and device a full proof plan. Love the way you present the ASR proposal. The lovely way he persuaded his angry wife by tempting her perfectly lightened the atmosphere just like he planned.

Superb review of the mouth watering episode.👏 👏 👏
My comments are up

supriya.arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Episode 238

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1PKQzTdW9M[/YOUTUBE]

First Telecast Wednesday , 25th April 2012

Full episode links

Thanks, Katelyn,for all the links.

Credit for the videos: Respective uploaders

Edited by supriya.arshi - 10 years ago
Katelyn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Ocean of Happiness

[SBB] 25th April 2012: Sanaya & Barun, Episode 238-239

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mdm2H4ybUQ[/YOUTUBE]

DL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mdm2H4ybUQ

Credit to uploader Edited by Katelyn - 10 years ago
aarwen thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: salooni

amazing thanks for pm

lovely one 

Thank you reading and for the smileys salooni. How are you feeling now?
aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: sohara

My POV is, Khushi didn't want him to get accustomed to the middle class life, but she just wanted to show him, the middle class people also were not cheap or ghatiya, they are also good human being.

Lovely take.

Enjoyed reading.
It was a complete episode.
Loved all the lines in blue
my comments are in purple.

Thank you Sohara 😊. And I guess you are right Sohara. Like you I really enjoy the Gupta house stay. They had such fun moments here. Muh dikhai is my absolute favourtie. I just wish Khushi would be a little more sensitive to Arnav.

Am waiting to read your takes on these episodes..Write soon..
aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 236

"just get out, khushi, aur mujhe nahane do!" 

i hear a lot of heroes with this hate ya madly or don't want you near me thing these days on tv, saying shut up get out, etc., in english too at times, but the deep dense intimacy asr brings to his ire, gussa, nafrat, irritation... not one does.  some are downright ludicrous, some not too bad, but this thing... so much nuance, voice, eyes, body language, all so tuned to who asr is, what he feels, why he says what he says, how he is, what is essentially him, undeniable and one of a kind really. i am always grateful that i got to the tv screen one fine evening. Oh yes yes yes.. his tone is always so different around her and consistently so .. Try as I might in the sequences I did not like that much.. still that voice would have me watching and feeling.. its so difficult to describe right just what it is, but it is there..

khushi is delaying him... so she can haul him out for a tubewell bath

i sat tight watching, i would examine the scenes i decided, but at one point it all got to me... i skipped... this is all wrong. the khushi i know would never do this to him, her revenge is taken her way... but in private. she has every reason to be completely hurt by him, and furious too. but to me, messing with his foood is not khushi. khsuhi as who she is, that is. and this bath, well, definitely alien abduction. Agree Indi di in private is the key.. outside a red shirt even a lipstick marked hanky I can do with, but not something that does 'beizzati' .

having said that i have been thinking and going nuts. finally, reading from real life and my most flawed self... yes, under duress people do crazy things. crazy crazy things. khushi perhaps wanted him to feel insulted too, not just learn how the other half lives... yes we do stuff not "normal" at all... we err... 

what was sorely missing was what we do after that. asr did it... but khushi never really did. she never ever thought through these thing. nor apologised. Except when she said sorry after burning him with chai and the reward for her and us that smile.. why couldn't they keep her that way ? Wouldn't people have liked that girl more? Oh I guess you answer my question below..

again, i feel because audience is mainly female... there is a lot of "buttering" going on by mainline television. so while all our stories finally convert you to an "achhi bahu", and we have no place whatsoever in our lives for girls who are not married nor girls with ambition other than marriage... we try and keep you happy by saying you are "devi", you are flawless... you are too good...

you. are. never. wrong.

this is ridiculous. even dangerous. 

so... asr, on behalf of khushi, may i please apologise to you for that unforgivable pull out onto the street. both amma and bua ji were horrified too. but the biggest sorry really for treating you like a moron... in your towel (and i love large white turkish tawliyas), with your eyes closed, you walked out of the house, down steps, onto the street, without even realising you were out in the open? no breeze on your beautiful skin so exposed for trp, no sound in your ear with those most devastating lobes, no sense in your head to calculate, o shatir one, that this can only be the road and that water from some well there? sorry sorry sorry... 😆😆 

and see, star plus, production house, writer... i am one of your most devoted female viewers of this show and i have survived being less than perfect and apologising when i realised my folly.

khushi would have too.

in fact, that would have made her truly wonderful... original. without that, she feels just cantankerous and unresolved, nutty but not cutely so. 

"khushi, tum meri beizzati kar rahi ho..." he was so natural... khushi, you are insulting me before all... he said it as she explained to an onlooker that he was asr, the owner of... khushi gave him an sp achhi bahu lecture... but he was right... that is exactly what she was doing.

throwing khushi out on to the stone floor by the pool was not right. dropping her from his office floor was not right. taking him out for a tubewell bath, without his knowledge, was not right. all of them came as a result of some provocation... but as actions they were all galat. 

achhi bahu talk, garib amir talk, smart writing about how in which case people of middle class come out and willingly get beizzat every day as they have no choice. none of it saved the scene. not even the most perfect naked torso. here, asr, take your brown shirt, wear it and devastate me with just the inflection in your voice... i don't need bare body flaunted.

"baat mat karo mujhse, i don't want to talk to you!" he was brusque, real, and he did look hurt... I loved how he keeps walking while saying this..very very natural acting.. no yelling even ..just like he cant take it anymore.. needs some time out..

he knows why khushi does what she does... but he is hurt by the extent to which this is being taken... he will say as much when in a vulnerable moment he will call gh ghatiya, a couple of episodes down. 

izzat is key here.

to arnav singh raizada, that izzat of his is really all he had left when everything collapsed. he has worked very very hard to be respected. he was the son of  a man who played with women and whose mother committed suicide because of that... imagine the gossip and curiosity around it. pays wit your sense of respect. interesting thought

then his uncle threw them out onto the street, again showing great disrespect to them as people. ridiculing them.

clings to you these feelings of shame and failure, on the skin it sizzles... asr needs to be respected, even if he is not loved, for perhaps he has decided di's love is enough, but that respect?

crucial to him.

khushi plays with that. knowingly.

can we forgive everything in the name of sanka? 

yet, strangely, despite his anger and hurt, he finally lets it pass. arnav singh raizada truly does get my respect for that.

he looks very very upset as he sits to work.

"of courrrse, no electricity... annnd no battery." man is angry. who wouldn't be. haha you do a perfect job of capturing that accent Indi di ⭐️

"bijli aa gayi...!" the electricity is back, he runs to charge the phone. cute. "suniye, khana lag giya" khsuhi apprises him that they are ready to eat.

"no! phir se wahi bakwas tasteless khena..." no, again that bad tasteless food. he looks fragile...

a decision is made...

and buaji opens the door to receive the parcel she hasn't asked for...

a paanch hajaar/five thousand rupee bill, lovely how the two women try to pay it... because how can you ask the son in law to pay.

"shayad unhe khana accha nahin laga hoga na, iss liye manga liya hoga..." garima feels a pang in her heart, she has been cooking stuff she normally wouldn't and he has perhaps not liked it so he has ordered food...

they empty out the their bags and coffers to pay...  that rupee by rupee add up, something so endearing there, they want to keep his izzat...

bua ji is natural, real as is amma. money from dibbe waley businness  of kkgsr and bua ji's husband's pension money go toward paying the five star bill.

i am thinking, oh no, now what has this matter of fact man gone and done. didn't he learn from the ac incident? me too

and khushi is angry... no thought of the bruising of his self respect just a while ago. she knows arnav singh raizada can do awful things, hurt her folk. oh the layers of misunderstanding about each other these two have.

uugghh I was literally ripping my hair out..

"arre khana aa gaya aapne mujhe bulaye tak nahin... paise aapne..." brown man appears, oh the food is here, why didn't you call me... the money... he reaches for wallet.

the ladies can't take money from him...

and a love for the people in khushi's life begins to grow here, to him they were elders whom he was supposed to respect... he tried to do that. the ac thing had told him he had hurt their pride and self respect though he had not meant to. 

but bua ji's fussing and amma's gentle care had started a connection quite different. one of love, not just distant respect. just as khushi grew close to his fam, he is getting attached to hers. 

... he is totally at a loss, they paid, he didn't mean them to and bua ji is all set to start cooler, "baitho bitwa baitho baitho..." such open happy loving, how can a boy who lost this touch of simple unaffected love all those years ago, not respond to this. "asr ke seene mein dil nahin hai..." asr doesn't have a heart in his breast, he had said long ago, nothing could be further from the truth. 

the heart was always there... hurt, vulnerable, behind a protective fort of no faraq, and yet it wanted to be loved... asr simply disarmed, flows toward this clean love. lovely

his "ji buaji," easy, gentle, so telling... he is feeling pretty awkward.

considering what khushi did... really the boy is nand kissore.

"arre, maine sabke liye mangwaya..." 

he has got food not just for himself... for everyone. 

beautiful beautiful scene... how much this arrogant unthinking man who cares not for middle class people who has to be taught so much has thought of each person.. the best he can...

instantly it registers with khushi. the music of their feelings wafts in. she is completely surprised and touched.

"yeh mushroom soup, ekdam mild hai... matlab halka hai, uncle ke liye..." mushroom soup easy and mild for babu ji, asr fishes out the pack and hands over... something so loving in the way he does it. matter of fact loving asr ishtyle.

khushi feels sall sorts of things, she had just assumed something... but no it wasn't so. and when was the last time someone got something specially for babu ji... he knows how much she loves him, is that why he thinks of the soup first, i wonder... 

then the sweetest thing ever, for the wife who he is angry with and hurt by even... "aur yeh pasta red sauce, spicy hai... woh... khushi ko teekha khana accha lagta hai..." he has ordered a spicy pasta, because she likes hot food, the opposite of what he likes.

this very tender side of asr, always there. a complete contrast to his other side it is. i find this natural, life like. he is a full deep character, every trait of his has weight, nothing bland about him. and to spike and accent it, his particular brand of gussa.

"toh maine socha ki... khushi ko teekha pasand hai..." so i thought... khashi likes spicy... he sort of lets it hang in the air. khushi is close to tears.

she holds the box... i am thinking of that "tum kuch kha lena" day when he had handed her a box of food and she had been so touched though she didn't know why; bemused, she had sat staring at the food. and he had just wanted to give it to her himself, though ostensibly he was doing it to help di... that day they had warred constantly and he had been hurt by her describing him negatively to the kids and he had felt really bad for misjudging her, not replying to her call. he had also been grateful to her for what she'd done for di... of course, the ankh micholi playing with op had left him totally spun weirdly.. layers of feelings of so many kinds they always ignite in each other. ❤️

and today as well. it's not that simple ever. anger hurt tenderness hate laughter more, many things tie them to each other.

"yeh macaroni white sauce, aap ko achha lagega..." this white sauce with mac, you will like... he has got that for the two ladies.

bua ji and amma are terribly touched, a tad shy too, and they have no idea how to eat the stuff.

for this scene really, the episode sparkled with beauty. pretty rare this beauty.

the bad boy who doesn't know how to live the way they live, knows how to love the way they love it seemed. he watched them intently for a bit, saw his ma in law struggling with her fork, then showed her how to use it. 

... this episode is really about these two and a boy... about a distant damad who became like a son, though he couldn't call anyone mother. 

"aunty, isse aise khate hain..." aunty, it's eaten like this. asr solves, directs, talks straight, does what he thinks is right. never meant to hurt anyone... as he feels their love he seems to blosson...

khushi watches her fam being shown love by her husband, she is entranced by the happiness around the table, he brings it. he has watched her doing exactly this too at his place. the feelings these moments generate finally hold sway.. the bad nasty wretched feelings have to give way.  

beautiful detailing by director of the two women warming to this overture by damad ji. bua ji is spectacular, ah those many expressions. music is mellifluous. feelings murmur, a family bonds, over small little gestures and looks, so much happening, very ipk.

he asks tentatively, "aap ko khana achha laga... " do you like the food? unbelievable... i am thinking. look what a bit of love from the heart does to this softie. he is not thrusting his taste down their throat, he wants to know if they like it; it's important, he wants to get it right and he wants them to enjoy the meal. the faux pas of last evening perhaps makes him want this even more.

i remember him watching with a moving smile as his whole fam gathered around shyam while he made jalebis, the day after teej. these things have always mattered to him, but he has chosen to watch from a distance... now, he is ready close the distance, get involved, be part of it... 

bua ji is totally smitten with her rude damad, she bursts out, "bahut achha haai... itna majaa aaya!" is's very good, really enjoyed... 

amma gives a sweet gesture of approval.

and just as you think this is so lovely, the sugar is controlled. not good for a man with diabetes, after all.

and so mohan comes with news.

asr sees the suv. minus wheels, sitting on bricks. expression that was soft and puppy dog cute hardens instantly. what the goes all the way to "f". 😆

"khushi, ek minute bahar aao..." coe out for a minute... he is tense but trying not to yell and scream before the family. 

asr music is starting. war coming up... we are being conditioned and prepared. 

and holding her hand he charges down the steps.

hmm, he is very angry, but no need to do that cheek thing in front of the whole world, asr.

"aap ki seat, ab aap kahan baithenge..."  khushi's mouth opens, eyes go saucer like, hands come up to cover mouth. she is horrified. Only the shell of the suv remains, everything is gone. I felt in this scene Khushi's antics were just over acting. Didn't feel cute just out of place..

"gadi ke spare parts kahan hai... abhi batao..." where are the spare parts, tell me now. he is harsh. can i blame him for thinking she is the culprit, given the last few days.

she is upset that he accuses her of stealing, but he "bloody well can" assume that because her brain can think that way... and neatly comes in the humiliating early moments of episode. if you can devise that public bath, you can do anything.

"sahi hai, tum mujhe pareshan karne ke liye kuch bhi kar sakti ho..." to hassle me, you can do anything.

and just as we saw at the head of episode, the mohalla slowly gathers around.

"humne kuch nahin kiya..." i've done nothing.

"agar nahin bhi kiya toh bhi galti tumharo hi..." if you haven't also, even then it is your fault. 

divine senselessness. Oh I had missed this line when I watched. Just don't like this public fight.. 😕

yes, everything is khushi's fault. who told her to appear before him, fall into his arms, tremble those lips and go straight to someone's heart piercing right through that fortress wall, through each and every faraq nainn padta. yes, khuhi, it is your fault. exactly as once she had yelled, "sab aapki galti hai," so here... your fault. bas. beautiful Indi di!

and a nice husband wife fight. Not nice samajhi aap?!

call police.

don't tell me what to do. i have already called.

good... then come and eat.

i wont go inside till spare parts come.

"theek hai, khade rahiye tab tak jab tak khud ke purze kharab na ho jaaye..." fine, keep standing, till your parts all stop working. teehee. um, what does that robbing of each car part mean? all his insides are stolen by this mad wife of his and getting spruced up nicely?

she tells him to calm down, neighbours watch. 

"right, sab mujhe nahate hue dekh sakte hain, lekin chillate hue nahin!" right, everyone can watch me bathing but not shouting.

got to give it to the angry asr. he's got a point. shatir connection, my dear man.

girl storms in.

hot man leans against car, of course after banging it once. characteristically. aadat se majboor.

yeh shyam nahin mastani.

a quick mention of shyam ji the boringly evil. he is angry with the locksmith for taking time.

he loudly talks to no one in particular about "badiya mauka", great chance. something very unpolished in the way shyam is directed. unnecessary typical serialness. he was so interesting when it al started.

damad ji...

mama ji find shim here. he even sees the soap with the key impression. he comments this damad's ajeeb aadat... earlier he was there when the wire in the pool incident happened. yet he never connected anything. they simply disappeared him.

while one damad took big steps toward becoming a son, the other who always behaved like a son again showed his true colours. green and vicious.

last thought: all about food this episode... eating together, feeding, such primal human ways of bonding, trusting, creating community. and over this spread a delightful feast of emotions... the starter was a little off, but the main meal, lovely, and the sugar free dessert, wah wah... especially upset man standing leaning against his robbed ransacked car ... and that topping of, so they can watch me bathe but they can't hear me shout.

Very nicely written Indi di. There is something about IPK that even when an episode had such a dreadful sequence we can't just say hello hi bye bye. It gives us the lunch scene and you end up stopping and saying all this. Really liked your take. Thank you for writing!

That last shot of him leaning against the SUV..hayee.. fabulous..
aarwen thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

alas, the girl we knew. rhea, they started to take her apart bit by bit... she was still fascinating at times, but only when the plot needed her to be, or barun's time constraints... she became just a tool in her writer's hands... in the initial days, such a charming girl with so much potential, and how beautifully sanaya etched khushi... was watching one of her little talks with herself over thsi laad governor, sanaya was so comfortable with khushi, her instinct knew this works, this is real... during ott sanaya tried hard, and maybe only because it was her i could bear to watch, but the real woman was nowhere to be seen anymore, patchy scratchy, end oriented writing, no flow in it.

loved the take... comments everywhere.

Thoroughly enjoyed all your comments.. read them multiple times.. Amidst all this I even got out some smileys from you.. Thank you 😊 .

That "khuch dhang ka karo" was amazing. I wish they showed her doing something more sensible than Mrs India. Not that I have a problem with her being Mrs India but she never had a talent or inclination for modelling then why? And even then I would have been willing to change my opinion had they not shown her completely gawaar and out of elements so many times in that track. Tripping on heels, bad English, that scene about her not knowing how to do makeup.. 😕 I didn't like that at all. 

You know I was thinking today that in a way it is good that they brought in Swami and all this to follow otherwise it would have become regular rona dhona and truthfully I may have found that boring.. So I do favor this lightness, but somehow multiple times Khushi just does not seem to have depth.. I can't see her on screen and immediately remember her love for Arnavji or the pain of heartbreak.. That makes it difficult to identify with her even though i try hard.. All that craziness when teaching Lavanya and yet you could hear her dhak dhaks loud and clear and today there is silence in this respect until the scene specifically brings it out.. 

which brings me to this line.."when the writer botched it, the actor and director took over. just with voice at time, oh what he made asr into..." Lovely lovely thought di..  with Arnav I never once feel the disconnect. And I don't think it is bias towards the actor just that he and the director never let me forget what is going on inside ASR..