Blast from the Past Thread #24 ** Golgappa Times ** p 113, ep 246 - Page 11

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: ArshiHamesha

We are on 42nd street [Times Square] , no I mean 24th street πŸ˜† No I mean Thread...

I couldn't resist while coming from a meeting at 42nd street and at the Subway that's how I pictured him and after search made this edit.😊 

Amazing Lines of Durga all across made this thread breezy .Kate added visual and meaning to that gentle and caring breeze and indi's story was the moisture in that breeze ...like sprinkling water right at your face.Horizon ,yet to read...

Thank You for the team especially our Supi through planning and all Whats app to provide th opportunity to join this team.I think our Thread is the most beautiful on this planet known as IF.

Ami's drool are like chat patta sexy pakpdas .Yummy Yummy !

Durga your comparison with Hahk is awesome and Indi'd edits are making it more fab.

Wiwy's gif is just too awww...and telling a different  story this time.Poor Arnav in his khata meetha sasural...

~ ~ ~   ~ ~ ~   ~ ~ ~

Meaning of 24...combo of 2 and 4😊
24 represents to carry on with passion and  enthusiasm.  Believe in yourself and your inner talents and abilities in order to find success and achieve your desires and aspirations.  Trust that achieving your goals is within sight.The Angel Number 24 is a message to listen to your intuition and inner wisdom and trust that the angels are ensuring that your needs are met as you toil towards success and achievement. 

Congratulations to ALLπŸ₯³

Faiqa killer edit.  Thanks to that meeting on the 42nd st. And I see NY all over this with that Niagara falls at the bottom.. I have visualized ASR, Khushi in Times square many a times.  that Delhi 6 song, dil gira kahi par.. directly from chandini chowk to Times Sqare... I posted a while ago,  imagined even jalebi stalls there and Khushi happily munching.
Thanks for that no 24 import.

Why blue any specific reason?
indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
episode 232

why do i give a damn?

why do you care?

a tiny little plant in a dark corner of the boot, its green alive leaves battling the shadows and visible but only just, that's what really caught my attention in this episode and seemed to leave an impression even deeper than a certain man looking rather dishy in the sunlight with his cold or whatever it was that ailed him.

the little plant touched my heart, i am extremely fond of gardens and plants myself, and the fact that the otherwise dry and deliberately brown grey black white man has such a connection with green, the colour of life of spring of resurgence, is not at all by chance i am sure. at an obvious and stated level plants and spending time with them connects him to his mother, but a gardener finally never fails to connect with the garden and its message.

it is an intensely personal relationship, between two sides, both alive, both breathing, both growing and communicating in ways that are really not easy to explain. if you feel it, you feel it.

arnav singh raizada has a tie with his plants which is as valid and visceral as his bond perhaps with his memories, even his pain and anger. this is his unconscious shout out to life, to beauty and joy... everything he at a conscious level has banished from his life. mistrusting them, angry with them. this says he yearns for all of that and gives hope when it all comes to him, he will open up to it, not shun it. and we did see, how ready he was getting to bloom when he finally understood why he gives a faraq for khushi. and khushi perhaps is the gardener who is going to care for him right and awaken a dormant seed of love lying deep in him... oh that one single plant can make one think of so many things and all beautiful really.

wondering at the number of bags she has packed for their short stay and not at all happy with it, he is taking out all the bags. very traditional is mr asr in this respect: he is the man, so he will carry heavy stuff... i can't say i am complaining.

he has just taken out the last of the bags and said "shaaat up" to khushi with a certain amount of relish, when she says,

"aur woh?" and that?

he peers inside and there sits the little plant in a ridiculous plastic pot.

for once he has no answers, no anger, just a "yeah?" this is not easy to understand, she has been mad at him for a while and that seems fine, the kind of reaction that can be rationally fathomed... he knows she is manipulating the situation, dragging him to her home, not to make him happy but to make him suffer a bit... she has shown every indication of that and he is quite comfortable with it.

because i believe this is a territory he understands.

friction, anger, revenge, he knows how they work... he also expects her to be in that space given the situation.

but this?

"woh... humne socha ki aapko yahan pe agar paudho ki yaad aayi toh... " er, i thought if you should remember your plants while staying here... and, lo and behold, she has brought one along just so that he is comfortable. she has her stars without which she is not happy... and a part of her - unguarded, fluid, undeniable - makes a connection which she can't look away from. she knows he will be uncomfortable here. ostensibly that is exactly what she wants.

but yet she carries with her a thing of comfort for him.

sometimes we can't even understand ourselves. i loved this insightful nature of ipk, this sussing of the human mind. of understanding emotions more intuitively. the writers, directors, actors, music and sound guys, everyone seemed to get it.

arnav singh raizada looks at his wife silently... a feeling deepening. she looked back and the emotions found her, felt her her, she felt them. some moments are indeed beautiful. they come right out and grab us.

the plant, a metaphor surely? for a relationship? needs love, care, soil water, sun, to grow to thrive. his plants, she has taken them and perhaps started owning his world, what he loves too, just as she has taken on his love for his sister and feels a complete responsibility toward it.

also as she is planning his destruction... a simple little plant keeps their relationship nurtured, watered, still growing...

a beautiful moment segued to a small but striking gesture, she sort of held out her hands and he willingly handed her the plant. how much trust did that speak of and maybe even a dependence that has grown.

if ma's garden existed in the script at that time, we are headed toward it... i have often missed seeing him with his plants... it's his place and space of reverie, of being completely himself... when he destroys plants it hurts me but i know it's his way of loving, of owning, of expressing... he can't talk to everyone, he can't show his feelings to all... it's only with his plants he feels without fear and also senses his mother... primal love.

today he is willing to let a girl who gets on his nerves, a home breaker, one who has shattered his heart, take that plant... what does it say. lovely, isn't it?

a suggestion here again of khushi beginning to fill a space left bereft and in boundless emptiness after maa's going.

way back, he had known that it was she who had filled his office with plants in an attempt to reach him, to get him to take la back. she had cared like mad even then, she had known him instinctively even then, and he had responded, feeling that understanding, that empathy perhaps even then...

as he had held another, the only tell tale sign of her feelings, a tear drop rolling down a cheek...

and from him too a clear sign, that perplexed look... that deep and moving question flitting through him... why that tear, what hurts her? and why does it hurt him so much, that one lone tear?

today it's a lone plant, and it says things both so want to believe, so need to cherish. in 230 we spoke of "pehchaan" and i had felt a time of knowing each other beyond what the rational plane dictates and crowds the mind with is coming up... there will be little slips and signs of love and feelings which neither can quite understand, nor can deny or refuse. the plant is definitely one of my favourites among these.

going back to the beginning of episode... doh aat din...!!! two eight days!!! man is exploding.

girl is smiling.

a game is on.

as a direct result of all the "love" talk on ittr and class, and thanks to a serendipitous phone call by amma, khushi has devised a plan to take him to her place and give him a taste of middle class life first hand.

by the time he comes home, it is fait accompli, well almost...

in the midst of all the oozing with sweetness fam talk and how this will be so good for him, he is fuming and says something so asr and matter of fact, you got to say, the guy has a point. he says, we live in the same city so what's the "matlab" of going and staying there?

di gives maika missing talk... and how he too has tied a rishtaa with her fam and must not ignore that.

i am loving the back shots of asr being barun and not his not-at-all-like-asr double. such a pleasure to see the right ear, the perfect shape of head... the haircut. even behind star logo.

love signature slouch.

"c'mon itna delay toh kar hi sakta hoon..." c'mon i can delay things by this much, can't i? he does "push back" in that very corporate way making me giggle and gets his way by insisting they will go only the next day. not today.

purposeful rolling of sleeves as di and nani leave... getting ready for a fight? always enjoy his interaction with his clothes... everything has a certain rhythm to it, a logic if you will. comes home, starts loosening tie, takes off jacket, rolls sleeves or takes of waistcoat... little touches of direction that say so many things... finicky, particular, likes to dress the part and oh when he gets back... tired... ready to come out of that day's shebang and refresh... despite its paucity and extreme meagreness i liked his wardrobe... it said too, man was not wasteful and obsessed with things...

and how barun managed to look so hot with so few clothes, even pretty weird suits with piping, that i'll never know.

"swami!" says a pleased wife.

a man lunges forward, a finger lands on lips.

"kal tumhare saath chal raha hoon," i am going with you tomorrow, he starts...

music in, her eyes look up, dazed.

without thinking he has set his index finger against her soft tender highly erogenous zone... lips. sensitive with many nerve endings, a part of the body clearly linked to intimacy and sexuality.

she is instantly aware, but his gussa needs to get out before the whole thing strikes him...

"ab mujhe iss naam se mat bulana... okay..." now don't call me by that name, okay... he completes. anger is on, irritation in the way he nearly grinds his teeth...

then a second, as he looks at her a bit puzzled at her reaction... still angry, a move of the head and a velvet sort of "understood?"

(okay i am clutching keyboard, but valiantly typing... hai re my determination to "analyse" teehee.)

supremely aware of him, she nods an ok.

then at last master's eyes lower to to take in the situation that gives cause for big big helpless helpless eyes.

lashes flicker, a realisation, music says madness of romance not of sanka.

at last it all registers... he stands staring, then haltingly moves his finger away... embarrassed? moved?

her eyes always said more than her lips were ever allowed to, she follows the path of that finger mesmerised.

he sort of breaks the tie of that moment, but he looks at her bent head, his eyes full of feelings, his scar on eyelid somehow more visible from this angle.

she looks shaken, not part of game this finger.

he turns away and leaves the room. things are too heated to just switch to yell scream... play.

at gh, all are going crazy preparing for damad ji's arrival.
"ee sasure ko kahan phit kare bhai..." where to fix this thing, asks buaji. a gigantic contraption does buaji pore over. the cooler. accident or is it a sense of pursed lip humour which brings cooler straight after that hot scene?

a five year old cooler, that rarely works. "ka pharak padat hai garima... chhai phoot ka aadmi hai.. are chhat unchi karo toh kauno baat hai." buaji speaks of his six foot height and avers, if one can raise the ceiling only then it might make a difference to their humble home.

what's this with asr being given extra height? why is tall so hot? napoleon was short... and i don't mind asr whatever his height, he stands tall because of his stature anyway, not his physical frame.

hai cooler dev... bua knows damad ji's dimaag is bahut garam, very hot, and must be kept shant, peaceful...

lovely scene. okay this is a melodrama mama fam, this is natural to them... and that utter chaos at the first visit of damad, happens in the most staid of fams too.

"toofan ki aayke chetavani ho..." we are clearly warned by the writers that a storm is on its way... we know to expect some "bomb shomb".

nani ji... hum chalte hain. nani ji, i am going, says khushi

chalte nahin kahat hai, kahiye, hum aate hain. not going, say, i am coming, says nani to her tender sweet grand daughter in law. (i make my daughter say exactly that every morning, my mother did the same with me... we say, "aashi" when leve home meaning, i'll be back.)

khushi is in tears. her home it is she leaves. and she has this sensitive soul, once she accepts you into her circle, you mean so so much. she is an orphan who responds beautifully to love, she needs the love, she needs to love.

a bit like a sunflower is she, hardy perhaps, but give a little loving and see how she blooms.

this is her home now, the circumstances of her marriage do not tarnish her sense of belonging. perhaps yet another tell tale sign of that love? to her her marriage is real, and she has a right here, the same as she would have if all had been well between her and asr and he had married her in happier circumstances.

he is watching her emotional hugs and bye byes.

an eyebrow must ascend, a face must move muscles. i think of harrison ford, the only other guy who could bring on that indescribable look at times. barun is as good, no just a beeet better. sorry harrison ji. hume maaf kar dijiye.

"haan toh theek hai, nahin jaate hain..." oh okay then, let's not go...  he can't take her kkgsr ishtyle leave taking. so cute.

"na boora lagega na yaad aaygi... we'll be fine." uff, how many times must i die this epi.

then comes asr style farewell... "see you guys," eyebrows up down, "well soon."

then comes mami encounter... and completely lunatic "knaaaldge" sharing. ghee oil phishing mad mami and hot bhanja with the cutest expressions... gimme more senseless talk though i know it's all loaded with some meaning which i'll never get.

"ebhry night dinner ke baad one goli..." she gives him tablets to be taken every night after dinner to fend off the attack of acidity from all the extra oil and ghee in the cooking at his in laws, a sign apparently of the special love for son in law.

well he does get some doses every night, only of a different med.

"okay." a resigned asr.

mami and kkgsr are the only two people i think who can leave him totally speechless.

in the car to gh, another little natak by his wife, she in triumphant mood.
she asks will you have roti or paratha, traffic lights go from all green to only red. foot on break. all go to complete stop. it was funny but too pointed not too mean a thing. jerky, irritating... is it a frame of mind being indicated?

barun has started looking pale and a bit down, like he has a cold or something...

khushi talks nonstop to herself, he drives quietly next to her looking at her from time to time. intimate, private, asr khushi moments. so much has happened here. she refers to a few of those incidents. but there was also the silent raging desire after diwali... the concentrated feelings which pulsated, called for attention, but refused to name themselves.

car screeches to stop... as she had said... "out", says curt man as she had predicted.

"phir se?" again? she does drama, goes to leave.

"chup chaap gadi main baitho," sit quiet in the car, commands the irritated damad ji.

"seatbelt!"

her bakbak and natak are getting to him.

"aaj mausam hai suhana maike jaane ka hai bahana

what the what the..." starts again.

babli and mami ji have an interesting chat about making "raaaberts" as in robots. will someone start behaving like a robot soon? is it anjali?

and out by the poolside an obscene water play is about to begin.

the soap games by snake and anjali.

when anjali provokes her yeh bhi na with a jet of water, he snaps, unmindful of his act in the desperation to find the soap with the key impression... and a tell tale slip of "unlove" from him,

"bas kijiye, anjali!"

no raani sahiba. oops.

she is mad at him and they play this unnecessarily suggestive hose pipe game, both throw water and make each other wet. there was a lot of sexuality in these scenes, much more than what we have seen between these two, i wondered why.

babli needs soap. and she finds it. nice key impression on a magically dry bar of soap... hai re continuity dev. and how come no one noticed babli and hp there... so big is the pool area, is it? or does it also change size depending on need, we know it flies everywhere.

never mind, at gh, the whole mohalla is out to welcome khushi with her husband.

"hoi!" says the articulate businessman upon seeing the amount of luggage.

this was the day for barun's expressions...

"are you?... yahan ghar basana hai kya..." husky smoky voice.

"woh... humne..." she is lost, and strangely affected by him.

"shaat up!"

barun was perhaps not well, but he looked devastatingly and particularly handsome today. the sun caught his hair in a strange fascinating way, his eyes seemed browner, his cheeks a bit gaunt but oh what lines, and the light in his eyes... shaat up, indi.

edit: changed a couple of words since the initial ones seemed a bit off. 
Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
πŸ‘

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 231

love looks not with the eyes but with the mind
and therefore is wing'd cupid painted blind
~~~ william shakespeare, a midsummer night's dream ~~~

an episode that starts with shyam is bound to not make me too happy. yet, when i look at what i read in it, he does seem to be a good representative of the god of desire, erotic love, attraction and affection... cupid.

structure wise, everything seemed to be focussed on getting the couple to shift to gh. khushi was back to her let me kill you with love strategy, asr snarled and looked hot and was deliciously rude. all that class talk had to happen i guess, and right in the middle of it of course amma had to call so that khushi makes the connection and takes the classy one for a look see of the not so wealthy middle class world he supposedly abhors and ridicules.

i say supposedly because the least classy of them all mami ji lives with him and gets an inordinate amount of love and respect despite her bizarre ways and tongue... a rather lovely nonjudgmental love there, because he seems to value the core of a person, the essential being, that may not even be easily apparent and missed by the less perceptive.

but with khushi, he must snarl, he must be really really mean, go straight for the jugular. oh i love that. says, she gets under his skin and how... he looks for the choicest words to get to her, make her mad, get angry, and he never ever wonders why he does that.

a girl who according to him is a home breaker, who loves another... he can't just throw her out of his life. he who hates galat and wants to be sahi and never anything else, when he sees the most galat thing ever on the terrace he can't bring himself to cut a tie his faraq has started making...

his many layers come into play. with one he hates her, even despises. with the other he can't help but love her, adore her actually. kaash main tumse nafrat kar pata.

and she, she who has every reason to absolutely hate him. look at how he has demeaned her, dragged her to a temple and set up a "contract" marriage, whatever that is, hasn't given her a single chance to place her point of view, hasn't asked her for one even... if she hated him would that be abnormal?

yet, she frets when he is hurt, stays up nights when he is unwell, asks him what he meant by main hamsha hamesha tumse..., gets mad at him when he doesn't answer... and never ever asks herself why it's important to know that or why she does what she does.

the laws of desire, attraction, erotic love, affection are not so easy to understand, for this one needs at the very least a god.

and so comes shyam with orange juice. making us think instantly of a lopsided smile growing and a girl in tears saying "woh santre ka juice nahin mila na, iss liye." if you ask me, that day, cupid's arrow had found its mark so sharp and right, someone never quite recovered...

the drums beat, speaking of foul play, felony. khushi is approaching... and shyam has seen the wallet, lying open on the table. a very careless tycoon is in the bathroom.

an uncomfortable scene ensues. shyam crosses the line again and again, and khushi is hardly as vocal as you'd expect her to be... at least in this she is consistent. maybe they tried to indicate the sort of pressure relationships bring to bear on a situation. he is anjali's husband, asr's brother in law, the son in law of the family in a culture where sons in law are given a very high and special status. she being at one time just a girl who comes home to teach someone and even now, the bahu of the family, can't really treat him the way she may even wish to...

however, finally she does tell him off with a stern, "humen chhoone ki koshish bhi mat kijiye..." don't even try to touch me.

and soon after, she tells herself not to think of the man, just bury the thoughts and forget them... this as aarwen pointed out, may be a trait of khushi's. when things are particularly unpleasant, painful... she tries to look away from them. her constant jabber, her eating, both may be signs of that. and her stars may have come about as a result of that as well. the loss of her parents was too too traumatic for an eight year old, she needed something to hang onto, something to just take it all away... and maybe of this need came that beautiful vishwas. a trait can express in many ways, sometimes positively, sometimes just as a weird quirk, even rather nastily at times.

anyway, this whole drama is about a key. the key to asr's locker that shyam wants to swipe. the first time i saw, of course i had hopes it will lead to some story, now we know otherwise.

but maybe the key has another purpose? reminds me of a meeting in a darga, mannat, even mystery and unlocking... maybe they are looking for the key to each other's hearts, feelings...

the episode is dotted with things that are like little signals and signs, orange juice is such an asr khushi thing... key, from the third episode it means something.

wallet. a place where you keep precious things. what a lot of time the two are shown squabbling over it. and then a funny crazy dhadkane moment.

"what the hell, mera wallet!" now why do i like this man to sound this exasperated and short all the time.

"mera wallet tumhare paas kya kar raha hai..." he snaps what's my wallet doing with you to her very wife like helpfulness with it. and it was interesting the way she ran to make sure his wallet was dry, his money fine, now that was not just to show him... so shyam the cupid did his job quite well.

asr is particular, finicky... lovely. and maybe true to type.

"meri cheezon ko haath mat lagaya karo" don't touch my things... divine love talk is on. you interfere with my frequency, my signal, you unnerve me with your very presence, if you "haath lagao" me or mine, i might melt, so please... hands off! i got to stay mad at you. i hate you, after all.

"aap chahe toh paise gin sakte hain..." you can count the money if you like, she says, the way he goes on about anyone touching his wallet, i don't blame her. but he's taken aback. he did not mean that... no not at all... he meant the other thing he he.

she is as sweet as she'd promised to be, he acerbic, irritable, gorgeous.

he looks at her in that slightly lost, genuinely surprised then moving to contrite way... "no no i didn't mean that..." so natural and sweet, how does this girl remain sane after that. she doesn't, thank g.

"main kuch aur dekh raha tha..." i was checking something else, as he says that she looks at him bemused, getting just a little bit lost... but then quickly she comes back to her scheming khushi self.

i love these little escapes into that feeling they can't contain, can't control.

she insists on helping him with his jacket. with an angry look he decides to give in, she prattles on, distracting him... and a hot smart one from asr:

"tumhari kya schedule hai aur tumhari governor se meeting kab hai usme mujhe koi interest nahin hai.!" what your schedule is and when you are to meet teh goivernor is of no interest to me. he tries to put her in her place, but she is irrepressible...

"suniye toh... hamare governor toh aap hai..." listen, you are my governor... with a cheesy look. oh irritattting. he needs to go now.

but she does another natak and lies down in his path. excessive khushiness, more than ott is being reached. yet it reminds me of a story of love from childhood. kali was mad at the world and running around killing all, decimating the earth, everyone ran to shiv and said, do something, get your wife to calm down. shiv lay down on road, knwoing she'd be passing that way. kali came raging down the opath and steped on his chest by mistake, she did not see him. but the moment she realised, she stopped, her tongue out in a sign of oops what have i done. yeah, she was touching her patidev's chest with her foot. sacrilege. and in that pause, her gussa came down. when we bongs do kali puja, that pose is what the idol depicts. to me it has also always meant extreme love... both his and hers. kali is the emblem of shakti, poer, she is also the goddess of time and change... shiva is her eternal consort, the destroyer and transformer of our worlds in the trimurti... together they are a couple suggesting many things at many levels. a sense of dynamism, of timelessness, of essential bonds, and truth.

with that one completely crazy move of khushi's, and even as i was thinking, what the... what have they written and what is she doing, i thought of all that... slight goosebumps.

a hanky is lovingly proffered, angrily taken.

a handkerchief with a lipstick mark and a scent.

very tacky, very silly... and i really can't blame asr for flying into a rage. whenever the guy has a meeting his biwi does something strange, this is a very kkg thing, the amount of times she has barged into his meetings...

this time, such an intimate innuendo. the lipstick is obvious, but the hanky and the ittr make me smile and again wander into the labyrinth of love...

handkerchief always brings to mind othello. some say, that killing a beloved wife because you believed such a flimsy so called proof is ridiculous, and maybe it is... maybe even shakespeare knew that hanky was a thin excuse but it is today a part of a potent tale of love and my subconscious automatically takes note.

seems in portugal girls sew handkerchiefs of love for men they like, i know in the old days in bengal, girls would sew the husband's initials onto these patches of fabric, a very wife thing to do... seen in many movies, i am almost sure what charulata sews here is a hanky for her hubs.

and ittr... scent. oh what could be more signal giving between a man and woman. musk dear flitting through my head and all the other thoughts of what perfume does to turn on the lovin'.

sweetly enough, though she has done this to get after him, she is very offended at his calling her trick and perfume "cheap". what, cheap? nooo, she has chosen one of the best ittr from chandni chowk... telltale i thought. you want to somewhere always get the best for him, even if it's to make him go nuts.

as i look at all the cues of love or should i say lovin' scattered through the episode... orange juice, key, wife on floor crossing pati parameshwar's path, hanky, ittr... it's like some sign language is going on between the writers and the viewers' subconscious mind. at the rational plane, nothing really makes much sense, only that moves toward gh are afoot, but at a stage when it is not possible to show the two in deep romance, subliminal messages of love keep coming. we are kept focussed and tuned, while creatives grapple with trp issues and what's to be shown after marriage, and how to handle barun's leave, and other such mundane matters. 

in the middle of that the revelation that bubbly is an orphan. a couple of scenes with the kid i could bear to watch. they were perhaps trying to build a story with her, but nothing came of it. never quite understood ipk's thing for orphans... jung and freud should watch the show, lots of collective unconscious and archetypes there i think and of course dreams that are analyzed but never enough.

todally beyond all analysis. me serious.

how can a guy, in the middle of a most not spectacular scene look like that and say something so gorgeously. angry, irritated, incredulous, hot, very hot, dangerously hot, barun really got asr well 😳.

Indi, loved your symbolic narration of the tale with all the signs.. Nice connection made from seemingly scattered thing.

I almost thought you left his "you serious" thing when you didn't write it along with that sequence near the door step. tad disappointed honestly.. as it IS the thing I would watch in repeat mode in this epi.. both for the way barun  delivered  and for what I read into it. But very joyed to see you saving the best thing to the last:) thank you.. I was telling aarwen, it almost looked as if he was  disappointed/ couldn't believe that Khushi could be this silly..altho he loved her sanka a lot..as if he missed that spunky Khushi who fought with him.. if, for a missed kiss she can firmly say "nahi understand aap samjhayiye hume" . for a forced marriage she could certainly do lot better.. but she didn't.. only took a reverse turn... may be it was too much for her.. as sanka is her own defense mechanism like his anger. If that feisty Khushi were to be there may be our man would have certainly gone into some much needed sahi galath introspections like his earlier self ... to our joy. ,

About that wallet indeed I thought a business man couldn't be more careless leaving it in the open. Early on, they would have shown Shyam retrieving it from the closet or a draw and suddenly leaving on the table seeing Khushi  coming. But now, the character had to bear the brunt .. chalo.. theek..

Agree about the hankey, yes sewing loved one's name is done almost across India I guess.. And didn't Kh give one to Payal with her and akash's name. As much as I cringed when ever Kh barged into his meetings,  all the undercurrents you wrote, could have been shown here if he was alone in his cabin when he saw it. Well, by this time writers almost swore not to show any longing intimacy of the early days.  But yes, it had Khushi's craving for him all over. When she said "aap hain hamara governor", she meant it from the bottom of her heart.

And, I heard that story of shiv- Parvthi you narrated, but didn't know that's the idol celebrated in Bengal. thanks for the info. Thought it was the one when she annihilates Mahishasura.

This one turned out rather long. sorry indi . But thoroughly enjoyed the read.
Edited by Horizon - 10 years ago
Horizon thumbnail

Originally posted by: ArshiHamesha

EPISODE 231

Slippery Slopes...

The set up for next phase is placed where evil will have time to set up his next slippery games to make sure Arnav's slip never make him rise up which will make Khushi's slip in his lap...But Khushi's will power which not only stops Arnav's fall but also make Shyam's reach to Arnav's fall imposible. She brings herself in between Arnav and Shyam in such a way that "Shyam's will" surely slip into his own digging grave to make his way out of RM permanently. Shyam definitely has a privilege to cradle this crib in Arnav's absence .

PONDERING CONNECTED DOTS: Slippery move of Khushi through which SHyam gets the impression of the key , slippery move of Arnav later for not listening Khushi and leaving for London cradling Shyam's squeaky cradle with slippery oil and gets kidnapped.

"You must have been warned against letting the golden hours slip by; but some of them are golden only because we let them slip by."James M.Barrie"

Shyam  hides behind a wall is about to enter and sneak away with the key when  he gets his first obstruction,Anjali to reach his assets,..."Khushi and Money of ASR"... but he escorts her away  smartly by taking the orange juice as a decoy.His search of wallet in which the key is again gets obstructed by Khushi , "an asset within asset" . He takes advantage of Khushi's misunderstanding and irritates her with his filthy lusty ways till juice falls on his precious asset. Khushi refuses his filthy touch of help but paves his move towards his desirous key which will push her into dep trouble.She brings the wallet from her room to Eternal heaven to  dry out the content where Shyam uses this opportunity to get the impression of the key on the soap  ...

Pause here [Symbolism and connection]:The baby , the cradling sound of this child is the "key" for Shyam as "apni chabbi hum khud bana laingey"...[I'll make my own key]...and he will use it at every step of his game plan and this chain reaction has started since the wedding night.Anjali's best husband will make her move on his little finger the way he wants to move the cards of this game.Khushi whenever, confronts with Shyam, gets deeper into the mess.His smirky touch is going to taint her but her fighting spirit will bring her back and she is the one who will expose him according to this hint"taking out the Rakhsha Dhaga"That shows the deep meaning of it because she says "iss adami keh bare main na hi sochain to acha hai...mitti dalo aur bhool jao" [I don't want to think about that man and just bury and forget"]..  while taking it out, meaning She actually digs it out ...So despite her best intention since from the beginning for Anjali and the family , Khushi will  bring out the true face of Shyam to everybody as this Raksha Dhaga was given to Arnav by Shyam through Naniji to keep in his wallet.

Next comes the scene where Arnav is searching for his wallet and Khushi brings him the wallet explaining the reason of keeping it out at the Eternal heaven...Arnav searches for his precious key while Khushi  mistakes it for his mistrust on her...Love his stammering over her innocent statement,"u can count money"...She loses her control for a second and can't resist taking her eyes off of him and same with him.But the next moment she lowers her eyes.She doesn't want to let him see the mischievousness in her eyes which he knows and couldn't ignore the smile seeing her like that.

But the next moment she lowers her eyes.She doesn't want to let him see the mischievousness in her eyes which he knows and couldn't ignore the smile seeing her like that.

ymbolisms and connections:The wallet with different pockets as members of family and as Khushi was keeping the family out of messy weather[messy cold sticky juice ] ..by her hasty decisions of not letting anyone knows about the mess of Shyam but it will be Arnav's arbitration to set the things in order in family and among them ...

PONDERING CONNECTED DOTS:The movement of wallet to Eternal heaven and Shyam's taking imprint of the key is bringing Khushi back to Shyam later when He wants to use her again to get Arnav's signature of the Will's paper meaning Khushi will complete his task as she brings Wallet back to Arnav...While Khushi again remains oblivious of all the content of the file till the very end.

Arnav's"meri cheezon ko haath mat lagaya karo"[Don't touch my stuff] , his casting his right to tell him and her casting her right to insist on helping him with his jacket.He so loved this small "attention" and "touch" of her that giving in with angry look was a good option for him...Khushi is keeping Anjali's words intact and doing exactly, giving attention despite of his irritation .Her busy schedule makes her Laad Governor more angry and he tries to leave his irritating wife but she keeps him for 1:55 ,115 seconds and he gives her a yummilicious "serious " look in his husky voice...

Symbolism and connection:She lies down and doesn't want him to leave for time 1:55 ...Which is 11 by adding all and 155 seconds as a time...11 is the # which mixes moon and sun's energy together to bring perfect balance in masculine and femmine aspects by keeping both in their circles.HARMONY...115 is an angel number which means new beginning and changes are ahead of you.

Gupta house visit indeed makes both of them understand the spirituality of emotions ,kindness in hearts along with balance of equality among them."har kaam tum akaile nahin kar saktin"[u can't do all the work alone]...our macho man will show her how to fix everything and our macho lady with make him dance on her fingers..."main har kaan kar sakta hoon"...Simply both are moving forward towards stepping towards each other as shown in the mirror he was walking towards her and she was towards him unintentionally till bang on...

There is no question , during this visit Arnav will find out the real "Heart" of Guptas and the ppl who don't do everything for money but out LOVE...
PAUSE HERE:His look seeing her lying on the floor and saying her "cross over my dead body" reminds me Heer Ranjha because no matter what , her going away from her is like asking him not to breath...
Khushi's efforts to annoy Arnav Singh Raizada  makes him slip his image in front of his people and angry Raizada calls her up to give her a class speech."Aukat" speech is back after a long time but his comparison of her to Babli riles her up and she takes this class vs heart issue into a battlefield of Gupta house. She accepts Amma's invitation without his consent.

"We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out." Winston Churchill"

PAUSE HERE : The comparison of Bubbli and Khushi ...both orphans  and on the mercy of others.While one is mature and sober and the other behaves like a child...Arnav's sarcasm that" you never act as a grown up" implies that  Khushi is going to transform forcefully under the circumstances... after Guptas's visit she will be matured and a totally different person.

ONDERING CONNECTED DOTS:After the wedding night ,Amma called for Payal and cut the phone , later she asked her to leave the house after the marriage and today everything is coming to it's place just like wallet and it's connecting pockets.

Arshi, Loved that mirror shot..πŸ‘ and all the ponderings around the wallet and the happening in that room between them. his stammering, her unease, then mischievous.. Sanaya delivers this so believably.
But, don't throw chappals, you love for the snake.. he is right on top..:) But smart ones always keep an eye on their enemy. good job :)

That hankey thing didn't irritate me at all, it was all Khushi written all over, anted to see his expression if he were to be alone when he noticed.
Altho aukat was brought in for a specific purpose, I don't think he is in need of a brain wash about it and she should know it by now. The saying "Location, location, location" holds good here as it is more than often the place one is in that gives one an apparent increase in strength. so it may be a different issue in a changed setting.

Lovely read arshi.
Mysticaldivine thumbnail
Arshi, Loved that mirror shot..πŸ‘ and all the ponderings around the wallet and the happening in that room between them. his stammering, her unease, then mischievous.. Sanaya delivers this so believably.
But, don't throw chappals, you love for the snake.. he is right on top..:) But smart ones always keep an eye on their enemy. good job :)

That hankey thing didn't irritate me at all, it was all Khushi written all over, anted to see his expression if he were to be alone when he noticed.
Altho aukat was brought in for a specific purpose, I don't think he is in need of a brain wash about it and she should know it by now. The saying "Location, location, location" holds good here as it is more than often the place one is in that gives one an apparent increase in strength. so it may be a different issue in a changed setting.

Lovely read arshi.

Thnx Horizon,😊

Why chappals ? The ppl who read mine since from the beginning and thoroughly, they know I do whole epi and every character , every element and every angle and theme.Shyam is turning tables again after his scorpy days went on vacation.Now he is back...

I do analysis with totally different angle and I know at this point ppl are used to read in certain ways , some just read to those elements and  without connecting anything else from my pov and I know some ppl just want to discuss and read Arnav and Khushi but story of them is surrounded by a lot of things.Aukat is back because of this whole thing is about how they both are going to transform especially him...She will be more matured after Gupta track and he will  be more understandable towards her after all he has to live in that ghatiya place where HEART and LOVE is everything.

I love the part when he called he was in the office and she was in the kitchen , both places where their strengths are lying...He is excellent at that making deals and she is at cooking...Milk was in the picture meaning ...Mothers love is in the picture ...I am going to explain that in the next...

Thnx for liking the Billboard sign, he looks good over there.

Edited by ArshiHamesha - 10 years ago
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: MehreenB

"Touch of Love"

By

ArshiHamesha  

"Fadak padta hai...pyar se, mohabbat se, Ishq se"... She wants him to embrace it and he wants that from her too.

This is happening since from the beginning.

That day she wanted him to stop La and embrace the LOVE but was confused whom LOVE, La's or her own for him but unconscious side of her  took the conscious one and a lonely tear slipped to depict the whole story of her heart with mixed messages to him.

I must say very deep message you have in this picture by adding Pigeons.From the first epi ,where these messengers were taking the messages all across which came to the surface during their parents' anniversary.Then pigeons, White pure SOULS , mothers and those mothers were together at the end"tumhari ma aur us ke sath meri ma"

But at the same time Khushi is the pure soul and she was the only one who could touch his PURE heart.

But again Arnav who is a Pure Soul whose heart is as golden and pure and White and Khushi could easily marked her name with permanent ink but why only Khushi because she is a symbol of purity.

"There's not a single passing day that I don't think of you. In my heart you will forever stay as long as you love me too." Unknown

Mother's blessings in different ways, from all across is ready to embrace his visage to embrace his freedom to Love and to be Loved and above all to embrace the PURITY of it through his Khushi for his Khushi.

Her purity is reaching to his disbelief countenance and his free soul is reflecting that through his smile and easiness.

Indeed... "Never touch a butterfly's wings with your finger"

Butterflies and Pigeons , Free souls

One WHITE, One with COLOUR 

His BLACK AND GREY is getting cleaned slowly and  your soup symbolism comes here. WHITE so Khushi's colours can seep in.Wow beautiful interpretation!!!πŸ‘

Fantabulous loop closure of SUV scenes.Get out to hold on tight with seat belt.Simply magnificent !!!❀️

Thnx Mehr πŸ˜Š

Soap is in and cleaning is going on in both houses ,there is a lot going on.Yeas this trip Arnav and Buaji bonding will be stronger than ever .The way she gave him lamas and pyar , he couldn't resist falling in love with her.I remember how he follows her during Khushi's bday like a child when she was giving him silent treatment...but  until then Aukat  word will be erased from the dictionary but we are setting foundation here and he will say before leaving...aap logon se jo pyar mila uss keh samney yeh khuch nahin hai...

Yes Loop finally got it's closure but I loved their smiles remembering it .Cute

Butterfly is Khushi and pgeons are angels like parents, PURITY of heart and soul and he is a man of both and that's why it hurts him more than ever after GH to even think how they will handel the shock if he is going to leave her after 6 months.He is frustrated and desperate in his confusion .The road side has a very deep meaning.We will discuss when we reach there.

Mysticaldivine thumbnail
@Horizon

As they entered the Gupta household, a colorful rangoli welcomed them. Rangoli traditionally is believed to symbolize acceptance and coexistence among different life forms... a small step towards achieving natural synchrony. As ASR and Khushi cross the rangoli, they seem to long to find that elusive synchrony in their love life. It may still be a while to achieve that. But for now,  love her or hate her.. she belonged to him...and only to him..amidst all the pain, hurt and hate...  a fact that he could be in harmony with!

That is where Aukat is going to finish  and he will observe the real picture of these ppl and he will be the best Damad not only for Guptas but also for the whole community.Everyone greets him the moment he comes there after that...His feet are entering into a HOLY piece of his mind where once his mother used to take him and he will find here ,right here in Gupta House...

Synchrony  and  balance among them and others is setting the future Knot which will be difficult for him to break and for her to.

Right now her pranks are cheap but he will be taking those cheap pom pom with him in his pocket to have her Lamas with him...once he yelled atLa for having those because those cheap things were meant for only his Khushi and she didn't even yell at or mind it even he reminded her Aukat in the kitchen...she just said ok them My choice is cheap ...That's all 

No fear of his gussa or his speech of Aukat...she knows it has no meaning...

Really nice piece HorizonπŸ‘

Mysticaldivine thumbnail
Ami πŸ˜Š

I loved this one...too cute

Mysticaldivine thumbnail

@Kate

These last two are the cutest one.Love em...Thnx⭐️
Mysticaldivine thumbnail
@Durga and IndiπŸ‘

A look at the movie references in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
as there are plenty and they add to our exploration. If you spot one,
please do send in with your thoughts, we'll post it here.

I love , Love this piece  ...

I love this movie with songs and all .Madhuri is my fav ...

I saw this when I was in high school.Cute movie and so many similarities  you pointed out .Wonderful and sorry indi I think I misunderstood when u placed pics on What's app , u wanted me to do the edits...Sorry for that.It was late night and I was sleepy .PLZ PM me ahead of time...U know how my things work around me.

Thnx for this lovely delight