Blast from the Past Thread #23!!Catch up and some ott!! pg 114 epi 230 - Page 40

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: IssPKaur

Yo Sister... Lithe Lithe Walk Watching for going places, me too, me too!!!!!🀣
Tagline: LLWW - the Mark of a Genius πŸ˜†. And Logo (cos we don't do half eaten fruit like ze Jobs) : Isstairs πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

...And i see you've edited your edits and kept the most "profoundly significant" ones here! Well done, ladki!!!πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

I ABSOLUTELY think tackiness is part of content!! It's who we are...gloss and posh are just SO WRONG. Moulin Rouge, couldn't agree more... the thing about beauty despite the premium attached is that there's only so much you can take. Usske baad, shutter down from sensory overload. Then dil maangey something more ji. So even though i believe the first 10 minutes of MR are a work of art, it just doesn't stay...cos there's not enough to hinge the beauty on.

Form for moi, a very fluid thing...but more in the telling, in the narrative...than in the look and production values. My most fave scenes from IPK in terms of form...Arnav and Khushi entering the Raizada home with garlands, married. Followed by the entire tracing of sequence of events that led to it. Out of the ordinary form and technique, that.

But going back to beauty, tv shows have it way easier than the movies...you show some, hold back the rest...end of episode! And the next day, do it again...thoda dikhao, bahut saara chhupao!! πŸ˜†. No chance of that in the movies...certainly not in mainstream, commercial pichurres...people are in for the length so you gotta show what you can...and that's where balance comes in. Too much of any one piece , and the scale goes off. Story khallaas.

Ok need to stop the bakbak but before i go, have to address the passive aggressive thingamajig. Nahin nahiiin mah indus!!! It be the mens!!!!!!!!! Achchi bahus, poor things, much rarer in asli duniya than the entertainment world would like us to believe... And most bahus find a way, quite direct, to vent feelings. The mens are playing all cool and getting what they want through this drama called passive aggression so much more. Who sulks but will not say what it's about? Who tells the cheap jokes? Who is more ziddi?? If not, then it's just me, limited experience and all that!! (And PS: am not a hater of them mensπŸ˜†)

See ya soon...

@pink.
yes absolutely, issk, that shadi was indeed something else. and their telling of it...  can't remember seeing anything that gripping and emotionally radical (it felt like that so i use the word without thinking too much) on tv ever... and certainly not even in the movies in the midst of a nice little romance... it had some other sort of intensity... did you notice how few scenes they actually showed to establish the whole thing? cut with sublime instinct...

i have not yet written anything about that wedding, i think i am just beginning to get there. oh yes that garlands scene, too good.

@purple.
very very interesting point you make. of course, movies get just that one chance and a little off and you're dead. but i do think while it's easier perhaps for tv productions, yet keeping those viewers coming back... takes another sort of thinking and masala... it is so easy to lose your customer here.

i am a curious and shallow viewer. yes the story matters, and how you tell it is very imp, but something other than that must catch my eye, my dil, my gut... like lithe lithe walk, or a snappy tie knotting by very brown lean fingers, or a girl who wears consistently weird clothes but manages to look like a person rather than an actress, or something. without something like that even teh finest movie does not somehow get seen really by me.

passive aggressive men... ok, never happened to me. might be nice to know one. πŸ˜†

viv04 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@sohara
Just went through your 207 with aarwen's highlights and comments. A brilliant take capturing Arshi's emotional details straight from your heart.
viv04 thumbnail
@issk, indi
I am enjoying your conversation.
@issk
Absolutely agree with you about the entry of garlanded Arshi as man and wife scene. I have stared at that frame endlessly. Don't know how to put in words. I feel a pang of suffocation by the overwhelming sense of power and divinity it exudes. A pain too intimate to be shared. An intimacy too sacred to be questioned. She holds on to him to face the world and he transmits her the strength. Arshi's analysis of this epi did the well deserved justice for me.
Mysticaldivine thumbnail
@Javeria😊
Stupendous take Faiqa Di. πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
love the edits.❀️ πŸ‘πŸΌ
I  love this episode so much that its never enough for me to see and read reviews about this episode again and again.
Your pondering connected dots and pauses add charm and i fell in love with this episode more. 
i love it how you describe the word "Silence" means in Arnav's, khushi and shyam life.  
BTW i think i miss this scene "mujhe Khamoshi pasand hai jiska matlab bhi tumhain pata nahin hoga...Can you tell me when it was showed.
waiting eagerly to read your review on episode 226.
My few comments are up highlighted in blue.

Thnx and I am so glad you enjoyed it.You didn't miss any scene , I connected to to the day when Khushi and all don't speak with him when he refused for Sangeet.Epi 162

I felt for Khushi too in this epi as she was really down and like in life sometimes no matter what you just don't feel lile fighting anymore and that was exactly happening with her.

Once again than for reading and commenting.πŸ˜ŠπŸ€—

viv04 thumbnail
@ Arshi 225
Great read as usual. I specially love the silence aspect in the initial paras.
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: sohara

Episode-207

It's time for holi. This time the holi is not just a festival of color, but it is heralding the moment of togetherness, moment of forget and forgiveness, moment of love and delight. Except Shyam all the Raizadas and Guptas forgot the acrimony, ill feelings and embraced love warmly. And Anjali played a pivotal role here. She not only tried to meliorate the animosity between Khushi and her family, but brought Arnav and Khushi more close to each other.

Loved the top two gifs.It was the moment to embrace the colors spread around may be through Holi and for small time but the color is going to be everlasting.

In this happy moment of holi Khushi's amma and buaji also came. Their good boy damat Akash greets them cordially. Mami also comes to say hi, but apparently with her silly attitude. She seemed a bit generous to Gupta family and agreed to let bua put color on her sensible skin. Khushi gets delectable to see her beloved people. She scurries fast to greet her bua and amma. But both look reticent. With the effort of Anjali and Akash, khushi finally could break the wall of grudge between them.. Khushi puts color on buaji first and wishes her holi Mubarak. But buaji is still inexorable, doesn't want to forgive her. Then she puts color on amma. Amma can't be relentless to her chutki and takes her in a warm embrace. Bua does a little drama feigning relentless, but accepts her by applying her favorite yellow color. Finally things got better again between Khushi and her family. 

Finally colors of family is changing but someone of her so close to her heart her Naniji is not happy and that is my grabber...Khishi loves Nani more than anyone , and unintentionally she is her part and when she was angry and depriving her off the Holi , Khushi just couldn't stay out of her elements to bring her back to her and she did . 

But nani seems still angry and upset. When Anjali asks her to play holi, she again wishes her reluctance. Suddenly everybody's attention goes to a female voice who addressed naniji as gulabo. Anjali is flummoxed, cause it was her nanji who used to call her naniji Gulabo. Mama is also puzzled, cause he told this Gulabo's story to khushi only. All turns and see it's no other but Khushi who is standing there in while kurta, red turban and big moustache. Oh gosh, she is looking funny but cute in nanaji's avatar. When Akash asks her why she is dressing like this, she immediately retorts back,

"Who is Khushi, this is Thakur rudra Pratap singh.

He came here to play holi with her gulabo."

Yeh meri Zohra Zabin

Tujhe maloom nahi

A very old classic song plays and Khushi starts her awesome dancing and prancing with the music. She is pretending to be nanaji, who is trying to impress his Gulabo.

Then comes the moment, ASR in white shirt and black denim, looking irresistibly sexy, certainly made me hyperventilated. A tender smile suffuses his face to see her crazy wife's funny antics. I got my second heart attack at that sexy smile.

I must say Sanaya is a fabulous dancer. She can carry any dance gracefully, whether it's a funny number or is a sensuous teri meri type dance.

After impressing gulabo with her sexy and funny move and groove, Khushi thinks the ice must be melted now, so she wishes nani with alacrity,

"Naniji, holi Mubarak ho."

Khushi sprays color to naniji with her pichkari. But nani exasperates more.

"Holi Mubarak aapki liye ho, humri liye nahi."(holi greetings is for you not for me)

Khushi becomes crestfallen. All her efforts went in vain. She takes off her moustache and turns around to leave.

"Khushi"...a holler from naniji. Khushi gets terrified and turns towards her. But making everybody bewildered naniji sprays color on Khushi and wishes her holi. All becomes delighted to see the sweet reunion of nani and Khushi. She runs to naniji and gives her a tight hug. Since the day Khushi met naniji, she is always her favorite. She always wanted a bride like Khushi for Arnav.

Khushi finally has entered in her Sasural.Naniji just accepted her with whole heartedly and now the reunion of two families is complete.

Khushi kneels down in front of her and apologizes to her ardently. She says her that before doing this she apologized to nana also. Nani is just too overwhelmed with this crazy girl's candor. She remarks that bua gives her the perfect name, sanka devi"

A pair of eyes watches her every move keenly and transiently lights up with subtle triumph. Arnav is feeling relieved also. He was also in embroilment because of nani's unhappy state. His face glints with a tender smile and contentment. He is so amused to see his wife's sensibility.As she can't stay angry with anybody, she also knows very well how to win somebody's heart. Khushi hugs nani again. "Enough of this crying, now let's play holi"...nani is back in her self again. She now wants to apply color on her face. Mami suggests to drench her in color completely.

Since morning she is the reason of his smile...and above all unintentionally .He hates her way too much and he is smiling at her...with her...along with everyone... What the...

In this whole scenario, wicked shyam gets a chance now to conduct his filthy job.

"Holi without color won't be acceptable."

Aranv was about to leave but turns around to hear Shyam's brazen words. Did he forget his warning not to roam around Khushi?😑

Shyam starts to move towards Khsuhi to apply color on her. Arnav understands Shyam's dirty motive. He already heard his intention to put color on Khushi first. Now how can he let this happen? He strides fast, to catch him before he can apply color on khushi.

When shyam reaches to khushi, she dithers and turns around from him. She tells naniji that she doesn't want to apply color. nani also wants her to put color. Khushi shuts her eyes in abhorrence. Shyam moves his hand towards Khushi's face. And at the crux of the moment Arnav comes there and grabs his hand. How dare he think to touch his wife? Khushi belongs to him only.

"Ek minute jijaji. Khushiko rang main laga loonga. Pati jo hoo."

One minute, I'll put color on Khushi first. After all I'm her husband.

Khushi hides behind him. Like a rampart he stood and protected his wife from the evil named shyam. He always protected her and could protect her more if Khushi would've revealed Shyam's truth earlier.

"pati jo hoo"..there is lot of significance depth and possessiveness in this three words. He loved the fact that he is her pati. He declared loud and clear that Khushi is his and he only has right on her. Love this scene as he is applying SIndoor almost under the sun...a star, he did bandage her under the sun...their engagement...and now he is purifying his acts of that dreadful night to make her his in the day and infront of everyone.                                   

He turns around to face her, who is a bit aghast now. He takes no other color but red for her beautiful wife. Red, his favorite color, red the color of love and passion. Khushi always blows him away by wearing red. His manly hand touches her one cheek with color first. A frisson runs throw her vein. Then the gentle touch on her other cheek. She shudders again at his touch. The first ever loving touch from her husband. There was so much possessiveness in his move, so much intensity in his eyes. How he turned confidently and applied color on her so gently, proved how much he loves her. And the way he put the color on her face as if he was caring her pretty face so lovingly. Arnav always loves to cares her beautiful visage and he did it twice in her unconscious state, once in the guest house and once in Nainital.  

He never leaves any moment for not touching her and today is the another one moment but she is his wife now.She who gets entangled in his warm touch as always...how much she trust s him behind her closed eyes and that entrapes him today 

Anajli comes and remarks that Arnav never played holi. But how cum he is playing holi today! Mami quips that so many things Arnav never did, but doing it now, after all he got married with phatti saree.

"Humri chotey ke ekdum turn over hoi gayi hai"

Our chotey has completely turned over.

Mami again made a very significant comment. Yes he is a changed man after falling in love with Khushi. Though he says that he hates khushi, but there is always a hidden love in his hate.

Akash mends her, not turn over, but make over.

Make over...can't agree more, what Anjali will say in episode-10, "humari chotey jo beheterin ho gaya." He was beautiful, but Khushi got the beautiful mind out of him.

Both Arnavaand Khushi are staring at each other now. Transfixed by the smoldering intensity of his eyes and intimated by his facial expression, her heart pounds in trepidation. Nani tells Khushi whether she will not put color or Arnav? Anjali says, sure she will. Oh sweet sis, you really want to see your brother happy. She knows how introvert he is. So she has to take the initiative.

"Do you know Khushi, not everybody has the good fortune to put color on chotey."

Arnav doesn't want to stay any longer. He hates Khushi, how can he allows her to touch him. Or moreover he doesn't play holi. So he walks away. But Anjali grabs his hand.

"No chotey, I'll not let you go till Khushiji applies color on you."

Nani orders Khushi to put color on Arnav. Anjali holds up the color plate to khushi. Her trembling hand takes some red color and gently applies on Arnav's face. I just love the romantic note that starts to play in the BG. And of course rabba vey makes the moment more captivating. Just a perfect rabba vey moment. Khushi looks at Arnav with an intricate mix of emotions. Arnav's face is inscrutable as ever but there is an undecipherable expression in his eyes. She is still tremulous in ambiguity. Arnav looks at her with a puppy dog eyes. But they can't look at each other for long. They slowly turns around. Both touches their cheek, want to feel each other's touch. Nani is just too elated to see her grandson's happiness.How beautiful rituals are done and the thing which grabbed me was her touch which he always craves makes him mush...he couldn't believe that really she did touch me and he caresses hs hand over there.Both liked it to the core of their hearts.

"Anjali bitiya, pyaar to bare bare pahar ko hila dete hai, aur yeh to chotey hai."

"Aisa kuch nahi hai"...it's nothing like that.

Is he is coy! But nani's words are so true. Doesn't khushi just stumbled his rock solid wall of ego and hate, where there was no access of love. But now his heart stops breathing without her glimpse. Now her mere touch can makes his heart cartwheel. He was acting like a teenager who just got kiss from his gf first time.BUT cute 

In this whole scenario where the whole family is in merriment, the slouchy Shyam is getting flagrant in rage. He wanted to apply color on Khushi, here his whole game plan turned topsy-turvy. Instead of him Arnav and Khushi both applied color on each other, proved in front of the world that they are the eternal couple. And like always his snide plan backfired him.

Khushi still can't get out of the affect of her husband's first loving touch. Her cheeks now a rosy hue as she blushed. She touches her cheek again and recollects the sweet moment when Arnav put color on her face lovingly. She wants to cherish the moment forever. But sanka devi gets distracted by the smell of bhang and thandai. She goes there, where people are making the drinks. She now wants to make bhang by herself. 

Her blush and smile was the proof that she loved his touch and not only that he is not the only one who is burning , she is equally in it

"I'm khushi kumari gupta singh raizada."She claims that she is famous in lucknow for making the best bhang. She ties a red scarf on her forehead and starts to make bhang with the workers. She also starts to chitchat with them. While passing, Arnav sees his cute but pagal biwi's craziness. Is he warding her every move today! I guess today he is just too enthralled by his girl.Or moreover she is looking so sexy and ravishing today. A glimmer of a smile suffuses his visage. How long he can stop loving this cute sexy angel! 

He couldn't resist staying away from her Chamak challo ...who really made his B/W visage colorful and those colors are not making him sit today and he wants to hate her some more but looking , and gazing at her with his smiles...

Khushi tells that though she makes bhang, but she doesn't drink it. Cuase after drinking bhang all the truth comes out from her mouth involuntarily. Creep Shyam, who was leering her lasciviously hears this and plans to make Khushi drink bhang.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mVh5qAHwHLY[/YOUTUBE]

credit goes to sheena

gifs credit goes to tumblr.

plz ignore typos and mistakes.

Lovely gifs and edits.πŸ‘

I loved the fact that she made a promise that her life will be fine on Holi and till now she has everything what she wished for.He is just smiling today and can't stay away from her ...and Shyam our Cupid made sure of it.

My comments are in red in between em.
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

DISCLAIMER:DON'T COPY MY WORKS AND CONCEPTS WITHOUT GIVING ME CREDIT 

YOU HAVE SEEN MY HUMBLE SIDE. TRUST ME YOU WON'T LIKE THE OTHER...

Arshi's Index  

EPISODE 226

Rajkumar Vs Shaitan 

The tale of Beauty and the beast has been present from  a long time , A timeless tale of love conquering all. He made his confession during  Heer ranjha and through this classic she not only confessed her feelings but also realizing the eye opening facts for her Rajkumar. Kudos to the creatives for choosing such a story  and  blending  it to Arnav and Khushi's story...What is different with Arnav and Khushi!? Nothing in my eyes - Khushi marries Arnav to save her Jiji's marriage and he did to save his Di's married life by keeping the reason as a secret from Khushi and behaves like a monster.Despite of all the hatred, he has for her and wanted to give her, he is falling more and more in love with her . Just like him how much hatred she thinks she has for him is nothing but her love for him and can't stop showering it with her innocence. They will be one as Khushi has already changed this arrogant man and made his heart believe in love , she will change this beast in the future also.She will bring him out of the darkness and show him light  and she is the only one who can do it.La's words..."tum hi ho jo unse who sab keh pati ho jo who sunna nahin chahte..."[u r the one who has courage to tell him what no one else has]

PONDERING CONNECTED DOTS:During Telepathy..."Khushi kitni koshish ki tum se nafrat karne ki "and ...and same with Khushi, "hum ne kitni koshish ki aap se pyar na karne keh liye..."

Arnav was looking for Khushi, worried and tensed to find her whereabouts.Then his heart skips a beat and his feet gets halt at the  voice that he had been longing to hear.But my grabber is instead of confronting her like he did during Havan,"do u know what I m going through.." or in Mandir"main pagloon ki tarah nahin dhoondonga..."[I will not look for you madly]... he stands outside and doesn't disturb her as he would never admit to himself this fact that he was missing her badly and at the same time he is giving her space too.He leaves her in convulsion hearing her busy routines to stay away from him. He marches to the hall, where he finds three ladies of the house entering .He questions them regarding the presence of the children and they refresh his mood by telling him the latest change in KKGSR...Arnav grits his teeth in anguish.Again the small conversation between Nani and him gives us the vital hint of his childhood...as Nani mentions ,he was a naughty kid...and Anjali mentioned this so many times that he was an angry and arrogant since childhood .So he is Shaitan and Rajkumar since from his childhood...Loved seeing him frustrated and cute at the same time after finding out "She ain't giving up her Dabba service"...

Pondering Connected Dots: On new year Eve we came across through Akash that he was a naughty kid when he glued him on his bed and Arnav's Smirk confirmed it.

Symbolism and connections:4 kids...meaning craving and desire of a woman...as Arnav was longing for Khushi since last two days.

Kids will come 5days from 7-9 ...all together 21 which shows maturity and responsibility in actions...which both are showing towards realization.

Khushi accepts Nani as her own in front of kids and then corrects herself it as her husband's Nani which shows that she has accepted each and every relationship of His as her own  and indirectly accepted him as her own too..

Khushi begins to narrate the story of Beauty and the Beast by holding  the mask of beast and other side camera shows Arnav talking with Aman how the media is masking AR as monsters in the public. Nice touch ... They both collide at the doorway suddenly and Khushi screams in the darkness .Kids gather around Khushi and she turns on the lights, sees that it is Arnav and not a monster..Arnav starts to shout at Khushi in his annoyance and  Khushi jumps up for sparring with her finger as usually but reality bites and she withdraws her hand and moves away from him..

Khushi is under the impression that Arnav is a monster and she continues to think so.Loved this small touch as she is in the darkness when she thinks all verbally but turns on the light and see him ...in other words , Khushi is in dark and is not aware of the real Arnav and does not understand that her heart only beats for him who is haunting her heart as always .She realizes it  when she turns on  the light and then she meets the fact to embrace that it is him in this monster and prince cloak and then her fantasy story changes to reality one...She has enlightened by the fact that this is the man who resides in her heart  but she does not acknowledge him yet, turns around and shuts him out but has not refused him either ..

Pause Here: When Khushi first rages to challenge and then begins to remove her hand which is holding the mask of the beast .It is Khushi who is going to separate his beasty side from him...with love and innocence.

Then comes my favorite part of the episode. Arnav confesses so many times and recently he did on Heer Ranjha act, but this is the first time when Khushi is confessing and admitting her true feelings for him through this story. There were many reasons for me to like this Beauty and the beast , Shaitan and Sundari story. Every single dialogue was well thought of and portrayed her emotions so well.Kudos to the writer...

I always wanted to see Khushi's feelings to be heard by him which is very rarely shown to us.This is the first epi towards that first step. The most beautiful thing to see is the state of confusion that Khushi is in and this is the first time she is realizing that her prince charming and her Rakshus is the same person.She always dreamed of him as her Rajkumar to be with him but his Shaitan side is keeping her at distance.  She always remain in this state..."aap aise kyuon hain.." till she knows the reason..

Khushi mentions  every detail about Arnav as a Shaitan - about his habits and one of those is of watering plants and loving them and her own habit of watching him from a distance doing that .

PONDERING CONNECTIND DOTS AND THINKABLE MOMENT:Plants which he chopped off after the revelation of her engagement and she was looking at him from a distance that day too and he didn't allow her to touch but couldn't refuse her soft touch and hold either...Now he takes care of these plants and grow em with love and affection by himself...These plants are referring to his EMOTIONS and LOVE for Khushi which are growing each day under his care unintentionally beyond his control...and so as hers as she is watching him from a distance showering those through his arrogant yet caring and demanding style.

She narrates how Shaitaan demands of the Sundari to marry him but she refuses each time... However ,she sees her Prince charming...Rajkumar.. every night in her dream. Arnav's expression in this scene was brilliant as he jerked up hearing this...looked at her stunned."lekin har raat sundari  ko sapne main eik rajkumaar dikhta tha - jiska swabhaav bahut acha tha - meetha bolta tha - sundari ka bahut khayal rakhta tha" -(Arnav is bewildered after hearing these words and he looks at her) Karvatain badalti sundari sirf ussi ke khawab dekhti thi...(Arnav is looking at her stunned and confounded)...He considers himself as a Shaitan by gulping down his pain and thinks she is dreaming of someone else who she loves as her Prince...meaning Shyam..her words are searing his wounded heart here.

Khushi continues with the story when her eyes lands on tensed Arnav, who is watching her keenly with plain hurt and mild anger in his eyes. Khushi gives him her innocent and  honest yet confused look. Her eyes reflects her inner sadness which he has inflicted upon her.He looks down with remorse in his eyes but she continues  the story saying that the prince and the beast was the same .. keh shaitaan aur rajkumar donon eik hi aadmi thay... (Arnav and Khushi both have flashbacks)... ".Arnav gets startled hearing this which was a  contrary to what he thought. The beast and the Prince were one and the same  !!

PONDERING CONNECTED DOTS AND THINKABLE MOMENT:If I have to analyze this particular dialogue" kuch samjh hi nahi payi woh.." -from Khushi's pov .Khushi expected that NIGHT a confession of love from Arnav,her Rajkumar who had helped her with the guests as a waiter, who had cared for her when she had hurt herself.That fateful night she was expecting his confession of love when misunderstandin creeped in between them. He crashed her dreams that night and she got stuck with the Shaitaan. The Rajkumar that she had seen in him was lost after that night. She is hurt, confused and above all she cannot understand him now and herself. She has seen two different sides to him. She loves the prince  and if she takes the prince she must accept the beast  unconditionally too..The moment of realization was shown brilliantly by Sanaya ..The surprise mingled with awareness and a tinge of sadness .. Both are confused what had just happened?...

Khushi decodes ASR really well here. Both remember the moments of each other. Arnav recalls the moment seeing her lifeless on the stage.Death and fear of losing her gives him a courage to confess his deep desire for her as a Rajkumar and right after this he remembers how  he throws all her things demanding answers as a Shaitan...Khushi remembers how he lifted her to find the answer of his query roughly and rudely.. My grabber is her story turns into a monologue as Khushi begins to see Arnav as a Arnav and not the Shaitan.. begins to ponder  why does he acts like two sides of a coin. 

Beautifully portrayed and very well shown on how both Arnav and Khushi knew what her words meant and for whom. Somewhere in the bottom of their hearts they both know that they love each other - they are made for each other - yet they both are so much in pain..

Pause here :Loop is closing here...which opened in epi 29

The letter conversation starts where Arnav makes an attempt to break off  Mrs. Raizada's silence! So what's a bif deal  if they will not speak to each other - they will write and talk!... But my grabber is even in that attempt he did not forget to address Khushi as '"Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada'" and Khushi was addressing Arnav as '"Arnav Shaitaan singh Raizada'".Just like kids he refused to accept her as Sundari and she proves him Shaitan..

He calls her a liar as he thinks she is lying to everyone and can't accept the reality regardless there are mirrors meaning moments that she could confess that she was giving false hopes to him while cheating on him and lying to entire family just like he was saying ""Jo chot mujhe pohnchi hai uska kya?" But He is getting this clear hint too that she thinks of him as Shaitan. If kids were able see the innocence and the purity of Khushi, then why couldn't her see the same thing, which his heart is asking him to see, which is it in direct contrast with what his mind is trying to portray and what Shyam has told him.

However I loved Arnav's words in his letter - 'pariyon ki kahani se baahar niklo and face the reality' Double meaning dialogue... This was a way of Arnav to tell Khushi to stop dreaming, stop dreaming that she will get your "Rajkumar" meaning Shyam...While she clearly refers in her letter that how can she even dreams of her Rajkumar anymore because she has to dream of Shaitan too as both are present in you and I married you. This is a realization that she has to come out of reality to embrace both.

PONDERING CONNECTED DOTS: I  loved Arnav in letter scene as it was reminded me of the scene when Khushi had brought in kids during Kanya puja he had blasted em off and today he is comfortable around them and playing smirk games too. Smirk while eating a kid like a Shaitan...

Arnav said this second time to Khushi.He said it when she refused to come home ...after Mandir scene"Sapnon ki duniya se bahar aao..." after water fight...

But there is no question...Khushi is "Bahar" in his life , which just spreads joy around him.

Again their resolute, Anjali is the one who gets the first information of the tiff in between them..My grabber is her...Right in the middle ..playing the role of mediator  and arbiter to bring them closer...

Moment of the day

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtp58i_arnav-khushi-love-scene-270-letters_shortfilms

Edited by ArshiHamesha - 10 years ago
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Originally posted by: viv04

@ Arshi 225
Great read as usual. I specially love the silence aspect in the initial paras.

Thnx Viv, their silence is the key and is the heartbreaking too as she was totally sad and she is not one of those girls who become sad like that.Felt for her so much as she has no one with who she can share with except Lakhmi as DM is in the corner for Khushi now.
Edited by ArshiHamesha - 10 years ago
IssK. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

@pink.
yes absolutely, issk, that shadi was indeed something else. and their telling of it...  can't remember seeing anything that gripping and emotionally radical (it felt like that so i use the word without thinking too much) on tv ever... and certainly not even in the movies in the midst of a nice little romance... it had some other sort of intensity... did you notice how few scenes they actually showed to establish the whole thing? cut with sublime instinct...

i have not yet written anything about that wedding, i think i am just beginning to get there. oh yes that garlands scene, too good.

Get there now i say!

@purple.
very very interesting point you make. of course, movies get just that one chance and a little off and you're dead. but i do think while it's easier perhaps for tv productions, yet keeping those viewers coming back... takes another sort of thinking and masala... it is so easy to lose your customer here.

i am a curious and shallow viewer.
yes the story matters, and how you tell it is very imp, but something other than that must catch my eye, my dil, my gut
... like lithe lithe walk, or a snappy tie knotting by very brown lean fingers, or a girl who wears consistently weird clothes but manages to look like a person rather than an actress, or something. without something like that even teh finest movie does not somehow get seen really by me.

True for me as well... for most of us, i'm sure. The chat on story and telling is here, sparked by your words on form and content, is all, my shallow one!
πŸ˜†

passive aggressive men... ok, never happened to me. might be nice to know one. πŸ˜†

Never happened to me either. But iss sansaar mein
, types there are a many, and these types, oh yes i can smell them from a far!!πŸ˜†

PS: nice haan, the maze and my name on it?😳 Aww...
thanks! πŸ˜›

Oh i almost forgot... i was at the marvelous india art fair y'day and got you something...

(That jamini roy middle bottom...form and content unadulterated...one day one day...)

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: viv04

@issk, indi
I am enjoying your conversation.
@issk
Absolutely agree with you about the entry of garlanded Arshi as man and wife scene. I have stared at that frame endlessly. Don't know how to put in words. I feel a pang of suffocation by the overwhelming sense of power and divinity it exudes. A pain too intimate to be shared. An intimacy too sacred to be questioned. She holds on to him to face the world and he transmits her the strength. Arshi's analysis of this epi did the well deserved justice for me.

viv,

very well said. i haven't seen it in a while, but it stays inside you...