Hyderabad, Feb 8 (IANS) 'Krishna', a Makar Sankranti release, is marching ahead in the Telugu film charts. 'Pourudu', another Sankranti fare, is in the third spot. 'Swagatham', released a week ago, makes its way to the top five.
The top five Telugu films are:
1. 'Krishna' - It is perhaps the most successful Sankranti release. The Ravi Teja and Trisha starrer is doing well in the box office. Director V.V. Vinayak chose a rather stereotypical story, but Ravi Teja ably carries it on his shoulders.
2. 'Swagatham' - Director Dasarath's sentimental drama have appealed to the audience. Though an old, run-of-the-mill story, 'Swagatham' seems to be luring family audiences, as it is free of violence. Jagapathi Babu, Bhumika Chawla and Anuskha's performances are the highlights of the film.
3. 'Pourudu' - Sumanth is back in action with the film and does a good job. Although the story is a done-to-death one, the movie is doing well.
4. 'Anasuya' - Bhumika Chawla steals the show in the tile role. The film has been running for more than a month and a half. As a television journalist, Bhumika portrays the right kind of emotions. Ravi Babu, who has directed it, impresses in the role of a villain. This edge-of-the-seat noir-like thriller has received critical acclaim and is faring well at the ticket window.
5. 'Mantra' - The whodunit starring Charmee and Sivaji is faring well in terms of revenue. Suspense thrillers and murder mysteries are not common in the Telugu film industry and 'Mantra' and 'Anasuya' have shown that this genre goes down well with the audience if the movie is made well.