Hyderabad, Dec 12 (IANS) Even after crossing the 60-day mark, 'Happy Days' continues to be the numero uno film at the Telugu box office, with the Venkatesh- Nayantara starrer 'Thulasi' close on its heels.
The top five Telugu films are:
1. 'Happy Days' - The movie is a hit in all the A, B and C centres in Andhra Pradesh as well as the US. It's Sekhar Kammula all the way when it comes to successful offbeat films. Both the young and old have appreciated this tale about the lives of eight engineering students.
2. 'Thulasi' - Family audiences seem to prefer 'Thulasi' as it has both sentiment and romance. Child star Atulith gives an endearing performance despite the large dose of violence. Venkatesh returns to action in this film filled with commercial elements like an item number by Shriya.
3. 'Nava Vasantham' - Tarun comes back after a gap in this film directed by Shahjahan. A remake of the Tamil film 'Punnagai Desam', the film is a youthful story about friendship. It is quite an entertainer and is doing average business.
4. 'Chandamama' - It is cruising towards the 100-day mark. It's quite amazing how a simple, routine story against a village backdrop directed by Krishna Vamsi seems to have worked with the audience.
5. 'Seema Sastri' - Although this film has the title 'Seema Sastri', it is more a comedy than a typical film set against the Rayalaseema backdrop. Allari Naresh does a fairly good job in this movie directed by G. Nageswara Reddy. Its performance at the box office is average.