Our actors’ take on the small screen

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Our actors' take on the small screen…
by Vidhya Krishnan
Jul 18, 2008, Bangalore

We caught up with some of the actors and got their take on the small screen and more. Here are the excerpts.

KISHWAR MERCHANT

Take on Bollywood…
I love bollywood! Everything is attractive about bollywood from films to songs to glamour to comedy to being realistic…every single thing is really nice.

Take on TV artists hosting shows…
Some are good and some are bad. There are a few who just stick to acting which looks very artificial. The most important thing about hosting is to have a good body language which some of them lack.

Take on reality shows…
They are awesome and really good where people feel close and actually connect to. There are so many upcoming talents and these shows are a good platform. The concept itself is very different and these shows are a break for many actors from the regular saas-bahu soaps. There is also good money and having celebrities as part of these shows is another thing which is really cool.

Take on TV industry…
TV rocks! But we could think of having more and more realistic shows like Saaya, basically give a lot of variety to the audience. But with my experience in the TV industry, the actors whom I worked with are so down to earth and we are like a family. I gel well and have a good comfort level with them.

Take on K-serials and Ekta's latest mythology…
I didn't start off with Ekta but what I like about her is that she does not imitate anybody. But people have tried imitating her, which was not possible and will never be. She gives the masses what they want. She realizes that variety is the spice of life which is the result of her latest mythology and reality shows. She has made lives and made so many people so rich. And she also gives preference to her people which is again encouraging for them. I have not seen her latest mythology, so I cannot comment much about it but of course I did see the promos…they are fabulous and different.

The ruler of small screen is…
Without doubt Ekta is the queen of TV. She is the ruler of TV and come on we must give the credit to the lady for having changed the entire phase of TV

She is somebody one cannot ignore.

RAVEE GUPTA

Take on Bollywood…
I am an actor and I will love bollywood. It is an opportunity for good roles in the fraternity. I am a movie buff… I eat, sleep and drink bollywood… It is a part of me.

It is an excellent idea. Audience will get to see a different side of their favourite actors. And it is also good for actors to experiment on different aspects. It gives the satisfaction and gives you the high.

Take on reality shows…
Again excellent! These shows are an extension of performance within a given time limit. A platform which gives a lot of scope for performance.

Take on TV industry…
It is my bread and butter. It provides employment to hundreds' and thousands' of people in a healthy way. It is a break for so many people. Just one thing not so good about TV is the long working hours and last minute schedule changes.

Wow! Being quite young, she has established herself so well that nobody else, not even veterans will match to her level. She has made lives. Her name, her brand is altogether different and too vast to compare. She is a convinced person and very brilliant with amazing intellectual level. And she is the one who breaks conventions.

If it is a concept that we are talking about, then the ruler is all the channels taken collectively but if it is an entity, then it is definitely Ekta Kapoor…

MUKUL DEV

Take on Bollywood… It is my profession and my living. The feel is really warm, emotions are shown so well that it goes beyond life. Even fantasies create a feel good thing.

It is good and interesting for actors to be a part of these shows. It is a change from doing the same old stuff and feeling monotonous.

Take on reality shows…
They are interesting and nail biting. The in

Take on TV industry…
Fantastic, brilliant and amazing. We have great people here and people here are very hard working. But there are certain constraints in TV like meeting day to day deadlines which is more stressful as compared to working in films.

Ekta is always experimental and her saas-bahu sagas are just fantastic and amazing. She is a creative person and does not get stuck to doing one thing which has resulted in Mahabharat and reality shows. The industry needs more and more such people. She is a complete industry in herself. A new avatar who is open to new ideas.

Ekta Kapoor seems to be the one as of today.

MAKRAND DESHPANDE

Take on Bollywood…
Bollywood is like a dream which soon turns into a night mare. But still the dreaming will continue. It is a non-profitable business if you consider the overall money that is put in. There is no logic and everything is glorified and hypothetical, yet it is the largest.

It is wonderful and I love it. But it is always nice to see them only for a short span and after sometime people always look for a change. If it is for a short span, the TRP's will also go high.

Take on reality shows…
They are the next thing that would take over other programs on TV. But people will have an overdose of it after a stage. After exploiting all genres, there will be something else that will come up and it will continue from there. But the channel will get its TRPs and most of all mobile companies are big time making profit because of these shows.

Take on TV industry…
It is just booming up. Today we have en number of channels and so many shows. It is just unbelievable. Five years back, a new channel was a big thing but today it is not a big deal even for the channel people. The outlook is different and has changed completely.

I am a part of Ekta's mythology and she has come up with her vision. She has created history on TV

And we have people who are for and against her but still watch her serials. She has become a part of so many families. She is extravagant and has a good heart of spending so much money to come up with big things. She has the zeal to exist and dream big which makes her stand out from the rest. And success or failure is bound to happen and it is a part of everyone's life.

The ruler of small screen is… It has to be Ekta and whom else? She is the biggest star on TV and I don't know what to say beyond this. Such is her track record.

Prev

http://tellywatch.com/Telly_Columns/actors_column/July-18-2008/actors_column_small_screen.html