Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Tina is back on Kahaani...
Tina is back on Kahaani...
17 Jul 2008, 0023 hrs IST, NICOLE DASTUR ,TNN

< align=left marginWidth=0 =1 marginHeight=0 ="http://adstil.indiatimes.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_sx.ads/www.timesofindia.com/Stories/index./1938200950@Right3?" Border=0 width=255 scrolling=no height=250 bordercolor="#000000">
You are participating in a dance reality show – Kabhi Kabhii Pyaar, Kabhi Kabhii Yaar – for the first time
Yes, a reality show is something I've never done before, so I took up the challenge. But being with the Karn Vir and Teejay jodi made things easier for me, because Karn and I have worked together in Kasauti Zindagii Kay for the longest time, and share a good rapport. It's fun working with him again after a year-and-a-half. To be honest, I get cold feet when dancing, but I thought what better way to get over your fears than with the support of friends?

You quit Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki because you felt stifled as an actor, now you're back on the show
I exhausted the character of Shruthi in the serial, there were no more emotions left to emote! I needed to move on as an actor, so I left the show. But I'm back for a while to give a definite end to my character. I was with the serial for quite a long time, I felt it was the decent thing to do when I was called back for a few episodes. The end of my character in the show will be a gradual progression of the storyline.

Besides Kabhi Kabhii... and finishing off Kahaani..., what else is on your work platter?
Actually, nothing. With no offence to what I've done before, or what's being aired on TV, I really want to do different kind of work now. That's why I took up a reality show. I want to host a talk show, I want to do films. I'm deliberately staying away from the clichd stuff.

So what kind of roles are you looking for now?
One lesson I've learnt in my career so far is not to limit yourself by saying 'I want to do only this' or 'I don't want to do that'. It's the wrong thing for me to say such things, because I have not done much yet. I'm a quick learner, and I want to look at every new opportunity from a fresh
perspective. There's no harm in trying out different kind of roles.

You were criticised for being on the plumper side. Do you think looks overtake talent in your profession?
One can't undermine the importance of looks in this profession. And today, with more awareness, everyone is so health conscious and fit. When I got married, I kind of let go, I had valid reason to eat and not work out. I used to just laugh it off saying: 'Hey, I just got married!' Now, since I don't even have that excuse, and am working at toning up.
var RN = new String (Math.random()); var RNS = RN.substring (2,11); var b2 = '< ="http://adstil.indiatimes.com/RealMedia/ads/adstream_sx.ads/www.timesofindia.com/Stories/index./1'+RNS+'@Right3?" WIDTH=255 HEIGHT=250 marginwidth=0 align="left" marginheight=0 =1 =0 border=0 scrolling=no bordercolor="#000000"> '; if (doweshowbellyad==1) bellyad.innerHTML = b2;

Edited by watz_your_name - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mitu1228 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Man thats not really good news, as wanted her 2 stay in the show (KGGK), shes good in it, she was great in KZK 2 as Mukti.
aaliya007 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Tina is a very talented actress and my favThumbs%20Up Glad she's back.
Thanx for sharing🙂