Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Naina_Manam thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

That all depends on people.

I mean there were people at that time also who didn't give those views any attention plus there were those who took them as virtues.

Today also some don't pay attention and have forgotten them but there are still some people who have kept them alive and fresh!

P.S. I don't agree with all of his views..

Edited by naina_manam - 18 years ago
1 n only-rajeev thumbnail
as far as i am concerned ..i totally disagree wid his theories in life....

d only difference he has made to me is dat there was always a chapter on him in english n hindi textbooks....which was d mst boring n difficult 1....saare number ussi wahaj se kam ho jaate thhe

nothing much 2 say dan tis...
silverfrost thumbnail
Well..some of his priciples I agree with..but for his ways to work, everyone should follow it. Like non-violence, it is only as good until ppl are following it. But, if u have violence around u, u can't exactly igonre that.. so it kinda depends 😕
Angelic_J thumbnail
I hope u guys don't mind but I've to say this; I HATE GANDHI😡 I just totally hate him🤢
ME_T thumbnail
i agree with sum of the thinggs he sed. but there is a lot of things i didn't like
Signora2 thumbnail

Today is his Birth Anniversary, I think his principles will always hold relevance for all times to come. HE rose above his short comings, it is people after him who failed to understand what he stood for. We believe in symbolisim and only symbolism no wonder
his values and whatever he stood for have been reduced to a farce. His stress on Khadi meant the dignity of labour, today Khadi besides becoming a fashion statement is also associated with POlitical leaders who are corrupt.   
1. He used non-violence as a weapon to get us freedom and all over the world it has been proved might is not always right, America has been humbled though a powerful nation.
2. His life has been an open book, he practiced what he preached, I think no body can compare with him in this regard.
3.He was a Psychologist, the way he used breaking of salt and the Dandi march to shake the foundations of British empire is worth remembering.
4. His faults can be too much reliance on old values when several changes were taking place. Could swadeshi ever put us on the road to progress and development?    
5.He was ambivalent on the issue of RAm RAJaya, no wonder it gets distorted again and again.
6.His role or lack of it in the partition is a matter of debate.
But I would still say Gandhiji may be forgotten, ridicued but not ignored for long.
signora2   
dannyk thumbnail
i am not follower of gandhi .. and don't like that if somebody slam on 1 side make other side ahead ...

i only like the principle of him that is "Do yourself first before telling other to it "
hazelgirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: Signora2

Today is his Birth Anniversary, I think his principles will always hold relevance for all times to come. HE rose above his short comings, it is people after him who failed to understand what he stood for. We believe in symbolisim and only symbolism no wonder
his values and whatever he stood for have been reduced to a farce. His stress on Khadi meant the dignity of labour, today Khadi besides becoming a fashion statement is also associated with POlitical leaders who are corrupt.   
1. He used non-violence as a weapon to get us freedom and all over the world it has been proved might is not always right, America has been humbled though a powerful nation.
2. His life has been an open book, he practiced what he preached, I think no body can compare with him in this regard.
3.He was a Psychologist, the way he used breaking of salt and the Dandi march to shake the foundations of British empire is worth remembering.
4. His faults can be too much reliance on old values when several changes were taking place. Could swadeshi ever put us on the road to progress and development?    
5.He was ambivalent on the issue of RAm RAJaya, no wonder it gets distorted again and again.
6.His role or lack of it in the partition is a matter of debate.
But I would still say Gandhiji may be forgotten, ridicued but not ignored for long.
signora2   

agree with u100%😛