the whole of draupadi story

Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago

hey guys i have just found out more about her draupadi....though i know about mahabharat and draupadi due to my grandfather who always tells me the story in prayers room but mostly about vastaharan.....but here i found more about her for all my muslim and other religion friends who wants to know more about the great lady name Draupadi...

http://www.dollsofindia.com/draupadi.htm

here is the link.....i had tears reading draupadi whole story...she is one women who have suffered so much all her 5 husbands arjun-yudishitir-shahdev-bheem-nakul are freaks total freaks although they are the heroes....they made draupadi just a object not their wife just a women who gives them pleasure thats it...she did not get a happiness of a wife....a happiness of being a women...a happiness of being a mother....

they made her weep blood tears.....she only wanted to be the wife of arjun as she loves him and was charm by him but arjun too break her heart and draupadi cut herself into 5 different personality for each other husbands....she changed her lifestyles according to her 5 husbands but none changed for her

such a creeps all pandavas has been married to other ladies before marrying draupadi and our arjun married so many princess after marrying draupadi including krishna's sister subadara(known as his fav wives).....how selfish of arjun when he had such a beautiful and understanding wife...it shows that he married draupadi just to show his skills as a warrior....

and all 5 bros without even thinking twice bet draupadi in a dice game to that freaking kauravas and humilliate her why can't those bunch of selfish bros bet their other wives why only draupadi just because she is the queen of their kingdom.....

although draupadi was a beauitful...intelligent and fiery lady but her marriage have not given her any happiness rather than pain...misery...loneliness....humilliation.....tears....agon y.....betrayal

draupadi have pleased all 5 bros physically and mentally but this bunch of sickening bros gives her pain mentally......how i wish she have married karan she would be happy with him as he will give her all the love and respect she needs

but one thing is confirm that yes draupadi has 5 husbands but the only husband who touched her heart was Arjun😳😳

Draupadi was really poor soul women who is a queen but she did not get any happiness that she desired for....she got nothing in her life except for humilliation given by her 5 husbands.....

Edited by Mages - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sweeties__angel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
THANK UU AGAIN HERE 2!!! THANK U SOO MUCH 4 ur time to explain us the story .. for Mahabarat.. and the character's.. thank U@
coolpurvi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mages

.....how i wish she have married karan she would be happy with him as he will give her all the love and respect she needs

Her condition would hav been same if she married Karna. He insulted darupadi so many times. Karna had many wives.  he was a  egoist. For him draupadi was only a beautiful possession n nothing more. At least pandavas had respect for Draupadi's qualities. Arjuna's remarriage with Subhadra actually helped her. Draupadi had five little babies when Pandavas were exiled. Subhadra took care of those kids n gave them good upbringing
coolpurvi thumbnail

...how i wish she have married karan she would be happy with him as he will give her all the love and respect she needs

Her condition would hav been same if she married Karna even worse. Karna's bestfriend -duryodhana, dushasan, Jaydhrat had no respect for women. They all had bad eye on her.
Karna insulted darupadi so many times. Karna had many wives n girlfriends.  he was a  egoist. For him draupadi was only a beautiful possession n nothing more. At least pandavas had respect for Draupadi's qualities.For example Yudhistir respected her for her Dharma gyaan n shaastra gyan. Arjuna respected Draupadi for her unanswering devotoion for Krishna, Bheem for her caring nature, Nakul Sahdev for her benevolent nature, her knowledge n her straight forwardness  But people like Duryudhan n Karna made fun of her for this. Karna once raised question on her Krishna Bhakti n passed harsh remark on her. Draupadi was Krishna devotee from her birth. Lord Krishna was everything for her.  Her husbands never objected her devotion for Lord krishna. Had she married Karna, he would have never allowed her to worship Lord krishna as Prameshwar. Arjuna's remarriage with Subhadra actually helped her. Draupadi had five little babies when Pandavas were exiled. Subhadra took care of those kids n gave them good upbringing

Only man who understood her pain was Lord Krishna. Draupadi was great devotee of Lord Krishna like Arjuna. Lord Krishna once ate her Jhootha to save her from curse
Edited by coolpurvi - 15 years ago
Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: coolpurvi

Her condition would hav been same if she married Karna even worse. Karna's bestfriend -duryodhana, dushasan, Jaydhrat had no respect for women. They all had bad eye on her.
Karna insulted darupadi so many times. Karna had many wives n girlfriends.  he was a  egoist. For him draupadi was only a beautiful possession n nothing more. At least pandavas had respect for Draupadi's qualities.For example Yudhistir respected her for her Dharma gyaan n shaastra gyan. Arjuna respected Draupadi for her unanswering devotoion for Krishna, Bheem for her caring nature, Nakul Sahdev for her benevolent nature, her knowledge n her straight forwardness  But people like Duryudhan n Karna made fun of her for this. Karna once raised question on her Krishna Bhakti n passed harsh remark on her. Draupadi was Krishna devotee from her birth. Lord Krishna was everything for her.  Her husbands never objected her devotion for Lord krishna. Had she married Karna, he would have never allowed her to worship Lord krishna as Prameshwar. Arjuna's remarriage with Subhadra actually helped her. Draupadi had five little babies when Pandavas were exiled. Subhadra took care of those kids n gave them good upbringing

Only man who understood her pain was Lord Krishna. Draupadi was great devotee of Lord Krishna like Arjuna. Lord Krishna once ate her Jhootha to save her from curse

so sweet of krishna just love him even he is my good friend whenever i have any problems i just tell my problems out to him by talking to his idol and within some days it has just solved.....krishna always helps those who are distress.....my fav avtaar of vishnu was Ram....

oh karan was the kauravas friend....great freaks all the same brains one thing great about karan was he is a dham veer...he doesn't say no to anything....

its been a long time since i hear mahabaharat as my grandadda is ill......5 cute babies so cute

priyankat thumbnail
Thanks for sharing..You are absolutely right on your judgement on Pandavas and Draupadi..
coolpurvi thumbnail

so sweet of krishna just love him even he is my good friend whenever i have any problems i just tell my problems out to him by talking to his idol and within some days it has just solved.....krishna always helps those who are distress.....my fav avtaar of vishnu was Ram....

oh karan was the kauravas friend....great freaks all the same brains one thing great about karan was he is a dham veer...he doesn't say no to anything....

its been a long time since i hear mahabaharat as my grandadda is ill......5 cute babies so cute

I dont like karna for he took part in cheerHaran n passed very dirty remarks on her. Even before that he insulted draupadi. He was brave but got killled because he was on Adharma's side. lord krishna promise her that all who supported cheerHaran directly or indectly will get killed
akhl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Mages for this post (may I please know your real name if you do not mind sharing? 😊 )
I agree with the facts you have cited. But I do not agree with the interpretation.

We should not judge the culture of one time by comparing it with the culture of another. There are certain things, which are always bad. But there are certain things, which are bad at one time but good at another.

Arjun won Draupadi in the swyamvar. But all five married her. This is not because of any lust but for fulfilling the order of their mother Kunti, though she gave this order by mistake. Moreover, it was destined to happen because of a boon that Lord Shiva gave to Draupadi in her previous birth. In general, one lady married to more than one husband is considered bad because all the husbands fight for her, each thinking her as his property. But this was not the case with Pandavas. Pandava brothers never fought over Draupadi. No Pandava ever accused Draupadi that she gave more importance to another.

Yes, Pandavas had more than one wife. But it was common in those days. I am not saying that just because it was common, it was something good. But, at the same time, we can also not claim that just because it was common, it was bad. Why is polygamy considered bad? This is bad in general because if polygamy is allowed, then a guy will marry another girl and leave his previous wife crying. But this was not the case with Pandavas. Even though they had more than one wife, no wife was made to cry because of another. The biggest proof is that even though a girl knew that a Pandava was already married, she was very happy to marry him (nobody forced her). Consider the case of Krishna, who had more than 16000 wives. Some people, who do not know why Krishna had so many wives, call him as lusty. But if we read why he had so many wives, then we find that it was a great work on his part.

Draupadi got more importance than any other wife of any Pandava. She got more importance than even Subhadra, who was sister of one other than Lord Krishna.

You have written that "all 5 bros without even thinking twice bet draupadi in a dice game". Please note that all five brothers did not bet her. It was only Yudhisthir, who did so. Of course it was wrong. He betted not only Draupadi but his brothers and himself too. In fact he betted his brothers and himself before he betted Draupadi. I agree that it was wrong to bet Draupadi but it was also wrong to bet his brothers and himself. It is important to note that Yudhisthir betted himself before he betted Draupadi. This shows that he gave Draupadi more importance than he gave himself. Of course, this does not make the betting good, but this is an important point to keep in mind in order to get the accurate picture.

Draupadi did face problems. But who did not? In those days, many women faced far more problems than Draupadi. Draupadi, at least, was in a position to protest what her husband did. But, in those days, many women had to accept whatever men did without any question. In those days, many men made their wives suffer for their own happiness i.e. the husband was enjoying life but the wife was suffering. This was not the case with Draupadi. She did suffer but so did her husbands.

It is also worth noting that in those days, it was extremely rare for women to be induled in any profession. They were mostly housewives. That is why, parents wanted to marry their daughters to those boys who were in high position and were earning well. Pandavas were highly learned and very brave. And do not forget the condition of Draupadi after Pandavas won the war. She was the principal queen of the most important kingdom of India.
nsheena thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
well.. i dont think Karna is the best one 4 Draupadi!
he is basically a righteous man who goes by his principles.. but then, he was an egoist. i think draupadi is best with arjun, but the pandavas have treated her quite ok. had they thought she was nothing, wudnt they have bet her first? im not justifying them placing draupadi in the game of dice.. they were rong in tat.. but every1 is entitled for one mistake
as for the fact tat none of the pandavas stopped dushasan, they were all enraged and even charged at dhuryodhan and dushasan.. but yudhishtir being who he is, (he was always truthful and NEVER lied) cudnt do anything. As for the other 4, they were stopped by yudhidshtir, and they never did anything their eldest bro stopped them frm doing.
the pandavas never refused draupadi anything. Quite a few incidents frm Mahabharata proves this.. for instance, bheem going to get the scented flower.. am not sure of the other incidents though..
bheem swore tat hed drink the blood from the very thigh tat duryodhan showed draupadi and he did. the pandavas were helpless.. they were bound by their word and tats y they cudnt do anything then..
coolpurvi thumbnail
well said avinaaash. only pandavs were suitable for her. she was right in rejecting Karna