Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
'Reality shows are silly'
8 Jul 2008, 0000 hrs IST,TNN
 Print  

Write to Editor
Kiran Dubey (TOI photo)
She appears in a very cute role in the serial Ratna Sinha€™s Babul Ka Aangan Chhotey Na after quite a gap.

Ask Kiran Dubey about the break and she says, €œIt was becoming quite regressive to do the same kind of roles. I€™m a person who€™s driven by passion more than making money. So I need quality work around me.€

Her next obvious step has to be films, she says. €œIf you are from the TV fraternity, people as it is have a difficulty in accepting you in any major role for films. To top that if you are stereotyped, things can get from difficult to impossible,€ she thinks. What about the reality shows that are happening around, wouldn€™t she like to participate in any of those? €œI think reality shows which include singing and dancing and €˜all that jazz€™, are plain silly and stupid and you do nothing other than make a fool of yourself! And I shall never do anything which I think is senseless,€ she avers. €œPlus these shows are nothing but money-making fundas and that too only for the makers and the participants. Why can€™t they take up a moral cause. They could pick up subjects like who can better educate a child in the rural areas or how many kids can you make literate. Or if that is unaffordable, why can€™t they do a plain Oprah!€

So does Kiran do anything close to this on her own? €œEvery year on my birthday I can afford to throw a lavish party. But instead I spend it with disabled and orphan children. That€™s so much what I can do from my end. And whenever given a chance for something more towards the betterment of these kids, I jump at it!€

Recently she was part of a controversy surrounding her personal life (there were reports that one of her friends was assaulted by a guy, also a friend of hers, simply because he thought there was something brewing between her and the former guy). €œIt was really not such a big deal,€ says Kiran. €œJust because I hail from the TV fraternity, things had been hyped up. It was a squall between friends which took a little serious turn and I just got myself involved in the scene to stand by my friend!€
type=text/javascript>var imgid = '3207004';var capt = 'Kiran Dubey (TOI photo)';var cnt='1'; var b1=""; if(cnt > 1){ b1 = ' '; } var b2 = '
'+ capt +'
'; belly ad.innerHTML = b2 + b1;
http://www1.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buz z/Reality_shows_are_silly/articleshow/3206984.cms