Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Meet Ekta's modern Ganga

Sakshi Tanwar, who is playing Ganga in Ekta's version of Mahabharat, will be sporting a different look for the show. The Creative Head Suraj Rao gave us details.

About her look, he says, "People may term it a modern look for namesake but it is a normal one. We are using the same colour – white – for her costume. We have only changed the design a bit. But otherwise there is not too much of a difference. Manish (Malhotra) has tried to give her a fresh appearance as she is looking very nice and pretty. We have not played too much with her look so there is no need to compare the old and new Ganga."
Goddess Ganga is the mother of Bheeshma Pitamaha (Devrath) and she is the sister of Goddess Parvati. According to mythology Ganga originated from the head of Lord Shiva. She gave birth to seven children. She killed all seven by drowning them in the river but Bheeshma is considered as her 8th son.

Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
Friday, June 27, 2008

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Ekta's MAHAABHAARAT from July 7

After all the speculation, Ekta Kapoor's magnum opus Kahaani Hamaaray MAHAABHAARAT Ki will finally go on air on July 7 at 9 pm.

Indrani Mukerjea, Founder & CEO, INX Media, said, "I am delighted to announce that MAHAABHAARAT will premiere on the 7th of July, at 9 pm, and will air Mondays to Thursdays. I am confident MAHAABHAARAT, which has the biggest Indian stars in the greatest drama ever, will do justice to the great epic with its unique and contemporary presentation."

Produced by Ekta Kapoor's Balaji Telefilms, it features an array of super stars such as Ronit Roy, Sakshi Tanwar, Aryan Vaid, Chetan Hansraj, Akashdeep Saigal, Anita Hassanandani, Rakshanda Khan and Makrand Deshpande, along with several others whose names will be revealed over the next few days.

Shot in Ladakh, Jaipur and Wai, the costumes have been done by Manish Malhotra

Says Indrani Mukerjea, "It s a gripping spectacle of relationships, power, politics and values, with all the dramatic excitement and interplay of emotions that makes Ved Vyasa's Mahabharat a story for all time and all generations. We are confident that MAHAABHAARAT will have the same appeal and relevance for life today that it had thousands of years ago."

Hill Road Media
Thursday, June 19, 2008

Anashah1980 thumbnail
'I took Sahadev's role to get a positive image'
Srabanti Chakrabarti

July 02, 2008 13:34 IST

Jatin Shah

From the bad man Raunak in Kasturi to the goodie-goodie brother Sahadev in Kahani Hamare Mahabharat Ki, Jatin Shah has done it all.

The handsome heartthrob of Indian television seems to be going through a well-deserved career growth. What started off with innocuous advertisements soon transformed into a cameo role in Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki, and finally a role in Kasturi and Ekta Kapoor's Kahaani Hamaaray Mahaabhaarat Ki.

"I consider myself lucky to have got such a good role in Mahabharat even though it means a lot of hard work for me. I have to learn horse riding and sword fighting for the battle scenes and also work out for two hours daily to get into shape for Sahadev's character," says a grateful Jatin, whose rise to fame, like many other actors, can be attributed to Balaji Telefilms.

But why a mythological character? "People started liking me as Raunak in Kasturi. When my character started developing negative shades, they started hating me. So I took Sahadev's role to get a positive image. Hopefully, they will start liking me again," Jatin smiles.

"I consider myself very lucky to have been identified for the biggest project on Indian television today," he continues. "Plus, I feel an actor's actual test is in doing different types of roles. I have done soaps, now I feel doing a mythological character will add to my portfolio and help me mature as an actor."

Jatin will start shooting for the show in a couple of days.

Apart from the epic, Jatin is also getting ready for a reality show titled Kabhi Kabhi Pyaar Kabhi Kabhi Yaar in which participants have to dance with their real and reel life partners.

"This is a tough one because I suffer from dance phobia! After shooting for Kasturi the entire day, I practice dancing for a couple of hours daily!" says the actor. He will be seen with long time beau, Priya Bathija, in the contest.

Is marriage on the cards? "That's too private. My viewers will get to know once I am married. Let it be a secret for now," he signs s marriage on the cards? "That's too private. My viewers will get to know once I am married. Let it be a secret for now," he signs off.

Source: rediff.com
Anashah1980 thumbnail
Signature Style: Ekta's Mahabhaaraat

The main characters of Kahaani Hamaaray Mahabhaaraat Ki will be reveled via the show's promos next month.

We got hold of some pictures which reveal the signature style and traits of the some characters.

Shakuni mama: One of the meanest characters of Mahabharat, he was the uncle of Kaurava and had a habit of playing the dice game which we can see in this particular snap.

Duroyadhan: The eldest and most powerful brother of Kauravas. Here you can see his build - the most famous traits of his character.

Karan: The sixth son of Kunti was considered as Survanshi Kshatriya and a great donor. The mark of the sun is visible on his stomach as he gets killed in the battlefield.

Arjun: With bow and arrow and the famous fish image in the pic. The great archer had hit the fish's eye by looking at it's mage in the water. That is how he got married to Draupati in the swayamwar.

Draupati: Was one of strongest women of the epic. The Pandvas lost her in a gamble with Kauravas. The reason why Mahabharat took place was the vastraharan of Draupati.

Lord Krishna: Inspired Arjun for battle by teaching him about Bhagwat Geeta and was also the narrator of the saga. He is considered the pillar of Mahabharat

Suraj Rao, creative head of the show, says, "We have finished shooting in Ladhakh, and Jaipur with the cast we have decided. Our one set in Film City is ready and the other one will be available in the next 20 days. Now, we are going to Wai (Maharahstra) for further shoot with the new cast members."

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Signature Style: Ekta's Mahabhaaraat

The main characters of Kahaani Hamaaray Mahabhaaraat Ki will be reveled via the show's promos next month.

We got hold of some pictures which reveal the signature style and traits of the some characters.

Shakuni mama: One of the meanest characters of Mahabharat, he was the uncle of Kaurava and had a habit of playing the dice game which we can see in this particular snap.

Duroyadhan: The eldest and most powerful brother of Kauravas. Here you can see his build - the most famous traits of his character.

Karan: The sixth son of Kunti was considered as Survanshi Kshatriya and a great donor. The mark of the sun is visible on his stomach as he gets killed in the battlefield.

Arjun: With bow and arrow and the famous fish image in the pic. The great archer had hit the fish's eye by looking at it's mage in the water. That is how he got married to Draupati in the swayamwar.

Draupati: Was one of strongest women of the epic. The Pandvas lost her in a gamble with Kauravas. The reason why Mahabharat took place was the vastraharan of Draupati.

Lord Krishna: Inspired Arjun for battle by teaching him about Bhagwat Geeta and was also the narrator of the saga. He is considered the pillar of Mahabharat

Suraj Rao, creative head of the show, says, "We have finished shooting in Ladhakh, and Jaipur with the cast we have decided. Our one set in Film City is ready and the other one will be available in the next 20 days. Now, we are going to Wai (Maharahstra) for further shoot with the new cast members."

Anashah1980 thumbnail

Ekta Kapoor set to recreate 'Mahabharat'
Published by BizAsia.co.uk at 10:43:22 am on January 29, 2008
Related Articles
Anita chosen by Ekta for role of Draupadi
Who plays what in Ekta's Mahabharat
Kareena to play Ekta Kapoor in Golmaal 2
Ekta 'Paisa' Kapoor
Ekta Kapoor produces Shootout At Lokhandwala

TV queen Ekta Kapoor is set to recreate the 'Mahabharat' magic on a lavish scale, it's been reported.

Mumbai Mirror has said that the huge show will star all the top actors of the Balaji stable. It will go on the floors in the last week of February or the first week of March and will be aired mid-2008, on one of the recently-launched TV channels.

This will be her first attempt at mythology.

According to sources, some names speculated to take part in the new show are Chetan Hansraj, Naman Shaw, Ronit Roy, Shabbir Aluwalia, Aamir Ali, Jay Bhanushali, Karan Patel, Ram Kapoor and Hiten Tejwani. She has also spoken to Gauri Pradhan and Saakshi Tanwar. However it is yet unclear who will play the five Pandavas and the important characters among the Kauravas.

Recently NDTV's new entertainment channel NDTV Imagine launched its mythological show 'Ramayan' in the primetime slot.
http://www.radiosargam.com/films/archives/10462/ekta-kapoor- set-to-recreate-mahabharat.html

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Ekta Kapoor's Mahabharat star cast

Ekta Kapoor is full busy these days in making "Mahabharat" for 9X. She has assembled all her fav TV Men to star in this Balaji Magnum Opus. Now, she is all set to make Ronit Roy, Hiten and Chetan beefier with more muscle to fit their respective characters in Mahabharat.

She has roped in Prashant (…the guy that gave Shahrukh Khan 6 pack abs in flat 4 months). Prashan gets 2 months to give more muscles to Ekta's men to get ready for Mahabharat.

Watch-out for new age Mahabharat featuring your fav TV men with ripped muscles and toned bodies. Its full Ekta Mahabharat…

Ekta Kapoor's magnus opus Mahabharat on channel 9X is in huge planning stage. All the Balaji royalist are being scanned to ascertain who fits where.

Ekta Kapoor's very close and loved real life couple Gauri and Hiten Tejwani seems to be getting in scheme of things.

Buzz is Gauri Tejwani will play Draupadi in Ekta's Mahabharat. Yeah, her look cute and innocent looks should fit the character. Anita Hasnandani was also considered for this role and finally Gauri bagged it.

Gauri's real life hubby Hiten isn't far behind. He plays Karan in this reloaded Mahabharat. He is doing hard work to fit in the character.

Along with Ronit Roy and Chetan Hansraj, he is sweating it out in gym to look beefy in the character. It is not easy being an actor, right guys?

Ekta Kapoor's Mahabharat cast is finally getting settled. Latest to join Mahabharat clan is glam girl Rakshanda Khan.

She plays character of Amba in Ekta Kapoor's Mahabharat. So, why did she chose this role? Here are two reasons -

"…Firstly, I got a chance to work with Ronit Roy again. Ronit plays Bheeshma Pitamah in Mahabharat and I have most of my scenes with him."

OHHK… where is Ronit's wife? Be careful! And Second reason is "… I got a chance to act in a mythological, which doesn't come one's way often." [source Mumbai Mirror]

Yeah, bang on Rakshanda. Manish Malhotra is doing constumes for her.. hope he remembers it is a mythological serial and not a Karan Johar movie!

Here is Mr Bajaj, ah sorry Ronit Roy as Bheeshma Pitamaha from Ekta Kapoor's Mahabharat on 9x. Long hair is ok, this is so common in epic series. Did you notice lack of glitter and glitz? Probably they want to keep things subtle and classy (hopefully!).

As usual Ronit look good in this avatar, as far acting is concerned - he cant go bad in that front. So Nazara people, did you like Ronit Roy's Bheeshma Pitamaha AVATAR?

Previously we have seen Chetan Hansraj and Aryan Vaid in action pose from this upcoming Mahabharat Saga. As reported earlier, it seems Ronit Roy has hit gym with vengence as other male stars from this epic.

Jai Bhanushali (see the pic, if you don't know him!) is calling quit to his role in Star Plus serial Kayamath.

He feels their is nothing more left in the show for him.

Hmm.. suddenly show looks stale to him? Couldn't he offer his creative juice?

Here is more, besides saying bye bye to this Ekta Kapoor's show, he even refused to be part of Ekta Kapoor's Mahabharat on 9x.

Why? He is not un-comfortable wearing props and tinnie winnie dresses - yeah he is no big muscle guy either… hehehehe

Bhanu bhaiya adds… he has lot of movie and TV show offers, but havn't said YES to anyone. Why? only he would know… probably he is unconformatable doing either of it. BYE BYE

http://bigdhamaka.wordpress.com/2008/07/03/ekta-kapoors-maha bharat-star-cast/
Anashah1980 thumbnail
Will Ekta Kapoor's Mahabharat have the famous K-factor?
23 Star10 CommentsShare This Post Trash
Madhuri Katti, Kolkata: Jun 29 2008 Made Popular Jun 29 2008
Yes, there is a K. It goes Kahani something blah blah Mahabharat. I hope K-influence on kahani (story) just ends there. Or else the creative heads of Ekta Kapoor will end up changing the storyline itself to improve TRPs!!!

I hope the soul and essence of Mahabharat, the great Indian epic doesn't get lost or is compromised for the sake of TRPs. Balaji camp is famous for sloppy melodramatic soaps with never ending and repeating storyline. They don't have full-stop in their grammer or dictionary. I hope this K (Keep going) factor doesn't drag the epic into total melodrama and boredom.

This professional media house should realize that in the era of TV and internet, the young generations all over India will probably know Mahabharat only from how it is depicted in the serial. It is a big responsibility to put across the nuances and philosophy of Mahabharat in a serial format. This is not a typical Saas-Bahu saga. Characters in Mahabharat are not black and white. There are all kinds of colours and shades. This epic defines our philosophy and culture.

Going by the promos, it doesn't seem to be any different from other soaps from Balaji camp. Mahabharat doesn't need enhanced special effects. Nor does it need famous sound and light effects of thunder and lighting and rotating cameras, zooming in and zooming out, freezing etc. Hope they are made to pass thro' the censor board.

The classics have to be treated in a classy style. Hope K-team shows some respect to the Indian epic.
http://madkat70.instablogs.com/entry/will-ekta-kapoor-s-maha bharat-have-the-famous-k-factor/
Anashah1980 thumbnail
Friday, June 13, 2008
Ekta ki Mahabharata

Ekta Kapoor's soon-to-be-telecast production of the Mahabharata (retitled Kahaani Hamaaray Mahabharat Ki, kyunki "K" ka hona zaroori hai) promises to change the landscape of mythological serials in much the same way that her daily dramas transformed how we look at Indian families. Some predictions for what we can expect to see on this new show:

– In a case of inventive rewriting, the character of Bhishma, the grand old man who shows more longevity than most of his great-great-grandchildren, will be turned into a woman and played by the actress who enacted the role of the timeless Ba in Kyunki Saas bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. This will save the casting directors some trouble.

– Each of Draupadi's five weddings will be shown in loving detail, over several weeks, with a budget of Rs 200 crore set aside exclusively for the costumes.

– Dramatic twists will abound. During a teary family showdown, it will transpire that Dhritarashtra's blindness was caused by the cumulative glare from the necklaces worn by the women in his family. After the failure of the vastra-haran attempt, it will be revealed that Draupadi, being a dutiful wife, was wearing all five of her wedding saris at the time. ("No wonder she looks so fat," Duhshasana will remark, causing Bhima to swear the fearsome oath that he will catch hold of Duhshasana one day and force-feed him bean sprouts.)

– There will be at least one cat-fight between Draupadi and Subhadra, with chiffon and jewellery flying about the palace and an emasculated Arjuna watching nervously from a corner of the room. The number of speedy zoom-ins and zoom-outs in this scene will break all previous records for daytime soaps and the episode will win a special achievement prize at a Balaji Telefilms awards show.

– One of the features of an Ekta Kapoor soap is the ostentatious piety of the characters (that is, when they aren't busy conniving to destroy each others' lives). This is most notable in scenes where family members gather at the puja room together, fold their hands and moist-eyedly sway their heads in unison as celestial music plays on the soundtrack. In Kahaani Hamaaray Mahabharat Ki, where one of the key characters is God Himself, this sort of behaviour will cause serious disruptions in the plot. Each time Krishna enters a room, everyone will stand in a line and start singing bhajans loudly. These scenes will buy the scriptwriters a few weeks' time to plan the next plot twist.

– Unfortunately, the censor board will disallow the scene where Krishna and his family fold their hands and sway piously in front of statues of the Kapoor family.

– Wherever possible, sentences will begin with "K" words. For instance, when Satyavati is asked why her son, the vagrant scribe, doesn't live with her in the palace, she will reply, "Kyunki Vyas bhi kabhi sadhu tha."

– There will be unexpected promotional guest appearances at crucial points. Midway through the episode showing the death of Abhimanyu, Tusshar Kapoor will appear onscreen to announce the forthcoming release of his new film ChakraView.

– Though the Mahabharata war lasted 18 days, it will take six years' worth of episodes to telecast, because of the Principle of Reaction Shots, crucial to any Balaji serial. Each time a character shoots an arrow at another, we will be shown reaction shots of every man, horse, elephant and vulture on the battlefield. These scenes will make the pace of Ramanand Sagar's soporific Ramayana comparable to that of an Indiana Jones film.

– The arrows will, of course, travel in slow motion; the more important ones like the Brahmastra will take at least four episodes to reach their target. But since the weapons will be dressed in colourful saris, viewers won't mind.

It is said of the Mahabharata that "what is not here is nowhere to be found". The tagline for Kahaani Hamaaray Mahabharat Ki will be "what is here is nowhere else to be found".

posted by Jabberwock @ 1:21 PM
http://jaiarjun.blogspot.com/2008/06/ekta-ki-mahabharata.htm l
Anashah1980 thumbnail
Stars balance Mahabharat,k-serials schedule

Ekta Kapoor's Kahaani Hamari Mahabharat Kii has the topmost television actors being part of the project. We spoke to the creative director of the serial Suraj and also to some of the actors about how the shooting schedules are managed.
Suraj informs, "There are no hassles happening regarding the shooting schedules since the shooting itself happens on days when the stars do not have to shoot for their other serials - be it Sakshi Tanwar or Kiran Karmarkar who play the roles of Ganga and Shantanu in the serial. They have already finished their shooting schedule without any change in their other serials' schedule."

Speaking about Chetan Hansraj, who will play Bheem in the serial, Suraj says, "Well, Chetan still has to start shooting for the serial. Regarding him too the dates are not clashing with any of his other commitments."

Ronit Roy plays the character of Bhishma Pitama in the serial and is even seen as Mihir in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. But Anil Nagpal, the scriptwriter of Kyunki is not too worried. "Ronit has already started shooting for Mahabharat and his track in Kyunkii still continues as per the schedule without any delay."

Kiran Karmarkar, who plays the role of Shantanu in Mahabharat, has already finished shooting his part for the epic. He says he too did not face any difficulty. "Since, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii and Kahaani Hamari Mahabharat Kii belong to the same production house, I did not have to decide on my shooting schedule at all. Wherever the production house used to direct me I used to go there. It was fun working in the serial and there was no special preparation that I had to do for the character so I am looking forward to it."

Ketki Koli, Hill Road Media
Tuesday, June 24, 2008

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/June /News_20080624_247