Krishna is very busy! - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Krishna is very busy!
26 Jun 2008, 0000 hrs IST, Smita Roy,TNN

Krishna Gokani (TOI Photo)
She is the new bahu on the block and is already juggling around.

Along with playing the protagonist in Hamari Devrani, Krishna Gokani is also a student in a city college studying Accounts and Finance. At a time when most people her age would be seen scurrying about with books in hand, she's happy donning the sindoor and playing the petite little woman of the house. But right now she's scared of getting into trouble as it's been a while since she hasn't been attending college due to long shoot schedules and most of our collegians would know the plight that follows with bad attendance.

So how did she bag Hamari Devrani? "Homi Wadia is very close to me. He was the one who introduced me to Shobhana Desai, the producer of the show. Surprisingly, she never took my screen test or look test. She just said that I fit the role perfectly and I was on," she says excitedly.

Ever since Krishna stepped on to the sets, it has been an unforgettable experience for her. Initially she was sceptical about her conduct and would be extra cautious about how to behave on the sets. Most of the times she'd be quiet and keep to herself. She had initially gained the title of being a snob, but then slowly the youngster started mingling with her crew and now "They have all become like one big family," she smiles.