Kiran Dubey plays a special negative came

sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago

Kiran Dubey plays a special negative cameo in Babul ka…
by Vidhya Krishnan
Jun 19, 2008, Bangalore

Our actors are smart cookies! Because they know exactly the roles that will click with the audience. And the happening kind of roles ruling the present is playing cameo or negative. And it is a double treat for Kiran Dubey who has a role which has both. Ratna Sinha's Babul Ka Angann Chootney Na will have Kiran Dubey as Kamini in a special cameo romancing Pratam Ranawat. She was previously seen in Kyunki.., Kkusum and Kahani ghar ghar ki. Kiran speaks to Vidhya Krishnan about her role in Babul ka.., dream roles, spirituality, future projects and more…

MY ROLE… I will be featured in Babul Ka Aangan Chootey Na in a beautiful special appearance. I will be playing Kamini, a go-getter. She is someone who doesn't care for anything and would go to any lengths to fulfill her dreams. The role has a negative shade and is also glamorous. My appearance will be telecast in 10 days from now.

DID I TAKE UP CAMEO BECAUSE IT IS NEGATIVE… No….Nothing like that… I have played negative previously and this one interested me because first of all I have worked with Ratna before and second of all the role itself is really cute which made me agree.

APART FROM THIS… I am doing a few corporate films and an Indo-Pak project called "Bhai' which is a 26 episode series in which I play a negative role, a bad woman who transforms for good and understands life during the course of time.

REALITY SHOWS FOR ME… I am not very fond of them… But give me a show which is something really challenging, sporty and adventurous and I am in. But otherwise I do not prefer singing or dancing or any of those sorts.

TV VIS--VIS MOVIES… I am looking at targeting movies presently and you can expect one or two movies of mine by end of this year. But TV is definitely big but regressive and mediocre. But whatever said and done while I take up a role, it all works with the instinct for me. It is all about how you portray your role and how much you graduate in each and every level of life.

I RELAX MYSELF BY…. I do a lot of reading. I love watching movies as well. To some extent I like shopping. Other than these, I do yoga, like frequenting parks and take a nice walk I also consciously do a lot of praying which I firmly believe is something that inculcates a lot of positive energy in you One cannot move a mountain and I believe in these positive thoughts which have a lot of power; so much power that it helps drive away any kind of negativity that will let you down

IN THE PIPELINE… As of now I am doing Babul… Apart from that I will be doing one or two ad campaigns which are not yet finalized. And as far as movies are concerned, talks are on and I am looking at taking up good projects.

MY DREAM ROLES… I have a list… I love playing a crazy lawyer who fights for what is right, a rock star, a Hippie, a romantic woman who believes in love forever, a crazy person belonging to a corporate world, an absolute freak... The list will go on but I just said what I could think of at the moment.

IF NOT AN ACTOR, I WOULD YOU HAVE BEEN… That is an interesting food for thought… Sometimes I do think of stuff like this. If not an actor I would have been a lawyer, a healing therapist for people suffering from spiritual malnutrition (I have been through this phase), a psycho therapist, I would have loved to be Kiran bedi…
http://tellywatch.com/Telly_Interview/Kiran_Dubey_special_ne gative_cameo/June-19-2008/Kiran_Dubey_interview_special_nega tive_cameo_Babul_ka2008_06_20_00_56_372008_06_20_00_59_22_2. html