Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--arti-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago
Thanks samhita, sadizzle, charmed, shaz, amina..  I'm working on the next chapter, will post it soon, maybe tomorrow. Hope you guys like that one too, it's a slightly different mood from this one. 😊

samhita - yeah I have yet to figure out what to do with garima/Kajal. 😛 Initially I wasn't planning on it, but I think Percy and Tanu would be a good pairing because of the chemistry... we'll see! For now I might keep Kajal single for love triangle possibilities with Adi-Mathili. 😊Edited by --arti-- - 15 years ago
Larae thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
loved it adi is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
cute i liked it when maithili was teasing him i couldnt stop laughing he thought she was gonna ask him 😆 poor thing 😭 and cute thing 😆 😆 😆
and the last bit was superb i was drooling for more 😆 😆 😆 and plz dont get any triangles between them 😭 but if its only to make them jealous then its okay but otherwise 😡 joking lolz
plz continue soon cant wait to read the next chapter

love
mehar 😃
Aisha00 thumbnail
👏 i have no w0rds....2 gud yaar !!
--arti-- thumbnail
CHAPTER 11
Changes

Maithili hit the brakes really hard.

"F*@#%^! idiot!" she cursed the car that just rudely passed her. She was driving to the Mehra house to pick up Ashu for Gauri's dance program. She had told Ashu that she'd arrive at 7 pm, and it was only 6 pm now. She wanted to get there early. The reason was Adi. She needed to see him. She hadn't seen him in about a week, and after seeing him everyday for roughly a month, it was too much to just have to be away from him so much.

She remembered the exchange they had at his office and it made her feel like she was sinking. She felt like her life was on an uncontrollable roller coaster. She knew she had been developing feelings for Adi, but she was scared of doing anything about it. The risks were too high. Screwing up her friendship with Adi. Losing Shruti's confidence, friendship, trust... Both these people had come to matter a lot to her, and she didn't know how to manoeuvre this situation anymore. Staying away from Adi didn't seem like an option. So then what? Her heart beat faster and faster as she got closer to their house. She signalled hurriedly to their watchman, who opened the gate for her with a smile.

From his bedroom window, he watched her arrive. He wanted to rush up to her, fill his arms with her, but he couldn't. He knew she was unsure of things, and he didn't want to rush her. But this was difficult for him. He sulked in his room. Let her take Ashu to the stupid dance thing. He wouldn't even go downstairs to say hi to her.

"Hey dude," said Maithili to a confused looking Ashu.
"You're early," he glanced at the clock, which showed 6:20. "About…40 minutes early."
"Yeah, it's good to see you too, Ashu," she joked.
"Sorry, that's not what I meant. Of course you're welcome here anytime."
She scanned the living room eagerly. Ashu could almost read her mind.
"Adi's his room, upstairs, to the left."
She smiled at Ashu and made her way up the stairs when she ran into Shruti.

"Hey Mitu! You and Ashu are going to Gauri's program tonight, na?" Shruti asked with a smile. Maithili smiled at the nickname Shruti had come to use for her.
"Haan, aunty. But I thought I'll say hi to Adi before leaving."
"Ah yes…by the way, make sure you bring Ashu back home safely. Who knows, maybe he'll melt into liquid after seeing Gauri dance," Shruti joked.
"He just might," Maithili smiled, quickly nodded her bye to Shruti, and made her way towards Adi's room.

She sensed that Maithili looked impatient. I wonder what's happening between those two, she thought to herself. A small frown formed on Shruti's face.

"Adi?" she said, knocking on his door. He froze at this. He didn't think she would come upstairs looking for him. He glanced at himself quickly in the mirror and opened the door to let her in. 

"Hey, you" she greeted him with a smile. As if nothing had happened. As if everything was jolly perfect. He stretched his lips to give a curt smile.
"Is that supposed to pass for a smile?" she asked him.
"Come in," he motioned towards an armchair. But she didn't sit down.
"So…this is Aditya Mehra's bedroom," she looked around. There were books, some empty coffee mugs and glasses, as well as business and news magazines scattered around, but overall it was a fairly neatly-kept room. She turned around, facing him again.
"Miss me?"
He looked at her with a quizzical expression for asking this entirely stupid question. He was sure she already knew the answer.

"I came to pick up Ashu, for the dance program."
"I remember." He was still sulking.
"I wish you could go with us, but there are only two tickets. And the event is sold out, as you know."
He nodded distractedly.
"Adi… do you want me to not be here?" she asked.
"Maithili…," he walked towards her. She tensed up, slightly worried. He stopped. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable. So he leaned against the wall and folded his arms, keeping a safe distance from her.

"You want to know something?" he began. "This is from a long time ago. 5 years ago, I guess. I had lost something at college. It felt like something tangible, like maybe my phone, or a book, or even something stupid, like a pen. I didn't even know what I had lost, but I kept looking…," he glanced at her. "You know that feeling? When you've lost something?"
"Yeah," she nodded, "I've lost plenty of my things like that." What was he going on about, she wondered. He was silent for a few moments, staring outside the window. She slowly walked towards him, finding a spot next to him. She folded her arms behind her and also leaned against the wall.

"I'm sorry if I've hurt you, Adi," she said shakily. "I just don't know what to do…and I…" she couldn't continue. She didn't have the words to explain, and what would she explain when she didn't herself understand.
They both waited for the other to talk. She then glanced at her watch and knew it was time for her to go. He was still looking in the direction of the window when she softly said bye and walked toward the door.

Just as she was at the door, he started talking again.

"You know, that terrible feeling that something had gone missing…it was so confusing, because I had forgotten what it was that went missing in the first place.…Looking back now, I realize that every time I would walk into a room back then, almost subconsciously searching it…for, I don't know, how many months I did this…It was you I was looking for. Even though I knew. I knew you had left, because there was an announcement in the college notice board. I read it and pretended it didn't matter to me."
She stopped, with her brow furrowing. She turned around and looked at him. He was facing her now.
"Deep down I've known something for the past 5 years that I didn't admit to myself. I've known that the second you left, the way I felt about you changed drastically. It changed from childish conflict laced with an incredible attraction…to something else. Something deeper."
She closed her eyes and bit her lip, her brow still furrowed, as if begging him to stop. But he walked towards her and continued.

"And then I saw you again. I saw you after your interview at SAG. When you were walking…in that breeze. That long lost feeling seized me then. Because I had found what I didn't even know I had lost." It pained him to say all this, she observed. His eyes had moistened. She felt a helpless disorientation. Her fists were clenched, her teeth were shut tight, lips quivered, and the tears kept flowing, and she couldn't control any of it. She did the only thing she could do at that moment.

She ran into his arms and cried, clinging to him with desperation. He held her quietly with his eyes closed, and his hand gently stroking her head. Small masses of her shiny hair slipped in and out of his hand. It felt like his body was the only stabilizing factor in her life at that moment. She felt like if it wasn't there, she'd fall, keep falling…into unknown depths. And for him, her body was the only thing that could soothe him. It was only when she ran and clung to him that he realized he had been in pain. Some part of him had been in pain for 5 years, and she had now erased it.

They didn't need to talk in that moment, and neither of them could talk anyway. So they stood there for a few minutes until she heard Ashu call her name from downstairs.

She slowly withdrew and looked into his eyes. She smiled at him. The warmest, most comforting, most gentle smile he had ever seen. He wiped off her tears, smiling back at her.
She cleared her throat.
"I need some time, Adi."
He nodded. "Have fun tonight."

"You look gorgeous," Tanu said cheerfully to her nervous-looking friend.
"I hope everything goes okay," Gauri replied.
"Of course it will! You've worked really hard on this."

They were in the dressing room, where Gauri and her dancers were preparing for the program. Tanu had been helping her with her make-up, and she looked pleased with the result. She then remembered something she had forgotten to tell Gauri.
"Ashu's here tonight."
"Really?" she said, the worried creases in her forehead disappearing. "That's awesome! How did you get him a ticket?"
"I didn't. Maithili Aggarwal is bringing him here. Apparently she knows the organizer…what's her name, Pragati. Pragati sold Maithili the last two tickets, and she asked if Ashu wanted to come with her. Anyway, that's what Ashu told me."
"Hey that's pretty nice of Maithili," Gauri said, still fiddling with her make-up.
"I guess," Tanu said dismissively, "I'm going to sit with aunty and uncle, not with Maithili and Ashu."
"Tanu, come on. Let it go."
"Yeah, yeah. Anyway, good luck, I know you'll be great." Saying this, Tanu planted a brief kiss on her friend's head, careful not to mess up her hair.

As Tanu was walking down the narrow hallway, the washroom door banged outwards, hitting her sharply. She lost her balance and fell, with her face turned towards the floor.
"Ouch!"
"Damn it, I'm so sorry! This stupid door, and this hallway is so narrow…here, let me help you up."
She turned her face towards the tall frame standing over her and winced even harder. It was that stupid bandwaala.
As soon as Percy realized it was her, he withdrew his hand. "If I knew it was you, I would've pushed the door harder!" he said, grinning.
Tanu stood up and looked at him furiously. "Listen, you loser! Don't you dare act smart with me. I am still pissed off for what you pulled at the music store last week. How dare you misbehave with me, with Tanu Mehra? Do you even know who I am? You are nothing compared to me, bandwaala."

Percy looked amused. He barely reacted to her words.
"Listen, sweetheart. The name is Percy. Not bandwaala. Though maybe Percy Bandwaala sort of has a nice ring to it…"
"Ugh, shut up!"
"No, you shut up, Tanu Mehra," he sarcastically mocked the way she had said her name. "I've heard enough of your nonsense. I knew you were spoiled, but god, you just reach new lows every time I see you."
"You…"
"Shut up. Just shut up," he ordered calmly. Before she could get a word in edgewise, he moved towards her and backed her up against the wall.
"Do you know what happens to spoiled girls like you, Tanu Mehra?" he asked, very slowly and menacingly. "I happen to know exactly how to deal with your….type," he continued with a brief pause where he looked at her from head to toe, and back up again. The way he looked at her like that unnerved her. He moved closer. Her breath quickened with an unknown fear. She couldn't believe that she, Tanu Mehra, was scared of this…this, bandwala. No. No! She wouldn't react. She wouldn't show that she was scared of him.

He was only a few inches away from her face. He leaned in closer and closer. Her heart raced. All that she could hear was her heart beat unusually fast. All she could smell was his cologne. She closed her eyes. He could tell he had managed to unsettle her. That was all he wanted.

"Boo," he whispered into her face. He then turned around laughing and walked away, leaving her stunned. 

Tanu timidly walked back into the audience seating section. She immediately spotted Percy sitting with his friends in the same corner as Rishika aunty and Rishabh uncle. He caught her glance and raised his eyebrow at her with a smug smile. She wouldn't go to that corner where that loser bandwaala was sitting, she decided. Just then, she heard someone say her name.
"Tanu! Over here!"
Oh god. It was Maithili Aggarwal. Tanu reconsidered her options. Better Maithili Aggarwal than that jerk, she thought, and walked over to Maithili and Ashu.
"Ufff.. Tum dono na," Tanu feigned irritation. "Well, I was going to sit with aunty and uncle, but fine, fine, I'll sit with you two. I'll probably make both of you look good, and looking at the outfits you're both wearing, you need something to make you look good." Saying this, Tanu casually dropped in the seat next to Maithili. Maithili and Ashu smiled at each other. They hadn't even asked Tanu to sit with them.

They were about halfway through the dance program when the dancers left the stage and Gauri came back on for a solo performance. She had changed and was dressed in a flowing, white, layered costume. She moved across the stage diagonally with an unbelievable grace. In that moment, Gauri shone like a white gem. It was less because of her costume or the lights, and more because of the way in which her feet created perfect, dynamic motions along which she moved her body. She sparkled.

Ashu's face had been resting on his elbow as he watched captivated. Gauri moved in a circle with elongated white fabric swirling around her. The view was so angelic that Ashu's elbow dropped from the arm of his chair. Maithili and Tanu looked at each other and quietly giggled.

"Aaj jaise iski lottery lagi hai. Probably the first time he's looked at her properly," whispered Tanu in Maithili's ear.
Maithili continued to giggle at this.

But Ashu kept staring at Gauri, unfazed by what was going on around him. Something deep inside him had changed.

Edited by --arti-- - 15 years ago
--arti-- thumbnail
Thank you Mehar and Aisha!

Originally posted by: meharbibi

and plz dont get any triangles between them 😭 but if its only to make them jealous then its okay but otherwise 😡 joking lolz

😆 I know! I don't want a love triangle between Adi and Maithili either but kya kare.. kabhi kabhi kuch drama bhi mangta hai na. For now I haven't done anything with Kajal though, but we'll see where the story takes us!

-arti
tsamhita thumbnail
loved this chapter as always 😳 awww! my poor adi found somthing he didn't even know he lost...Maithili 😳 thats soo cute! and the way she just ran into his arms and hugged him😍 *sigh* girl, this ff ROCKS! 😛 continue soon! hehe this is like nicotine to us all 😆 we are far too addicted to it 😳 😆
--arti-- thumbnail
Thanks, Samhita! You're such a sweetheart, thanks for the compliment! Hope you like what's coming up, too.
Will continue soon.. 😊
Sadia87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
finally adi told mets' his true feelings about when she left the college 5 years ago!! aww..go adi!
OMG so now tanu is gonna fall for the bandwaala?!? 😆 ...what about garima?...now both of the guyz she cares about will be buzy with there own girls..first adi and now percy! hopefully garima won't blow her top! 😳

wonderful update! plz continue soon!
-aweshome_moi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Wohoooo!!What a great Update,yaar!!😉

Adi nd Maithili's part was soo amazing,yaar!!😳😳😳...Seriously dear!!Your Fic is soo addicting(have to agree with this Sam lady,here😆😆)...Me is loving Ashu-Gauri,too;they're choo chweet,na!!😳;and Percy-Tannu-they're kool,too!😆😉

Chalo,now continue sooon!😉
--arti-- thumbnail
Thanks sadizzle and Amina!

To be honest, I haven't figured out how things will work out between Tanu and Percy. All I know for now is that they will develop some chemistry between each other!

Will update soon. Probably tomorrow. 😊