DOTW: How well do u know the characters?

Mitesh.P thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 15 years ago

I feel that this show isn't showing enough depth of each character. I think we know Shekar, Adi, Radha, Ruchi etc all from the surface. I don't know what your opinion on this is but if they are going to dedicate one full hour on 1 character per episode then I might as well get to know each character in detail.

Everyone has ups and downs. This is when they are the strongest right?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sharmii thumbnail
Tooo much of the betiyaan.What say? 😆

I Think by now we pretty much have a very good idea of the 3 sisters...
So its time to focus on the other characters.
There 's only one thing which annoys me these days...rohini's forever sulking face.

And the worst part....she doesnt seem to be putting karan in his place.(she ctually bought him coffee....like he's her boss )

Looking forward to Ragini....I think she's the BEST!!
Mitesh.P thumbnail
The beties individually have been shown in detail. The bonding between the betis hasn't. The bonding part of the sisters is what truely reflects the show's title, I think.
gambi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I agree. We just know them from the surface. The cutiepies of the show need more screen time, I guess. 😃
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I too agree why did Rohini have to bring coffee for Karan !! Mana Ki she has to work with him and finish the project but she was acting like a maid and getting his demands fullfilled !! That was really annoying !!
And yes we ned to see other characters more espically the guys who play the mayjoy role infact they can have equal screen time with the girls during the one out episode !! scened for each couple and espically the main ones ( shelhar and Rohini story shud move ahead y she getting to know him more and what he does like ask him how come the photos were on his laptop and how come he said that he is interested only the blocks and broens and suddeny showed interst in capturing the desins she had made in his laptop !! There are ways to dig into the truth as to what is his actual profession where is his clinic f he has one !!! 😆 😆
Even Adi's life there can be so many things which can be understood !! How his mom treats him and why he is like that and why not like Anirudh as Ruchi sees him !!! 😳
Mitesh.P thumbnail
I see where you are coming from. I think the young characters are fine to a certain extent because young ones don't have experience (by young I mean Ruchi, Adi, etc). However characters like Radha and Ammu should have more depth in them.

Just imagine being the diretor. I would connect Shekar to Radha by making Shekar appear as though he knows the worries a mother goes through. I would ask the actress to show more of a motherly expression towards her daugthers. May be even show scenes where she is shedding tears in a room on her own and is hiding something about her own life from her daughters. The emotion needs to be backed with acting. This is where I feel TnD have failed to make the characters shine through.

I think they should also introduce a strong male figure who can become the backbone of the family. At the moment the whole family is breaking apart in their own mysteries (1 mystery per episode 😆 )

Magnificent.
Fazila~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
They will open up slowly......plus its weekly so it will take time for them to show all the characters properly.......
Mitesh.P thumbnail

Originally posted by: Fazila~

They will open up slowly......plus its weekly so it will take time for them to show all the characters properly.......

I guess that is true to a certain extent. I used to watch a weekly made by Aroona Irani named Vaidehi, and I must say that 1 episode had enough to satisfy you for the rest of the week. There were no problems what-so-ever with screen time.

In order to make a successful show, time must be utilised well. In Vaidehi I knew the characters so well, and they were showed to have a "deeper" character which sometimes this show lacks. However, this is a brilliant show nevertheless.

Fazila~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: magnificent me

I guess that is true to a certain extent. I used to watch a weekly made by Aroona Irani named Vaidehi, and I must say that 1 episode had enough to satisfy you for the rest of the week. There were no problems what-so-ever with screen time.

In order to make a successful show, time must be utilised well. In Vaidehi I knew the characters so well, and they were showed to have a "deeper" character which sometimes this show lacks. However, this is a brilliant show nevertheless.

u said it, better than saas bahu like my other fav weekly serial Aek chabi hai padoos main......that is also awesome , n although it comes once a week, it satisfys me n keeps me smiling for the whole week......😃..u can see them in my avis 😆😉
Mitesh.P thumbnail

u said it, better than saas bahu like my other fav weekly serial Aek chabi hai padoos main......that is also awesome , n although it comes once a week, it satisfys me n keeps me smiling for the whole week......😃..u can see them in my avis 😆😉

That is the problem with the RKBians. They can't get enough of Shekar/Adi and sometimes the episodes don't have enough of them. I ain't that bothered..😆