vimlend123 thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Amey Date -- What can I say....let me assure all of you that he is really beyond this competition..and that his ouster will only happen due to the voting system.

My name is Vimlendu and I'm a student at Ajivasan. Amey teaches at the same institute and myself, Rahul Vaidya were all his students.

Even during his indian idol days, the only competition he had was from Karunya even though Karunya has less variations. I'm a singer my self and I say all this as I'm aware of all small nuances.

I've seen Amey right from Sa Re Ga Ma Pa days when Sonu bhaiyya used to host it.

He was mind blowing then and he continues to be the same even today.

For late comers, if you've followed SRGMP, you would remember that Shekhar of Vishal-Shekhar and Amey were competing for the same title.

While Amey went on to win the title, Shekhar was not even close to him.
He was not even in the last 8. No offence to Shekhar. He is good. But I just wanted everyone to know where Amey is coming from.

With him in this show, I'm not sure if I should be happy or not cuz he will now be judged by Shekhar which will be kind of auckward for Shekhar as well and I'm sure shekhar realises that.

FYI..Amey is in the same league as Mhmd. Vakil, Sanjeev, Vipul of old SRGP days. I just hope that people realize that they really have a star in the show now. Potentially, as a singer, he is unbeatable and the same has been conferred on him by eminent judges like Pt. Jasraj, Pt. Hariprasad Chaurasia, Pt. Shiv Shankar sharma, Lata Manageshkar to say the least.

I don't want to offend any one. Its just that I've seen Amey and Sureshji doing riyaz together and I know where he is in terms of talent.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

w4always thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
wow.. tats going to be soooo weird for shekhar.. n i hope amey wins this time..
srkool thumbnail
hey Vimlendu,.....thanks for sharing such an important things about Amey personally i also think that Amey is way beyond any compitition....he was the best in indian idol.....too and i have prayed and waitted for him all these years...and i cant tell u hw happy i m tht he is back...and i m sure ppl will see wht is Amey Date about in this show////and he shud be winning this show....but even if he doesnt tht dnt make any difference in wht he is...i just always pray to god tht he gets to the hights where he belongs. Edited by srkool - 15 years ago
DizzyBanana21x thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
R U KIDDING!!! SANDEEP AND ANUJ ARE WAAYYY BETTER πŸ˜† (If u couldn't tell i'm being sarcastic) 😊
msti thumbnail

Originally posted by: lamar odom

Common Toshi's fan , here someone sayign that Amey is so good that he is beyond competetion. NOw toshi's fan should react that no Toshi is the best. Go Toshi's fan and go tell everybody no one cant beat Toshi. Coz he is the greatest. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

Seriously, you should stop stereotyping and then say something in the like for anyone else.

As for me, a Toshi fan, This post has risen my curiosity. Have heard a lot about this person but am unfortunate to never have heard him; will finally get a chance tomorrowπŸ˜ƒ Can't wait; I'm sure he deserves all the respect given to him.

BTW, have you ever met any famous person who's fan-following, even a minor part of it, doesn't enthusiase that he/she is the best?πŸ˜›

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Amey Date is fantastic trained singer. Only two who were good singers in II 2 were Karunya and Amey.

I have followed Amey in SRGM old one when Sonu was hosting.

Thanks Vimland123 for your post. Appreciate it.
Edited by Dabulls23 - 15 years ago
kuhu.kuhu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
wowww Vimlendu ...I am sooo happy to read ur post ....we( Amey fans) always believed in Amey but ur post established the fact why Amey is beyond this competetion πŸ‘ ......
Uparse , he is such a nice gentleman and soo humble just like his guruji Suresh wadhkar saab ...unfortunately in this cut throat world that quality doesn't help...    

Will be keeping a close tab on Shekhar's marking for Amey πŸ˜‰

Thanks a lot for that wonderful summary on Amey ....
Who-I-Used-2-Be thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Thanks for sharing all this information on the awesome Amey, Vimlendu..It has always been absolute pleasure hearing him sing..And yes, I agree, in II 2 the real competition was only between Amey and Karunya and they're both amazingly talented. Looking forward to all that is Amey Date on JJWS..

Originally posted by: lamar odom

Common Toshi's fan , here someone sayign that Amey is so good that he is beyond competetion. NOw toshi's fan should react that no Toshi is the best. Go Toshi's fan and go tell everybody no one cant beat Toshi. Coz he is the greatest. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

I am a Toshi fan , and I don't just spend my days, nights, evenings and mornings by deriving pleasure out of comparing him with others and concluding on my own that he's better than the rest of the world…I like Toshi but I don't sing his praises unnecessarily, and there are other favorites too..And how in the world did Toshi's name land here? I thought the topic was about Amey..No? πŸ˜• And look who's bringing Toshi in this conversation…

Edited by simplyvivacious - 15 years ago
F@tima thumbnail
Ameyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 😳 ..he is de best πŸ˜ƒ
mango-frost thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
thank u for sharing....ive been an ardent fan of amey and supported him thru-out ii2 days...however i cudnt be of much help, sitting in here canada..

we all noe amey is wayyyy beyond this competition, or any competition, his talent reaches the sky, however luck plays a huge part here...he's not been lucky with the voting system at all...ii2 was a disaster after his elimination...i dont see amey winning superstars either, but only becuz of voting....if it was only talent, he deserves the top spot anyday..

i knew most of the things u rote...however i wasnt aware that amey and shekher both took part in srgmp 2gether, and shekhar was left behind....thas WOWW..im a huge shekhar fan as well...this just makes me more proud of amey 😳 😳 😳

btw im megha...nice to meet u 😳