CC Times Amazing Race Edition - Winners!!

Naughty_n_nice thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Well well well...

You've waited long enough (Yes teams, please don't throw shoes, audis or camels at me :p ) ... And it's time for the results... A recap of who our Final 6 Teams in the race were...

* Bhaskar and pallavi   
* Priya and queenkumar
* Anisha and Shruti       
* Tammy and Jot         
* Rabia and Madiha     
* Saara and Henna      

A very big congrats to all those in the final 6, you guys made our life hell! πŸ€— (Ya that's a good thing ;] )

Alright... the results....

The winners of this "Amazing Race"... are....

Not 2 people, but 4!!! A tie for first place, our winning teams are::
Bhaskar and Pallavi, and Priya and queenkumar!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘

Bhaskar and Priya, the CCs have decided that you guys were MADE to race! Nothing stopped you people, and you did an AMAZING job!!!

Congratulations, here is your winning signature:

And the runner up team, which did a FABULOUS job making us laugh all the way long, and doing SO well, after a wild card entry... is...

Saara and Henna!!! Aka Henna Donny jodi πŸ˜†

And... We have some special "prizes" we'd like to give to our other teams who were in the Final 6...

For the team who always did silent, quick work, and did an excellent, and always complete job :: Rabia and Madiha [SuhanaSafar and Dark Love]

The next prize is for the team that had THE biggest spamming chatter in the world! Who chatted more, worked less, and STILL always finished so fast!!!
Anisha and Shruti!!!

And the final prize is for the team who had THE naughtiest, chattiest, craziest duo... The very nutty and cute == Tammy and Jot!!!

Thank you guys, for all the great fun we've had, the past 40 odd days!!!
We gave you tasks as tough as we could, and we enjoyed ourselves laughing at all your reactions, jokes and questions πŸ˜† Thank you for making this just SO much fun for us, we enjoyed it through and through!!!

Anddddd, lemme take this chance to thank the AR team at CC :p Ammu, Pri, Gurprit πŸ€— for the awesome clues =D and a special thanks to Adi for helping out with the final timings =P (If you think you should have won, you know now who to catch =D )

Also, thanks to Snigdha for the amazing sigs!!! πŸ€—
Hope you guys enjoy the CC Times Amazing Race edition !!!

Signing off,

Edited by Naughty_n_nice - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Naughty_n_nice thumbnail

A race till the end!!! Some glipses of what the participants of the Race thought of it!

Cool_Pooja and NadiaIqbal:
Well here are we two of the contestants of the CC Race Contest and trust me i do feel it is a race.. We find the tasks (Even through the clues confuse us to no end), bug the Crazy Creatives, and finally complete our task and send id in and woah we find we another clue to find the new task!πŸ˜† We have went through many forums which we never visit otherwise and actually found things of intrest and felt like being a part of that forum too.. But let me tell u the crazy race is well crazy!!πŸ˜†

Sanya and Sabrina
It was an amazing experience and we had a bunch of fun doing it. Even though some tasks were hard, we finally got 'em! :) The CC's planned this out well, it was very nicely done. They really made it a wonderful yet challenging experience for us. We really hope there's more stuff like this!

Nidhi2013 n amail1601
Though we could not answer the clues correctly in time, we still had a lot of fun participating in the race.....It gave us an opportunity to see whether we can work as a team under pressure or not, n we saw that we can!

Priya.Nair n queenkumar
My involvement in the race all came about by chance. One cold spring morning I was sick and feeling down and so decided to log on to IF . That's when I saw the Amazing race GA and decided why not give this a shot as the amazing race reality show is one of favorite shows on TV. Managed to get the first person who pinged me with a issue and viola we became one of the 8 teams to qualify.

When we started the race, we did not know what to expect. The clues were all so different and unique and had me going to sections that we had never ventured before. Everything was fresh and exciting and at times pretty frustrating too. During those frustrating times we would always get a laugh on the GA thread with VaVaroom whose comments were to drive people away but instead she got us all coming there asking for more. When you're in the race all you can think is of completing the clue in hand. Sometimes I never really knew what the clue meant and had to knock on the CC's doors hoping to make sense. The clues were very clever and had the answer starting in your face but it was so easy to overlook it.

The CC really has done a wonderful job in creating these clues as 2 clues had anything in common. Our thinking hats and our tapping on friends to help was the key to answering the clues. What I liked best was that the clues even involved creativity of the teams. Thanks to them I was able to explore the creative writing arena that I would have maybe never got a chance to do. Kudos to each and every involved CC for creating such a one of a kind contest and hope to see more in the future.

-Pinky- and ~Anji~
being part of the amazing race was a lot of fun... this race was just like the show "amazing race".. i just wish it wasn't so hard πŸ˜† but it was good fun!! the feeling u get after u find the task n the answer is like nothing else lol..

Bhaskar.T and pallavi
It was literally a "RACE" for me!! I ran against time, mountain high workloads, deadliest deadlines and horrid timezone hurdles!! Biggest funny situation was - my partner and I, we had a "Relay" race of sorts as we were never running together but one after the other thanks to the time differences of our time zones! Infact I had opted out after the first round due to this lack of time, but the tsunami of red faces that I received in my inbox from few, God help me! My partner's "PLEASE" finally did it in and we were back on track again.

Now for the experience - it was total madness, total "Bhool Bhulaiya" the clues sounded so alien and complicated, even rocket science seemed easy! For some of the clues we simply went on hunches and bumped into the correct answers! My recent interest in the DMG lead actress saved us for one clue and we got the answer for that one almost instantly. The Asian section clue was the toughest and the most outrageous one! Had it not been for Google uncle and a stroke of luck, I would still be going around in circles trying to find the answer. The times I wanted to shake some of  the clue-makers' head in frustration and one laugh riot that I had courtesy of some real life scenario then, I will always remember. We totally enjoyed this whole RACE. It will surely qualify as one memorable and crazy experience for me here at IF.

Saara COMB and Henna
We felt that the concept is great. Totally different to other contests the CC's have hosted. However we think there are some small details that need fine tuning, such as double checking the clues are correct and exact - no last minute changes.

Suggestion: As it's a race there should be a start line. Perhaps the CC's should let participants know the exact time the race will start in IST so that we can convert the time difference beforehand - just for fairness. Lastly, if Sexy Sam declares us the winners of the RACE too, that'd be an icing on the cake for us.

[Note from Sam :: Even if you guys win, i won't answer if you call me sexy sam πŸ˜†]

An Outsider View
CC Times Reporter: Adi (advil)

The game was a super duper hit with the members especially the participating teams and they seemed to be fully in action, atleast thats what the last 2 GA's showed.They were totally into the game . Infact some of them got so carried away that they ended up spamming like crazy..and the funny part was-all these spammers were actually Dev Team members!πŸ˜†

I do remember  receiving  links to short stories ! I followed the links and reached stories.Actually first time I set foot in that section..In fact at that time I was wondering why suddenly all were becoming so creative and writing short stories. πŸ˜† Later figured out that it was a task too.

Must say the game generated a great response .The organisers did a fabulous job and the participants put in their very best....hats off !

Edited by Bhaskar.T - 15 years ago
ammmu thumbnail

Behind the scenes, the race to fulfil!
CC Times reporter: Sam (Naughty_n_nice)

Well we all know how the contestants found the contest - tough, easy, boring, interesting, cool, mean, cruel, etc... But what about the CCs who put it up? Special Agent that I am, here's how it all fell into place, the month it lasted!

Well the idea sparked off as always in our April month's idea bank, with suggestions and ideas from all, and we got to work... The elimination round was a breezer to organise. In all senses, the only thing we had to do was count scores! THEN the racing within the team began! We needed clues from different sections, so while I got evil with General, GD and Asian, Ammu, Pri and Gurprit got to work on the Telly serials. Fine so far, taking all sorts of safety measures (like making sure the clues were actually screenshots so they couldn't be searched, making sure we contacted ppl not to give away the answers, etc...) we started the race. Kaboom, our racers finished it one day flat. YEAH Bhaskar and pallavi really made us feel that our clues could be hooked up a notch. But then we got some small satisfaction in the fact that at least the others didn't find it too easy.

[Small side note from CC Reporter Ammu - Might I also add that quite a few of these teams acted quite smart with us... after sending out about a hundred "URGENT" PMs, which really meant they needed HELP for their clues, they instead gave us gaalis for not giving them the actual answers. I know, I know... these Teams are aggressive, aren't they?? And once they figure out the answers (after ages, mind you), they go and tell us how 'easy' the clues were for them... pshhhh, yah right!πŸ˜›

*before I myself get some gaalis from the Team Members, this is CC Reporter Ammu, signing off*]

Well yeah, round one done... But people were asking for a wildcard round... Oh, CCs had a wildcard round ready of course. NOT. Hurry hurry, set something up, and get them in! Phew, done. Now we got into the 3rd round. Oh. my. god. People changed their sigs, so clues changed, some clue got messed up. And dude, come on, we had to handle around 50 PMs each round in the CC id... It was chaos. Alright, we lived, i'm just exaggerating.

But the teams, ahh they were too cool. They chatted some 50 odd pages away, and put on sigs to show they were in the race. Wow, really good job guys! So time passed, the round was done. The finals had to come together. Ohhh no πŸ˜† Extra safety measures were needed now of course, coz the good and fast ones no longer could shine unless every second was considered! So timings were set to calculated. No time lagging by PMing CCs (Oh thank thank thank god for that), and OF COURSE the clues had to be tougher... So we took a trip to the Asian land again, the section all the teams hate by now, the Asian Shows... And, well it all ended well with our teams writing an update on a 40 minute episode of a Taiwanese drama, like coolbies. Cool huh? Indeed.

Alright, enough of backstage... What went on onstage? The story, you'll have to ask the teams, but the product? Ah, that's a different story... Enjoy having a look at some of the sigs and stories the teams put together, hope you enjoy this edition of CC Times!

Signatures made by the teams (Or others) during Round 3!

[The famous audi with no gas :p ]

[And the very famous camels who "ran" the race]

The one-shot stories that the teams wrote at the end of Round 3:  Please do read, they're absolutely fabulous!

Bhaskar.T and Pallavi25

Saara COMB and Henna042

*Shruti* and *Vavavoom14*

SuhanaSafar and Dark Love

Priya.Nair and queenkumar

~Saraa~ and x-MiNaLi-x

Edited by Naughty_n_nice - 15 years ago
illuminated. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
FANTASTIC!! πŸ‘ Congrats BB and Pallavi and Priya Di and Sangeeta Di πŸ‘

Congrats everyone else! πŸ‘

This Race was AMAZING and should happen more frequently 😊 πŸ˜ƒ

I will defenitely miss all the Chatting and Sam getting evil!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
-aditi- thumbnail

wowaaa congratulations every1...bhaskar bhaiya,pallavi di,priya,sang di and allllllllllll....bhadai ho sabkoπŸ€—

Sara_DONT_ASK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Naughty_n_nice

And the runner up team, which did a FABULOUS job making us laugh all the way long, and doing SO well, after a wild card entry... is...

Saara and Henna!!! Aka Henna Donny jodi πŸ˜†

One position down....😲...πŸ˜†...No worries...this is also enough...πŸ˜ƒ

We are laughter powerhouse..πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜†...anything for you sexy sam...😊

Wild card entry proved to be wild racers...right???πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Ž

I'd like to thank my partner...first of all for being my partner...πŸ˜†..and secondly playing...with me and coping up.😳

Zor se bolo....."HD Zindabaad"....😎

PS. Congratulations to the winners....πŸ€—πŸ€—....Daddy won means Beta won...πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜Š
Naughty_n_nice thumbnail

πŸ€— Donnnnuuuuuuuuuuuuu (Let's see what Henna has to say to that πŸ˜† πŸ˜† )

Congrats!!!!!! ☺️ Now i can never hope that you'll stop calling me sexy sam right?? ☺️ And what's the 😊 (fake-i'm-a-loser-but-i-choose-to-smile) emoticon??? 😑
advil thumbnail

Congrats to all the winners and the runner up.... πŸ‘

....so did you guys have a great time....πŸ˜† ?

Howlarious thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS we forgot to send our entry 🀑

Never mind, this race was FUNNNNNNNN...Priya tryna pull my leg throughout 😳 I gota say a few things..LMAO me and Shruti forgot to send our paragraph thing in πŸ˜†πŸ€“....forgive us for that, you would have laughed anyway πŸ˜›πŸ˜† And Priya, I am very happy to know that you guys laughed in that GA πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜† Main thing was that I had fun and everyone else had fun too πŸ˜ƒ

4th place ain't bad man, who cares..at least we took part and had fun 😳

And oye Sam I blame you the most for most us of pulling our hair out because of these cluessssssssssπŸ˜‘πŸ€‘πŸ˜† gandheri bhens 😑 and now you wait 😊😊😊 *slap* 😊😊 

Tammy...LMAO We was right πŸ˜† And you know what I am talking about πŸ˜ƒ And oye you and Jot didn;t send your paragraph in either πŸ€” haww what happened πŸ˜†

Anyway well done to everyone who took part, spammed a little *ebil lookie* and laughed ALOT πŸ˜›πŸ˜ƒ 

And well done to the winners πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜› The camels came out and showed their true colours πŸ˜†

Edited by *VaVaVoom14* - 15 years ago
Sara_DONT_ASK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Naughty_n_nice

πŸ€— Donnnnuuuuuuuuuuuuu (Let's see what Henna has to say to that πŸ˜† πŸ˜†)
Congrats!!!!!! ☺️ Now i can never hope that you'll stop calling me sexy sam right?? ☺️ And what's the 😊 (fake-i'm-a-loser-but-i-choose-to-smile) emoticon??? 😑

Not good Sexy Sam.......you trying to chori Henna's rights???...πŸ˜‘πŸ˜†

Thanks for the congoes...☺️...Along with being sexy you are smart Sam too...πŸ˜†...ofcoz NOW i wont stop..."😊"

What a purfect description of this [😊] emotion...🀣
Edited by Saara COMB - 15 years ago