How did you pick your IF ID?

Opti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 15 years ago

Many of us have IDs here at IF which are in no way related to our names.  I thought we can share as to how we picked a particular ID.  I'll start with myself. 

I called myself 'optimist' (although in real life I am more of a pessimist than an optimist) because at the time I decided to join IF, I was watching Kasam Se which by the way was my first BT soap (I would say first Hindi soap).  I started to watch the show only from September 2006 when the show was already nearly 9 months old. Since I wanted to know the story, I googled and ended up in IF.  After being a silent reader till October I decided to jump into the bandwagon when the anguish over the then track was at its peak following the ONS between Jai and Pia.  So I decided to call myself 'optimist' hoping against hope that the ONS was not real but fake. I stuck to the show for three months but the show just went from bad to worse and my optimism did not pay.  It is only later I came to know that one cant really expect much from a BT show. I then quit watching the show regularly in January 2007, only to catch an occasional episode or update now and then.

Here I am addicted to another BT show and it appears that I have not learnt my lesson considering I am still around.  The only saving grace is that they have not yet shown cross marriages, divorces and ONSes in the show so far. If they do I guess I may have to leave this show too.

So share your reasons for picking your IF ID. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gawker thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
optimist, if you want an apt id, i think your's should be 'interesting posts'!!!

i chose gawker because for a long time, i'd only read the forum, never write. gawk at the show (i was addicted to KAA), basically gawk at the forum = gawker i was.

kayamath however, made me loose my gawkiness and forced me to write. i notice its made you less optimisitic too πŸ˜‰ Edited by gawker - 15 years ago
wande thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I don't knowπŸ˜†I really can't remember anymore but I think that I just pick something that came to mine mind at that timeπŸ˜†
sun29 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

my friends call me sun instead of sajani and i have no idea what made me add my age also.....

opti me too joined the forum when that pathetic ONS happened see the infamous date....i needed to shout vent out my anger and forum was the outlet.....i also gave up the show around the first leap ,never though it wld be soo easy to get over jai bani but i guess ONS ,a pregnant pia and the rest simply did it...waited very long hoping that the ONS will be fake
Opti thumbnail
Gawker, that is an interesting reason. I think yours should be 'perceptive one' for I have noticed that you always pick on the things which would have been missed out by many!

As to losing my optimism, that I did a long time ago after watching KS sink and sink. I am sticking around to KYM only for Michi and the fact that their love has not yet been corrupted by OCD (ONS, cross marriage, divorce). If they go down that path I dont think I will have the energy or the enthusiasm to sit up to 11.00 p.m. night after night to watch further degradation.

Fatima, come on rack your brains and come up with a good reason. I have always wondered about your ID. Now what does 'wande' mean?    
pippa thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Oddly enough I'd wanted to open this topic long ago but thought ppl wouldn't be fortcomimg with explanations.

Mine is the short form of Phillipa, the lead character of the best historical saga ever written by a scottish author, Dorothy Dunnett.

This series, based on the game of chess...each of the 6 titles is based on the game, is set in 16 cent Europe with Turkey taking up one whole book. These books changed the way I think and write today.

I joined the forum like you, opti, to read stuff on KS but got out of it and joined KAA and now KYM.
fahimataq thumbnail
wow i never reli thought too much bout my id its just my name Fahima and taq is my second name in initials. tabassum ahmed qureshi.

u guys r more interesting wid ur ids! πŸ˜›
fahimataq thumbnail
gawker i luv tht id name! optimist should hav actually being made intersting posts cos ur posts r always good to read! πŸ˜› 😊
Opti thumbnail
Sajani, that is a smart move to add your age to your ID. Now you are ageless, irrespective of how long you are in IF! Yeah, noticed that fateful October 3rd against your date of joining. Good to know there were more hopefuls like me who thought that the ONS was a fake one. They really broke our hearts did'nt they by saying it was'nt? They finally put it down to 'rape' as though that would soften the blow!!! How much more ridiculous can that get?
KaneBC thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I was a silent reader on the KS forum. Gawd, how many of us are migratory birds from there ? πŸ˜• But one day at the height of the AD fiasco, I just had to make a post and had a short amount of time to do so before going for a meeting. So, I quickly signed up and got stuck for a name. For some wierd reason I got stuck on fruit names like Blueberry & Strawberry & Raspberry, πŸ˜† all of which were taken. Finally ended up with blackcurrant which with hindsight, I'm don't really like but I absolutely love BC. Really feels like I'm part of this forum to have an abbreviated user ID. πŸ˜›