Being labeled Anorexic or Fat...

manny. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

First of all, im preety new in this section and second i dont know if this topic is discussion worthy or not but we will see πŸ˜ƒ...

So yesterday, I was out with a few friends and one of them are naturally skinny (she can eat as much as she wants but never gains any weight)... then someone started "complementing" her by calling her an anorexic (which she is not by the way)... and instead of being like "why did u call me that", she was flattered instead...

now imagine someone coming up to you and calling you fat, would you feel good? well most people woudn't...

so why is being called anorexic a good thing for many people in our society but being called fat is a whole different story? I know that "thin is in" but anorexic is wayyy different than being thin... if you are anorexic, you have some  health and emotional  problems just like you do if you are overweight

I personally would rather be called fat than anorexic... Infact I think being called an anorexic (esp if you are not even one) is a way bigger insult than being labelled "fat"

would you guys say that both terms are equivlent or one is worse than the other and why?

Edited by manny. - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Interesting topic and I've noticed it too. Girls are usually flattered when called anorexic because I don't think people really understand anorexia. They think it's just about being skinny -- but like you said, it's not. Anorexic people have emotional people just like fat. I think they are equivalent and calling someone either is wrong. I'd be offended with either. It's because of all these celebrities and all of them losing a bunch of weight for their movies or just because "being thin is in."
Anuradha thumbnail
Im obese but ya wen someone passes any comment over me, I dont much mind it.. I just leave it saying let them talk.. People hv a wrong consumption that one is obese because of their eating habits.. Same goes for those who are slim.. But its all abt ur hormones..

Yes girls do feel flattered when someone comments that they are slim.. They can do anything for this comment.. I dont understand why one has to go in for looks.. Even if one is obese, they need to stay healthy and keep doing their work.. Look at Saroj Khan, she is obese, but she is the best choreographer we hv today.. πŸ˜ƒ

So, people must stop commenting on the looks of any of the girls/boys.. I dont understand why comments are not passed over guys.. None say he is obese or comment on boys looks except for if the guy has good physique   πŸ˜•
Sara_DONT_ASK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Ki farak painda hai... πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

If dey say u are fat....say haan khaate peete ghar se hoon🀣

If dey say u are skinny binny say....diet conscious...*battling eyes*... πŸ˜‰

It doesnt really matter...wht anyone else calls u...ab jo hai woh toh hai hi cant change..!!! πŸ˜›
ana1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
it hurts alot either way..in schools its worse beaucse most ppl to tlka to each other according to looks and actually describe girsl as "ohh that fat one" its so mean
Anuradha thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: ana1

it hurts alot either way..in schools its worse beaucse most ppl to tlka to each other according to looks and actually describe girsl as "ohh that fat one" its so mean

It actually does not hurt if one does not bother about the comments passed by other people...

Like Saara said, just gv back a tight slap, then no one can dare to near you.. πŸ˜†
Well said, you simply should not care what other peole have to say.
ana1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Anuradha

It actually does not hurt if one does not bother about the comments passed by other people...

Like Saara said, just gv back a tight slap, then no one can dare to near you.. πŸ˜†

i know but alot ppl escpially girls are self concious..a girl in my HS was over weight everytime she would walk by ppl would yell earthquake crap like that and its not always easy to turn the other way pretending it does not bother you.

Sara_DONT_ASK thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ana1

i know but alot ppl escpially girls are self concious..a girl in my HS was over weight everytime she would walk by ppl would yell earthquake crap like that and its not always easy to turn the other way pretending it does not bother you.

Yes its not easy but if done once or twice with some courage...then next time dey wont dare repeat it...as its their own insult...when u dont react to it..!!!
ana1 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Saara COMB

Yes its not easy but if done once or twice with some courage...then next time dey wont dare repeat it...as its their own insult...when u dont react to it..!!!

thats true 😊