sanober. thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 16 years ago
 want to do Hindi films'
Sudipto Shome  Posted online: Friday , April 25, 2008 at 1513 hrs
Avg. Rating:0
National Award winning actor Indrani Halder, a leading name in Bengali film industry, plays the title role in BR Films' latest soap Sujata
Kolkata to Mumbai—tell us about the journey.
The first reason is Ravi Chopra (the producer of Sujata). Only because it was someone like him who called me that I didn't ask questions. The last time he called, it was for Maa Shakti, six years ago. Then there is a channel like Sony, which is telecasting the show. And finally there's the character like Sujata's, which is multi-dimensional. You are known as a sensible actor of Bengali cinema. Didn't you ever feel that your coming to Mumbai would be distancing you from Bengali film industry?
I was a bit sad while leaving Kolkata but frankly I don't want to continue with television in Kolkata. I want to restrict myself to films there. My reason of coming here was simple: I was mostly doing Bengali television and I wanted to do TV nationally. In fact, I was carefully choosing my Bengali films. As far as soaps are concerned I have already reduced my work. Currently I'm acting only in two of which I would stop doing one the day it reaches 2,000 episodes. And if I get more offers here, I will stop working in TV in Kolkata. So you are open to offers from other production houses?
Currently I'm not thinking of any other serial except Sujata. And as far as TV is concerned I am not very keen on acting outside BR Films now. First let Sujata make its mark. Then only would I think of other soaps if at all I would. What about Hindi films?
If I get good offers here I would definitely act in films. In fact, I want to do Hindi films. Why do you think you were chosen for the role?
They were looking for a perfect Indian beauty, somebody with Indian looks, as Sujata represents Indian women. You mean to say that they didn't get anybody in Mumbai with those looks?
I don't know that but I've heard that they have tried different actors. They took me, as they probably wanted a fresh face.

Tell us about your character in brief.
It's the story of a girl who has different shades. She is the wife of an industrialist and is also a mother. Her family members dominate her. Everybody takes her for granted. The soap speaks volumes on the frustrations and problems of Indian women post their 40s.

http://www.screenindia.com/news/I-want-to-do-Hindi-films/301 097/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

balhfan123 thumbnail
nice article..thanks for sharing

shijhu thumbnail
thnx for da article
but i personally feel as i saw so amny soaps of her in ebngali she rocks there but in bollywood am bit doubtful
tumhari? thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
would be nice as she is a great actress thnx