‘I am not anti-social’ - Harsh Chhaya

Shariefah thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
'I am not anti-social'

Actor Harsh Chaya refutes allegations that he is arrogant, high-handed and doing only serious roles

On his equation with  Ajay Sinha…
He's been a major influence. He's professional enough to offer me work that's worth my while and I have the liberty to refuse him without he or me feeling bad about it. Also, I am assured that in his shows, I won't be hiding behind the main protagonist which is the norm of today's shows.

On being called 'difficult'
I have no whims like many other actors — neither do I come late on the sets or sleep on the sets. I don't demand a separate make-up room or four glasses of juice every day. If I am completely committed to the shows then I definitely need to have my costumes in place and need to have the story and scene in place. I don't pretend to be the guy who has no problems with the unit or one who 'everyone likes'. There are troubles on the sets but at the end of the day we have to work with each other. I don't take things lying down because we are all here to work. If this attitude is termed as difficult, than it's the person's problem, not mine.

On being 'unsocial'...
I am living in society and need human relations like everyone else. I do have my good times — a joke, a pranks with people whom I gell well. There are some with whom I share an excellent rapport like Sohail Tatari,
Sanjay Upadhyay etc. It's a misconception that I am anti-social. If I was, I would be living in the Himalayas…

On only doing serious roles...
Well, I have done comedy too —Sabse Bada Rupaiya (on Sab TV). Yes, the unit and the channel too was surprised when I was roped in for the show but the maker Rajan Waghdare was confident of me. But yes, I admit that it's my serious roles like Hasratein, Astitva and now Ghar Ek Sapna have become popular. I do get offers for comedy but haven't come across a single well-written comedy. I am simply not in doing bekaar work.

On dong more films…
I was doing lots of films earlier but then I guessed that it wasn't taking me anywhere. I didn't want to be a glorified extra. So I took a break from films for the past two years. But now after Laaga Chunri Mein Daag and Mithya, I have got some good films — Madhur Bhandarkar's Fashion and Bal Ganesh 2.

www.dnaindia.com (DNA Afterhours section)

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Jwalamukhi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 16 years ago
Hehe, heard alot about him..and looking forward for his new movies