Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kadhambari thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

This thread is purely to share our travel experience here with our friends.it can be a pleasant travel  experience or unpleasant one,share it here.we can have an idea about those places & can know more & more if many people share their views about those places which we've visited.

Edited by kadhambari - 16 years ago
kadhambari thumbnail

I'll start with my Switzerland experience with u all.

We stayed in our friend's place in Appenzellerland(it is actually a very small town) near St.Gallen(1 hour from Zurich by train,Bhan in german).

We went there in June,last year.It was quite hot but far better than HK's hot weather.

We visited Zurich,Lausanne,Geneva,Luzern,Mt.Titlis(mainly ppl visit here,one of the place where u can find snow throught the year),Interlaken.All the above places are connected by Bhan & we started early morning from Appenzell & back by night.Very convenient mode of transport system throughout switzerland & tourists friendly. Cable car everywhere to have Alps mountain view & for sporting.

Zurich&Geneva night view & city view is gud,can do boating,experience tram ride .u can have a gud cruise experience from Lausanne to Geneva,its worth an experience.Mt.Titlis,u can have some ice skating experience(ice'la sarukkiyum vilayadalaam).Interlaken is a place where the city is in betwwen two lakes & another wonderful view.

We took Glacier Express train in summer(no point in taking this in summer 😳 ) & went to Zermat.This place is famous for skying & the famous Matterhorn is located here(picture of matterhorn given)

We had a gr8 time & hope to visit swiz again & again,i won't get tired of it.But my hubby will surely me.

Finally my favourite chocolates, try 'Budget Brand' in Migros & Coop.Cheese & also other milk products are worth to buy here.

Edited by kadhambari - 16 years ago
jenim thumbnail
Thanks for the info and for starting this thread, Kadhambari.

I have 2 trips coming up this year and one of them, a business trip to Paris (hopefully). I was anyway planning to ask if any one has info on what places to visit there and generally tips like you've put up in your post, about your trip.

Anyone out there - any firsthand trip info on Paris and may be UK as well?

kadhambari thumbnail
Thanx Jenim.I've also been 2 Paris,but it was a very short trip & that too in summer(around june-july).i didn't enjoy that trip.

The reason i didn't enjoy b'coz i completed my swiz trip & landed up in Paris,which was crowded & hot weather made me dull.

Eifel Tower will be crowded 365 days.open top buses are so convenient 4 tourists & there are few intersting museums in Paris.There are some 1 day or 1/2 a day trips available,taking u 2 outskirts of Paris,which i heard is quite interesting.

Night Life was too gud & u can go 4 the Lido show(they show our Vinayagar as Elephant God in their show,which was really irritating 4 me)they perform in half naked clothes.

Actually those who had a gud experience & know much better than me about Paris can suggest. Edited by kadhambari - 16 years ago
jenim thumbnail
Thanks Kadhambari.. will wait and see if I get some more info on Paris. 😊

We went to Austria and Germany many years ago. So, I'm trying hard to recollect. One thing I remember is, we shopped at the original Swarovski - It was many floors of dazzling S crystals in natural setting. I think if any one goes to Austria, this is something that they shouldn't miss.

We stayed in a village at the foot of the Alps, just like you did. OMG.. wasn't it beautiful! Even in Summer, the mountains were snow clad and they had skiing activities going on. Let me see if I can get any more info. The village/town names are so long and tongue-twisty.

One thing I remember very well is that - all the women folk of the village wore really long skirts and I felt totally out of place wherever I went in my mini skirts. (well.. I was kind a young then) 😆

kadhambari thumbnail
Thanx Jenim.I also heard a lot about original Swarovski.thanx 4 sharing with us dear.

Karthikka thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I have been to Greece, Sri Lanka, Australia (twice), Iran, Holland, Germany, France. I lived in UK for 14 years.

I hated France. I went there in spring - the weather was cold and I fell ill - my cousins had their little boy with them and so they insisted going to Macdonald's. I was so disgusted. I came to France for its culinary delights, not to eat that trash. I found the French unfriendly and unhelpful and I was really miserable.

My best trip was to Oz though. I will write about it another time.
kadhambari thumbnail
thanx karthi.share u'r rest of u're experience too if time permits.
Karthikka thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Of all the places I have visited (I am not including UK here as I consider that home), Australia is my favourite vacation spot.

I was lucky to attend a conference there; after that I took extra days off work and toured Sydney and Melbourne.

My initial impression: Australia is big. Australia is spacious. Australia is clean. And Australians are friendly. I never had any problems. People always greeted you with a smile and a cheery "Gidday". In fact, their friendliness is so infectious that when I came home, I was going around wishing people Gidday with a smile!

What I liked about Oz is that you could be in the city and 10 mins later you are out in the country, which they euphemistically call "The Bush". It is nothing like the bush you and I think of - it is vast areas of trees and wild plants. Aussies are very conscious and proud of Mother Nature and take good care to ensure that it is not destroyed. I have sat on my friend's verandah overlooking a gorgeous expanse of blue waters called Berowra Waters and seen a glorious kingfisher in iridescent blues and greens skimming over the waters on a fine sunny morning. Meanwhile my friend prepared a breakfast for me made of kiwi fruit and passion fruit, which he plucked from the vines growing in his garden.

Then there's Sydney Harbour, Royal Opera House etc etc.

Given a chance I would be back there like a shot.