Is Shruti the girl from Mitt?

kewljewl thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Hi guys,

If Im not wrong the show Mitt whch was aired quite a long time back was Anurag Basu's show. I don't recall clearly but was Shruti that main character who wore glasses? I don't remember her name. I mean they look alike I just realized that today but I was curious to know if they are the same people.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Eternal1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hey wich channel that show used to come never heard of it....
kewljewl thumbnail

I believe it was on Zee tv, it was pretty old must be some 5-6 yrs old. I dont exactly remember the story of Mitt (meaning 'friend) but it went something like this:

Two separate couples get married (so in total 4 people get married, 2 girls and 2 guys) and niether has seen faces of their partner prior to marriage so it was basically an arranged marriage. Also, these 4 people dont know each other since are from different towns. Following their wedding, all 4 travel in one train. However, prior to seeing the faces of their partner a train accident occurs and girl and a guy of each couple dies. So basically, following the death of their partner (that they have never seen) they unknowingly spend lives with wrong partners and fall in love completely. A twist in the story takes place when after some years they find out that their actual partners are alive. I dont remember much of it but thats the basic concept, it's quite interesting.
It was a Mr. Basu's show. The song 'Dikhta Na Saya' was used in that show also.
I really like his shows, they are no melo-drama of saas-bahu or they are not focused on a life of a female like most other shows are.
Anyway does anyone remembers that show?

Edited by kewljewl - 16 years ago
kewljewl thumbnail

Oh yes to add more to it, Deepa Parab was one of the lead character. That's Sneha from Thodi Khushi Thoda Gham, and Jiya from Reth. I think the other girl was Shruti...but Im cant remember 😒

And the main leads in that show were named

Akash and Shruti, Shankalp and Aastha

Eternal1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hey i don't exactly remember whether it was shruti and name of the show is MEETH
kewljewl thumbnail

Originally posted by: marilyn2007

hey i don't exactly remember whether it was shruti and name of the show is MEETH

Actually I just realized the name is not Mitt and niether it is Meeth, its Miit.

yasmeeneee thumbnail
i havent seen this serial but the way u explain the story... the story look so good Arugragh Basu always came up with new and creative ideas hates off to him
Deepthi10 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
ya and vikas bhalla , the guy in shanno ki shaadi was also there.
but don remember shruti 😭
Arsh_here thumbnail
umm.. actually... i havent seen that show... so i really dont know... if u have pics.. u can add it here.. so that we all can see..!!!
kewljewl thumbnail

Hi ya Vikas Bhalla was in it too! He was replaced by Hiten (from Kutumb) who played Akash. Actually I just found out that the girl is not Shruti but she resembles her alot.

She looks a lot like Shruti but I would say Shruti is much better. 😊 I am quite surprised not many people know of this show. It was aired around the time Gharana went off air and Koi Apna Sa was still running. Infact, it replaced Gharana I think.