Sacked!--Article-Twinlke replaced

anishma24 thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

Sacked!

Twinkle Bajpai aka Laxmi, the lead of Betiyaan is thrown out of the serial, apparently because of her unprofessional behaviour

Kavita Shyam

Gunjan Walia
Reportedly, Twinkle Bajpai aka Laxmi of Ghar Ki Lakshmi - Betiyaan was asked to leave the serial because of her endless tantrums.

Lashing out at her unprofessional attitude Sanghamitra Panigrahi, creative head of the show, said, "Twinkle has been behaving in a very unprofessional manner. She would not give enough time to the show and the shoot was held up. She had a take-it-or-leave-it attitude and her equation with the rest of the co-stars was getting affected. The quality of the show was suffering, also we have suffered financial losses. We had no option but to scout for a replacement. We are scared to experiment with her any longer. Our show is the top priority for us and it is not dependent only on one person."

Spewing venom against the production house and defending herself, Twinkle said, "I have been blamed for not giving enough time to the show and walking out of the sets, but it is untrue. Apart from 14 hours on my scheduled days, I give 8 hours extra on my non-blocked days. In the past six month I have taken only five days off, I've not been able to go to Lucknow, (my hometown) for Holi. I have not been able to appear for my BA final exams. This is a thankless job. I'm neglecting my health and I keep falling sick and hospitalised because of the stress. In spite of me putting in extra hours they blame me for all the delay. I can't take it anymore. It's ok if I'm replaced by someone else."

Gunjan Walia is now replacing Twinkle in the show. Not only has Gunjan been briefed about her character, she also has to watch previous episodes to get the feel of the story and her role.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;sectid=30&contentid=20080328200803280226579835513e3c6

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ava17 thumbnail
No, thats sad. thnx for posting, hopefully Ganjan does a good job. Howver, I wish Twinke best of luck for the best of luck
LoLo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Its sad when anyone loses their job, so its too bad for Ms. Twinkle. I just hope Gunjan can act well. She hardly says anything on Saat Phere. But Twinkle is not that great of an actress either. She's pretty, but she hasn't shown much depth. Plus its obvious that chemistry between her and her Karan co-star is gone. Maybe Gunjan can kick some new life into the Karan/Laxmi jodi. Lets hope so. No one else on this show seems to have any real romance going on. 😭 And the whole Ranbir/Durga thing is so boring. Saraswati doesn't have time for romance or her kid obviously. And Surya seems to be poised to play yo-yo with his two wives again. 😕
gp00 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I mentioned this in another post on this story:

I'm actually very shocked. I did not think they would make such a drastic change. I knew she was expensive for the show, and a bit of a baby cry, and rude. But she DID a GREAT job as Lakshmi. Actually she showed much depth over the last year, and I feel she was getting stronger. As Lakshmi, she's been vulnerable, hard-headed, strong, happy and selfish. She set a high bar for Kunjan. WHAT DID ZEE DO? LOOK AROUND IN THEIR STABLE OF SHOWS TO FIND ANY AVAILABLE ACTRESS. I don't mean to be insulting about something I do not know fully, but this new actress is just not the right one. I hope I am wrong. Even if she acts well, she's a bit of a dud--not particularly pretty or having presence (as in her other shows), even if she plays a girl straight from the gaam.

As much as the production house wants to believe, they are delusional. Yes, it is an ensemble show and the rest of the actors are awesome. However, for the past year, Lakshmi has been a major focus. So when they say that the production house didn't want to risk the quality of the show so they fired her, I am suspicious.

In a nutshell, I'm shocked and shocked. While I hope Gunjan does well, I have serious doubts about the big shoes she's going to have to fill and her jodhi with Karan.
mittijalebi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
all i have to say is that if tulsi from kyunki can be replaced with the show still going on....then who is twinkle? i am sure we will all learn to love and accept the new laxmi. 😊
Thanks for sharing the article.

I don't think the show will be the same as before for the audience. Usually the aidience doesn't likes the main character of the sow to be changed. I really don't know what will happen to the show when she leaves it, although I prefer her not to leave it. 😕

Twinkle is very nice in her acting and role. She is so young and beautiful. Her chemistry with the lead actor and others are so well founded. So why the change? They can sort out their problems without changing her.
michiganfan thumbnail
no offense but gunjan doesnt look that pretty
punjabihypnotic thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: gp00

I mentioned this in another post on this story:

I'm actually very shocked. I did not think they would make such a drastic change. I knew she was expensive for the show, and a bit of a baby cry, and rude. But she DID a GREAT job as Lakshmi. Actually she showed much depth over the last year, and I feel she was getting stronger. As Lakshmi, she's been vulnerable, hard-headed, strong, happy and selfish. She set a high bar for Kunjan. WHAT DID ZEE DO? LOOK AROUND IN THEIR STABLE OF SHOWS TO FIND ANY AVAILABLE ACTRESS. I don't mean to be insulting about something I do not know fully, but this new actress is just not the right one. I hope I am wrong. Even if she acts well, she's a bit of a dud--not particularly pretty or having presence (as in her other shows), even if she plays a girl straight from the gaam.

As much as the production house wants to believe, they are delusional. Yes, it is an ensemble show and the rest of the actors are awesome. However, for the past year, Lakshmi has been a major focus. So when they say that the production house didn't want to risk the quality of the show so they fired her, I am suspicious.

In a nutshell, I'm shocked and shocked. While I hope Gunjan does well, I have serious doubts about the big shoes she's going to have to fill and her jodhi with Karan.

As I've said in another post, I disagree with you. I've been watching Sath Phere for as long as I can remember and I know exactly when Kunjan Walia made her entry into that show and have seen her transformation and I think that she will do a great job as the new Lakshmi.        
punjabihypnotic thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I'm sad that Twinkle will be replaced but at the same time, the Production House needs to learn how to accomodate everyones needs. As Twinkle said that she has been covering shifts on her days off and never got to go back home for Holi or to take her exam - well then that's what the Production House deserves. If you treat your employees good, they will be good to you in return. I don't know who's story is the truth but I have a feeling that she is telling the truth because a production house will never be the first to admit their faults or tell anything that goes against them, they will however be the first ones to badmouth actors/actresses.
I hope they come to terms and Lakshmi stays