ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
Soha reacts to Gun Controversy

Soha Ali Khan has found herself in the middle of an ugly controversy.

Questions are being raised about how the license to her gun was renewed when the said gun was in police custody following her father's involvement in the black buck controversy.

Speaking about the recent media reports, Soha says they are untrue. "The news reports over the past couple of days have been selective and inaccurate on a number of counts," reads a statement released by the actress.

Clarifying the reports being carried, the young actress says "The gun in question was never used by my father to shoot any animal anywhere-this matter is sub judice and it is highly irresponsible on the part of the media to pass verdict when the court's decision is still pending."

"The allegation that I have concealed facts from the authorities is completely untrue. I have never concealed any fact. During the investigation of my father's alleged hunting case only his license was taken I custody by the police and not mine. When renewal fell due the same was applied and I was not a minor at that time. All applications including the initial were done in good faith and according to proper legal procedures," says Khan.

And finally she adds that although the gun is in her name the fact is that it is her father who is the legal retainer. "As to the question of negligence under the Firearms Act- my father is the legal retainer of the gun in question and so I cannot be guilty of negligence. I have always acted in good faith and followed due procedures of the law and will continue to do so. As and when the show cause notice is issued I will respond accordingly," she signs off.