That thin you do!-Dimple Jhangiani(kanya)

Love.Karantacks thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 16 years ago

That thin you do!

Well, Ekta Kapoor's latest goal is to fatten up her Kuch Is Tara heroine, Dimple Jhangiani, who weighs just 35 kilos

Ekta Kapoor with Dimple Jhangiani and Kuch Is Tara cast

Weight can be a big issue at Balaji. Kuch Is Tara's Dimple Jhangiani will vouch for it. Dimple weighs a mere 35 kilos. To fatten her up, Ekta has given standing orders that Dimple be fed gulab-jamuns and junk food between shots! TV viewers do not like skinny actresses, after all.

The whole unit is hard at work to make Dimple put on weight. A unit member says, "Dimple is really thin. We are particularly anxious because skinny actresses do not go down well with TV viewers. They say 'ladki khati peeti ghar ki nahin hai'. Dimple is so underweight that it's quite difficult to make her look plump on screen."

On the sets, it's quite a sight. "Everyone is forever stuffing food in Dimple's mouth. That's not all; her wardrobe has been revised too. She will wear only full-sleeved salwar kameezes to give her arms a fuller look. A designer has been appointed to take care of her costumes and hairstyling. She will also wear a bodysuit underneath her salwar kameezes while shooting," says our source.

Dimple says, "Yes, I am a little thin, and everyone is trying their best so that I don't look so emaciated on screen. Lead actors Akashdeep Saigal and Vishal Singh are quite healthy, so I need to look apt opposite them. In fact, Ekta has instructed everyone to feed me gulab-jamuns every two hours. That's not all; I have been eating a lot of burgers with extra cheese. Earlier, I used to crave for burgers, but after having burgers every day, now I hate the sight of burgers."

When quizzed about her wardrobe, she says, "I have been assigned a particular stylist who is trying hard to make me look fuller on screen. I will be wearing only salwar kameezes. I hope I put on weight so that they do not have to work so hard for me. The best part is that I get a lot of attention on the sets."

Prashant Bhatt, creative head of the show, says, "Puffed-sleeves and blown-up outfits have been created for her. And right now, everybody is forever feeding her on the sets."

Edited by zohamansoor - 16 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

26javey thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Poor Dimple
I think I weight more then her
Love.Karantacks thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: 26javey26

Poor Dimple
I think I weight more then her

lol sameπŸ˜†
jasmine.k97 thumbnail
so wat if shes skinny i mean better than bein fat because its hard to lose wieght wen fat but skinny is ok as long as not anorexic
smilingstar3 thumbnail
35 kilos?? Are you kidding me? Thats totally underweight... πŸ˜• πŸ˜•
jasmine_triv thumbnail
i thought the camera makes u put on weight πŸ˜•
Janna84 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
wow i m dying to drop my weight but cant help it 😑
but not 35 kilos at least up yo 60 kilos 😳
IBserenity thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
wht? this is so wrong...i mean she'll look horrible in body suits cuz they are always so obvious!
vidyac2003 thumbnail
i can give her 10 kilos of my weight. ask if that is ok with her and is she willing to take. because i have been trying hard to get rid if my 10 kilos.
blah07 thumbnail
aww totally understand what shes going through.. im really skinny like her too.. every1 always tells me to gain weight... i eat a lot, but never seem gain weight