Kavita Kaushik enters DKCH and samir quit

bhangra rulez thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Kavita Kaushik to play tomboy on Dil Kya Chahta Hai

Kavita Kaushik, who recently quit Tumhari Disha, has some interesting roles in her kitty. The

New boy on the block: Kavita Kaushik
actress who has already entered the track of Kesar, and is all ready to leave for Hrishikesh to shoot for Sony's Paisa Bhari Padega, has now been inducted on to Star One's Dil Kya Chahta Hai. The show enters its last month of broadcast with the new reality act, Nach baliye going on air in the same slot from October onwards.

Speaking about her new character Kavita says, "Well I'm doing something that's completely opposite my real life personality. On the show I play the part of Nira, Nitin's girlfriend. She is a very presumptuous girl who is very bindaas and is seen around in dungarees and cargo clothes. She's just like the boys and loves to hangout with them."

"Comedy is always a refreshing change to the usual saas- bahu sagas. I don't have to have a lot of make up, I'm just one of the boys on the show, you see. Its all so hassle free and fun," says a visibly excited Kavita.

Well, after Samir Soni's exit from this show on metro sexual men, Kavita seems to have had it easy, blending in with the boys. "I've already become part of their pranks. They think they're too smart and are always up to some mischief, but these days it's like I'm the one who's pulling a fast one on them each time," she laughs. "I feel like I'm in school again actually, after being treated like such a child on the sets."

Kavita's track on the show goes on air from Thursday. She replaces Samir Soni, who after repeated calls spoke to Telly Chakkar. "The deal is that my contract on the show expired, so I've moved on. It was a good experience and now its time to bid adieu," sighs Samir.

Edited by bhangra rulez - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

luv_ranveer thumbnail
Oh no. Samir left Dil Kya chahta hai also !!! 😭 😭
luving_gal_neha thumbnail
JUuz no fair!! the show is abt 2 end!! Cuz frm 11th the new show is starting.... I just dont like this 😭