Obama VS John Mccain?

sonamchocobar thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago

who do you think will be the best president?

who do you think will win?

who do you want to win?

Edited by raj5000 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
do inky pinky ponky... anybody is as bad or good. cant believe such elaborate process in teh number 1 country in the world just has bozo's as options... while one bozo goes out!!! 😆
raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
^^^ Seriously, when they are representing a party with certain goals... why have mud slinging and fighting among themselves? What are they representing? going over my head...

Topic : Emotional display of Hillary is kinna of makes me feel would be hard for her to rightly tackle some tough situations, but being backed by Bill gives some hope. Thats said... my personal choice -- Obama!!
starcity thumbnail
MY view is that obhama should win

But the question shold be is america ready for a woman president or a black president- I think one of the two (hilary or obhama) will win, but you never know with america

Jerri 😃
hira_187 thumbnail
I really don't like anyone of them. I'm sure i won't be voting for hilary. I am still watching them on news and researching their views and all til nov. 8.

Sadly in a country which claims to be a democracy we are given only two dreadful choices. Out of the four left, I hope Republicans win.

sareg thumbnail

John Mccain for sure. A man who has had to deal with the harsh realities of a war, the Man knows how to handle a war situation that is currently encountered by America. A man who does what he beleives and is willing to fight his own party for that and even icons of his own party like Reagan and Rush Limbaugh's

At present the biggest Mccain detractors are the right wing of his own party, People whom I often listen to but dislike the POV, the Limbaugh's and the Hannities or the Levin's of the world. and I like the things he has for which they blast him

He is a good guy with good principles and record of following them. He has done some amazing work for America in his tenure for the Campaign finance laws, the Vietnam resolutions, the apartheid legislations(The tide turned against Apartheid changed when America started opposing it, and that was one of the major contributions of Mccain in opposition to Ronald Reagan)

Most important reason he will let the war in Iraq play out its own course and withdraw troops only when there is some sense of normalcy in that country

According to published reports since the day British Army pulled out, the situation of town of Basra has became worser. Women in that city get acid thrown at their face even when they are using a burkha of a wrong color. A few religous lunatics seem to be taking over that part of the country

Hillary Clinton gets it, Barack Obama doesnt

Whether you supported the Iraq war or not, now is your choice, you will be equally be responsible for what Iraq becomes after the American Army leaving Iraq. And Iraq is much closer to us in Asia than it is to America, the fallout of what happens in Iraq will reach there faster

Obama is a candidate I would love to have in another 8-12 years when he has sufficient experience under his belt, he has 11 years of political experience and being a President of America you need a broader-wider-longer experience, your decisions affect a lot of people in the world, whtether you like it or not. The man sounds to be a solid candidate, but with experience your opinions on certain things change. I would like to get him a bit seasoned before he becomes President, which eventually will happen

Hillary I cant see what her original positions are except for the healthcare, on one hand with her at the helm the country will be able to ride the economic downturn more effectively, but her other policies worry me a little bit.

I so wish India had someone like Mccain to govern it.

Edited by sareg - 16 years ago

Originally posted by: sareg

......................Whether you supported the Iraq war or not, now is your choice, you will be equally be responsible for what Iraq becomes after the American Army leaving Iraq. And Iraq is much closer to us in Asia than it is to America, the fallout of what happens in Iraq will reach there faster

Obama is a candidate I would love to have in another 8-12 years when he has sufficient experience under his belt, he has 11 years of political experience and being a President of America you need a broader-wider-longer experience, your decisions affect a lot of people in the world, whtether you like it or not. The man sounds to be a solid candidate, but with experience your opinions on certain things change. I would like to get him a bit seasoned before he becomes President, which eventually will happen ...............

vinit, I agree with you on these two points.  rest, i still need to do my h.w.  not really following the primaries this time around so not sure about other candidates who r not as much in news as hillary and obama. 

lighthouse thumbnail

Originally posted by: Gauri_3

vinit, I agree with you on these two points.  rest, i still need to do my h.w.  not really following the primaries this time around so not sure about other candidates who r not as much in news as hillary and obama

Agree Sareg about Mccain and Obama.. Gauri save your self trouble, it's just 3 of them now. 😉  And no we didn't have only 2 to choose from , there were many when the race started.😊

Originally posted by: lighthouse

Agree Sareg about Mccain and Obama.. Gauri save your self trouble, it's just 3 of them now. 😉  And no we didn't have only 2 to choose from , there were many when the race started.😊

oh, there were many in the beginning but these two got the max airtime.  that's why i ended up getting some info on them.....strictly thru osmosis😆....jab dekho jahan dekho inn dono ka discussion😡  was hard to avoid after some time so did a quick research on obama's background.  therefore, agree with vinit on obama.  never liked hillary in the first place so she was out as far as i'm concerned😊