Posted: 16 years ago
Expressindia Story

Talking point: with MUKUL DEV

Font Size -
-A +A

Suruchi Mazumdar

Posted online: Saturday , February 02, 2008 at 01:01:39
Updated: Saturday , February 02, 2008 at 01:18:49

Why this shift from the hero to the bad man?
The character I'll be playing in Kumkum (Pyaara Sa Bandhan) is quite interesting, though it's negative. My character, Pulkit, is Kumkum's old lover, who was rejected by her, and he returns for revenge. I got tired of playing monotonous goody-goody roles and I thought it might be interesting for me as an actor. Are you expecting similar roles in other shows?
Yes, why not? Though I can't predict anything till I appear in Kumkum. Offers keep coming and I always hope for something better. Do you watch saas-bahu serials?
To be honest, I don't watch them unless I'm acting in them. As a viewer, I watch ESPN, Star Sports and Discovery. You were missing from the scene lately…
I featured in Sony's Fear Factor last year. I also worked in two films, Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena and Just Married. Apart from that, I acted in a Bengali and a Telugu film, where I was cast as a villain. In fact, that made me more comfortable to play negative characters. Besides, I am a trained commercial pilot and I have to fly frequently to keep my license valid. Do you regret acting in any films?
Apart from one or two, I don't regret doing any of my movies. I debuted at a time when there was no multiplex culture and the film's success depended solely on the hero.

Are you acting in any films?
I am acting in E Niwas' De Tali that features Aftab Shivdasani and Riteish Deshmukh. It's a comedy and mine is an extended cameo. My character adds the twist in the tale.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Resham* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 16 years ago
thx for the article...

now everyone is interviewing him on his role in kk 😳 ..great... 😆
preethi thumbnail