Posted: 18 years ago

E-mail this article

Rate this article
Search archive Comment

Print this article

View Comments

Sameer Soni

Sameer Soni has gone missing…

…From his show, Dil Kya Chahta Hai, which is going through its worst testing phase ever

Sapana Patil

There was a lot of noise when Sameer Soni left Sony's Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin. This time around, he seems to be caught in web of speculation with regard to his show Dil Kya Chahta Hai. There seem to be plenty of rumours about the man's intentions of continuing on the show.

The show that recently completed 39 episodes (meeting its commitment with channel) has recieved an extension of five episodes.

Sameer Soni is however not in attendance on the sets, leading to consequent guesswork. In fact, a source revealed that there are rumours on the sets that Sameer is walking out of the show.   

Producer Shailesh Dave initially maintained, "I don't want to comment." But later added, "This is not the first time that we shot without all four actors. Earlier also one or two actors had not come for the shoot." On asking if Soni had conveyed anything to him, he replied, "he did not convey anything to me directly."      

However, another source associated with the show maintained, "Soni is not interested in comedy. He was not happy with the way the show was shaping up. He wanted to know how the show will develop. We are under pressure. We have to perform well in these five episodes. If we do well then the contract with the channel may be renewed. In fact the actors have even got a raise in their remuneration when we haven't got one from the channel."   

On asking Sameer why he was not there on the shoot, he said, "We (producer and I) were supposed to have a meeting. When the meeting was called I was in my play. Then the producer left for London. I came to know later that they shot yesterday. Maybe my track was not there in that episode."

On quizzing if he was not happy with the show, he said, "I love the concept of the show. But it has changed from what it used to be. Not that I am unhappy about it. But I don't have a clear picture of what is happening. I don't know what the future of the show is. Some say the show is getting extended for five episodes depending on which it may further get extended. So I want to sit and talk."  
The show has maintained a stable TRP between 0.3 and 0.6. It tried to retain viewer interest with cameo appearances of celebs like Dia Mirza. It rose a little higher when Abhinav Kashyap (Anurag Kashyap's brother who earlier directed Siddhanth on the same channel) was roped in. 

The show has already been an object of controversy when one of the actors Vikram Acharya made statements that the show is not promoted enough on the channel.

So will Sameer continue with Dil Kya Chahta Hai? On second thoughts will the show go beyond the probationary five episodes?

* I don't have a clear picture of what is happening. I don't know what the future of the show is. So I want to sit and talk — sameer soni

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

natasha-remix thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
so people wad do u think is gonna happen to DKCH

i dont want it to end as its an awesome soap...
alveera thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
hey thats sad, i dunn want this show to end or sameer to quit. 😭
bhangra rulez thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: alveera

hey thats sad, i dunn want this show to end or sameer to quit. 😭

me either didi!😭😭😭