Teen Bahuraaniya Articles Archive

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 16 years ago

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tani91 thumbnail

If Saumya Tandon couldn't do Teen Bahuraniyaan because of contractual disagreement with Zee, Bijal Batavia who was to play the role of Bindu in the show is also not doing the daily anymore. "I was finalised by the channel for the role of Bindu but was later told by the production house that I was not going to play the role.

The reason given to me was that I didn't make a good pair with Mehul Kajaria who was playing my husband," says Bijal who has to her credit shows like Remix, Twinkle Beauty Parlour and Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Dhoom . She is currently doing two DD shows – Paap Punya Ka Likha Jhoka, an afternoon daily, and DD Top Ten, a weekly countdown.

When asked doe she really believes the production house's excuse for replacing her on the show, she says, "Today the channel is king and its decision is final. The production house has to abide by the channel's decision." But all's not lost, as she has bagged a role in Hungama TV's popular show Hero. "It's the role of a very sexy teacher, quite similar to the character played by Sushmita Sen in Main Hoon Na," says Bijal.

http://www.deccan.com/Sunday%20Chronicle/Sunday%20ChronicleD escription.asp#Proved%20to%20be%20an%20unsuitable%20bahu

Amrapalli Gupta -From cameos to lead roles

Friday, March 23, 2007   

Fresher Amrapalli Gupta is pinning her hopes on her first lead role in 'Teen Bahuraaniyaan' for surviving on the idiot box. The soap produced by actor Paresh Rawal and his better half Swaroop Sampat promises to have a 'different' role for Amrapalli. "It is a saas-bahu drama which is dealt with differently and also has some comic element to it," says the new kid on the block.

Having played the lead in 'Khushiyan', on DD, the lass from Lucknow did a string of cameos in 'Dulhann', 'Pyaar Ke Do Naam', 'CID' and other serials. But she attributes her recent break as 'my first major project.'

And how did that happen? "Actually nothing special happened. I was called for the auditions and probably they thought I fit the role, so they offered it to me."

She plays the character of Bindi who 'is the youngest of the new generation bahus', says the young actress. "She is a small town girl, who is tom boyish and bubbly but in a beautiful way. She wears ghagra-cholis and plays with kanchas and gilli danda. Though she belongs to a village she believes that she can become whatever she wants to."

The 'many shades' of the character appealed to Amrapalli to take up the role. The girl identifies herself with the bubbly nature of the character. But similarities in real life end there. In fact she 'had put in a lot of effort to do things like playing with gilli danda.'

She had even hurt a few people on the sets while trying to do so. The excitement of working in Paresh Rawal production is evident in the actress. Though she has not met the producer duo, she is quite excited being into the camp. "Hemantji from the production side has been very good to us. He is always worried as to how we will go home and about our various needs. There is a lot of support that we are getting," explains the cat-eyed beauty.

The girl is certainly having a great experience and enjoying the shoot. She shares a good relationship with the girls who play Kadambari and Manwa who have become good friends of hers now.

Amrapalli is serious about her role and wants to concentrate on it at the moment. Therefore she has not taken up a new project. She has just done a serial for DD and also an album which is yet to be released.

Manish's Bahuraniyan!!
[4 Apr 2007]

Manish, who is playing the character of Sameer in the latest offering from Zee ' Teen Bahuranian' is very busy with his projects and is not finding time even for friends. He has been taking naps at the sets itself. As the actor says, ' Forget going to the gym, meeting up with friends and family, I didn't even have time for myself. I had to catch up on sleep on the sets itself!"

Television actors working round-the-clock and fainting on the sets is something we've heard. But working continuously and still being fit and fine is quite commendable. That is exactly what model/actor Manish Rai Singhani who plays the role of Nirvaan in Betiyaan.. Apna Ya Paraya dhan managed to do. Apparently he worked 6 days at a stretch and that too for long hours. Now, Manish that's great going!

Link:

http://magnamags.com/magna_showtime/node/713

Tani91 thumbnail
Amrapalli falls prey to pranks

The youngest bahu of the serial 'Teen Bahuraniyaan' Amrapalli Gupta has been a victim of pranks played by the cast and crew since the very first day.

"When I got ready for the shot for the first day, everybody told me that since it was the first day and I was a new-comer, I had to touch the feet of the director, producer, cameraman and all the senior crew members for blessings and give them 'guru-dakshina' too", recalls Amrapalli. Though it did sound fishy but she agreed since it was told to her seriously.

"Believe it or not I went to the cameraman, touched his feet and even handed him the 'guru-dakshina' when all the crew members stated laughing" laughed this cat-eyed actress. It was only then when she realized that it was a prank.

Not just this, recently Amrapalli was nearly on the verge of tears because of a prank. She had kept her mobile in her bag while shooting when it slipped off and someone from the unit picked it up. "It was only after hours that I realized that my cell phone was missing. I asked everyone one but yet could not find it. It was only when I was in tears that I was given the cell phone back," informs Amrapalli. They had even asked for a thousand rupees on return of the phone.

Poor girl! She must have thought that ragging days are over in college. But it has got worse here.

Bahu turns babe
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   April 16, 2007

PEHCHaan kaun?: Amrapalli Gupta in the Chatni Mix music video
Though she may be the youngest bahu, Bindi, in the Zee daily Teen Bahuraniyaan, Amrapalli Gupta has now shed her inhibitions along with the six yards.

In a stark contrast to her demure bahu persona on the show, Amrapalli has done a sizzling act in a video from the album Chatni Mix (to be released by Venus Music later this month),

on a remixed version of the yesteryear track, Kaise bani, kaise bani fulori bina chutney.

Full-on fun

ALL WRAPPED UP: Amrapalli Gupta in Teen Bahuraaniyaan
"I did this song a while ago, but because of some problems it didn't release all this while. Now that it's going to be out, I'm really excited.

People will see a totally different side to me," says Amrapalli, of her bindaas turn in the track.

Ravi Bhatia has directed the video, while newcomer Sohani has sung the song. "We had great fun during the shoot of this video.

I am doing all those typical jhatka-matka moves that you seen in remix videos. And yes, I'm dressed to kill," she adds.

Meanwhile as bahu number three in Teen Bahuraaniyan, Amrapalli continues her act as the couch potato who ends up tying the knot with a TV serial writer just so she can be one step closer to the soapy stars.

Did you know?

WET WET WET: Amrapalli Gupta with Amit Sadh
Amrapalli Gupta was to star opposite Amit Sadh in the Sony show Kulvaddhu, which is now off air.

Both the actors had shot for a pilot of Anuj Saxena's Maverick Productions show, then titled Niyati.

However, both Amrapalli and Amit did not feature in the final cast call.

But one look at the picture and it seemed both Amrapalli and Amit had one really wet experience!

Tv News

Feet Touching Prank!!
[14 Apr 2007]

Amrapalli, who is playing the character of the youngest bahu in the Zee's ' Teen Bahuraniyan', fell pray to the prank played on her by the crew members on the sets of the serial. In fact, she even went on to touch the feet of the producer, director and other members of the crew as she was told to follow the tradition as everybody does that before starting the shooting. Amrapalli who although found it a little weird did not dare refuse to comply and obediently started seeking their blessings. The cast, who couldn't help laughing, finally asked her to stop and declared it was just a prank they usually play on newcomers.

And we thought that ragging ends with the college life!!!

Link:

http://magnamags.com/magna_showtime/node/740

Tani91 thumbnail
Rawal's righteous bahus
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   April 3, 2007

Here's a peek at the three protagonists of Zee's new drama Teen Bahuraniyaan, co-produced by Paresh

Ekta Kapoor's bahus ' with their poker-straight hair, dozens of bangles and embellished saris (which they even wear to bed) ' dominate the small screen.

They are timeless wonders, these Balaji bahus.

They have children, grandchildren and even great grandchildren accumulated over the several generation leaps in assorted sagas, but they continue their act with barely a few specks of grey in the hair.

Tulsi Virani, Parvati Agarwal, Prerna and gang have become so familiar that it's difficult to imagine what primetime TV would be without them.

Now, Bollywood funster and character actor Paresh Rawal, along with co-producer Hemal Thakkar, has come out with his own set of bahus in Zee's new drama Teen Bahuraaniyaan and is vying for attention on the small screen. Here's a dekko of what his lot will be like!

BAHU NO 1: JANKI

She digs:
The joint family system.

Her virtues: Being the eldest of the bahus, Janki takes on the onus of running the house.

As she lost her mother at a very young age, she has always pined for a family.

Though her father never let her feel the loss of her mother, her biggest aim in life was to marry into a joint family.

As the dutiful daughter and bahu, Janki takes care of her father's house and business.

Played by: Kadambari Kadam

We've seen her before in: Saans (her debut), Kehta Hai Dil and Kabhie Souten Kabhie Saheli.

She has also done a few Marathi serials and Girish Mohite's Hi Porghi Kunachi.

On the big screen, she featured in Kundan Shah's film, The Three Daughters, which co-starred Naseeruddin Shah, but the project never saw the light of day.

Real-life scenario: She is a bahu, alright! So she knows what it's like being a bahu. She is married to Sameer Desai, who is an advertising professional.
BAHU NO 2: MANJEET

She digs:
Being in the forefront of things

Her virtues: She is a go-getter, a bindaas babe and a working bahu ' a journalist always on the quest for taking up a good cause.

She even rides a bike, leather jacket et al. She's the chilled-out bahu.

Played by: Manva Naik

We've seen her before in: Special Squad and Baa Bahoo aur Baby.

Real-Life scenario: Not a real-life bahu yet.
BAHU NO 3: BINDI

She digs:
Television

Her virtues: Her child-like innocent qualities ' she still plays with the kids.

As the youngest bahu, she marries in the Gheewala family because her hubby is a TV serial writer.

She feels that by marrying him, she can get close to TV stars!

Played by: Amrapalli Gupta

We've seen her before in: Khushiya, Reth and Pyar Ke Do Naam ' Ek Raadha Aur Ek Shyaam.

Real-life scenario: She's single.

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/april/154696.htm

Short circuited

The set of Zee's Teen Bahuraniyan was charred, thanks to a havan sequence that resulted in a short circuit

Posted On Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A still from Teen Bahuraniyan

There can't be smoke with fire. And where there's a wedding, there has to be a fire. Call a serial Teen Bahuraniyan, and you'll have a wedding set too many to handle. This is precisely what went through the minds of Zee executives as a grand wedding sequence turned into a blazing nightmare for the channel. The unit of this newly-launched soap Teen Bahuraniyan was shooting a majestic wedding scene when the set caught fire thanks to a short circuit. Adding fuel to the fire, literally, was the havan. Half of the precious set was gutted and the producers suffered a loss tallying up to a good few lakhs.

Since daughters-in-laws (all three of them) are the main premise of the story, the wedding sequence was supposed to be lavishly shot. "We took a long period to design the set elaborately with flowers, silky decorations, lighting and a whole lot of things. When the shooting was halfway through, one side of the set suddenly caught fire. The elaborate lighting only worsened the situation. Half of the set was gutted in no time," says producer Hemal Thakkar. When the shooting was on, 20 artistes and 120 junior artistes were inside. With fire breaking out, everyone freaked and there was pandemonium. Thankfully, the unit members kept their cool and everyone was evacuated safely. Shooting came to a halt and was delayed for almost a day.

Interestingly, the producer has a different take on the accident. "When people were fixing the lights, there were several instances of flickering - but we ignored it. I guess, God sent us the signal and warned us to be more careful next time and take precautions," he said

One down!

Manva Naik, one of the three main protagonists in Teen Bahuraniyan, has decided to quit the show to try her luck in Bollywood

Posted On Monday, April 30, 2007

Ranjib Mazumder

Manva Naik
The producer of Zee's newly launched show, Teen Bahuraniyan, is in a fix. Manva Naik aka Manjeet, one of the three leading ladies in the show, has decided to quit, leaving the producer in the lurch.

Says a source in the production house, "Of late, Manva has been getting a lot of good film offers. A lot of filmmakers have approached her after watching her performance in Teen Bahuraniyan. She has already done a meaty role in an upcoming Bollywood film. She has been getting offers for other TV shows too, but she is not keen on doing any of them. Now, she is planning to quit because she wants to try her luck in Bollywood."

The actress however remains unperturbed about the recent development. Says Manva, "I have been approached by a few filmmakers. I have gone through the scripts and some of them are simply amazing. While one is a conventional masala flick, the other is an off-beat one. But I am yet to take the final decision."

Since Teen Bahuraniyan is a comparitively new show, the producers are yet to create an episode bank. So, the actors are shooting day and night to create an episode bank. Needless to say, the actors have been shooting 15-16 hours everyday.

Apparently, Manva has not been co-operating with the production house as far as shooting schedules are concerned. Manva says, "I have been shooting for almost 24 hours and I am exhausted. There is too much pressure in a daily soap and this gruelling shooting is taking a toll on my health."

'  "Some of the scripts offered are simply amazing. While one is a conventional masala film, the other is an off-beat one" ' Manva Naik

'Teen Bahuraaniyaan' to further spice up ZEE TV
Mar 15, 2007 08:35 PM

New daily soap for ZEE TV - Teen Bahuraaniyaan
ZEE TV has been giving rivals a run for their money with a slew of hit new shows. The latest to premiere on the channel is a new daily soap 'Teen Bahuraaniyaan'.

'Teen Bahuraaniyaan' is being produced by actor Paresh Rawal's production house Playtime Creations along with Swaroop Sampat.

The mega soap has a heavy Gujarati backdrop and is being described as the tale of the varied interests of three daughter-in-laws, bahus, from extremely different backgrounds and upbringing who are now living under one roof.

"Though it is another 'saas-bahu' saga but it is from the point of view of contemporary daughters-in-law, who have entered a new family after marriage," Swaroop Sampat told IANS in a press conference today.

"Teen Bahuraaniyaan" is a story of three daughters-in-law, from different backgrounds, married in a traditional Gujarati family and their struggle to establish their identities."

"Since we can't make 'Tamas' or 'Mirza Galib' it is a necessity to make a family serial. But I have to do some quality work. In this serial you will find that complex situations are highlighted with great simplicity," said Paresh Rawal.

"If you notice the trend you will find that all hit movies possess great packaging. Similarly, the packaging of this serial is also excellent," he added.

Talking about the series, Ashvini Yardi, programming head ZEE TV, said: "We always take up topical and relevant subjects in our shows. Be it Saloni from 'Saat Phere', Vidya from 'Dulhann' or Lakshmi from 'Betiyann' the protagonists have a purpose. This new series will also deal with the struggle of a new daughter-in-law in a new household. Viewers will be able to identify themselves with the theme."

'Teen Bahuraaniyaan' launches on ZEE TV UK on Monday 16th April at 22:30 with an omnimbus edition on Sundays at 15:00.

ZEE TV has been on a high recently with 'Saat Phere', 'Kasamh Se', 'Dulhann', 'Betiyaan' and 'Maayka' performing well inside the Top 100 shows across India. The channel's 'Antakshari' programme has also beaten STAR One's version of the same show.

Updated: 17/03/07 a

Zee is out to woo the Gujjus again. The Gheewala family of Teen Bahuraniyan could be an extension of Sony's Thodi Khushi Thode Gham family, and relatives of Sony's Ek Mahal Ho Sapano Ka, not to mention Zee's own Betiyann family. The focus is on the elder daughters-in-law, who are vying to bring in the best daughter-in-law of their own into the family fold and win a prize. Paresh Rawal stepped in to do the voice over in the inaugural episode (he's the producer of this show), and going by the pace and the current story, it should get in the audiences. Zee is keeping its commitment to the female cause going with this show too, with the tag lines promising that a daughter-in-law is not a mere accessory. It did a similar gig with Betiyann, but last I checked, the daughters were still crying over destiny. Progressive promos help, but finally it's the tears that rake in the TRPs, right?

I tried to sit through the confusion of three soaps rolled into one on Star Plus on Monday and Tuesday. And gave up. Each of these serials has umpteen characters anyway. Mixing three was a surefire recipe for a migraine. All I could glean from the episodes was that madames Smriti Iraani and Saakshi Tanwar obviously can't stand to be in the same frame. All their conversations with each other were over the phone! Getting these two prima donnas of Balaji together would have been the real coup... alas, the channel couldn't manage that.

After doing cameos in various serials, Amrapalli Gupta is all set to entertain viewers with her first major role in Zee's Teen Bahuraaniyaan. The actress talks about the show, her co-stars who have now become friends, a caring set and more to Amit N.

Q Tell us about the show?

I cannot tell you too much because my producer has requested me not to reveal too much. It is a saas-bahu drama with a difference. It has comic elements to it.

Q You play the character Bindiya. Describe her?

Bindiya is the youngest of the new generation of bahus. She is a small town girl, who is a tomboy. She wears ghagra cholis and plays with kanchas and gilli danda. Though she belongs to a village she believes that she can become whatever she wants to be.

Q How did you land the part?

Actually nothing special happened. I was called for the auditions and they probably thought I fit the role, so they offered it to me.

Q What made you take up this role?

This character has many shades. I cannot tell you too much but you will discover that she is different.

Q Swaroop Sampat and Paresh Rawal are the producers of this project. You must be pretty excited, about being associated with such big names.

I'm so excited to work in Pareshji's project. Though I have not met them but Hemantji from the production side has been very good to us. He is always worried as to how we will go home and about our various needs.

Q The experience so far has been great then...

Yes, it has been lovely. I'm really enjoying the shoot and get on well with the girls who play Kadambari and Manwa. Even during the promotions, we got along well with each other and did a lot of things together. They have become good friends of mine now.

Q The hopes must be high too'

Yes, there are a lot of hopes. As this is my first major serial, I wish that it does well and the audience appreciate it. What else can I ask for?

http://www.deccan.com/Sunday%20Chronicle/Sunday%20ChronicleD escription.asp#Amrapalli%20finally%20lands%20a%20significant %20role

Edited by Tani91 - 15 years ago
Tani91 thumbnail

Panga na le!

The high-handed attitude of some junior production hands at Balaji Telefilms is scaring away young actresses

Back to Section Stories Posted On Friday, May 18, 2007

Mumbai Mirror Bureau

Amrapali faced a real threat from one of the assistant directors of Balaji Telefilms when she walked out of a Balaji show. So what if she's not playing a much desired Balaji bahu! Amrapali is still playing a scheming bahu in Paresh Rawal's Teen Bahuraaniyaan. Before this she had a role in Balaji's Nimmo where she had a very funky look.

Rancour and sourness set in between Amrapali and Balaji when she was offered a show for Dubai viewers. "Ekta had offered me a show for Dubai viewers for which they expected me to stay in Dubai for one-and-a-half years and to top it all they weren't even paying me well. I was told that I wouldn't be allowed to commute either. It wasn't an attractive offer and made no sense to me to go to Dubai!" says Amrapali.

Amrapali
Matter closed?! No way, not for Amrapali. A bully at the production house threatened her outright and growled at her 'Do you know it is Balaji and Ekta tumhe dekh legi'!' Amrapali ignored the threat and walked out. "What I don't like about Balaji is this attitude 'Balaji is the biggest and Ekta ye kar degi, wo kar degi'!' she says. 

Another bahu in Teen Bahuraaniyaan who was a victim of this overbearing attitude of a chhota mota worker had already played a younger sister in a Balaji sob soap. "Working with Balaji was very stressful. I was very young and didn't want to work 17-20 hours a day!"

This particular 'young girl' had the nerve to walk out of Kyunki' where she was offered the role of Indu (later played by Karishma Tanna). She recounts, "I shot for two days for the promos and at the same time I had a commitment for a Marathi show so I told them to leave me at a certain time. They agreed. I had to shoot for the Marathi serial before sunset. At 1.30 pm I got up to leave but they insisted that I wait because even other senior artists like Smriti were waiting, so I had to wait too. Marathi serials are made on low budgets unlike the Hindi serials. So when I insisted that I had to leave, a guy from the unit  told me 'Why would you leave the Kyunki'  set just for a small, insignificant Marathi serial?' I felt very hurt! I didn't say a word to them but went straight to the make-up room, removed my make up and changed."

She adds, "They were banging the door saying that I couldn't do such a thing to Balaji that had given me this break! 'Who do you think you are?' he asked me and I said 'I may be a nobody, but I can dare to leave the sets of Kyunki!  I picked up my stuff and left. I cried all the way partly because I was angry and partly because I had taken panga with Balaji. But my sense of commitment was so strong. For a moment I felt my career was over... However, let me make it clear that Ekta was nowhere in the picture."

This actress is now playing one of the main protagonists in Teen Bahuraaniyaan on Zee TV in the 10.30pm slot against Kyunki'! "I can proudly say that I didn't compromise!" she says.

Link:

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;am p;am p;sectid=12&contentid=2007051802421760940e55c2a

Kadambari speaks on her serial

Wednesday, May 16, 2007  
After having portrayed a number of small characters in television, Kadambari Kadam, a Marathi actress, has finally landed the lead role in Teen Bahuraniya. Definitely, she is on cloud nine these days and dreams of achieving higher goals. Kadambari's first stage appearance was at the tender age of 13 and she has seen the ups and downs of both - theatre as well as television. She recently spoke to us at length about her experiences and future plans. Here is the excerpt.

Tell us something about your role in Teen Bahuraniya ?
Here I am playing a role of Janki, who is a very simple girl hailing from a very rich family. She has a dream of getting married in a joint family and her dreams come true. So she is very happy and content with life.

Will Janki be sweet all the while or will we see some kind of revolting attitude in her too?
As of now she is sweet and quite. However, she raises her voice for truth even now as in the promos of the character with the tag line Sita bhi hai....Durga bhi hai. This means that though I am silent like Sita, I can even fight like Durga. The viewers will now have to wait and watch for the other aspects of Janki's character.

Janki solves tiffs between the young bahus. Will she try to do the same for her elder generation bahus?
As of now, I solve the small tiffs occurring between the young bahus and am also fighting for truth. But if I get a chance to solve the problems of the elder ones, I would surely love to do that.

So how much does Kadambari resemble Janki?
See, I resemble Janki in a way, as she loves to be quiet and try to make things peaceful. I too love being quite and peaceful and try never to fight, as I hate fighting. Where I don't resemble Janki is that my husband and I live separately and my in-laws don't stay with. Moreover, Janki is a housewife, but Kadambari is a working lady.

Did you have any prior experience in acting?
I have done serials like Kehta Hai Dil, Kabhi Sautan Kabhi Saheli, but this is my first serial as a lead. I have even done a movie where I was the leading lady, but unfortunately it is yet to be released. I have also acted in plays and theatre and in many Marathi movies. My first stage appearance was when I was of 3 years and I always dreamt to be an actor. Presently, I am enjoying my dream come true.

So how do you manage your married life with work?
I am married since two yrs and my biggest support is my husband and my parents without whom I would not have been here. It is due to my husband's support that I can manage things well.

And how is your rapport with the cast and crew?
Everyone is really good, caring and professionally one has to be comfortable with each other so we all have gelled very well together.

source-

Accident prone Manava

It seems like Manava Naik and scooters are not meant for each other! The actor, who plays the gregarious Punjabi bahu Manjit in 'Teen Bahuraniyan' (Zee), has had two mishaps back-to-back with a scooter while shooting for the show.

Manava laughs as she recounts the incidents saying, "I'm shown to be an expert scooter rider in 'Teen Bahuraniyan'. Though I'm not proficient, I do know how to ride a scooter. Hence, I insisted that I'll do all the scenes myself." She continues, "But on the first day of the shoot itself, I rammed my scooter into my co-star Manish Rai Singhania's car, making a big dent in it! I had not even met him till then! Thankfully, he was sweet enough to ignore my mistake. But I hurt myself badly."

Manava continues, "After a couple of weeks, I felt that I had become a pro in riding the two-wheeler. But how wrong I was! Just three days back, I once again met with an accident while filming a sequence." Manava adds that she had to skillfully manouvre the scooter to avoid it falling into a ditch. "Whilst doing that,  my leg got scraped badly! I really need to take riding lessons now if I want to avoid getting into any more accidents!" laughs Manava, who seems to be going through a bad phase.

Earlier the actor had contracted a terrible eye infection after having developed an allergy to a make-up product. "My eye was swollen and red! It was a bad experience. But the only positive outcome was that I got a break for two days 'something that we actors yearn for!"

DNA

I have rejected a film offer for Teen Bahuraniyaan: Manva Naik

Manva Naik, the punjabi kudi, who is married it into a Gujrati family, has sacrificed enough for her serial 'Teen Bahuraniyan'. Here she talks about her role, past experiences and future plans.

Q: How does it feel to be a part of a successful serial like "Teen Bahuraniyaan"?
A: It feels great to be a part of a serial like "Teen Bahuraniyaan". It is a good experience working with such a good production house and Zee, which is doing so well.

Q: So what led you to the serial?
A: It is a good role that I'm playing; a highly potential role, which has many shades. As I told you, the production house is also so good and the channel is also one of the best in business. This combination is very rare.

Q: Why do you think the serial is doing well despite the fact that it is a saas bahu concept?
A: See, the most important factor is that the serial has got an element of humor. It is a lighthearted show having cheerful moments and not that crying and high intensity drama. The entire concept is very realistic and has a slice of life in it. Thus, people can identify with it. Even the characters here are not completely negative or positive; every character has a mixture of a number of qualities.

Q: How much do you identify with the tomboyish character of Manjeet?
A: (Laughs) I think the only quality that is common between me and Manjeet is that of standing up for truth. And for the tomboyish part, I am a bit like that. I would say that if Manjeet were 100%, I would be 60%.

Q: How is your chemistry with your on-screen saas off-screen?
A: On screen, Nimisha and I might not be having a good rapport with each other, but believe me we are such good friends off-screen that we share the same make-up room. I have worked with her earlier. We even share the dabba and she gets us salads. We get along very well. Even if we are not shooting on a particular day, we speak over the
phone at least once.

Q: And what about the other bahus, Kadambari and Amrapalli'
A: We have become very good friends by now. I had earlier worked with Kadambari in Marathi
theatre. We are always supporting and standing up for each other. If I need a leave, Kabambari and Amrapalli also request the EP on my behalf. We are having a good time together shooting.

Q: Any incident that you would like to share with us?
A: A few days ago, I was unwell due to an eye infection and needed rest. But due to some telecast problems, I had to keep shooting. To add to my miseries, I had acidity due to the medicines. It was so nice of the whole cast and crew to take full care of me.

The EP Sapna looked into the matter and ensured that my shots were over earlier. Kadambari used to drop me home everyday. I was really touched by every ones gestures.

Q: What about the scooty incident? Have you ever ridden a vehicle earlier?
A: No, I have only ridden a bike once in my life and have no practice. The second time was for my shoots. So, what happened was that I fell down twice. But again, it is not that I do not know how to ride. I can ride on the roads, but when you have the light stands and the crew around, it becomes difficult.

That is what happened on the very first day. If I hadn't fallen, I would have banged right onto the
camera. So to avoid that, I had to fall. It is difficult to ride in plastic situations.

Q: We have heard that you have rejected a film offer for "Teen Bahuraniyaan"?
A: Yes, it is true that I have rejected a
film offer for the show, but it is only because I believe that I should do one project at a time. Now I'm doing "Teen Bahuraniyaan" and want to give my heart and soul to it. Till the time it gets stabilized and things start working out, I will not take up any other project.

Q: So, it can be said that the film career is in the offing?
A: Yes, I'm interested in
films, but as for now, I will concentrate on "Teen Bahuraniyaan".

Q: How did you get into television acting?
A: Actually, it all happened by fluke. One day I was just walking when a person came up to me and asked if I would be interested in
acting. I agreed and this is how my first project came to me.

Q: Were you always interested in acting?
A: See, I come from a background of a family, which was into Marathi theatre. So I was also exposed to acting and I even did a bit of theatre. So, I thought of giving it a try and here I'm. Till now I'm happy with what I'm doing.

Rudraksha turns Manish vegetarian!

Manish Raisinghani, the hardcore Punjabi munda who is seen in Teen Bahuraniya and Betiyaan Apni Ya Paraya Dhaan, has turned vegetarian. All this because of a Rudraksha he has been wearing.

The actor, who became popular as Varun (Kahin To Hoga), reveals, "My family was going through a tough phase health-wise this year and my mom asked me to wear it. As I am not too much into religious rituals, I was unaware that one must quit eating meat after wearing the Rudraksha. In fact, four days later my co-star warned me about it and since then I have given up eating meat.

I have become more conscious regarding health and spiritual matters after wearing this, all thanks to my mother."

When asked whether it was difficult for him to avoid eating all those delicious spicy chicken curry served on the sets, he said, "Well it has been a little tough but I have tremendous self control. I relish the masala milk and the fruit juices that are available in the studio canteen!"

What health tips does the actor want to give to all his fans who want to turn veggie? "Have self-control. By consuming only vegetarian food, your concentration powers increase."
Tani91 thumbnail
Manish Rai Singhania's driver dilemma

Manish Rai Singhania's erratic schedules may not be too much for him to handle but it's been causing the Teen Bahuraniyan actor's drivers to quit their jobs.

Manish, aka Sameer, works for about 20 hours a day. When he appoints a driver he informs them about his hectic shooting hours and work schedule. Even then, his drivers leave the job after day or two and in the past 15 days he has changed 4 drivers.

Manish says "I give my drivers a very good salary and I tell them about my schedule. When they join they think that I am just over playing the matter but after working for few days they get tired and run away! Now I am hunting for a new driver again.

Because I shoot for so many hours, the time I spend traveling to and from the sets is when I get to relax. At the moment I drive myself so I am very tired."

Not wanting to deter anyone away from being his driver, Manish jokes, "After reading this article, even those who might have applied for the job will think twice before becoming my driver!"

• Anju Gupta                 
  • Tuesday, 22 May, 2007
  •  courtesy: indya.com

The devil wears Prada, the angel wears tika

Tika-tack-toe, here we go! Amrapali, Manva Naik, Kadambari Kadam
    The television industry gets curioser and curioser. Of late, there have been series of mishaps on the sets of Teen Bahuraniyaan. Now, believe it or not, the cast and crew of the serial, including the three leading ladies Manva Naik aka Manjeet, Amrapali Gupta aka Bindiya and Kadambari Kadam aka Jaanki, actually believe that there must be some supernatural reasons behind it all!

Now, the three leading ladies have taken it on themselves to ward off the evil eye from the sets, in their own strange ways. They have started sporting a black string on their ankles. They have also hung up the good old lemon-chilli (nimbu-mirchi) at different parts of the sets. A 'baba' was also called to the sets to perform some pujas.

And last, but certainly not the least, all the bahuraniyaans are sporting a black tika behind their ears, as prescribed by the baba!

Amrapali Gupta aka Bindiya says (mind you, in all seriousness), "A few days ago when I was shooting a crucial sequence I had a narrow escape when a light almost fell on me. A few minutes later, the camera conked. It was really bizarre! Everyone was convinced that there was something wrong on the sets. We called up a baba and performed pujas. Now, the three of us always sport a black tika behind our ears, to ward off the evil eye."

In April, half the set was gutted while the unit was shooting a majestic wedding sequence. Needless to say, the producers suffered losses worth a few lakh of rupees. Luckily, the actors escaped unhurt. This was the beginning of more bizarre incidents. Manva Naik who plays Manjeet was also seriously injured while shooting a sequence for the serial. She met with an accident while riding a scooty. The three of them meeting with small accidents every other day has become a common feature on the sets.

Now, let's see if the tika works.

'  Everyone was convinced that there was something wrong on the sets. We called up a baba and performed pujas ' Amrapali 

Racing and chasing with Manava!

Manava Naik, who plays the Punjabi bahu Manjeet in 'Teen Bahuraniyan', rides a scooty quite effortlessly on the show. But recently, the actress had quite a harrowing experience while returning home post mid night after her shoots.

Manava was driving alone when some unknown boys tried to act funny with her. They started chasing her car for almost an hour in an attempt to scare her.

The two boys in the other car tried to maneuver her car for a considerable distance. When a truck came to Manava's rescue, she quickly escaped behind it. The other car was in front and shot for another direction.

"It was quite scary an experience. I didn't know what to do and they just wouldn't let go. I used to think Bombay is quite safe now, but these days I feel it's getting back to being a little unsafe," says Manava.

source: santabanta.com

TV stars speak about their Papa the great

'One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters'. On Father's day, we asked some of our T.V. stars about their fathers.

Manish Raisinghani
    My father is my hero and I worship him. He is pretty open-minded but I am very scared of him. He still gives me pocket money and I give him all I earn. I am just like my father ' hardworking and intelligent. One thing which I would like to change about me is my temper, which I also inherit from my father. My father is a perfectionist and so am I.

source: indya.com

Kadambari Desai, Teen Bahuranya

You may have seen her earlier in Balaji's Kabhi Sauthen Kabhi Saheli or Keh Tha Hai Dil. Kadambari, a philosophy graduate from a suburban Mumbai college, got many acting offers but turned them down because she wanted lead roles. This ambitious actress was bitten by the acting bug at the tender age of three, where she played a baby sparrow in a play! Later, she performed in experimental plays, and also acted in a Marathi play written by noted playwright, Vijay Tendulkar. "I went for an audition for Teen Bahuranya and was selected. I am simple like my character Janaki in that serial," she says. Working 14-15 hours, she gets only one holiday every 10 days. "My father-in-law is one of my biggest fans and he is very happy that I play Janki," says Kadambari, who is married to Sameer Desai, an ad professional. "He wants to know what will happen in next episode before it is aired so that he can show off to his friends. We have got good response for this serial even thought it is just one month old. "I have done Kundan Shah's unreleased film, Teen Behene, based on the real story of three sisters who committed suicide in Kanpur."

She is also doing a Marathi serial called Awagachi Samsara on Zee TV (Marathi) and anchors Tax Free on ETV Marathi.

< </>

Delhi boy Prashant smiles his way to small screen fame

New Delhi, June 17 (IANS) Once a charted accountant and now a television actor, Delhi boy Prashant Chawla is one happy guy with his role in Zee TV's 'Teen Bahuraaniyan' gaining huge popularity.

New Delhi, June 17 (IANS) Once a charted accountant and now a television actor, Delhi boy Prashant Chawla is one happy guy with his role in Zee TV's 'Teen Bahuraaniyan' gaining huge popularity.

Prashant, who won the best smile award at Grasim Mr. India, 2004, plays the eldest son of a Gujarati family in the soap. He says he doesn't mind being part of the female-centric story that revolves around three girls.

'The real audiences are housewives. And they enjoy watching empowerment of women. It makes them happy because they can relate to it. That's why most of the serials are centred on women. It's a fact and we can't run away from this fact,' Prashant told IANS on phone from Mumbai.

But the actor said he still fails to relate to the character he plays as he comes from a different family background. He hails from a family of bankers and chartered accountants, but chose to pursue a career as an actor instead.

'I can't relate to such things. I have never seen it. I don't come from this kind of a family background where 20 people have dinner together and cannot watch TV while dining. But as an actor I have to be convincing in the role I play. So what I do is that I try to understand the basic traits of my character and adapt it to the best of my ability. And I like my character,' said Prashant.

The role played by him, which has shades of both comedy and romance, has become very popular among female fans. But he is not happy with the marriage of the character.

'After the marriage in the serial my character has become too dependent on my wife Manjeet, and as a result he does not come through as an independent character. There are more emotional moments than romantic and that is why the audiences are missing that chemistry between my co-star and me. Discussions are on with the producer to put my character back on the track,' Prashant said.

The trial period of 'Teen Bahuraaniyan' is over and Prashant is looking for more assignments.

''Teen Bahuraaniyan' is on for a few months and the shooting schedules are comfortable. I can manage one more serial or a film role. I'm going through the script but haven't decided on anything yet,' said Prashant, who also worked in 'Tumhari Disha' and 'Kya Hoga Nimmo Ka'.

Though he nurtures big screen aspirations, Prashant doesn't believe that television is a stepping-stone to films.

'TV is not a stepping stone. Serials are just a practical way of grooming yourself. Here you are not trapped in an image. For example after 'Company', people refused to accept Vivek Oberoi in any other role. But you don't face any such problems in the television industry.

'But it doesn't open doors for you in films because lots of production houses don't want to work with TV actors. It's a very practical industry. If you are saleable, if people want to watch you for two-and-a-half hours or you have the potential to draw crowds to theatre, producers will cast you,' said Prashant.

Before moving to Mumbai the actor was into modelling and also underwent a month's training under the supervision of Rita Ganguli, a professor at the National School of Drama. He has also learned the art of mime and movement from a French woman.

'Your training helps you when you face the camera,' said Prashant, who did his first ad film with Nikhil Advani of 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' fame.

'It was an ad for an ice cream with Saif Ali Khan.'

So why didn't Advani cast you in his film?

'He called me for a role in 'Salaam-e-Ishq'. After a couple of sittings he felt that I am too young for the role. I think if a director of his stature calls you for a role, that's an achievement in itself.'

Scared Manava!!
    [15 Jun 2007]

Manava Naik who plays the Punjabi bahu Manjeet in Teen Bahuraniyan rides a scooty quite effortlessly on the show. But recently the actress had quite a harrowing experience while returning home post mid night after her shoots.

Manava was driving alone when some unknown boys tried to act funny with her. They started chasing her car for almost an hour in an attempt to scare her. The two boys in the other car tried to maneuver her car for a considerable distance. When a truck came to Manava's rescue, she quickly escaped behind it when the other car was in front and shot for another direction.

" It was quite scary an experience. I didn't know what to do and they just wouldn't let go. I used to think Bombay is quite safe now but these days I feel it's getting back to being a little unsafe." Says Manava.

Link:

http://magnamags.com/magna_showtime/node/932

Charming Trio
    Ashish Mitra
    Unlike the other saas-bahu sagas, Teen Bahuraniyan preaches how to lead a happy and serene life without trauma and tension in a joint family

raving the scorching sun, we reach the Mansukh Mills, Kanjurmarg where portions of Playtime Creationns' Teen Bahuraniyan is being canned by director Pawan Kumar. The set of the sitting room is being readied by helping hands and there is a lot of chaos all round. But as the ambience gets ready the hullabaloo dies down and it is time for shooting to commence. The artistes come and take their asssigned seats. The shot is ready to be taken with Pawan Kumar instructing his cameraman how to go about his task.
    A postman drops a letter adressed to Mithiba (Jyotsna Karyekar), the oldest person in the house. Seeing the letter, her three young granddaughter-in-laws Janki, Manjeet and Bindiya are surprised wondering as to where the letter has come from, when it is known to everyone that Mithiba has no one except the ones staying in the 'Gheewala House'. Looking around they find Mithiba missing. 'Cut!' says Pawan and it is time to shift attention to a room where Mithiba stays. As the camera and other equipment are being moved we get hold of the director who we see to be in a happy mood with his cellphone playing one of the local FM station on an extreme high pitch. "Tell us something about the serial, " we ask to which he promptly answers, " Teen Bahuraniyan, set in a patriarchal Gujarati 'Gheewala' family dwells into the lives of three bahus Janki, Manjeet and Bindiya who hail from different backgrounds. How the Gheewala family, a traditional believer in rituals and culture of Hindu religion, deals with the rural, modern and ultra-modern situations after bringing in three bahus, what significant roles the bahus play to change the mentality of the other members of the family forms the crux of the story. In between we are interrupted by some people who come up with some query or the other. But this time Pawan is called on the set by the art director. The camera and other equipment is in place and it's time to have the second go. Excusing himself and promising to come back to answer further queries, Pawan reaches the middle of the set and satisfying himself calls for Mithiba and the three bahus to take their appointed places for him to start canning.

The bahus walk towards Mithiba's room only to find out that the elderly woman is sobbing intermittently with the letter in her hand. Finding their mother-in-laws observing them keenly, the threesome inquire about the letter and the reason for Mithiba's constant crying. They are informed that such a letter comes to her every year on this particular date that happens to be her birthday. They also tell that the letter is sent by one of her childhood friends. The younger lot ask as to why this day is not celebrated to which their mother-in-laws say that Mithiba is against such practice. The three bahus are no longer wanted for the next shot as the upcoming scene would involve only Mithiba and her daughter-in-law. Till everything is put in place including the camera which is going to take close ups of the two women, Pawan comes back and sits besides us. " You seem to have a good hold on your art, things go very smooth once you are on the floor," we ask. Pawan replies," Having started my career as an assistant to Mahesh Bhatt with Zakham, Duplicate and Angaaray, I switched over to television and have done shows like Piya Ka Ghar, Ek Ladki Anjaani Si, Dulhan, Solah Shringar. But I have slowly realised that the director, in a daily soap, has nothing more to do except to shout "Cut" and "Action". The rest is being taken care of by either the cameraman, the musician or others. Here, I feel, the director's role is minimal. The creativity aspect of a director dies down. That is why, to live up to my urge for creativity, I am making a film Save Your Food that deals with wastage of food. By way of research we have come to gather that the food wasted per day around the world could suffice the hungry for two full days. This film is being made to be shown at various film festivals around the world. My main aim, however is to make good cinema."

While the other two go into the make-up room we corner Amrapali, the youngest bahu Bindiya. Describing her character, she says," Well, Bindiya, born and brought up in a rich Gujarati family, had always had her way in life. Her decision to marry Rohit Gheewala is to serve her own dreams. A resident of a small-town Jamnagar, Bindiya feels that getting married to a television journalist, that too in a metro, will help her accomplish dreams like meeting Shah Rukh Khan and other celebrities. Secondly, she is a passionate TV watcher but once she comes to the house she is a little disturbed because there is only one TV which is patronised by the other members of the family. She impresses upon her father to gift her a TV which he does. The elders in the Gheewala family resent this move but once convinced by her elder sister-in-law Janki, they relent. Janki is very understanding and always tries to solve matters with the elders." Suddenly she receives a phone call after which she seems to get restless. "Excuse me, I have to rush for the shoot of Ssh...Koi Hai," she exclaims.

We make our way towards the make-up room and find the eldest bahu Janki played by Kadambari Desai. Talking about her character Kadambari says, "Janki Gheewala is true to her name. She's traditional yet modern who respects values and Indian culture. She being a qualified MBA has been instrumental in helping her father, with her expertise, to take his confectionary business to new heights. Janki always dreamt of marrying into a joint family and having a husband who would love her and not her money. But her dreams often shatter in the light of reality." Differentiating Kadambari and Janaki, she explains, " While both are peaceful by nature the only difference between both these characters is that while Janaki is a housewife in a rich family, while Kadambari is a working woman." On asking her on-screen relations with her mother-in-law, she answers blushingly," when the daughter-in-law comes from a rich family, the relations ought to be impeccable."

Finally we corner Manava Naik, the majhli bahu Manjeet, an outspoken, intelligent Punjabi girl who's a working journalist by profession. She stands by what is right and is both spirited and energetic."The good quality in her is that she speaks her mind and does whatever she says," proclaims Manava. Giving her views about the serial, Manava says, "The serial identifies with the real. Basically the serial is about learning and experiencing life. You see, this is also a saas-bahu saga but there are no such aspects that give negative vibes to the viewer."

http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory.php?content_id=16068

Tani91 thumbnail
    Dedicated Prashant!!
    [16 Jun 2007]

Prashant Chawla is a very dedicated actor who has a daily soap Teen Bahuraaniyan up his sleeve and is happy the way his track is progressing. Prashant Chawla essays the role of the eldest brother, Mahesh and is enjoying the transition of his character from comedy to an emotional, dramatic one. Prashant is very excited about acting such emotional comedy roles and is looking forward to play more interesting and challenging roles.

" Television is a great medium and I'm happy to be a part of it. I prefer to do something unconventional and television these days has a lot to offer." – says Prashant.

Directors are you listening??

Link:

http://magnamags.com/magna_showtime/node/935

On TV: Himmesh in Teen Bahuraniyan

Singer Himmesh Reshammiya, whose film Aap Ka Suroor is all set for release on June 29, will appear as a guest in Zee TV's Teen Bahuraniyan. The shooting for this special episode is taking place today (June 20).

A thrilled Manava Naik says, "Two days back only they changed the script to accommodate this. I do not know about the brief yet. He is there in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa and they have their internal set up. So that is why it suddenly took place."

"It was surprise for all of us but we are really looking forward to it. It will surely be a different experience and we all are excited to see him perform in the show."

Does she like Himmesh's music? "Of course, all his numbers are cool and very catchy. My favourite song is soniye soniye. If we will get time then I will ask him to sing that song for me."

Mehul Kajria adds, "There will not be any kind of twist in the show. It will be like a promotion for his movie. He might perform on some songs as he is a great singer. I like his music and all his songs especially his energy while performing."

The episode with Himmesh may come on air next week.

• Sonali Joshi
  • Friday, June 22, 2007
  • source: indya.com

'I did face the casting couch'

Though actor Amrapali Gupta encountered this in Bollywood, she vouches that the TV industry is free of it

Amrapali Gupta, who plays the cunning daughter-in-law Bindiya in 'Teen Bahuraniyaan' (Zee) shares that she had to struggle before she landed this plum role.

She admits that she was accosted by the 'casting couch' syndrome in the beginning of her career. Amrapali says, "I did face the casting couch when I had gone to sign a film; but I don't want to name the person. Most people in the film industry are like that. But thankfully, the television industry has been spared of it."

Apparently, she was merely 18 when she was accosted but she stood by her principles even if that meant losing the film. But that hasn't deterred her from trying her luck in the glamour industry. Amrapali still looks forward to a bright future and adds that she wants to be a superstar.

She says, "Rani Mukherji has been my role model and I would like to do the kind of films that she has done. But to work with Shah Rukh Khan is my ultimate dream."

Amrapali adds, "Success won't descend on you. You have to earn it. To reach one's goal is essential but reaching it through the right means is more important."

A little known fact about Amrapali is that she carries her stuffed teddy bears to the sets. She laughs and says, "Yes, I do carry them along. But my co-stars also play with them."

Interestingly, the child-like Amrapali is hardly like her on-screen persona. She narrates, "I am like a child in real life. Once when I was playing games at a mall, I saw some children laughing at me. They were probably surprised to see a daughter-in-law playing games."

Further differentiating herself from her character, she says, "I know cooking and I love reading. Plus, I don't manipulate people."

Amrapali had recently appeared in a music video titled 'Chatni Mix', which didn't go down too well with the audience. Amrapali explains, "The production values weren't good enough," she defends.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1105281

Make way for gen-next!
    Meet five promising young TV actors who have what it takes for the long haul.

Amrapali Gupta (23)
    She plays Bindiya in 'Teen Bahuraniyaan' (Zee). This gritty girl not only braved opposition from her family but also fought off the casting couch.

Amrapali says, "I didn't even have the money to pay rent. So I had to sell gold bangles and chain to arrange for accommodation. Had I been guided by someone, I would have achieved success even earlier."

Now, she is in a position to help her sister achieve her dreams by financing her airhostess training. Amrapali's ambition? To achieve Rani Mukherji's stature.

http://www.dnaindia.com/slideshow.asp?newsid=1107062&sld id=1

Amrapalli Gupta who essays the role of Bindiya in Zee's Teen Bahuraniyan'was all gung ho after meeting Himesh Reshmmiya, when he had recently visited the sets of the show to promote his latest film Aap Ka Suroor. Interestingly Amrapalli bought him a present The gift however, was wrapped and Himesh took it along with him only to realise later that it was a cap. Amrapalli was heard saying, "I love Himesh 's  music and I'm his fan. It was a genuine gift from my side as he is known to love caps and keeping that in mind I thought he would like to add one more to his collection. It was just a token of appreciation from one of his avid fans. I hope he liked it."

Deccan Chronicle

Bahus war over wardrobe!
    Sapana Patil Poojary

Thursday, July 12, 2007  21:39 IST

Meenakshi Sethi allegedly grudged the expensive costumes given to co-actor Nimisha Vakharia in the show 'Teen Bahuraniyaan'

The on-screen jealousy and animosity between the bahus of 'Teen Bahuraniyaan' (Zee) seems to have spilled off-screen too. Apparently, actor Meenakshi Sethi, who plays Indira, was upset with the down-market costumes given to her. A source on the sets reveals, "Nimisha Vakharia (Kokila) is given rich outfits. This upset Meenakshi to a great extent, who had to make do with the simple ones."

A production member (Playtime Creations) admitted to the rancour. He says on conditions of anonymity, "There is disparity in their costumes because their characters demand it. Indira plays a woman whose husband is not a successful man. So she is made to wear simple saris. On the other hand, Kokila is the daughter of a rich man. Hence, she is heavily dressed to suit her stature."

Another source adds, "Meenakshi started having a lot of grievances against her costumes. So much so that she refused to shoot unless she was given a change in her look. Hence, a meeting with the costume designer was arranged, so that Meenakshi's demands could be met. The designs were then changed to accommodate her requirements but the look remained the same."

When contacted, Meenakshi stated, "It is true that I was not happy with some of the costumes given to me. They looked so tacky. Honestly, even my servants wouldn't wear such saris. Plus, they are heavy with zari work. The zari edges would hurt my skin. My skin is sensitive and I feared breaking into a rash. So I refused to wear them. But I am still being given the same kind of saris." However, Meenakshi denied being jealous of Nimisha. Nimisha too pleaded ignorance of such incidents on the sets.

source: http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1109543]

Manish proves it to mom that she is a better cook

Manish Raisighani  has always found food to energise him  so naturally it was indeclinable when he was offered to be the celebrity guest on ace chef Sanjeev Kapoor's Khaana Khazana recently.

According to Manish, his mom is the best cook and to prove his point he took her along to Sanjeev Kapoor's studio. "My mom is a great fan of Sanjeevji and she thinks that he is the best cook in the world but according to me she is. She had always wanted to meet him. I just wanted her to feel special thats why i took her to Sanjeevji's sets, but to me  she is still the best cook in the world." says Manish.

Telly Talk

Prashant Chawla who plays Mahesh in Teen Bahuraaniyan of Zee is hoing that the Taj would enter the seven wonders and has been urging everyone he comes across to cast a vote.  Prashant was lately seen on the musical contest Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Taj Special  with other stars trying to make a contribution.  "Yes, I hope Taj would make it to the seven wonders. I have visited it innumerable times. It has always been a wonder for me and it should continue to remain that way," says Prashant. Well, Prashant, point taken!

Deccan Chronicle

Edited by Tani91 - 16 years ago
    Tani91 thumbnail

Amrapali's Bold Filmy Aspirations!

Amrapali who essays the role of Bindiya in Zee TV's Teen Bahuraniyan is not content playing a sati savitri on small screen. She says, "I want to move to the big screen." This lucknow lass feels that "Although television does give name and fame, you are never known as yourself, but always as the character. I need to be remembered as myself".

So what type of roles are you looking at ?, "I am smart enough to know I will not get a major lead so fast, hence would be happy even with a side role". What about bold roles? "Why not, I have done a Rakhi Sawant type of video, before", she remarked nonchalantly !

But will this not harm your character's prospect? "Yes that's why I will never wear a bikini or go in the buff. What I meant was that I am quite comfortable wearing short skirts and tank top. Many TV chics wear such mod clothes!, so why not me". she ended.

Manish Raisinghania's Filmy Mania

Manish of Teen Bahuraniya seems to have a new addiction for sports and dance, is it a hobby

Manish Raisighania, Sameer of Zee's Teen Bahuraniya, seems to be addicted to Martial Arts. With his show - Betiyaan Apni ya Parayadhan ending, Manish has more free time with him than usual. He has taken up sports on a serious level. Post shootings of Teen Bahuraniya, Manish makes sure that he devotes to time to martial arts. Is this a new addiction? Well, not really. Manish is a second degree black belt in Karate, had won the State Championship title thrice for karate and also the National Championship title 4 times for karate and kick-boxing, but unfortunately Manish had leave aside his dreams due to lack of sponsorships.

When asked Manish about his passion for sports, he replied, "I was selected for international championship four times but due because of lack of sponsorship and the politics that go behind it, I decided to quit it. In India except for cricket, every other game and talent suffers which makes people loose their motivation to excel. Its sad but I'm glad now there are movies like Chak De India that are focusing on other sports."

Along with Martial Arts, Salsa classes are on Manish's agenda. Blending dance and action together, Manish does seem to be preparing for the big screen. "Of course I intend on getting into films. But at this point of time, I'd just say the keyword is 'preparation'." says Manish with a smirk.

Well, whether if it's Manish's big break to the big screen, or just a hobby, Manish sure seems to be enjoying his new addiction!

Sanskari bahu searching for negative roles

After expressing her wish to get a nose job done, Amrapali Gupta aka Bindiya of Teen Bahuraniyan now wants to play negative roles.

The chirpy, quirky bahu says, "It's nice to know people have liked and accepted me in a particular role but now I want to experiment with something new. Hopefully I find something interesting coming my way very soon."
    http://news.indya.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2007/August/New s_20070829_248

Tani91 thumbnail

Amrapalli aka Bindiya of " Teen Bahuranniya" on Zee is hitting the gym with a vengeance these days. Although, her co-stars find her slim and trim, the actress begs to differ. "I may not look fat to others, but I feel I have been putting on weight for the past few months. I don't like it, so I have started working out regularly and I am keeping a stricter control on my diet."

Interestingly, the native of Lucknow can't resist North-Indian food since childhood. "But then, one needs to take care of those extra calories as well! So immediately after my shoot, I hit the gym," says Amrapalli, who is enjoying her track in the show these days as it's the first time she is doing a romantic role.

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/top-stories/news /amrapalli-fitness-freak-310807.html

Manish Raisinghania's Chat

Rita > Hi, did you feel the heat from the audience after replacing Ejaz Khan as "Varun" in Kahiin To Hoga (KTH)? He was their favourite. How did you cope with the immense popularity he enjoyed?
    Manish Raisinghani > I think I was comfortably accepted by the audience in the first go itself and I got a very positive response from them. I don't think it was a very difficult task.

Sak bhavna > Hey Manish, this is Bhavna. You are just tremendous to look and are giving a fantastic performance in Kahiin To Hoga. So, what do you think about your cast? How are your co-stars? Is your co-star Rajeev co operative?
    Manish Raisinghani > Thanks a lot for the compliment. Initially, Rajeev and I didn't share a very good relationship. But now he is more of an older brother. He is very cooperative. And about the rest of the co-stars, it's like a huge family and I am the brat kid of the family who's pampered like crazy!

Archie > Tell me, do TV stars become snooty like big film stars after they attain popularity?
    Manish Raisinghani > Well, I can't talk on behalf of everybody. But, at least I am not like that. In fact I have become more humble.

Honey > What is your fitness funda?
    Manish Raisinghani > I workout for 45 minutes in a day and eat whatever you want.

Shama > Manish, are you planning to do movies?
    Manish Raisinghani > I am not taking up serial offers, as I want to do movies.

Gehta > Manish, Ejaz quit the serial and before him TV industry has (generally) seen replacement of actors so many times. Do you feel the insecurity as a professional?
    Manish Raisinghani > I believe whatever happens, happens for the best. And I don't feel any kind of insecurity. The only thing you need to do is be good at your job.

Thegr8_m > I have heard that you were a model in Paris. Is it true?
    Manish Raisinghani > I was a model in Europe (Turkey). I modelled there for a year.

Kush > Are you happy being a TV actor or you wanna do films also?
    Manish Raisinghani > I am an extremely unsatisfied man. I think I have to move on to better things.

Honey > When is your date of birth?
    Manish Raisinghani > 22 of July, 1979

Jugs > Are you marred? Do you have a girl friend?
    Manish Raisinghani > I have a girl friend and we will be getting married after four years.

Lili > Why didn't Rajeev and you get along initially? Some cultural differences or professional jealousies?
    Manish Raisinghani > Probably because both of us are known for our looks. So we had this kind of a rivalry. But when we got to know each other personally, everything got better (doubts were removed).

Clod > Some time ago there was talk of "Sujal" (Rajeev) quitting the show and then also "Kashish" (Aamna) was rumoured to be not happy with her role and was thinking of quitting. When such things happen, don't they have a demoralising effect on the rest of the time? Please do give an honest answer. Don't you guys feel that next it would be your turn to walk out?
    Manish Raisinghani > They had their own personal reasons and I would not like to comment on it. It did affect us, as it would be like one of the family members leaving (the family).

Honey > Who else are there in your (real) family?
    Manish Raisinghani > My mom, dad, a younger sister and grandmom.

Jugs > How did you get the role of "Varun" in KTH? Do you know anyone in the television industry?
    Manish Raisinghani > Before KTH I was doing a serial named Kahiin Kissi Roz and Kehna Hai Mujhko. So when Ejaz was being replaced I received a call from Ektaa to do the role.

Meena > What made you take part in the Mr. India contest?
    Manish Raisinghani > I have always been a misguided missile with a lot of energy and I landed up there and came out with flying colours.

Kali > What's your education? Do you come from a business family?
    Manish Raisinghani > I am a mechanical engineer. I come from a service family.

Bhavnasak16 > Have you done any albums? If yes then which one? Who's your favourite actor/actress? If you want to date who would you date?
    Manish Raisinghani > None because I have a very possessive girl friend who will kill me. I have done three albums – for Vaishali Sawant, t-series and another one is a Punjabi video, which is yet to release.

Uri > What's it with you guys, haan? You do engineering, MBAs etc and then become actors. Why? Don't you feel that you wasted your education and time?
    Manish Raisinghani > I believe you need education to fall back upon wherever you are. And it (education) reflects in your persona.

Dima > Don't you think your chocolate-boy looks may just over shadow your acting abilities and people will cast you just for the looks and not so much for acting skills? Has the thought occurred to you?
    Manish Raisinghani > Just for this sake I have been doing some thriller and suspense episodes for Aahat and Raat Hone Ko Hai where it's more of acting than style and looks; those are not even the criteria.

Khushbhu > Were you sure to become a model or TV actor since your child hood? If you were not an actor or a model, which profession would you choose?
    Manish Raisinghani > If I was not in this profession, I'd probably be vice president of some company but after five years. As a kid I never thought about acting or modeling. It all started when my seniors dragged me for an inter-collegiate pageant where I won the best male model.

Honey > Manish, your favourite movie?
    Manish Raisinghani > Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge is my all time favourite.

Sam > Hey Manish, how do you look at the competition with Rishi? If a situation arrives wherein two of you fight for the same girl what will you do?
    Manish Raisinghani > Just smile and the girl will be mine.

Jigs > What in a woman turns you on?
    Manish Raisinghani > The way she carries her self. It's not just the looks, it's mainly about the persona.

Binni > Tell us about your girl friend. Is she an actress too? What do you like in her sooo much? Where did you meet her? How long have you two been going steady?
    Manish Raisinghani > This March 10th we completed three years (of relationship). She's a model too. She is from Pune and her name is Vilvin. She was my best friend for a year. I met her at a friend's birthday party. What I like about her is - it's just that she is a class apart.

Sam > Manish, in real life will you marry a girl like "Mehak" who was already married earlier?
    Manish Raisinghani > If I really loved the woman, her past wouldn't matter.

Sam > Who is your favorite actor and actress?
    Manish Raisinghani > Favourite actor - Collin Farrell, Amitabh Bachchan. And among actresses – Catherine Zeta Jones and Rekha.

Kush > I am feeling dam jealous!!!!!!
    Manish Raisinghani > About what?

Kush > About your girl friend.
    Manish Raisinghani > Please don't be jealous.

Reena > When will you start looking for a corporate job since you want to be a VP of a company. Aren't we going to see you as actor for too long?
    Manish Raisinghani > I said if it all I wasn't in this profession I would have ended up as a VP. Since I am here, I'd like to deliver my best and entertain all of you.

Riky > From whom do you face tough competition - Rishi, Sujal or Akshat?
    Manish Raisinghani > I think it's Rajeev (Sujal) as his popularity is already sky high and he's got a much better and an adorable character to play.

Sign Off Message > Aim for the moon because if you miss at least you will become a star. Love, Manish.

Sentimental Manish gifts a birthday to spot boy

The sets of Zee's Teen Bahuraaniyan sure seem like a fun place to be. Recently, we heard that Manish Raisinghani threw a birthday bash for one of the spot boys who happens to work for the show. Apparently, when Manish and co-stars were talking about birthdays, he learnt that the spot boy had no idea when his birthday was. This touched Manish deeply and the following day he got a cake and a gift and they had a small celebration on the sets for the spot boy. The small celebration went off well but what nobody even realised was that it wasn't even the spot boy's birthday that day. And his only partner in crime was Kadambari who plays his wife in the show. Well Manish sure seems to be granting birth dates and not just gifts and cakes.

source: deccan.com

Prashant Chawla finds his love

Prashant Chawla, who plays Mahesh in Teen Bahuraniyan, has found his real life dream girl.

Refusing to disclose her name, Prashant admits that he is in love. "We met a year back via common friends. Our first meeting was very nice but I do not believe in love at first site. We started meeting often and with time discovered that we were in love. Later on, I proposed her in a very simple manner and she replied positively."

Why the secrecy over her identity? "I do not want to disclose her name because her first serial is coming on air and I do not want to harm her career. My family knows about it and is ok with the relationship. However, her family is not aware about it but it will be fine with them too I guess."

What about marriage plans? "We have not planned anything as right now both of us want to concentrate on our careers. May be next year we will decide about marriage."

On being asked what it was about her that attracted him so much, Prashant says, "She is very understanding and accepts me as I am. She provides me with the space I need for myself and takes good care of me. Recently, when I was suffering from viral fever and could not attend my shoots, she used to come to my place and give me medicines."

Prashant made his television debut with Tumhari Disha. He was a model and participated in Grasim Mr. India 2004. In Teen Bahuraniyan, Prashant is playing the husband of Manjeet (Manva Naik).

source: http://news.indya.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2007/October/Ne ws_20071001_7

Manava's co-stars will miss her

Manava Naik, who plays Manjeet in Teen Bahuraniyan, is taking a break from the show as she is going on a holiday to Singapore with her sister. Her co-star Amrapali Gupta talks about how much the crew of Teen Bahuraniyan is going to miss her.

Says Amrapali: "I was shooting with her just a couple of days back and I will definitely miss her a lot. Whenever she comes on the sets she says 'I'm back' really loudly. I will miss stuff like that."
    </>

We have heard that the Teen Bahuraniyans are very good friends off screen as well. "Yes we love to gossip and it won't be the same without her. She is the smartest amongst us. In fact we have given names to all three - Manava is intelligent, I am good and Kadambari is lovely."

Speaking about the fun they had together, Amrapali says, "For Ganpati recently the two visited my place and we had plenty of masti. During the breaks on set, we go to Hiranandani and have pizzas and snacks. I want her to come back soon."

Have you told her to get anything from Singapore? "I do not need to demand anything. She will definitely bring something for us. Last time she bought bags from Amritsar. I bought a purse and skirt for them and Kadambari bought mojadis from Jaipur."

Tanu, Executive producer of the show, says they won't be affected in anyway as Manava had informed them in advance. "Earlier, we had trouble when Meghna, who plays her mother-in-law, was sick and we had the track revolving around both of them. But we did a special episode and somehow manage to continue shooting. For Manava though we shot the scenes in advance. It is the yearly thing which she does for her family. She will join the shoot as soon as she comes back."

Manava is currently doing two shows - Teen Bahuraniyan and Baa Bahu Aur Baby.

http://news.indya.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2007/September/ News_20070929_301

Manava loves learning new languages </>   

Monday, October 08, 2007   

Television Actresses: Gallery
    Actress Manava Naik is known to be very experimental. Besides being a travel freak, she loves picking up new skills, especially new languages. Her latest hobby has been to learn French. Incidentally, Manava's elder sister is a French professor at a university. So Manava enjoys free classes from her.

But this is not the first occasion when Manava has tried learning a new language. While working in J.D. Majethia's "Baa Bahu or Baby", Manava gradually mastered Gujarati.

Then while working for "Teen Bahuranniya" aired on Zee TV, she learnt good Punjabi. The character of the daughter-in-law named Manjeet required Manava to deliver parts of the dialogues in Punjabi, instead of Hindi.

I have always been interested in language and culture. Initially, I found picking up Punjabi words really hard." But soon, Manava's patience ran out and she simply it gave up. Now, once again, Manava feels the urge to pick up the thread from where she had left. "I found learning Punjabi more difficult than learning French," the actress says

TV stars in demand for Navratra events

Television Actresses: Gallery
    Navratri is here and almost every other soap on television has an episode or two on the celebrations. Since the highlight of the 10-day festival is garba and dandiya, good dancers are in demand. And Amrapalli Gupta, who is currently shooting for "Teen Bahuraaniyan" on Zee, is one of them.

The young lady is a professional Kathak dancer. So mastering the dandiya moves for the forthcoming episodes of the show was cakewalk for her. Her dancing skills have also landed her offers of guest performances from many Navratra events in big cities. But with shooting on in full swing, Amrapali has little time for anything else.

The actress says: "I got offers from Jaipur, Rajkot and Indore to perform in dandiya shows. Unfortunately, I can't take time out as I'm committed to the shoots. Anyway, thanks to this festival fever, I have picked up dandiya. My previous knowledge of classical dance has proved to be an added advantage." Dance on twinkle toes!

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/television/top-stories/news /television-actresses-in-demand-191007.html

Kitab mahal

Manava Naik has a collection of books numbering over 20,000. Her library covers an entire floor at their Bandra residence

Kunal M Shah

Manava Naik in her library
    Did you know that Manava Naik, the protagonist in Teen Bahuraniyan, has a collection of books numbering over 20,000? She keeps them in her Bandra residence and is in the process of increasing her collection.

Evidently, Manava's family is in the business of printing, first set up by her grandfather. An entire floor of their three-storey bungalow forms a massive library. Says Manava, "My grandfather began collecting books. Besides heritage books that are not be available in bookstores, we have a variety of other books on subjects like history, literature, psychology, drama, films and politics."  

Meanwhile, her father, Arun Naik has also acquired a grant from the government to preserve these books. Explaining about the process of preserving these rare books, she says, "It's not easy to preserve the books as some of them are very old. There is a small section where the books are kept wrapped in a special paper so that they don't get damaged. Some of them date as far back as the 17th century  and have become so brittle that they can tear easily. We have about 200 such rare books."

These books are undoubtedly very precious to all in the Naik household. Manava says, "There have been a couple of incidents like the 26/7 rains where we almost lost the books in the drama section, as they were kept on the ground floor, but after that we dried every page of the books with a drier and re-bound them."

She adds, "There was yet another time when we had a fire in the house and we somehow managed to stop it from reaching the books."

Her personal favorite subject being literature, she says, "When I was a child, all my friends would come home to borrow books. I, personally collect and buy many books as my father has always been against the idea of borrowing books." 

source: http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;am p;am p;am p;am p;sectid=12&contentid=2007090220070902025802406213c1& ; ; ; ; ;pageno=1

Tani91 thumbnail

Vaishali Thakkar in Teen Bahuraniyan

Vaishali Thakkar, popularly known as Praveena of Baa Bahoo Aur Baby has entered Zee's Teen Bahuraniyan as Maaya. A dramatic and intense role, Maaya is rumoured to have a strong past which will unravel as the serial progresses. "I really liked the character I was narrated. I have been lucky to get varied roles right from the time I started. I was appreciated for my serious role in Ek Mahal Ho Sapnon Ka and my comic role in Baa Bahoo Aur Baby fetched me the Gold Awards," she enthuses. So, why did she bid adieu to Baa.... "My track got over," she says simply without getting into details. Viewers of the serial will surely miss the droll and funny Praveena.

Bindiya chamkegi!

Back to Section Stories Posted On Saturday, October 20, 2007

Ranjib Mazumder

Amrapali Gupta

Amrapali Gupta aka Bindiya of Teen Bahuraniyan is a keen learner. The actress, who belongs to Lucknow, was not very comfortable with English language and her accent was not up to the mark. But she was hellbent on overcoming the hesitation. She sought help form her co-stars Manva Naik (Manjeet) and Kadambari Kadam (Janaki) and they readily came to her rescue.

She says, "My accent is not very refined as it has the typical UP touch. So I am trying to overcome that. Both my co-stars Manva and Kadambari have been helping me a lot in this regard."

She adds, "Earlier I used to be a shy girl. In fact, I was very conscious of my accent and used to hesitate in talking to people. I have become confident now."

Uplift kara de

Actress Kadambari's husband was so shocked at the shabby condition of his wife's make-up room at a studio, that he ended up refurbishing it at his own cost
    Back to Section Stories Posted On Thursday, October 25, 2007

Ranjib Mazumder

Kadambari Kadam in the refurbished makeup room
    All the actors of Teen Bahuraniyan envy the show's lead actress, Kadambari Kadam aka Janki as she has a doting husband. Her husband has given a complete makeover to her make-up room.

One day, her husband Sameer Desai landed up on the sets of Teen Bahuraniyan to pay a surprise visit to his wife. The studio is at Mansukh Mills in Kanjurmarg. He also happened to step into Kadambari's make-up room when she was busy in a shot. Contrary to his expectations, he was quite depressed after having a look at the make-up room's dismal condition. Instead of asking the production house to give Kadambari a better make-up room, he took take the initiative to refurbish her room.

Says a unit member, "His argument was that Kadambari spends most of her time on the sets and especially in the make-up room. He was quite upset with the make-up room's condition. He bought cushions, bed sheets and whole lot of other stuff to give a better look to the room. The room is beautifully done and all the unit members can't stop talking about it. Now, everyone wants their make-up room to be done up like Kadambari's."

Kadambari says, "I share my make-up room with Amrapali Gupta (who plays Bindiya). My make-up room was not a very pleasant one, and Sameer was obviously not pleased when he saw the condition. He changed cushions and
    Kadambari with her husband Sameer
    bed sheets to add more colour to my room. He likes everything to be perfect and pleasant. I am so proud of him."

Kadambari's husband Sameer says, "My wife spends 16 hours on the sets, so it is very important that she has a nice make-up room. She works very hard, so whatever little time she gets to rest, she needs to feel at home. I did not like the ambience, so I made a few changes. I wanted to do more, but thought of not intervening in the production house's work. Now, it's looking better."

"I have received so many calls from her co-stars and unit members, and everyone wants me to give a makeover to their respective rooms. I hope the production house gives personal make-up rooms to all artistes," he adds.

Manava Naik wants to learn the piano

Manava Naik, Manjeet of Teen Bauraniyan, has a vast collection of musical instruments and wants to learn the piano among many other instruments. We asked Manava about her music inclinations.

"I like the piano out of the five instruments I have. It is an upright piano. I have a couple of other instruments as well like guitar and drum. I have learnt a little bit of piano and guitar but the others are just there in the bedroom. There is one special cleaner who comes and cleans them," revealed the TV star.

"The piano was purchased by my parents for my sister 17 years ago. She learnt to play it and taught me a bit too," added Manava.

What are the other instruments you have? "Well, there is a small synthesizer, which I like to play. Among Indian instruments, there is the flute which I do not know how to play. I would like to have a tabla and dholak too."

Manava feels since she has taken training in kathak, she is very attached to tabla and harmonium. "I am a fan of Zakir Hussain and have attended his and Sivamani's concerts. But I am keen on learning guitar."

What next on the list? "I want to have a banjo. One of my friends has it so I also want to buy one."

Manava Naik recently visited Singapore and has re-entered Baa Bahu and Baby.

Manava doesn't want to expose
    5 Nov 2007, 0000 hrs IST,TNN

'I am comfortable wearing short skirts'

Manava Naik is on a professional high as her character Manjeet in the television daily Teen Bahuraniyaa is grabbing viewer's attention and appreciation. Acting was not new for me. I have been involved with theatre since my childhood. I used to participate in school plays and college dramas. Moreover, both my parents are also associated with theatre. My mother is an actress and my father, a writer, says Manava.

As acting and theatre were very much a part of Manava's upbringing, was acting a conscious decision of hers? No, it wasn't, claims the actress. In fact, I went to a general entertainment television channel's office for being an accompanist there and they asked me to audition, and that's how Special Squad, my first television serial happened, laughs the actress.

Manava has been portraying different kinds of roles so far. She has played a western detective in Special Squad, a girl from a conservative Gujarati family in Baa, Bahu Aur Baby and is now playing an outgoing Punjabi bahu in Teen Bahuraniyaa. So what is Manava's forte? I think, I am quite versatile, says Manava. The actress who is inspired by Naseeruddin Shah's performances adds that playing different characters makes me happy. I want to do something challenging every day.

Bollywood is an obvious step ahead for television actors. But Manava has a different point of view, I am not aiming for Bollywood. But yes, if some good role comes across, I will definitely pick it up. She adds, The medium is not important. What matters is the character and the script.

These days, the trend of television stars being associated with reality shows is very popular. I would like to be associated with a reality show where I am allowed to explore a hidden talent of mine. I will love to do some dance based reality show, says Manava who also owns a piano and a guitar and aims at learning music in the near future. Manava is clear about her priorities, I have no objection with the modern costumes that one wears on television.

I am comfortable wearing short skirts but I don't agree with showing skin where it's not necessary. It has to be gracefully done and not just for the heck of it. Now that Manava has been in the television industry for quite some time, is she planning for a make over? No, comes the reply. It is important for an actor to groom and look different as per the requirements of the character. But personally, I am not going in for any makeover. Now that I have been playing that pretty-girl-next-door for
    quite some time, I would like to go in for something different, says Manava. Point taken!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV_Buzz/Man ava_doesnt_want_to_expose/articleshow/2517007.cms

"I will Love to do some dance based reality show"

Television actress Manava Naik is on a professional high as her character of Manjeet in the television daily Teen Bahuraniyaa is grabbing the viewer's attention and appreciation. "Acting was not new for me. I have been involved with theatre since my childhood. I used to participate in school plays and college dramas.

Moreover, both my parents are also associated with theatre. My mother is an actress and my father, a writer," says Manava. As acting and theatre were very much a part of Manava's upbringing, was acting a conscious decision of hers? "No, it wasn't," claims the actress. "In fact, I went to a general entertainment television channel's office for being an accompanist there and they asked me to audition, and that's how Special Squad, my first television serial happened," laughs the actress. Manava has been portraying different kinds of roles so far. She has played a western detective in Special Squad , a girl from a conservative Gujarati family in Baa, Bahu Aur Baby and is now playing an outgoing Punjabi bahu in Teen Bahuraniyaa .

So what is Manava's forte? "I think, I am quite versatile," says Manava. The actress who is inspired by Naseeruddin Shah's performances adds that "playing different characters makes me happy. I want to do something challenging every day." Bollywood is an obvious step ahead for television actors. But Manava has a different point of view, "I am not aiming for Bollywood. But yes, if some good role comes across, I will definitely pick it up." She adds, "The medium is not important. What matters is the character and the script." These days, the trend of television stars being associated with reality shows is very popular.

"I would like to be associated with a reality show where I am allowed to explore a hidden talent of mine. I will love to do some dance based reality show," says Manava who also owns a piano and a guitar and aims at learning music in the near future.

Manava is clear about her priorities, "I have no objection with the modern costumes that one wears on television. I am comfortable wearing short skirts but I don't agree with showing skin where it's not necessary. It has to be gracefully done and not just for the heck of it." Now that Manava has been in the television industry for quite some time, is she planning for a make over? "No," comes the reply.

"It is important for an actor to groom and look different as per the requirements of the character. But personally, I am not going in for any makeover. Now that I have been playing that pretty-girl-next-door for quite some time, I would like to go in for something different," says Manava. Point taken!

source - http://www.tvguideindia.com/tellystars.htm

Aunt we adventurous?

< content=12/05/2007 name=date>
    Smriti Irani will join the cast of Teen Bahuraniyaan, a show outside her own production house, as a strong-willed mausi. She calls it 'an adventure'
    Back to Section Stories Posted On Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Kavita Shyam

Smriti Z Irani is all set to enter Zee TV's Teen Bahuraniyaan as Vrinda Mausi who will save the main lead Janki's (Kadambari Desai) life from her in-laws. This the first show she will acting in outside her own production house after she quit Balaji Telefilms and got into production. Currently she is working on Virrudh and Mere Apne.

Smriti confirms that she was indeed going to be part of the show. She says, "Yes, I am doing Teen Bahuraniyaan and am playing a positive character in the show.

People thought I would not be doing any show outside my production house. I have worked with the writer of the show besides Hemalji (Hemal Thakkar, producer) and when the channel told me about the role I was impressed.

Besides, the team has put together good shows in the past.  The channel will be able to elaborate on my role. And just watch out for my look in the show!"

What made her do a show outside her own production house? She says, "Even as offers were coming my way, I was exploring the possibility of acting in a serial outside my own production house. Together with the channel I'm working on various projects."

As Smriti enters a new show there are bound to be expectations. How is going to deal with that? "This is a new adventure I am embarking on and I know there will be huge expectations from the viewers.

We made sure that there were elements of lightness in the role and that it made a difference to the show. I feel excited about going back to a set only as an actor and not as a producer. I like to be at the mercy of a creative head of another show.

It has been a nice experience shooting for the show so far and I am impressed with the creative team. I am looking forward to this."

Sharad Mehta, creative supervisor of the show at Zee TV, elaborates on Smriti's role, "Smriti will be playing a strong and confident mausi in the show.

She is unpredictable and will tackle issues in her own way. With various shades to her character she will be the motivating factor and a source of strength to Janki and will re-unite the family. Smriti will make a huge difference to the show."

Smriti started shooting for Teen Bahuraniyaan yesterday and she will be on air from December 10.

•  This is a new adventure I am embarking on and I know there will be huge expectations from the viewers. We made sure that there were elements of lightness in the role and that it made a difference to the show. I feel excited about going back to a set only as an actor and not as a producer – Smriti Irani

source : mumbai mirror

Teen Bahuranis speaks about working with Smriti

Smriti Irani is all set to enter Teen Bahuraniyaan as Vrinda Mausi. Her track will come on air from December 10th. Smriti has already completed the promotional shoot. We asked the three bahuranis to share their experience of shooting with one of television's biggest stars.

Bindiya (Amrapali Gupta)
    "We just had a photo shoot with Smriti. It's great that she will be acting with us. I was watching her constantly. She was on the phone a lot discussing about her other shows. She has a lot of stamina and brains to handle such a huge production house. My director Swapna had told me to be silent when she will be on sets so I tried my best not to disturb her. She came a little late on the day of the shoot but apologized to us and said, 'Sorry for the inconvenience but for serial shoot I will be on time'. When I was in Lucknow, I had watched her earlier episodes of Kyunki and it was my dream to work with her one day."

Manjeet (Manva Naik)

"I still can't believe that we will be shooting with Smriti Irani even though we have finished the promotional shoot with her. She is big star but still very humble. She was the first to introduce herself to us. From the little I have seen of her I have learnt that is she is very focused, hardworking and very understanding."

Janki (Kadambari Desai)

"I'm quite excited but not nervous. I feel great that she is my on-screen aunt and I'm looking forward to the shoot as I will be having the maximum scenes with her. I have not interacted with her so far because she is handling two shows and so is in a hurry. I didn't want to disturb her."

Let's see if Smriti can work her magic in Teen Bahuraniyaan too.

http://news.indya.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2007/December/N ews_20071205_40